Used cars in brazil are booming. People usually buy cars from the 90/00s because it is so expensive to buy new

Used cars in brazil are booming. People usually buy cars from the 90/00s because it is so expensive to buy new

Anus Alien Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Anus Alien Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's because in many states you don't need to pay taxes if your car is 15/20 years old

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This is partially true.
    The cheapest brand new car in Brazil cost 50x the minimum wage. Unless you live in a large urban center, you can get half a decent house for this price...
    But maintaining new cars are another factor. Modern cars are literally designed to fall apart in 5 years and became too expensive to repair. This is not a schizo talk, and is not limited to cars, but since cars are such big purchase in a poor country like Brazil, this make total diference.
    Other point to mention is that fuel injection cars and even some german cars with carburettors are as fuel efficient as brand new cars (specially those ultra heavy SUV like cars being pushed in our market).
    Soo, what is the point of buying new, lose 20% of the value the moment you turn the key and then being unable to afford basic maintenance in just half a decade?

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

brazil seems like a fiat and french car country

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Brazilians HATE french cars

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The problem with french cars (specially Peugeot) is that they are made for a market that uses a car for 5 years and then scraps it.
        Many garages straight up refuse to work on french cars because it's hard to get parts and when you can get, they are incredible expensive when compared to VW or Chevrolet parts.
        Not to mention that French cars are made for city use, with European tier of asphalt, not our minefields that make 3 bolt wheels fall off.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Not to mention that French cars are made for city use, with European tier of asphalt, not our minefields that make 3 bolt wheels fall off.
          Not really
          We have dogshit roads here as well and in my 7 years of driving a renault I never had any issues with suspension or anything
          The biggest problems with older french cars are oil leaks and shit electronics

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Renault are the better ones.
            From time to time I still see a twingo smiling to me...

My only complain with Renault is the price of OEM parts. A complete suspension OEM set cost the actual car.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>The problem with french cars (specially Peugeot) is that they are made for a market that uses a car for 5 years and then scraps it.
          lol what ? Well maybe the recent ones but that's true for any brand. You can still see mtf 205 from the 80's precisely because they're sturdy and easy to repair.

>it's hard to get parts and when you can get, they are incredible expensive
          Are you sure we're talking about Peugeot ? Most models within the same decade or more share the same parts.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>You can still see mtf 205 from the 80's precisely
            IN AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE THEY ARE UNBOTHERED. Try owning a Peugeot in Chicago kek. It will have major failures every winter.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Just making clear that I'm not that anon.
            >lol what ? Well maybe the recent ones but that's true for any brand. You can still see mtf 205 from the 80's precisely because they're sturdy and easy to repair.
            The main problem is not even the reliability. From what I could see they break at the same rate as most other cars (KWID being the exception, it's genuinely trash). The real issue is when they do eventually break you gonna have a lot of trouble finding parts here.

>Are you sure we're talking about Peugeot ? Most models within the same decade or more share the same parts.
            I agree with him, all french brands are like this here. Maybe it's a Brazil exclusive problem, but it's real.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Everybody in the Americas with a brain hates French cars

https://i.imgur.com/VecgKWz.png

Nope, french cars here are notorious for being annoying to repair.
        You're right about Fiat though.

they are known for that in every country, but in some places they remain popular cuz i guess theyre a little cheaper

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

They're popular in Iran because Peugeot it's the only brand that never got out even after sanctions.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>they are known for that in every country, but in some places they remain popular cuz i guess theyre a little cheaper
          That's unironically the reason Citroen and Renault no longer sell here, their unreliablity ruined their reputations here and it showed in their sales.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

they are good when they are new. And what you can get for the price in terms of comfort and fuel efficiency is not bad. The issue with the Brazilian market is that a car is not just a thing to take you to place A to place B, but an asset. If you frick over, and you need money for something, you can always sell your car for a decent price depending on the model and year.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yeah, the prices of their cars (new) here are mostly fine, but this bad reputation of being hard to find replacement parts really hurt french brands, so people tend to avoid them here even if a new french car is affordable.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

We used to be a VW dominated country for decades, but after the introduction of a very terrible engine (EA-111), Chevrolet (who sell opel cars here) is dominating with FIAT behind.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They have Chevrolet and VW factories so they drive those mostly. VW Bora/Saveiro and Chevrolet Corsa are a big (20%+) part of the market.
      Especially since those models get parts made here so they can be replaced for cheap.
      The rest is old jap imports and beaters from decades long gone.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Everybody in the Americas with a brain hates French cars

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Nope, french cars here are notorious for being annoying to repair.
      You're right about Fiat though.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

this

brazil seems like a fiat and french car country

Brazil is a SUVslop country now and It's slowly becoming a Chang market, but in general, It's a market dominated by Fiat, VW, Chevy and some others plays their game. Ford used to be very strong here in the past, but now they lost a lot of their market share

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

used cars have boomed everywhere the past 5 years

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Honestly i only drive 2000´s car from Japan,Korea, some german modells are okay.

I drive a 2004 Toyota Camry now and it´s the most reliable car ever in history of mankind. 20k miles no problems. But germans are so braindead mumumumumu i need a 2020 Mercedes AMG63 for 150.000€

Germans are literally BRAIN DEAD. Most people are BRAIN DEAD. There is no reason at all to buy a new car with all that electro SHIT if you can just buy a 20 year old Toyota. Those care are reliable and better for the enviroment.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Status

Most of what humans do is in relation to other people's opinions

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I would like Toyotas more but they're uncomfortable and dull to drive. The newest models are unfortunately not very reliable either. I have a C250 right now but am looking at getting a Genesis or Acura atm.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What are your feelings on the new Integra?

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Good things should not be accessible to the average Brazilian.
    Moto G, Kwaii, Tiktok and Freefire, that's what the average brazilian deserves

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>90's/2000's

You're exagerating, most cars you see on the road are from 2010's and 2020's.
    Unless you're from some northern hellhole where people can barely afford food.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

My father has a fusca from the 60s

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Those are worth 50k+ nowadays.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Not really.
          The really ancient ones with split window and 6v wiring really go for this value, but you can easily get a working one for 4~8k.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

My dad had a '63 blue, he crashed, ironically with another one.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

kek

That and the vans are unironically the only good vehicles VW has ever made

VW was a solid carmaker that build decent car at a fair price.
            You can't compare a golf to a toyota because they are in complete different price tags.
            BTW, don't buy anything "luxury" from them. Is like going to Nigeria for a hearth surgery.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>not really

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Ok I will come to Brazil anon.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Enjoy getting scammed by buying a total shitbox for 100k.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It doesn't matter if it's a shit box because I can sell it to moronic hippy boomer for $30k with a Macco paint job.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Thank you.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

These will all be props on my spy themed commedy/thriller.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>using a collector website to buy car
            Brother, open facebook marketplace and type fusca.
            Using a website created to rob boomers is stupid.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>gratuito
            wtf

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

boomers are too stupid to set price.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They put that as a hint that they want you to call them, place a bid and hague for the price.
            It's always boomers behind shit like this.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Can I sue them?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I don't know. Maybe

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Using a website created to rob boomers is stupid.
            This is unironically true. These moronic boomers want 25 Grand for a 70s Lincoln Continental when some other guy is literally selling one for 7 Grand.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>1970's fusca

Those are still "worthless", the one we're talking are the 60's one, those are the ones boomers are overpaying.

It doesn't matter if it's a shit box because I can sell it to moronic hippy boomer for $30k with a Macco paint job.

It's kind of a market here already, dumb euroids mainly come to buy aircooled VW's, end up paying 10x what they're actually worth and the same to import the parts, which are already pretty expensive and rare.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I said "a working one". Plus, most people can't tell them apart.

>Using a website created to rob boomers is stupid.
            This is unironically true. These moronic boomers want 25 Grand for a 70s Lincoln Continental when some other guy is literally selling one for 7 Grand.

Many such cases.
            I meet one guy who sold crap on those. He went to the department of transit auctions, buy a pile of those junks, and list them for boomers with too much money wanting to restore a piece of shit that spend the last 2 years parked in mud. He even come up with a crazy romantic story about "being found in a barn"...

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

People who buy them can, nobody wants to pay 50k on a 70's model, now a 60's and below, they will.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why are boomers so stupid?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I have this theory that they grew up with TV being the state sponsored source of universal truth, and when computers replace them, they just accept that everything they read is true.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It’s kinda like that but also a reality that people with shit to sell had to keep a reputation in order to keep selling so you could always sorta believe the salesman.
            Now the scammer is called ‘Joao’, he fricks you over and tomorrow he’ll be called ‘Joel’. The cycle repeats until he runs out of names or people to frick over.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Gotta say, I don't know if it's just the background music, but old regime propaganda is quite relaxing to watch.

?si=fxy5mc_TsI_nPshE

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Wild how everyone was so positive about everything. Nowadays I walk in front of a TV and everyone is whining about something.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

There were massive work strikes

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

good point.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

kadett propaganda is also soul as frick

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

First 7 seconds felt like an Initial D edit.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>. It will have major failures every winter.
            Because of cold ? We don't have arctic like winters so I can't really say, I've never seen any car from any brand suffering from cold even in the snow, but we have survivable winters most of the time.

Just making clear that I'm not that anon.
            >lol what ? Well maybe the recent ones but that's true for any brand. You can still see mtf 205 from the 80's precisely because they're sturdy and easy to repair.
            The main problem is not even the reliability. From what I could see they break at the same rate as most other cars (KWID being the exception, it's genuinely trash). The real issue is when they do eventually break you gonna have a lot of trouble finding parts here.

>Are you sure we're talking about Peugeot ? Most models within the same decade or more share the same parts.
            I agree with him, all french brands are like this here. Maybe it's a Brazil exclusive problem, but it's real.

good luck m8.
            [...]
            I was not talking about common maintenance parts, like belts, filters, spark plugs, and stuff you are always replacing.
            The issue comes when you frick something that you don't commonly replace. My friend brother got stuck for 2 days because there was no fuel pump for his car in the region.
            And is not only the OEM parts that are hard to get, but there is no parallel parts.
            Body panels prices are insane high for some reason, it's literally cheaper to repair a BMW than a entry level french car.

Btw, twingo still has a place in my heart.

I assume if the sales are confidential the parts have to be shipped from the other side of the ocean.

I drive a Renault btw (Kangoo from 2005, still alive yay)

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If the car is rare it seems logical that there's no parts available in the country.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

But even manufactures that sell less than the french ones here don't have this stigma of being a pain to maintain.
            We brazilians have absolutely nothing against the french, in fact, we love you. That's just the reality of french cars in Brazil, regardless of the culprit of such problem.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I didn't know Jeep was so popular here. I assume it's people from the countryside buying these?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

A 392 jeep in Brazil sounds comfy

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>countryside
            Nahh, Jeep used to sell a lot of Renegades before people realize it sucked.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're dumb af. There's an absurd amount of people buying this shit to go from the mall to their homes in the richest cities in the country. The same goes to Jeep, the best selling Jeeps here are the Compass, Commander and Renegade. They all suck in the off-road

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

no one in the countryside would get a truck that you absolute can't get parts outside the capitals.
            you can't even find those tires over here...

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I live in the biggest city in the country and I often travel to rural areas of nearby states. I have never seen a single Ram truck in my life. Shut the frick up!

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Then you're fricking blind.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>pickups grandes
            >GRANDES
            No fricking one uses these big ass burger trucks here. 150 sales for the top one for the entire month of april is literally nothing.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Ram was literally the 5th most sold pickup truck (all sizes included) in the country in the first quarter of this year. Jesus Christ, just shut up please.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why are you trying so hard to shill these moronic american trucks?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm not shilling anything, just stating facts. And why are you moving goalposts?
            Also, Rampage is exclusive to the brazilian market and smaller than most american pickup trucks.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's not exclusive to us, it just has been renamed to our market. In the US, Rampage is known as Ram 1200, but it's so dogshit that no one buys it.

https://i.imgur.com/dDflTVT.jpeg

The reckoning day of big ass trucks is coming, you better be ready.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I have a Honda Civic, I don't get the hate for the oversized pickup trucks anyway.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I see them all the time here in São Paulo capital. Mostly middle aged moms buy them.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

nah, countryside folks buy pickup trucks mostly
            rich southroons love to buy jeeops for "offroad challenges"

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Que viadagem kkkkkkkkkkk

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>half of them become bogged down when trying to cross a small puddle
            Rich people are so fricking moronic.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>half of them become bogged down when trying to cross a small puddle
            Rich people are so fricking moronic.

>Put thing that uses electricity and submerge in water
            >Act surprised when it doesn't work anymore

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>We have achieved a high level of maturity in our aerospace activies!
            >1975
            >still launching atmospheric probes
            Yeah, I guess that's impressive compared to what other latrinos were doing, a.k.a. nothing. You just know boomers were saluting and stomping their feet while watching this shit 50 years ago.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Unironically lead in everything when they were young I think.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I don't know

Sick
          Is it well kept? A fusca or kombi, when maintained, is a sick vehicle.

Yes. Well kept and original

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nice, congrats to your dad.
            Mine takes me out of buying a Kombi a few years back when the dollar was cheap. He (a mechanic) said it’d be a headache to maintain and would fail me when I needed it most.
            I wanted to travel through Argentina in it since it was cheap and I was feeling trapped playing house here with a braphog.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Kombis are notorious for combust because the tank is over the air cooled engine. Not the brightest idea...

If you want to travel for cheap, get one of those small Asia vans and convert it. They are incredible fuel efficient (but slow, I think top speed was something like 80km/h)

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That sounds like a nice idea.
            I will look into it.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

good luck m8.

>The problem with french cars (specially Peugeot) is that they are made for a market that uses a car for 5 years and then scraps it.
            lol what ? Well maybe the recent ones but that's true for any brand. You can still see mtf 205 from the 80's precisely because they're sturdy and easy to repair.

>it's hard to get parts and when you can get, they are incredible expensive
            Are you sure we're talking about Peugeot ? Most models within the same decade or more share the same parts.

I was not talking about common maintenance parts, like belts, filters, spark plugs, and stuff you are always replacing.
            The issue comes when you frick something that you don't commonly replace. My friend brother got stuck for 2 days because there was no fuel pump for his car in the region.
            And is not only the OEM parts that are hard to get, but there is no parallel parts.
            Body panels prices are insane high for some reason, it's literally cheaper to repair a BMW than a entry level french car.

Btw, twingo still has a place in my heart.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Sick
        Is it well kept? A fusca or kombi, when maintained, is a sick vehicle.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That and the vans are unironically the only good vehicles VW has ever made

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

SENHOOOR IT'S THE NORTHERNERS SENHOOOR

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Thread about cars turns into age discrimination frenzy

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

As it should.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

We also drive old cars... maybe not 90s old but still. The average cost of a new car has gone up almost 10k in the past decade, while the average price of an used car (~13 year old) has stayed the same. It's a silly decision to buy new car in this country.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Cascavel?

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The average Brazilian sees this as the pinnacle of the current car market

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No, they sell well because stablished brands literally scam people by selling 1.0L hatches for 100+k.
      Then BYD/Haval offers SUV's that are much better for around the same price, the frick did you expect?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No, any car that pretends to be taller and comes with a basic package of technology and interior trim sells much more in Brazil. No wonder manufacturers are already looking to replace these hatchbacks with crossovers, which will be sold as compact SUVs

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The frick you're talking about?
          I'm talking about how stablished brands likes to sell trash like HB20 for 100k+ and then they go cry to the government how a chink brand is selling a premium sedan with far more comfort and tecnology for the same price.

Renault literally slashed 100k R$ off their Zoe when BYD Dolphin started selling like hotcakes here.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Chink brand
            >Premium
            >Mentions the Chink Honda Fit with leather and rotating screen, that the basic price is comparable to a Corolla
            You're braindead at least.

no one in the countryside would get a truck that you absolute can't get parts outside the capitals.
            you can't even find those tires over here...

This is literally the customer base that the brand itself targets and succeeds in reaching. After all, I don't know if you know this, but the agricultural sector is the most important for Brazil's GDP and there are a lot of millionaires living in the countryside.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>but the agricultural sector is the most important for Brazil's GDP
            yes. by far
            >there are a lot of millionaires living in the countryside
            not really. the people actualy make money are people that own farms bigger than some european states. those are living comfortable in some nice place while their workers work the land.
            The small farmer in Brazil barely make a living.

Living in the countryside is really borring if you have a ton of money and no place to use.
            I have parents in Mato Grosso and from their farmer to the closest city (Sinop) was 3 hours of earth roads that you can't drive in the summer because it's the rainy season.

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Cubans drive around with 60s/70s cars.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

How good are Brazilian roads?

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

interesting. we have no-one to sell old cars to as mainland wants LHD and boomers keep buying new ones so the value of old cars falls off a cliff after 10-15 years such that newer cars are usually cheaper to run as they break less and aren't as rusty.

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Here's the country's favorite deathbox, Uno, this is the third facelift from 2004 I think.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *