>used Hondas are the same as used Alfas

>used Hondas are the same as used Alfas
Arent Alfa Romeos supposed to be luxury cars?
Why are they the same price as regular ol' Hondas with the same miles?

CRIME Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

because hondas are the best econo boxes and alfas are some of the worst luxo boxes. the prices tend to meet around there. maserati's are also similarly cheap when used

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Because the heckin maintenance costs don’t change!

So if Alfas are overpriced expensive to maintain shit why do people buy em?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

some alfas look pretty cool, but most of the sales are upper middle class white women buying the crossover, or lower middle class dudes trying to appear wealthy.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

USAians get (hopefully) nignog proof shite.
          If you can't Alfa for shit then you get less groovy or no Alfas.
          If you frick up then they will pull the plug again.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

My lesbo neighbor bought her base model Giulia
          off Vroom for $30k during covid. She works at Staples as an assistant mgr. She regrets it every time I talk to her about it. It's practically worthless now, and repairs are all out of pocket since she didn't get any kind of warranty beyond 30 days with Vroom. They take her wife's 2016 Accord on vacation trips. The Alfa is too risky to take.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I've had mine (a 2018 AWD) since 2019, with almost no problems. I had the rain sensor fail, which was under warrantee, and the stop start failed on me during covid when I didn't drive it for a few weeks and the battery went too low, which was kind of my fault for going kinda hikki. I disabled the stop start in 3 minutes, and haven't had any problems since.
            >she didn't get any kind of warranty beyond 30 days
            On a $30k purchase? She deserved it for being moronic.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Alfa barely sells any cars compared to other premiums. BMW/Merc/Audi each outsells it ten to one.

> Why
        Alfa has soul. Giulia was the best looking car in the world in 2016 and quadrifoglia had a Ferrari engine.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

There are three types of people on this world.
          Ones that own an Alfa.
          Ones that used to own an Alfa.
          Ones that have no idea the arguement they have walked into.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

When it coems to Alfa. The only cars I care about is the Gulia and 4c. I'd probably never own a 4c, but I'd be open to owning a Gulia.
        And if I were to choose between a Gulia and a Type R. I'd pick the Gulia any day of the week.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Because a giulia will smoke literally any honda? Doesn't even need to be a QV giulia too, 4-cylinderlet 280hp version will do the job too

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Nobody buys them in North America. Probably because they look like Kia's and they're unreliable and underperforming pieces of shit.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

nobody buys them in north america because nobody knows what the frick they are. alfa isn't a household name here and they did 0 advertising. same issue happened with fiat and the 124 spider which was better than the nd1 miata in every way

theyre no more unreliable then any generic car after the 2018 model year

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Because they're beautiful. You're not a revhead until you've owned an Alfa.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Because people who can afford Alfas are getting a new car before they become overly expensive to own.
        Expensive luxury cars are reliable for the first 2-3 years of ownership, then after that they start to give headaches. That's when they're offloaded to poors who thinks they're getting a good deal then realize they can't afford the oil changes.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because the heckin maintenance costs don’t change!

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Maintenance and repair costs are factored in. Otherwise they would cost 50% more.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Maintenance and repair costs are factored in. Otherwise they would cost 50% more.

gasoline alfas are some of the most unreliable pieces of shit known to man
      the jtdm diesels get a pass, and that's coming from someone that absolutely hates diesels and had the worst experiences with them
      honders and other nippon shitboxes are extremely expensive due to the lack of spare parts here in europe and the scarcity, you cannot find used parts for japanese cars and the new parts have to get shipped from japan which makes them extremely expensive to fix
      also old german cars are still very reliable

>gasoline alfas are some of the most unreliable pieces of shit known to man

Pretty sure that reputation is just from back in the day before 95 when they pulled out of the USA. Since they came back in 2017 they've been owned by Stellantis and share parts with Chryslers. I'm sure they aren't the most reliable, but I see plenty for sale with over 100k miles so they really can't be that bad.

Thankfully most normies think they are scary and unreliable so the price goes down to degenerates like me can buy them

I've owned an 18 Ti Giulia, a 21 Ti Giulia (Both AWD), a 2022 Stelvio QV, and just recently purchased a 2024 Giulia QV. I now own both the QVs at the same time.

All 4 came with the steering wheel off center from the factory. The 2018 was purchased used in 2020. On day 2 of ownership the sunroof motor broke in the open position, covered under warranty but took a month to get back. The 2021 had a dead seat side bolster pump from the factory the day I bought it brand new. The 2021 radio would reset sometimes and require a key cycle to reset.

The 2022 stelvio has been flawless mechanically other than the alignment issue. The sunshade for the sunroof rattles at the front when it is closed all the way. Most people won't even be able to hear it, but I can and I just keep it open. The Stelvio needed the rear tires replaced after only 5000 miles, kind of insane how bad the tread wear is. The 2018 tires lasted around 19k miles before needing replacement.

I'm a CDJR tech, so I do all the work myself unless I need to get something covered under warranty since we can't process alfa claims at my shop.

To be frank here, the Giulia, and even the Stelvio, are some of the best driver's cars on the market. I cannot express how much fun even the base 2.0L is to drive. With a tune they're making ~330 HP, which is plenty. The 2.9L is an absolutely different beast entirely and I've never driven another vehicle like it.

If you can buy a ~3 year old upper model Giulia fricking do it. You will not be disappointed. Spend the extra $2-3k for the factory extended warranty if you're worried about it.

AVOID the 2017/2018, and honestly you should only look at the 2020 and newer models as just about every issue was resolved by then. The 2017s were plagued with electrical gremlins.

I honestly cannot recommend either a Giulia or Stelvio if you need an SUV enough. Nothing even remotely comes close to their driving characteristics in their price bracket when buying used.

They're also sexy.

I've owned an 18 Ti Giulia, a 21 Ti Giulia (Both AWD), a 2022 Stelvio QV, and just recently purchased a 2024 Giulia QV. I now own both the QVs at the same time.

All 4 came with the steering wheel off center from the factory. The 2018 was purchased used in 2020. On day 2 of ownership the sunroof motor broke in the open position, covered under warranty but took a month to get back. The 2021 had a dead seat side bolster pump from the factory the day I bought it brand new. The 2021 radio would reset sometimes and require a key cycle to reset.

The 2022 stelvio has been flawless mechanically other than the alignment issue. The sunshade for the sunroof rattles at the front when it is closed all the way. Most people won't even be able to hear it, but I can and I just keep it open. The Stelvio needed the rear tires replaced after only 5000 miles, kind of insane how bad the tread wear is. The 2018 tires lasted around 19k miles before needing replacement.

I'm a CDJR tech, so I do all the work myself unless I need to get something covered under warranty since we can't process alfa claims at my shop.

To be frank here, the Giulia, and even the Stelvio, are some of the best driver's cars on the market. I cannot express how much fun even the base 2.0L is to drive. With a tune they're making ~330 HP, which is plenty. The 2.9L is an absolutely different beast entirely and I've never driven another vehicle like it.

If you can buy a ~3 year old upper model Giulia fricking do it. You will not be disappointed. Spend the extra $2-3k for the factory extended warranty if you're worried about it.

AVOID the 2017/2018, and honestly you should only look at the 2020 and newer models as just about every issue was resolved by then. The 2017s were plagued with electrical gremlins.

I honestly cannot recommend either a Giulia or Stelvio if you need an SUV enough. Nothing even remotely comes close to their driving characteristics in their price bracket when buying used.

They're also sexy.

Thanks anon, I'm heavily considering a Giulia, but I'm also really looking at a Lincoln MKZ with the 3 liter turbo that makes 400hp. They both go for about the same on the used market. I think the Giulia looks better, but 400hp for the same price seems like a steal. Then again, if you can really get 330hp+ from a tune on the giulia, that might be the way to go

nobody buys them in north america because nobody knows what the frick they are. alfa isn't a household name here and they did 0 advertising. same issue happened with fiat and the 124 spider which was better than the nd1 miata in every way

theyre no more unreliable then any generic car after the 2018 model year

they're fairly common in my midwest city but we do have multiple alfa romeo dealerships for some reason

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The ford is going to be roughly 30-40% Chinese parts so it’s up to you if you’d rather go down that route. The Alfas handling is absolutely ridiculously refined.

The giulia was built as a QV first then downgraded to make the base model so even the base ones drive insanely well. Most manufacturers go the other way with designing a base commuter shitbox then adding race bits ontop

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

330 is about the upper end on the 2.0, but you’re also looking at ~380 ftlb of torque to go along with it

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Pretty sure that reputation is just from back in the day
        About that... Even the auto journalists who weren't spending their own money and constantly wax poetic about Alfas couldn't put up with how shit the quality was on their demo car.
        https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a23145269/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-reliability-update/

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

That was a 2018 model. You need to look at the 2020+ newer versions. They dramatically upped the interior and mechanical quality in 2020. The QV especially went from solely direct injector to dual injection which solved it's one major issue; carbon buildup.

I'll say it again, do not buy a 2017 or 2018. 2019's are fine mechanically, but you really should be aiming for 2020 and newer.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

boomers still think their honders are worth 15k, and other boomers pay that price
    alfa alphas dont view cars as investments

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

gasoline alfas are some of the most unreliable pieces of shit known to man
    the jtdm diesels get a pass, and that's coming from someone that absolutely hates diesels and had the worst experiences with them
    honders and other nippon shitboxes are extremely expensive due to the lack of spare parts here in europe and the scarcity, you cannot find used parts for japanese cars and the new parts have to get shipped from japan which makes them extremely expensive to fix
    also old german cars are still very reliable

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Why are they the same price as regular ol' Hondas with the same miles?
    cause half of the buying audience is fat women
    and other half does what first half says

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Honda sells the Civic with a 988cc 3 cylinder
    fricking disgusting

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They're also sexy.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Also spend the 60$ on a stop start eliminator dongle if you can't remember to press the button every time you get it. S/S kills the batteries incredibly fast in every FCA product and should never be used. A big part of the electrical gremlins people associate with alfa are literally due to their battery just dying from excessive start stop use

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

fwiw my dad has an '18 Giulia Lusso and it's been pretty trouble-free. The only notable thing that's gone bad was a fuel pump, but it happened with a tank of gas that was several months old (covid lockdown and we were using my car for what little driving we did) so that may have been what killed it. Otherwise it's been a great car, but I realize that's just one example and maybe we got lucky.

[...]
      So if Alfas are overpriced expensive to maintain shit why do people buy em?

My dad got his because they were selling so badly that dealers were doing stupid deals on them, he paid 35k for a car with a sticker of about 52k, and he always wanted to try an Italian car.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Arent Alfa Romeos supposed to be luxury cars?
    no they suck lmao

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>dude journalists
    kys seriously
    you've spiritually become a divorced wine aunt

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Kek, the frick is a Alfa Romeo and why would you buy this piece of shit over a truck or a real car?

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Have a 2018 Giulia with sport package (flappy paddle, bucket seats, revolver wheels), but no limited slip, no sunroof, or adjustable dampers. Bought at 16k now at 42k. No issues besides a faulty evap canister I don't feel like money to replace, I just clear the CEL when it pops up every now and then.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If an expensive car depreciates down to economy car prices, it's because it's expensive to maintain/repair(and the repairs will be coming sooner rather than later)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *