>want to buy a truck and be a truckold. >under $30k, 4x4, non-turbo engine, 4 door extended cab, under 125k miles

>want to buy a truck and be a truckold
>under $30k, 4x4, non-turbo engine, 4 door extended cab, under 125k miles
>research whatever generations of common trucks fall under this criteria
>12th gen f150, 3rd gen silverado, 2nd gen canyon, 2nd gen frontier, 4th gen ram 1500, etc.
>all have "common problems" in one way or another
>shoddy electronics,cam lifter failure, transmission failure, torque converter failure, cracked exhaust manifolds, premature frame rust, etc.
are literally all modern trucks massive pieces of shit or am i just being autistic?

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

Anus Alien Shirt $21.68

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why does it have to be 4x4, just curious

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

does better in snow. buying a rwd truck seems moronic.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Entirely depends on where you live that 4x4 can either seem desirable or a useless marketing meme

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I've been looking for a truck or a truck based SUV but it's pretty bleak out there. I've pretty much got it narrowed down to finding a clean GMT800 2500 or leasing something new. All the newer GM's are garbage. I would never touch a Ford or a Ram and the last of the V8 Tundras are too expensive and too thirsty.

4X2 trucks have shit resale values and why would you cuck yourself out of 4hi launches?

Just buy a 5.0 in a trim with minimal gizmos.
          It will run forever.

Until the oil pump belt snaps.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Coyotes in the 12th gens are primarily based on modular engines and the oil pumps have always been gear driven.

They may have changed it in the 2020s though.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

today's 4x4 get close to same MPGs as 2x4, and handle OK as well.

if you got a reg-cab long bed 2x4 and go off road unloaded you better have a winch or other shit

worst is big open field with hidden soft wet spot, and not a tree for a mile around.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>does better in snow
        stupid meme

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You don't live somewhere with real winters or real terrain.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

you're a massive moron. most common way to get stuck in the snow, if you aren't a moron driving too fast for weather conditions, occurs when you're forced to stop on a hill. 4x4 is at an advantage in such scenarios.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

it also allows you to drive that much slower since you're less likely to get stuck. 2wd you may find yourself having to accelerate to a higher speed to make it up that next hill

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

i would not buy a 4x4 unless i intended to recreationally offroad or had stupid dofficult places to go regularly.
        snow doesnt count

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>snow doesnt count
          ???????????

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If I were you I'd try to find a DOD deleted GMT 2500, maybe cammed or whatever. Toyotas are expensive, Dodge, Ford and Nissan are shit.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just find whatever brand that has a good deal for you and go for it. Most common issues are generally pretty rare, but are multiplied on the internet as millions examples are out there. And if you know the issue can occur then you know symptoms and can get it done before it gets too bad and wrecks shit. Only words I have is stay away from jap trucks as they are meme machines.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The least rusty GMT800 you can find or a 4th gen Ram. If Ram, be prepared to seal 3-4 potential points of water ingress on the back of the cab but that's the only 'common problem' with them and it takes <$50 and one afternoon to fix.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I would recommend frontier since they’re cheap and I’ve never had any major issues with mine but I understand the hesitation people have about them, especially regarding the strawberry milkshake

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

apparently strawberry milkshake can be fixed entirely (assuming you catch it early) with an aftermarket heat exchanger, so not a huge deal. OTHER THAN THAT, do 2nd gen frontiers have any glaring problems?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Strawberry milkshake of death ended in 2008. It was because the radiators were faulty. Frontier is a pretty decent pickup truck.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just buy a 5.0 in a trim with minimal gizmos.
    It will run forever.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Be OP
    >Ownership of truck associated with sexual fetish
    >List of requirements other men made + the amount he can "afford" on his lifestyle accessory
    >Googles X problems
    >AI searched every single post ever made since the creation of the internet with people talking about issues theyve had with their vehicle + articles listing them all to generate traffic + ads selling you a fix X service
    >Wow everything is shit isnt it?

Yes it is. It's shit people like you exist. It's shit morons have to have the absolute best infallible shit ever made or otherwise they wasted their money. It's shit people with no experience or interest in mechanics get to spam their shit opinions all over the Internet.

But here we are.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i'm more interested in driving a vehicle than fixing it because of moronic design flaws. in fact, i shouldn't have to fix any design flaws when i'm paying $30k. does that make sense?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>i'm more interested in driving a vehicle than fixing it because of moronic design flaws. in fact, i shouldn't have to fix any design flaws when i'm paying $30k. does that make sense?

It makes sense, assuming you're OP. $30k is a pretty big chunk of money, but in the grand scheme isn't very much money. Thats Ford Maverick territory for new, and a slew of half-ton trucks in the 100k mile range. Trucks are generally not used very hard but have an Achilles heel, or they're abused until the wheels are nearly falling off.

All cars have flaws. They always have and always will. Doesn't matter the make or model, driver, and sometimes even maintenance cannot prevent fatal flaws. Thats just the nature of the beast when you have 30,000 parts cobble together by some room-temp UAW worker, juan in mexico, or by anyone else around the world. Sounds like you've been doing your research and I understand you don't want to work on the truck, you're just going to have to because of how complex trucks are. Even if you got a 1950's truck, those have common issues while being incredibly simpler vehicles overall. You must work on those yourself. Newer ones have so many safety, emissions, efficiency, and electrical systems its inevitable there will be problems. Thats just part of life and how complex these machines are now, if you don't like that ride the bus and let the city pay for repairs.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>are literally all modern trucks massive pieces of shit
    Yes and you're a moronic homosexual for wanting one

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

just buy older, anon. as in, if it has fuel injection, its too new.
    wrench on it as necessary, add sound insulation in the cabin, paste it in rust converter everywhere, done.
    repeat as necessary every few years.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>all have "common problems"
    only if you get your information from r*ddit. those homosexuals are just looking for something to b***h about. if they were such pieces of shit you wouldn't see so many of them on the road.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

A truck that you don’t need is probably the biggest waste of money. These fricking things are junk or too expensive. If you own a business, you can write it off, but otherwise, it makes no sense.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *