Used car prices

Everybody sure seems to know what they got.

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I bought a 2021 CX5 with 7300 miles on it for "20k"
    After all the dealer bullshit it got yanked up to fricking 30k

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>cars
    You know it's more than just that. But they only ask that much because someone, somewhere, will pay it.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That pic just looks like your common money laundering

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Can you believe these people asking that much for a car with working ac?

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Here's yer $2000 Civic

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Is this still available?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

i've accidentally sent that once or twice. quickly followed up with an actual question, but futile effort since the seller just ghosts me like 99% of zuckbook marketplace already does

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Don't use your real name and profile pic.

Use a picture of a white guy, and pick a obvious white name.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

my name is white as frick but maybe too white

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i thought 'potatoenema' and a cartoon koala with a monobrow was good enough but apparently not

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i found a 280k miles bone stock civic with a binder full of service history from a boomer outside seattle for 2900 earlier this year. only notable damage was a rear quarter accident properly repaired. theres still gems if you're patient and look around and maybe don't go for the most hyped up models that come up first when you google "good used car under 5000"
      i'll be in the market for a red block 240/740 wagon soon and i doubt i'll pay more than like 3500 for it and i only buy cars from grandpas. hard rule i walk away if the guy on craigslist is under 40.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

apparently i buy shitboxes with blown up engines but otherwise decent condition for $500 and drop engines into them. i can get a Honda D-series motor for a dime a dozen and accidentally accrued a collection of them.
        I want to get a nice, clean, stock CRX HF for myself at some point. I'll be waiting for the right listing to come up, fixing the EGR valve that apparently no one knows how to fix so that it can go into closed loop, and driving it across the country getting 60mpg on the backroads.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

$3000 and under is truly fricked if you think it will ever recover you don't know about cash for clunkers and that stupid Black person obama
      $3000-5000 and $5000-10000 market is actually pretty good right now compared to the last few years

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Cash for clunkers temporarily bumped shitboxes 2x in price but by 2011, I was daily driving a $1500 car in decent shape with heating, ac, pw,ps,pm, and a 5spd manual transmission. And I had a $1200 f150 4x4 5mt plus a $500 460 ci shitbox Van. And up till 2020 I could just go and buy a nice car from a the shitbox dealership for under $2500 otd

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>you don't know about cash for clunkers and that stupid Black person obama
        C4C has zero effect on today's prices. None of the shitboxes that got canned back then would still be on the road today. Most of them back then were crap no one would want to buy because they were gushing fluids or knocking or slipping transmissions. Government sponsored push pull or drag as long as it was registered and could limp in on its own power.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

No, most of them were decent SUVs that could have lasted a couple more years. They nearly excluded shitboxes
          >Had to be registered to the same owner for more than 1 year
          > Had to be drivable
          >Had to be junked as a credit towards a new car
          > Had to have an epa window sticker of less than 18 MPG. If your civic was somehow only getting 11 mpg it didn't qualify.

So basically it was designed for middle class people to move their new car purchase to that timeframe, and poorgays could not use it cause they didnt own their shitbox long enough, or it didnt come with bad mpg from the factory

It doesn't have a huge impact on the market but it kinda sucked back then

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Dude, I've seen S90s and 850s in other countries and they were PRISTINE and drove great.
            Those and the V12 S-classes and 7 series are the most fricked up ones they destroyed.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Here's your $1500 Civic

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>automatic
        that's why it's still nice

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Black folk need to git gud

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Crisp looking Civic, I would but praise be the Lord I could afford a Hellcat instead.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

my gf bought a 2004 ford focus for $3k. works fine, just needs a new AC compressor.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I bought one too, expect it's been in the shop more than on the road last year. And this year.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>it's been in the shop more than on the road last year. And this year.

And that's why most people can't afford used cars.

>but muh payment

You have a payment. You just don't know when or how much, so you can't plan ahead and have to keep every last nickel in reserve so you have a few dollars for when the car shits the bed. Again.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Money is really the lesser of the problems, it's the time that's missing. It can (and will) break down in the middle of the road. I don't count pennies, but I do have to make sure I can bare standing around in -20F weather for a couple hours until towing gets there.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The upper end of the market will collapse soon when people start defaulting on their loans
    Shitbox prices will hold steady or continue to rise.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I was just about to make this thread. There is literally nothing decent to buy for ~$5,000. I just need an A2B car. It's just rebuilt titles and neglected garbage.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I just need an A2B car. It's just rebuilt titles
      Do rebuilts really matter for the application though? I contend that it doesn't if the car is otherwise acceptable.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>It's just rebuilt titles and neglected garbage
      Yeah that's an a-b car. Always has been. Just buy a $3k car and do a bunch of maintenance to bring it out of neglect

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

would you like a rolling shell for 25,000?

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Used Teslas are relatively cheap.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *