>Trying to troubleshoot vague problems in my Japanese kei car

>Trying to troubleshoot vague problems in my Japanese kei car
>only guides online are homemade youtube videos from Filipino highway mechanics speaking tagalog

CRIME Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

thats why i buy a new f truck and trade it in every 2 years, frick having to work on my car when all i need to do is get to the office on time

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You're on the wrong board wrenchlet

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>vague problems
    Such as?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I got not temperature guage. Just doesn't move at all. Traced the wire to the temperature sending unit, undid it and ground it and guage shot to max, so I know there's nothing wrong with wire or guage. Went to wreckers and got 2 (TWO) senders to replace mine. Tried both no change. Thought maybe there could be a problem with it not actually reaching the coolant or something so ran the car and then unscrewed it until boiling coolant got all over my hands (fun). Dunno what's going on. Ordered a brand new sending online but will be a week to get here. Hopefully it's just 3 (THREE) sending units are bad and I actually have to pay money to fix my car (I just stole the ones from the wreckers - paid for the sun visors I needed though), otherwise I don't know what the issue is?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Just doesn't move at all. Traced the wire to the temperature sending unit, undid it and ground it and guage shot to max.
        >Replaced sensor 2x
        You're right, that is unusual. And you did the exact things you should've. Have you considered maybe a loose or corroded grounding point connected to the guage cluster? Has it been like this as long as you've had it?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yeah only had it a week, and that was my next idea - some sort of wiring ground issue. I even tried putting the guage wire onto the sending unit dipped into a cup of hot water then ran a wire to ground from it and nada. But when I connect the ground to the wire that goes to the sending unit guage shoots to max. So it must be the sending unit. I dunno maybe they just go bad, it's a 35 year old car and the ones from the wreckers were about that age. I'll try a brand new one if that doesn't work I'll either burn the car down or just fit an aftermarket guage/wire/sender unit.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

those sending unit and temp gauges are the simplest thing in the world. you can apply a 80's civic repair manual towards the problem. trace the single wire that plugs into the sender unit to the cluster. make sure there is continuity through the wire. you should be able to ground the wire directly to the frame and the temp gauge should rise to "H". If this doesn't happen, the gauge itself is likely defective.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Did you even read my post?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

yea it sounds like you're flinging sender units at it and not doing any diagnostics

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Did you even read my post?

never mind i'm tired apparently i can't read. get some water up to a boil and bring it over to the rig. drop the sensor in the hot water and see if it reads the temp.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Dude read the thread holy shit:

Yeah only had it a week, and that was my next idea - some sort of wiring ground issue. I even tried putting the guage wire onto the sending unit dipped into a cup of hot water then ran a wire to ground from it and nada. But when I connect the ground to the wire that goes to the sending unit guage shoots to max. So it must be the sending unit. I dunno maybe they just go bad, it's a 35 year old car and the ones from the wreckers were about that age. I'll try a brand new one if that doesn't work I'll either burn the car down or just fit an aftermarket guage/wire/sender unit.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

He humbly admitted he hadn't and you shit on him for it? Get fricked.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

dipshit he said he didn't read it, and then right after tells him to do some shit he LITERALLY said that he did. If you can admit you didn't read the fricking thing, then read it before you spout some other bullshit.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Deal with it. It's DA, you have to assume that people may have not read every post. And this guy

[...]
            never mind i'm tired apparently i can't read. get some water up to a boil and bring it over to the rig. drop the sensor in the hot water and see if it reads the temp.

was extremely humble about it. Arguing after that just means you're a fricking prick.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

dude. it's DA. you have to assume that after somebody acknowledges that he didn't read the fricking posts you should reasonably expect him to have read the posts before publicly acknowledging it. so many fricking self described enzo ferrari mechanic-tards want to regurgitate advice to sound smart to wrenchlets and then fall back on "oh sorry I was tired" when called out for wasting a byte of internet data.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

its not a fricking big deal moron

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

yet you're still typing 😀

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Are you being moronic on purpose? He admitted his mistake, while making the same fricking mistake. How hard is it to read a 10 post thread before spouting some shit that's already been tried and discussed? So many fricking morons on this board.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

well you got me i didn't read that. what make and model is this vague japanese kei car you're working on?
            btw i've had bad luck with aftermarket senders. i put one from autozone in an 88 acura legend and it read like it was on the verge of overheating driving up hills. switch to oem sender and all was good. if you can't get your gauge to work you're best bet is to skip that and just go right to the aftermarket gauge and sensor setup.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>buy an import that was never available to any english speaking country
    >wah wah wah why can't I find any english repair guides

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This. Op is a moron. If you’re gonna buy obscure Japanese cars at least make sure it was sold in Australia.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'm from New Zealand, DA is an international site you fat American pig.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Japanese kei car
    I'll search for you in Japanese.
    What is the name and year of the car?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *