>try to sell car online

>try to sell car online
>take nice photos, make a detailed post explaining faults, service history, just basically all the info I know, state price is firm
>recieve 10,000 idiot questions, random phonecards from time wasters, multiple lowball offers (like literally less than half of my FIRM price)
>clear that some are not even reading the add
>have two people come to view, test drive. One a complete time waster, the other starts point out all the issues hes found (thay were in the fricking ad!) and lowballs me. Just tell me price is firm
>realize this isn't even fricking worth it
>take ad down

Whatever it can fricking rot for all I care. The potential money I'd get for selling is simply not worth dealing with people.

Terry Davis: They Glow, You Shine Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Terry Davis: They Glow, You Shine Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>hits you with the dealer trade in kelly blue book price for the base trim in poor condition and 200k miles more than what your vehicle has
    >before he's even seen it

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

[...]

$ firm nop tire kickers
      You fricking homosexuals. Simpler to just rob you of those cars you're letting rot than entertaining your delusions.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Negotiation is a skill, and most people don't have it. That's why I drive my cars until they're kaput and then sell them for scrap

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you price it slightly above what you want for it and let them haggle you down to that price.
    simple as.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This. Then everybody's happy. The buyer gets to tell everybody
      >Yeah, he wanted $x for it, but I negotiated him down to $y
      And you get to tell everybody
      >Yeah, I put it up for $x but sold it for $y, which is what I wanted anyways

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I started putting my asking about 50% higher than what I want. I ask 15k want 10k guy haggles me down to 8k he signs the title grinning ear to ear for saving 7k and I get rid of POS car I don't want anymore

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

where are you from and what are you selling? (and how much)

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

New Zealand. A suzuki alto 93, for 850 dollars. Runs, drives, registered. Very fair price.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

nice I'm from Norway was ready to strike a deal as I'm looking for a shitbox to massacre

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>new zealand
        >suzuki alto
        >$850
        hmmm this sounds familiar

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

850 is well into the realm of scrap value
        wtf are you even bothering
        why not part it out on ebay?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Small question for the people here but I'm a nocar gay looking to buy a 90s japanese shitbox because they seem to be the only affordable option around my place... what should I look out for? I have a small bike and can wrench a bit but I have never touched a car.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Where you live? What is your budget? I have a couple of shitboxes that are perfect for you

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You should just put up an ad without alot of explanation about the minor details should read:
        >Price
        >YMMT
        >Milage
        >Engine
        >Gearbox
        > Runs & drives
        >Heat and AC works or doesn't
        > Registered and title status
        >Price
        >Name and phone number

If you put up a wall of text im going to assume that somewhere buried in it is engine blew up, car caught fire, pics are from before the accident. And if it doesnt say that, you forgot to mention it. Something like that.

Should be simple. Old shitbox. I know what I got. price is firm

Then ignore/block/ghost anyone that lowballs or asks stupid questions

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Good advice, I'm looking to buy and hate the walls of text. I'll feel out the small stuff when I get there, just need the major no-gos answered before messaging.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Great levels of details only make sense on some $100k collectable, not on your basic poorgay commuter box.

Picrel is what an ad should look like for a basic poorgay car

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The car isn't good looking, and what the frick even is properly equipped for a shitbox? best performance? Frickin really? This thing can barely out-perform a schwinn. And no frickin way does a decent sound system come in that.

This ad is frickin stupid like a first year used car salesman wrote it. Get the frick outta here with that.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

> He doesn't know.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'll give you $450 for it. But I'll need you to carry paper the first couple of months.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I know that feel bro, trying to sell a Camry in Aus right now and it's nothing but poos lowballing me and wasting my time, and literally none of them read the ad.
    I use to write nice detailed ads, the kind of ads I'd want to see, but these days it seems if you have more than a few sentences that's too much effort for them to read.
    I cottoned on eventually that when they just send you a block of text with questions you've already answered in the description, it's just a flipper/dealer copypasting it to everyone, and then when you answer they offer you half what you want.

The last "cheap" car I sold, I had to stoop to the normalgay NPC level, none of this nice picture from every angle and interior photos, or well written ad, nah literally just 2 photos of the outside, photo of the dash, and basically wrote RUNS GUD, NEED WHEEL BEARINGS and sold it in less than a week for close enough to what I wanted. The Black person still tried to negotiate when he came to pick the car up, after looking at it already, agreeing to a price, and leaving a deposit, like what the frick.
    I fricking hate society.

It's shit like this that has put me off buying cars over the last several years, because I hate the idea of having to sell them again when I'm bored with them and go through all this BULLSHIT again.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No, multiculturalism is our strength.
      Why shouldn't every single interaction you have with the general public be undermined by scammy, criminal low iq dark people?

Had the same shit selling my veloster. They're shameless. Offers well below dealer trade in price, even after I told them I'd been rejecting higher offers...

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>even after I told them I'd been rejecting higher offers..
        You could very well have been lying you subhuman. And even if you weren't, those past offers change nothing to his offer. Why try so hard to israelite people if you're that dumb?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>shit like this that has put me off buying cars over the last several years, because I hate the idea of having to sell them again when I'm bored with them and go through all this BULLSHIT again.
      Why bother selling them then?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

....money?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yeah, but you said your putting of buying new cars because of it.
          Just buy more cars.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>your

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>implying that's the only mistake in that sentence
            midwit

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

imagine selling a physical asset in the year of our lord 2024

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you think that's infuriating, you should have tried to place an NSA anonymous encounter add on Craigslist back in the day. Same shit, but worse.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Greentext?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>M looking for F
      >casual sex only
      >get replies from dirty mike and the boyz wanting to put some D's in some A's while listening to talk radio in a red prius down by the docks
      >poodle and old jar of mustard included

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Like others said, if you're firm on $850, list it for $1000 and let some moron think he won by negotiating down to your real price.
    idiot questions
    Simply ignore them, or reply back with "read the ad, I've already answered that".

Also, you have to realize its an $850 car. Only the brokest frickin morons are going to be shopping for a sub-$1000 car. Thats who your clientele are. Last car I sold I had 3 buyhere payhere dealer representatives show up trying to buy it for half what I listed too while pretending not to be a dealer. Its how they get around certain rules or whatever by lying to sellers.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

best advice. get a canned response on your clipboard to send out to anyone asking a moronic question. block anyone that follows up with nonsense, or offers well below the asking price. set your shitbox higher and then get "talked down". idk how old you are but no one on the planet does classifieds like this anymore, and the kinds of people you're bringing to your ad certainly aren't going to just pay you what you ask, reasonable or not

850 is well into the realm of scrap value
      wtf are you even bothering
      why not part it out on ebay?

I would have too much attachment to any of my shitboxes to sell them for scrap unless they're no longer roadworthy, so I understand wanting to pass on a some cheap old car to some kid that needs a cheap old car

>sell shit
      >ask more than reasonable (even one fault makes you a lazy bastard and possible more faults)
      Just quit selling shit if you are this moron.

>more than reasonable
      fricker is asking around $600 USD for a driveable shitbox. piss off

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I actually had to do this when I was renting out a room in my share house. We generally have the cheapest rent in the suburb whenever we need a room filled and initially advertised at that price. All sorts of weirdos, no-shows, what I can only assume are sociopaths etc would show interest.
      Bumped the advertised price up $75 bucks a week and all of a sudden normal people started coming through, I'd surprise them by telling them the rent is $300 bucks less than they thought and the room was filled in no time.

I personally was poor for most of my 20's so I like to pass on a good deal and give people a chance but when you're dealing with bargain basement prices you get a LOT of bargain basement people.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yeah I think the biggest problem is listing it as a firm price, just increase it slightly and say it’s negotiable

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>sell shit
    >ask more than reasonable (even one fault makes you a lazy bastard and possible more faults)
    Just quit selling shit if you are this moron.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This is the car. It runs, drives, is registered. I want 850. That is MORE than reasonable and I priced it so low because I want it gone. I can get around 350 in pure scrap value, has 4 decent tires. So someone would be paying only 500 in extra money for a running driving fricking car.

I mean how hard is it? I get extreme lowball offers (someone literally called me and said he'd give me 400 as if he's doing me a favour - I just hung up).

I think the real issue is that it's so cheap only the poorest brokest morons are interested. I never had this many problems selling actual decent cars for thousands.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I Would buy it without bullshit if it was here in my area. Probably has to do with New Zealand immigration policy

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yes although the "native" Maori are like slightly more docile Black folk

https://i.imgur.com/GrHgxmb.png

Great levels of details only make sense on some $100k collectable, not on your basic poorgay commuter box.

Picrel is what an ad should look like for a basic poorgay car

This ad sucks. It's an incredibly generic reading of the marketing specification of 1984

Now do you understand why people just lease vehicles these days? After you're done with it you just drive it back to the dealership and drive away with a brand new vehicle, no questions asked.

Once again, another great example of how Brown people ruined a previously high trust institution.
          Personally, I've never come across a time wasting boomer (other than the ones that list their junk for way too high.)

I saw someone here say once - everything that Europe gives shit at Americans for (guns, driving distances, single family homes, fast food drive through, litigation - it's basically all a result of trying to stay away from Black folk (and spics).
          Unfortunately, we are unable to avoid them online, the government literally gives them free phone and internet to shit up our spaces.
          Imagine how much more productive we'd be without Indians scamming or time wasting?

Remember the golden days of the white man's forum, compared to any 14 year old with broken English posting junk on a Facebook group?
          The Lebanese ruined most Australian import car pages with their petty drama and inability to answer a technical question. Any serious topic was detailed by their low iq humour, they couldn't leave anything untouched.

>Put ad online at 10:05:00 am
          >at 10:05:07 your phone rings
          >hello?
          >WAS IS LEDSDE BREIS? (very thick sandBlack person accent for german "what is final price", aka what's the lowest $$$ you're willing to sell for?)
          such is life selling a car in germany where shitskins have completely taken over the used car market

Fricking hate that term, Indians use it here, too. Then no matter how you respond, they offer way lower than trade in value that I can get no hassle from a dealer. I will never sell or buy from an Indian or Arab.

If only there was some way to keep foreigners from moving to your country, and to get them to leave. Something like a boarder, and requiring them to pay for every product or service they use while in the country, and fines/jail/deportations and executions for crimes committed by them

Nations have this until you get too many israelites. America and Australia had this up until the mid 60s. Paradise.

Protip: any decent respectable person can afford new cars cash, and used cars buyers are almost all lowlifes. It's worth "wasting" the money to buy (and then total) new cars every few years simply to avoid having to deal with lowlife Craigslisters, minimum wage "technicians", service people, etc.

99% of humanity is simply not worth interacting with. If you value your time, sanity, etc. you will eventually realize this. Why do you think billionaires build private escapes and buy islands to get the frick away from the rest of humanity?

True, somewhat. It's more so that you need to heavily discriminate.
          Also, due to inflation, I'm not rich enough to burn money. Tbh I recently bought a new car, and that wasn't exactly a red carpet experience, either

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>mass replay 'let them eat cake' 'born in wrong era' homosexual

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

So it is you.
        How'd you work out the 5/S VIN thing?

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just sell it to carmax

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I HATE selling... same story, get a million people asking questions that I answered in the facebook listing (which was fricking short) followed by a low ball offer less than half the listed price and well below any sort of market value.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Using Facebook is the mistake. If you put something decent on craigslist and then check to make sure they actually put your contact info in the ad, you get legit calls/texts from people who want the car. Also a couple of morons and scams. Facebook is where boomers/tards hang out and bullshit and haggle.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This is what carvana is for: selling your car conveniently
    Never buy there, but it's a good place to sell

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Now do you understand why people just lease vehicles these days? After you're done with it you just drive it back to the dealership and drive away with a brand new vehicle, no questions asked.

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Put ad online at 10:05:00 am
    >at 10:05:07 your phone rings
    >hello?
    >WAS IS LEDSDE BREIS? (very thick sandBlack person accent for german "what is final price", aka what's the lowest $$$ you're willing to sell for?)
    such is life selling a car in germany where shitskins have completely taken over the used car market

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If only there was some way to keep foreigners from moving to your country, and to get them to leave. Something like a boarder, and requiring them to pay for every product or service they use while in the country, and fines/jail/deportations and executions for crimes committed by them

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

everytime that happens i just answer with my price + 500 and add Viel Nachfrage (= many requests). if they keep up the bullshit i raise it another 500. it's fun.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>if they keep up the bullshit i raise it another 500
        when I was like 17 I was getting out of a sport and selling all my old gear on a relevant forum for cheap. some moron kept PMing me lowballs for two items and I just went back to the post and increased those prices by $5 every time he messaged. when he commented on it, which wasn't immediately, I told him the new price was due to unexpected demand. it got so out of hand I had to edit it to note that the new prices only applied to xXx420BLAZEITxXx or whatever and that all others would get a special first time message discount. good times

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Did that selling my first (and last) thing on ebay. Just a small vintage carburetor. Dude wanted to haggle me down to 50% off, so I did. Then he started complaining that $20 was too much for shipping, so I raised my price again and put free shipping. He messaged me again explaining I could ship it some other way for $16 and asked for the original price, last time being a reasonable man asking for reasonable shipping. I raised the price again. Some other dude bought it 2 weeks later at my inflated price and "free" shipping.

Its a 2-way street of "is $10 really worth it to you?" but also, no. If I'm the one going to the fricking post office, getting tape, getting a box, shipping it to your dumbass, wrapping stuff in paper or bubble wrap, you're going to pay the extra $2 to make sure it gets there safely. If my price was totally off (2 total on ebay, mine was half the price of a working carb) then tell me with a link or two and see if I'll be reasonable to match or come down to a more reasonable price. But don't start nitpicking over $1-5, I'm just going to raise my price for having to deal with you. If it doesn't sell I don't care.

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

greentext time
    >be me in my early 20s
    >have an old shitbox to sell
    >put it up at a shitbox price
    >get a call, husband and wife looking for a runabout
    >she hops in to test drive it
    >her feedback is seats are comfy and it smells nice
    >husband drives it
    >points out every tiny detail on why my shitbox is shit
    >points out all the expensive work that needed doing to it and apparently wouldn't last a year
    >gives me a lowball offer thinking i would reject it
    >i just want rid i don't care what it goes for
    >immediately held out my hand DEAL
    >he slowly reaches for mine and shakes it
    >his wife is happy she now has a nice smelling car with comfy seats
    >i look at his face, i don't normally see an expression were someone dies inside but that was one of them

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>gets car cheap
      >happy wife happy life
      >dies inside
      I don't get it. I know some people just live for the haggle but come on.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

this happened 20 years ago, i was young and they would be todays boomers. stereotypical arrogant and lofty and genuinely thought i wouldn't take his offer, since boomers are always correct apparently thats a lot of money he's got to pay to put it right, if he believes what he said was true - the guy clearly didn't want it but was too proud to retract his offer

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Happy wife happy life but the dude obviously didn't like or want the car for whatever reason. He probably wanted something to play with or he didn't want to buy her a car at all and was hoping after enough test drives she'd lose interest lol

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Protip: any decent respectable person can afford new cars cash, and used cars buyers are almost all lowlifes. It's worth "wasting" the money to buy (and then total) new cars every few years simply to avoid having to deal with lowlife Craigslisters, minimum wage "technicians", service people, etc.

99% of humanity is simply not worth interacting with. If you value your time, sanity, etc. you will eventually realize this. Why do you think billionaires build private escapes and buy islands to get the frick away from the rest of humanity?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Le epic based edge lord.
      I tip my fedora to you good sir.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Why do you think billionaires build private escapes and buy islands to get the frick away from the rest of humanity?
      So they can frick kids and sacrifice them to Baal when they're finished. You are right about 99% of humanity not being worth interacting with though.

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>try to buy car online
    >find interesting one for a reasonable price
    >car is four hours away from my location, and due to work I can't go check it/buy it in person before a couple of weeks
    >ask to hold the car, perhaps with a refundable deposit to show I'm serious about it
    >don't haggle or anything, I want the car, I have the money, I just don't like buying completely blind
    >guy starts pushing me to buy the car outright, refusing the deposit, he's got many offers, the car is perfect, and all that stupid jazz
    >"tell you what, I'll send you a video of the car tomorrow"
    >get the video
    >the whole rear of the car has been hacked and riced, bubba style, mileage is way lower than the publicly available record, exhaust is caked in carbon residue
    >fixing all that would end up costing way more than it's worth
    >all this was conveniently missing from the ad
    That was a waste of time and effort and hope on my part. Serves me for trying to be a decent customer.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>hold it for a couple of weeks
      >with a refundable deposit

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Believe me, that car wasn't going to sell anyway, I just got excited and anxious. I know because I've been lurking the second hand market of that very particular model for the past two years and I keep seeing the same ads slowly going down in price without ever disappearing. In fact that same car I wanted to buy is still there, unsold, with an updated mileage, lower price, but still no pictures of the back.

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've timewasted two sellers in the past because they seemed completely ignorant of a thing called "corrosion", let alone rust. I didn't see the point in mentioning that bits of their £3,000+ priced used car is frittering away.

20. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

double the price you want so morons can feel good about lowballing you

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Most people just don't know how moronic they are

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Does it have air conditioning?

23. 3 weeks ago
    civil engineering stud

hey at least you didn't get any scam attempts, online classifieds have become cancer lately
    remarkably worse than just a year ago in fact

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

car selling thread?
    >be me
    >selling a volvo 240 DL -89
    >every young finns dream car
    >everything works but is somewhat ugly and has starting rust issues
    >tell basically everything about it in the ad and ask for 1300€ but lowest i was going for is actually 1000€
    >first guy calls me and asks if it's a diesel when i've told in the ad it's carbed
    >second guy says 500€ and he's going to take it right away
    >third guy is underage with no license who came to see it with his mom and asked if i could keep it for him until he gets his license
    >fourth guy is some frick who actually says he's going to pay me 1000€ for it
    >gets in the car test drives it and complains it's low on gas so he needs like 50€ off
    at that point i just agreed and sold it for 950€ i couldn't take it anymore
    fourth guy called me almost every day to ask something about it like when was the oil changed and when was the timing belt last changed

25. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I drive my cars until they're not worth anything anymore and sell them to some African exporter for 400-500 EUR.
    Frick selling cars online, I don't want to deal with all of these idiots anymore.

26. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you are showing clear signs that you are asking too much for your shitbox, im sure you know what you have...

27. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>sell a completely rusted out subaru for 1200 several years ago because it had an engine variant some autist purist from 2 states over wanted
    >sell a bimmer with not just electrical gremlins, but electrical demons for 300 more to a moron who thought his daughter would love it
    >can't sell a babied low-mileage Panther for literally any fricking price

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *