Unironically who would buy something like this? The idea of not wearing your seatbelt at all confuses me.

Unironically who would buy something like this? The idea of not wearing your seatbelt at all confuses me.

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Unironically who would buy something like this?
    dodges drunkest ram drivers

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have one so I can put groceries in the passenger seat without the car beeping at me.
    >inb4 plug in the belt
    This one lives in top glovebox which is much easier to reach.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I put one of those in the passenger's seat belt of the work Tacoma.
      If you put stuff on the seat it'll trip the weight sensor in the seat and the truck starts caterwauling because it thinks there's an unbuckled passenger.
      The nanny state needs to die.

The fact that neither of you thouight of just fastening the seat belt and throwin the shit over it boggles the mind.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I tried that. The stuff bumped the seat belt buckle and unlatched it

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>stuff bumped the seat belt buckle and unlatched it
          Let me get this straight, your "stuff" somehow managed to jump over the edge of the seat and press a frickall square inch area recessed button going around the solid piece of steel stuck next to the button? I'm not saying that's complete bullshit but that's complete bullshit.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yes.
            I set a pair of brake rotors on the seat. The bottom rotor pulled the lap belt tight, pulling the part with the button (whatever it's called) horizontal. The top rotor hit the button with the corner of the box.
            >recessed
            no, not really. Pic related, it's the one for driver and center seats

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

cap. i just put my groceries in the trunk. if my hands are full i can just stand behind my car for a couple seconds and the trunk automatically opens :^) i love modern cars

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>in the trunk
            >of a Toyota Tacoma
            I'm assuming your mind is so rotten from tiktok that you can't read

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

clean your trunk

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>not wanting to go out of my way to put three bags in the trunk means it's dirty
        Nice projection.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I put one of those in the passenger's seat belt of the work Tacoma.
    If you put stuff on the seat it'll trip the weight sensor in the seat and the truck starts caterwauling because it thinks there's an unbuckled passenger.
    The nanny state needs to die.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

but if you put something that heavy on the seat you should secure it with the seat belt anyway anon

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

How do I secure a pair of brake rotors and a set of brake pads with the seatbelt? Dummy

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

idk, but its as much work as putting on the seatbelet
          also why are you putting heavy, dirty objects on the seat and not the floor?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

"I don't like bending over!" Is the usual complaint, despite bending over for Jamal all the time

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>also why are you putting heavy, dirty objects on the seat and not the floor?
            They're brand new in the box. If they were used parts they'd go in the pickup bed.
            Though now that the snow is gone the new parts can go in the bed too, as long as it's not raining.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

My fricking PHONE sets that c**ting alarm off.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

On my daily the USB cable for charging the phone can set it off.
        If it's looped a couple of times and the phone is charging, it goes off.
        No loops, doesn't go off.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

you shouldn't put unsecured items on the seat, they can easily fly around the cabin in the event you need to turn quickly and could land under your pedals or something

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Statists really think final destination was a documentary lmfao

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>turn a corner at 20mph
        >brake rotor caroms around the interior
        >rotor strikes me in the head at Mach 2
        >killed instantly
        It happens like three times a week, I'm getting tired of respawning in new timelines.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I do this too in my E90 because the seat sensor is fricky and always thinks there's a passenger I cba to replace it so I just plug one of those in

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>The idea of not wearing your seatbelt at all confuses me.
    Its a personal liberties thing. State will steal money from you if you decide not to use a seatbelt because its for your safety. Then the same state will say its perfectly fine to ride a motorcycle at 70mph without a helmet or leathers because frick it.

I do not need the state to make laws to extort money from me to keep myself, and only myself, safer.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I hate the government too but putting your life on the line to be a contrarian is just stupid.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Its not being contrarian. Its being an autonomous adult that doesn't need the government intervening in every aspect of their lives. Why is the state entitled to money when someone not causing injury to another, and has no capacity to cause injury to another, when someone of sound mind simply chooses not to wear a seatbelt?

Did you know you're putting your life on the line drinking more than 1 alcoholic beverage? How is it still legal to buy a gallon of vodka? You don't need that much at one time. You'll pay a $10 per cigarette tax too. Animal fat in that burger? You're going to be taxes on that before its banned. Ladders are how people fall and kill themselves, you're not allowed on a ladder anymore. Cleaning solutions working too good, so the state will come up with a way to ban it for your safety and you can pay for an alternative that just doesn't work.

Again, state interference specifically for your sole safety is the definition of a nanny state.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I don't care about the government, I don't understand why you wouldn't just naturally protect yourself. Yeah frick the government and who it decides to tax but just think of your own best interests.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Because with everything in life, there are those who are completely risk adverse, and those who are somewhat risk tolerant. Having a gun in the house means you're 60% more likely to shoot a family member. Having a couple beers a day increases heart disease and liver disease. Enjoy a cigar once ina while? Skyrocketing chances of lung and throat cancer. You listen to music a little too loud sometimes? Hearing loss. You climbed a ladder at your house to paint some siding? Cancer chemicals and increased risk of falling off.

Again, encourage people to do the best and safest thing. It simply doesn't make sense to mandate personal safeties.

>I don't understand why you wouldn't just naturally protect yourself.
            Why is it legal to be 700 pounds eating fast food daily? Shouldn't the government tax those people and make fast food illegal and require people to complete physical tests every year just like car registration?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

But those are all risks caused from abuse, you're not gaining anything from not wearing a seatbelt whereas smoking and drinking have short term benefits.

As for the morbidly obese person you're not going to hear me disagree but I doubt you'd like how my opinion works. Personally I think fast food companies should be treated the same as alcohol and tobacco companies, I think we're going to look back on the happy meal with distain. Like you said encouragement works better than mandates so we should subsidize gyms and high protein vegetables instead of big meat.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

And of course tax cuts for healthy people and weight loss.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>whereas smoking and drinking have short term benefits.
            Oh, these personal safety laws were created for people like you. Have you really never taken your shoes off for a road trip? Some places have it in law you have to have proper driving footwear. What about unbuckling yourself to take a sweater or whatever off then put it back on?Ever notice how much more comfortable not having a seatbelt is? I generally ride my bike with a helmet, but if I'm going 2.2 miles to the burger shack I often don't wear my helmet knowing I'm not going very far and not getting above 50mph.

>we should subsidize gyms and high protein vegetables instead of big meat.
            I think you're trolling now. Get off DA, Bill Gates. Stop looking for government subsidies for your onions and poison farms.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Don't get it twisted I'm not saying these are hard and fast rules I'm purely speaking about personal self interest. Sometimes you're gonna drive without your shoes because you can't be fricked, sometimes you're going to drive without a seatbelt because you'll be in the car for 5 minutes, but in general you should be wearing your shoes and seatbelt for your own personal benefit.

Also not trolling, if anything I'm confused as to why this thought is treated so hostile. Money is flowing no matter what so wouldn't it make more sense to discourage low grade, mass produced meat for healthier options? Should we not incentivize people to live healthier lives?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

And again to be clear, don't like the government. I think it works for corporate interests not its citizens.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>but in general you should be wearing your shoes and seatbelt for your own personal benefit.
            Sure I agree with you on that. I still cannot see the rationalization to extort money from me if I CHOOSE not to utilize a safety device. Something much more analagous is deliberately purchasing and driving a vehicle without an airbag. They're mandated for new vehicles, why hasn't the government stepped in to declare old vehicles unsafe and they should be crushed immediately?

>Should we not incentivize people to live healthier lives?
            Not be taxing things that are considered "unhealthy" and I don't even like the idea of incentives like subsidies, tax breaks, or anything else. Again, thats conceding the fact that you as an adult are too fricking stupid to make decisions on your own and have to rely on the government to tell you what to do. That is why people get so hostile. Mostly because we know governments are fricking moronic and don't have our best interest intended at all.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I just don't put as much stock into the law that you do, to me it's not a threat or a violation of my personal choices because it's so purely beneficial. I hope you understand that I'm not disagreeing that there's a double standard, there is.

As for the role of government I think that we're going to be ruled no matter what so we may as well have someone on our side (ideally). I think your attitude is understandable given the current cultural climate but I personally don't hold the same level of resentment. I don't think it's that you're too fricking stupid and you need the government, I think it's that a helping hand is necessary sometimes. Like if you were to lose your job you shouldn't also lose your health benefits.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>I don't think it's that you're too fricking stupid and you need the government, I think it's that a helping hand is necessary sometimes.
            Say that after reading the mandatory labels on toasters and hair dryers that aren't to be used in the shower or bath tub.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Why would I read that?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I would like to remind you at this point, as I am reading through the thread, the question was "why would anyone not wear a seatbelt." Your response was because of the government ticketing you. The counterpoint to that was that it's still rational to wear your seatbelt and that you're being a contrarian, and your latest post is still complaining about the law as if that was a reason not to wear safety gear that is totally unobtrusive. You are a contrarian and have convinced yourself that you aren't. There is no rational reason not to wear a seatbelt. It is good that the government mandates seatbelts because most people only wear it due to the fear of being ticketed. This saves lives, which is a net benefit to society. There is no arguing this point. We know seatbelt laws increase rates of seatbelt usage and seatbelts save lives. Get over your contrarian views on government, anon. Stop being a homosexual and wear your seatbelt. You aren't cool for not wearing one. Nobody thinks you're a rebel. You're just a moron.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Ever notice how much more comfortable not having a seatbelt is?
            I am so used to the feeling of a seatbelt across my lap and shoulder that the absence of it causes me discomfort. Same goes for a helmet when motorcycling. Taking my bike around the block to test something feels super weird withnothing on my head

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

"i don't wear a seatbelt because i'm just that badass!"

acting like this stopped being cool at 14 you manchild

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Never said anything about being a badass. Weird how you think I'm automatically cooler than you for wanting less government in my life.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

"there are those who are not risk tolerant. i am not one of them"

yeah same shit different soup moron

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Did you leave the house without wearing a bullet proof vest, helmet, and IFAK trauma kit? What kind of risk lover are you?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

you don't?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Weird how you think I'm automatically cooler than you for wanting less government in my life.
            That's because antiauthoritarianism is the coolest ism. Followed by sexism and racism

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I don't wear a seatbelt on my motorcycle for the whole riding season why do I have to wear one in something with an actual crash structure

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

because motorcycles stopped being cool at 14.
            anyone who thinks they are just hasn't gotten older

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/m3qxvE1.jpg

"i don't wear a seatbelt because i'm just that badass!"

acting like this stopped being cool at 14 you manchild

have a nice day homosexual weeb

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

buttblasted lmao

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

go back >>>/n/

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I can smell how much he's making you seethe lmao

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Its not being contrarian. Its being an autonomous adult that doesn't need the government intervening in every aspect of their lives. Why is the state entitled to money when someone not causing injury to another, and has no capacity to cause injury to another, when someone of sound mind simply chooses not to wear a seatbelt?

Did you know you're putting your life on the line drinking more than 1 alcoholic beverage? How is it still legal to buy a gallon of vodka? You don't need that much at one time. You'll pay a $10 per cigarette tax too. Animal fat in that burger? You're going to be taxes on that before its banned. Ladders are how people fall and kill themselves, you're not allowed on a ladder anymore. Cleaning solutions working too good, so the state will come up with a way to ban it for your safety and you can pay for an alternative that just doesn't work.

Again, state interference specifically for your sole safety is the definition of a nanny state.

You're just rationalizing your contrarianism. How would you react if the government decided that it would tax people who attempted suicide? Would you go through with it just so you wouldn't be around for them to collect?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

In many areas committing suicide is illegal and if you attempt suicide and don't succeed you'll be arrested
            so you have to follow through to avoid jail time.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I think not wearing seatbelt is dumb but he's right. My body my choice, I don't want the government mandating what they think is best.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The government should not be allowed to regulate anything. They do a shitty job of it, and most of it is just a scheme to swell the coffers so they can vote themselves another pay raise.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>government tries to promote the common good as dead motorists are a net drain on society
      >moron decides to not do something logical because the government might give him a ticket if he doesn't
      I bet you if the government gave you a ticket for putting out cigarettes on your kids, you'd start doing that, you stupid homosexual.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

[...]
        You're just rationalizing your contrarianism. How would you react if the government decided that it would tax people who attempted suicide? Would you go through with it just so you wouldn't be around for them to collect?

Talk to your therapist. These are weird hypotheticals to bring up in a discussion of personal liberties and seatbelts.

I would like to remind you at this point, as I am reading through the thread, the question was "why would anyone not wear a seatbelt." Your response was because of the government ticketing you. The counterpoint to that was that it's still rational to wear your seatbelt and that you're being a contrarian, and your latest post is still complaining about the law as if that was a reason not to wear safety gear that is totally unobtrusive. You are a contrarian and have convinced yourself that you aren't. There is no rational reason not to wear a seatbelt. It is good that the government mandates seatbelts because most people only wear it due to the fear of being ticketed. This saves lives, which is a net benefit to society. There is no arguing this point. We know seatbelt laws increase rates of seatbelt usage and seatbelts save lives. Get over your contrarian views on government, anon. Stop being a homosexual and wear your seatbelt. You aren't cool for not wearing one. Nobody thinks you're a rebel. You're just a moron.

Yeah if only people would stop being contrarians and just do whatever the government tells us we'd be better off. Be sure to get your 10th vaccination and eat more corn.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>just do whatever the government tells us
          So if the government made it illegal yo have a nice day, you'd do that too, then?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Careful standing so close to the edge.

>I will forego this unquestionable, objective, and unobtrusive improvement to my wellbeing because of an imaginary fight I’m having with the government.
            Just admit that you’re fat next time.

I'm not fat. But apply that same logic to a lot of things and realize you're wanting to be a subject of the government instead of an individual. Personal liberties and government infringement isn't a good thing even if you agree with the specific infringement. EV's are more efficient and better for the environment says the government. When did you buy your Tesla?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Okay, anon. Let me ask it to you this way: If the government did not ticket you, would you wear your seatbelt?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Sure I would, the vast majority of the time. Most supplemental restraint devices are beneficial including traction control, anti-lock brakes, air bags, seat belts, seat belt tensioners, crumple zones, collision detection, early braking, and cabin-foam. I choose to use these items in my late model vehicle. I'm not vilifying the devices, I'm not even upset that most people use them. I am however upset the government signed it into law and can steal more money from me if for example I do not want to use them for a mile or for a weekend road trip.

Kinda sad some people in this world (and thread) cannot differentiate between personal liberties and ITS JUST GOOD FOR YOU SO FOLLOW WHAT GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU mentalities.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Sure I would
            Okay, thanks for confirming you do it just to be a contrarian, then.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Okay, thanks for confirming you do it just to be a contrarian, then.
            Doing what? Wanting less government intrusion?

https://i.imgur.com/tZZXt1a.jpg

About half of US children in 2022 will either witness their parents' divorce or never have a father in the picture in the first place. That's unfortunate as is, but another equally unfortunate side effect (as the other anon demonstrates) is that these people almost always believe that the government should act as the father figure that they never had growing up
            The end result, as the other anon demonstrates, is a growing desire among public morons to make everything they don't like illegal even if it literally doesn't affect anyone else and sometimes even has a good purpose

Its really unfortunate. I advocate for adults to make adult decisions on their own, and he's demanding more government control because some people make decisions he disagrees with. Sad, really.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Doing what? Wanting less government intrusion?
            It's too late now, dipshit. You explicitly said you would wear a seatbelt if it wasn't mandated by the government. You are just a contrarian. Thanks for playing, idiot.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>wants less government intrusion
            >wears a seatbelt, but doesn't want that to be mandated
            I'm not sure you understand what a contrarian is and I'm confused as to why you think its an insult. How many boosters are you up to?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You're trying to backpedal. The question asked was: "Would you wear a seatbelt if it wasn't mandated?" You didn't say you did, and that you were against fines. You said you would, implying that you currently don't. It's okay, dumbass. I know shit's hard out there for morons.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>You didn't say you did, and that you were against fines
            See

Sure I would, the vast majority of the time. Most supplemental restraint devices are beneficial including traction control, anti-lock brakes, air bags, seat belts, seat belt tensioners, crumple zones, collision detection, early braking, and cabin-foam. I choose to use these items in my late model vehicle. I'm not vilifying the devices, I'm not even upset that most people use them. I am however upset the government signed it into law and can steal more money from me if for example I do not want to use them for a mile or for a weekend road trip.

Kinda sad some people in this world (and thread) cannot differentiate between personal liberties and ITS JUST GOOD FOR YOU SO FOLLOW WHAT GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU mentalities.

How is that backpedalling if I never said I never wear my seatbelt or helmet and other riding gear?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>See

>I would
            >would
            Are you ESL or just moronic?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Let me break down those posts for you
            >would you wear a belt if the government didn't ticket you
            >sure I would
            and you're stuck on
            >WELL YOU DIDN'T EXPLICITLY STATE YOU DO NOW AND WOULD ALWAYS AND WEAR A SEATBELT
            Are you some angry teen that doesn't understand implicit conversations or hypothetical questions? How would you feel if I didn't wear a seatbelt this morning?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>WELL YOU DIDN'T EXPLICITLY STATE YOU DO
            Yes, that's how English works. If you imply that you don't, then you say you would, if you say that you do, then you say so. Now you're backpedaling because you're a fricking moron that only now just realized his own stupidity.
            >understand implicit conversations
            Implicitly you said that you don't wear a seatbelt by saying you "would." You're the one that doesn't understand how language works. Top kek, what a shit-for-brains moron you are.
            >How would you feel if I didn't wear a seatbelt this morning?
            It would personally be irrelevant to me as it actually is this very moment.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Yes, that's how English works. If you imply that you don't
            So you're aware of subtlety and implications, but made an incorrect assumption that I don't wear seatbelts because I don't like government intrusion over personal choices that cannot effect others?
            >It would personally be irrelevant to me as it actually is this very moment.
            How about the next moment then? Could you describe any moment that it would be relevant to you? You didn't explicitly state every possible moment! (thats how you sound right now)

Just admit you made an incorrect assumption and you can't admit it.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>So you're aware of subtlety and implications, but made an incorrect assumption that I don't wear seatbelts
            Because you said you would wear them, implying that you currently don't. Yes, that is correct.
            >I don't like government intrusion over personal choices that cannot effect others?
            This is incorrect as well. You death does affect others and it is a drain on emergency services.
            >How about the next moment then?
            See, now you're trying really hard to get me on your level. It's not going to work, so you might as well give up. You also do not understand that the two statements, yours and mine, are not analogous. You said you would perform and action. This implies that you do not currently perform said action. This is not the same as the situation you asked about. This shows what little mastery you have over the written word, and why you obviously would not wear a seatbelt, since you're obviously of sub-par intelligence.
            >Just admit you made an incorrect assumption and you can't admit it.
            I'm sorry you can't write, you dumb b***h. It's clear you're backpedaling, though. Even you realize how fricking stupid you sound saying shit like that. Enjoy your little rebellion, homosexual.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Nta but
            His whole point was that people who don't wear belts to be defiant are moronic. It's not really about whether the law is a good law or a bad law, just that people that put only their own lives in danger in order to be rebellious are children. You replied to this point to argue about the law, thereby implying you were one of those people (otherwise everything you said was completely irrelevant to his point). I agree that mandating it is fricking moronic. I also think not wearing a safety device is fricking moronic. Do you agree with that anon that choosing not to wear a seatbelt for the sole purpose of feeling rebellious is dumb or not? That's the only point to be made here.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Not sure if its the same anon, but I've explicitly agreed wearing a seatbelt is a good thing and people generally should. I see what you're saying though and why he's completely confused about my position.

Its kinda like saying I don't think marijuana should be illegal and him assuming I'm a 420blazer that wake and bakes every day and smell like skunk all the time. But after I've explained I don't smoke weed he's continuing the larp that I'm contrarian and smoke weed because its illegal and I still smell bad while back pedaling even though my position hasn't changed.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Its kinda like saying I don't think marijuana should be illegal
            No, anon, it's more like being asked if you would stop smoking marijuana if it was made legal and you said you would. One would safely assume that you only do it because it's illegal. Learn to write, you dumb b***h.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>One would safely assume that you only do it because it's illegal.
            The worst possible jump to conclusions on any subject. Buddy, you're just not understanding how the world or people in general work.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I'm sorry, so you think a man saying he would stop smoking marijuana if it was legalized does it for other obscure reasons which we are not privy to, or do you think he only smokes because it's illegal? Which do you think follows logically?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>would stop smoking
            >would stop
            Your changing your question in the hypothetical.
            Not that anon btw.
            Would I smoke weed if it were legal?
            No.
            Would I smoke cigarettes if they were illegal
            No.
            None of this implies I smoke either currently. You're moronic homie

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Anon, you're not gonna get through this moron's head. Some people lack the ability to process nuance, so unless you have nothing better to do with the rest of the day I'd advise cutting this "debate" short

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I have given up on him. You cannot convince religious zealots their church (the government in this example) is often wrong.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Care to answer this post, then?

I'm sorry, so you think a man saying he would stop smoking marijuana if it was legalized does it for other obscure reasons which we are not privy to, or do you think he only smokes because it's illegal? Which do you think follows logically?

Or are you another homosexual that can't read?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to too.
            This anon will refuse to understand this joke

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

About half of US children in 2022 will either witness their parents' divorce or never have a father in the picture in the first place. That's unfortunate as is, but another equally unfortunate side effect (as the other anon demonstrates) is that these people almost always believe that the government should act as the father figure that they never had growing up
            The end result, as the other anon demonstrates, is a growing desire among public morons to make everything they don't like illegal even if it literally doesn't affect anyone else and sometimes even has a good purpose

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Like race tracks?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Race tracks aren't being shut by governments. They are being shut by private individuals suing the pants off their local tracks in an effort to take control of the land. This is what is happening at Laguna Seca.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The Green movement gone amok.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It's literally not about that. It's just a land grab. Even the most ardent environmentalists would tell you that race tracks are a drop in the bucket compared to most daily transportation methods, not only that, but race tracks could conceivably only race electrics, and these people would still be after them.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I believe they see racetracks as our churches, or the like. Laguna certainly isn't the only track under fire, and it's not like it's near a population center. The tracks were there long before people started moving in next door, so the newbies new exactly what to expect. Time will tell.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

If it happens over there, it'll happen here too.

[...]

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Nah, we'd win.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

About half of US children in 2022 will either witness their parents' divorce or never have a father in the picture in the first place. That's unfortunate as is, but another equally unfortunate side effect (as the other anon demonstrates) is that these people almost always believe that rebellion against the government is a substitute for rebellion against a father figure they never had growing up. The end result, as the other anon demonstrates, is a growing desire among public morons to make everything the government does as a challenge to their identity even if the government directive is an effective method to safeguard said idiot with technology that has a clear purpose.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>I will forego this unquestionable, objective, and unobtrusive improvement to my wellbeing because of an imaginary fight I’m having with the government.
      Just admit that you’re fat next time.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>his car beeps if you don't put the seatbelt on
    lmao

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

it works nice when I'm feeding cows
    >put hay truck in 4 low and low gear
    >climb out
    >jump on back and throw hay
    >truck drives slowly enough I can walk back up front and get in

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Just unplug the sensor under the seat you dumpasses
    <- you

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

What if I actually have a passenger and get into an accident? Their airbag won't go off then moron
      <- (you)

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

you won't have a passenger you virgin
        <- you

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Usually people who resent the Government regulation of all things.
    I had a friend in college who bought a new car (his daddy had shitloads of money) and the first thing he did with it was to take a knife and cut the seatbelts out.
    Joke was on him though, because the next year the State made seatbelt use mandatory, which meant the car had to have working seatbelts in order to pass safety inspection.
    He wound up paying something like $1,300 to have new seatbelts installed.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

When a motorcycle cop with an open face helmet, no riding gear, and short sleeves can pull you over for not wearing a seat belt, that's how you know it's not about safety. It's about compliance and control.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Has that ever happened to you?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>can
        The operative word, right there.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Ah yes but the police will create any justification to interfere with your life whether it's valid or not.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

most people don't drive bikes. If most people drove bikes and there was high fatality rates they would probably ban them, it's in the governments best interest for people not to die for moronic shit so they can keep paying taxes

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

In balkans they actually use those even in government cars. Basically we use cars for a lot of quick stops during the day and people can't be assed to fasten/unfasten their seatbelts all the time.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>The idea of not wearing your seatbelt at all confuses me
    my bmw was crashed so many times the buckle don't work on driver seat plus it doesn't have airbags now. Front subframe is rusted plus was straight for like 2-3 times sooo crumple zones doesn't exist now.
    > I crash i die
    > simple as

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

two words: BAD ASS

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

People who like crappy tuna

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I was in a high-speed accident, and I'd certainly be dead or brain damaged, had I not been wearing a seatbelt.

I still believe it shouldn't be mandatory to wear them. There's a little thing called "freedom", sweetheart.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>I still believe it shouldn't be mandatory to wear them.
      Why? Or do you not think that the higher cost involved in dealing with a death at an accident scene does not warrant the government dictating safer behavior on public roads?

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Someone based enough to choose when they want to wear their seatbelt but pozzed enough to own a new car.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Not wearing seatbelt is comfy

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Wearing seatbelt is comfy

You don't slide around uncontrollably when you're driving like you're supposed to

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Those are for morons I just snipped the seatbelt chime behind the head unit. Only cucks wear the cuck belt.

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Same larpy but w/e I just wrap the seatbelt around the headrest then plug it in due to the fact it doesn’t want to wind back up a lot now at 300k

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *