Van update

Hey guys,
Im down another 2k from moving the van around, storage etc.

Engine is back to the builder and is being checked as we speak. The guy who ripped off 4k ran my 351 Windsor without cooling and they check if the casket seals were damaged or not.

Im sending the van carcass to the engine builder and he will install the engine completely (fuel lines, cooling etc) for 2.5k.

I still need to negotiate the install of the Airlock kit, disk brake kit, the brake booster+cylinder, exhaust tubing, wiring, add a 38 gallon tank for petrol and reuse the 22 gallon tank for the diesel heater.

After that i will raptor liner the entire van my self and put on chunky tires and wheels on it.

I would like to also add a wide rugged 4x4 bodykit on it (especially fenders) before raptor lining it.

Any ideas or suggestions?

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I was just wondering what you were up to thenother day. You really should start doing your own work

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Hey man, im working full time. I cant.

Any idea what kind of roof rack i could fit?

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

holy shit bro, i was recently thinking about you. its been like 3 years since i last seen you. qrd
    christ, youre in deep. jesus.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Holy frick. Everyone told you the entire plan was retarted, but you refused to listen. Now you're in way too deep with this piece of shit. You could've bought a way nicer and more reliable van for less money. Still not convinced this isn't an elaborate troll.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Still not convinced this isn't an elaborate troll.
      +1
      I totally forgot about this guy.
      Atleast catstang was doing his monstrosity himself.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

post more updates op. i am very interested in this build.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I'm installing the windows next, raptor lining the whole thing.
      Then sending it to the garage to install the air lock system (air locker diff and pump), they install the engine, fuel lines, exhaust system, disk brake kits and put on either humvee wheels or hutchinson wheels on it.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>locker
        >humvee wheels
        homie it's not even 4wd. Why didn't you spend your money on a 4x4 conversion if you want an offroad van?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I know its not 4wd. The closest i can get to 4wd is by spending 1000 bucks on an air locker kit . 4x4 conversion would cost me a bomb. A Yukon air locker kit is the best bang for the buck for the off-roading i'm planing to do. Which is driving on a beach and light off roading.

Why not just buy one that's already good if you're not going to DIY?

I would argue i'm getting a better deal this way.
          Vehicle cost me 2000, windscreen plus installing it 1000.
          Engine 7000 + complete CVF belt kit 1500,
          Thats 11.500 total.
          lost 5k on a guy who try to sell my engine behind my back instead of installing it, painting it etc he tried to convince me to trade him the engine since he said it would not fit in and wanted to give me a shitty old, rusty 302 instead.

Thats 16.500 total including idiot tax.

Now the new install + fuel lines and attachment of cooling etc is 2500.
          Installing the disk brake kit + brake booster, brake cylinder etc another 1500 in labour.

thats 20.500 total.

Brake kit it self + brake booster, cylinder etc 1500. Air locker + pumps 1500.
          Exhaust system + welding 1000 and helping me paint it 1000. Wheels and tyres are 1500 each 6000 total. 5000 + 6000 = 11.000

31.500 total.

4 ultra big windows that have mosquito nets and blinds included etc are 2000 total.
          Raptor liner 40 bottles + pistol kit are 1000 bucks.
          38 gallon fuel tank 500, 2x Procar ralley smoothback series 1000S XL leather seats 1000 total, Drag link/ steering arm/ tie rold linkages, steering column, steering box, steering rack, steering gerabox total 1500. 6000 extra.

37.500 total for a Van with 350 HP and 390 lb-ft that is basically brand spanking new because only the block was re-manufactured and i can easily put on 1 million miles on it, 38 gallon tank, 22 gallon diesel tank, 2 independent redundant diesel heaters, AC, Battery system, bed, computers, starlink.

All functional parts are brand spanking new. Its bascially a brand new vehicle with old school specs, hot rod musscle car engine and build like a train.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm putting in 40.000.
            Thats half the price of a fricking mercedes sprinter!!! And its a QUARTER the price of a 4x4 sprinter.

Plus i got brand spanking new 350 HP!!! engine that sounds like the devil and enough torque to move a 747 Jumbo!
            Air locker so i can drive off road, disk brakes, brand new seats, awesome windows and giant wheels and tyres, brand new steering assembly, brand new dashboard.

Its basically a brand new van without the sensor crap that all the modern vans have.
            All vans have a 2.4l eco shit engine, no air-locker etc.

Please i mean it, explain to me how this is not hacking the system and getting a deal that otherwise nobody else could get.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>getting a deal that otherwise nobody else could get.
            I know you're not in the US, but I still think you could've bought a comparable van for much cheaper.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Greased Geese

>edlebrock
            dropkick that shit into a vat of acid.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

1000 dolloridoos for a windscreen?
            what trans are you using?
            and where are you located again?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

TCI Streetfighter C6 3 gear troony

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

i like you build, been following it from the start
            >inb4 the haters descend.
            DAers can only think with their wallet, and their skillset. autism prevents placing yourself in others shoes.
            ignore them
            but do realize what a sunk cost fallacy is. i know that in your part of the world shit is expensive, and you're paying labor for this. I hope you have a full plan.
            got any before and after pics?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I mean listen your idea is moronic but you seriously can’t count that $5k from that idiot messing with your engine against your budget. It seems to make sense i just don’t want to be bothered with this shit anymore frick me

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>that is basically brand spanking new
            lol, lmao even

5. 2 months ago
    s10fag

Thanks, needed a good laugh.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why not just buy one that's already good if you're not going to DIY?

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Any ideas or suggestions?
    yeah, sell it and buy a chevy!

sent from samsung galaxy s5 via Tapatalk

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Don't put a roof rack on it, it will look like shit. It has clean lines, don't frick it up with overlander style bullshit.

10. 2 months ago
    Greased Geese

>letting someone touch your engine aside from boring it over
    >letting someone work on your vehicle
    >air lockers and not a minispool
    >any suggestions
    I suggest you stop burning money.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>air lockers and not a minispool
      homie is in yurop. Probably not the best for navigating tight city streets.

• 2 months ago
        Greased Geese

he probably wouldn't feel it with MTs.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/ynsfdHb.png

>edlebrock
      dropkick that shit into a vat of acid.

he probably wouldn't feel it with MTs.

[...]
      >Isnt a minispool a more expensive version of welding your locker?
      they usually never cost more than 180 bucks and the thing is if you absolutely can't stand it you can still put your spider gears back in.

Lmao STFU and go newbie

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Mindbroken

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why don't you just finance a Honda Odyssey

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I would like to be able to stand in my vehicle and my vehicle should run without any sensors.

Modern cars are riddled with sensors that break and then you need to hook up a diagnostic tool and overwrite a digital fuse or replace the sensor. Its basically micro transactions and a in-car-store, where you buy more miles before the next error.

The 1 wire 351 Windsor setup is a dinosaur that will run for 1 Million miles before needing serious work on it.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Unlike your 50 year old van which doesn't break.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

MT = mud terrains. Air lockers always have maintenance issues but they're still better than a spool. The van will do pretty good with a locker/ aired down and good tires.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

What do you estimate my fuel consumption is?
      The 351 Windsor is re manufactured, all parts on it are brand new besides the block which was honed etc.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Idk, this anon

I would like to be able to stand in my vehicle and my vehicle should run without any sensors.

Modern cars are riddled with sensors that break and then you need to hook up a diagnostic tool and overwrite a digital fuse or replace the sensor. Its basically micro transactions and a in-car-store, where you buy more miles before the next error.

The 1 wire 351 Windsor setup is a dinosaur that will run for 1 Million miles before needing serious work on it.

sounds like he knows them pretty well.
        Just guessing at 8 mpg in burger units if you're not loaded too heavy and don't have MTs plus heavy ass beadlocks. Light(er) wheels and tires make a big difference.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Hurrdurr I'm a tard, I see that was your post I linked. Anyways I hope you get 10 mpg or better. Somebody here will know what it should do.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Any advice regarding a rugged roof rack that would fit the height of the high top?

13. 2 months ago
    Greased Geese

[...]

>Isnt a minispool a more expensive version of welding your locker?
    they usually never cost more than 180 bucks and the thing is if you absolutely can't stand it you can still put your spider gears back in.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

This image was posted two years ago and the water stain in front of the van is the same.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It's a long elaborate troll. I don't know why people are still engaging him.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Its not tho. I can prove it too.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I have to projects at the same time.
          I also posted the second one but people don’t know i own both.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

What proof do you guys want me to show?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Sharpie in pooper

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Is that really your econo anon?
    I'd kill for one.
    Question.
    What brand of tires are those?
    They're kinda cool.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

This long running troll series would be more believable if you didn't just post the exact same single picture for the last several years. Frickin get some more pictures bro. But you can't, because that isn't your van, never was.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

Don't use a roof rack, get a trailer hitch box. It will save you a lot of money on gas.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *