WARNING Epic 2 stroke?

Boats , atvs , lawnmowers, even a margarita maker machine.
> sunday morning at the dock
>dad
Key on in ignition *beep wytatata vroom ping ping ping ping ping ping plop plop plop plop.
>dad
Throttle her down jimmy shes all warmed up
>me push throttle vraam vraaam vraaam

I can see the fuel gauge go down to half a tank kek.

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

Man-made Horrors Shirt $21.68

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Oh man This is why two stroke outboards are no longer made ,
    Rip johnson/ Evinrude.

?si=wOHYnvcT-blqZ-nb

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/nfvFt2B.jpeg

Boats , atvs , lawnmowers, even a margarita maker machine.
      > sunday morning at the dock
      >dad
      Key on in ignition *beep wytatata vroom ping ping ping ping ping ping plop plop plop plop.
      >dad
      Throttle her down jimmy shes all warmed up
      >me push throttle vraam vraaam vraaam

I can see the fuel gauge go down to half a tank kek.

Yeah...real good motors. Too bad they are no longer in business. NO MORE OMC, JOHNSON, GALE ETC... ADIOS

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Yea I hate to break it to you but the V8 was garbage.
        Heavy ate fuel like it was a Arab prince and in general had bad balance on the small boats it would need to chase big numbers. Oh and it was made poorly and had closed exhaust deck so big mods came hard.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>Heavy.
          Heavy isn't an argument because it's still lighter than the lightest stock modern 300 four-stroke.
          >ate fuel.
          Complaining about the fuel economy of a 2 stroke is a weird angle.....but okay.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

world outboard speed record. 176 mph. they ran a modded evinrude v8
            400 f1 engine.

No clue on what those weapons are capable of.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You will spend what a used optimax cost in fuel consumption, have short run range, have a super high C.G. to contend with, chase parts for repairs when needed, BUT-it will sound and look cool.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

550lbs is actually pretty

Yea I hate to break it to you but the V8 was garbage.
            Heavy ate fuel like it was a Arab prince and in general had bad balance on the small boats it would need to chase big numbers. Oh and it was made poorly and had closed exhaust deck so big mods came hard.

darn light for a V8. But weight is weight. i always liked the 3.0 merc carbed motors, but good luck finding a good one in 20'' now. if going with OMC a 3 liter v6 is hard to beat, especially with the digital pack and timer upgrade. starts instantly like a car after that.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

OMC v8 set the world outboard speed record, and in 1980-1995 wiped the floor with every single Merc

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

There's no gas station at sea... So it seems a bit useless to me. It is impressive yes, but if you run out of fuel, in the middle of nowhere..? You can't push swimming it. You can't walk some dozens of meters with a can of fuel, in order to supply it. In the sea, you need something with high fuel range...

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I agree as someone who used the v8 outboards for actual ocean use on a sport fisher boat and not just a speed boat shooting across a lake, I have to say big Evinrudes were junk.
            They drank fuel like crazy and broke down constantly.
            That's why Yamaha came in and ate their lunch.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The v8 is just a boat anchor, if your going with OMC ,a 3 liter v6 is hard to beat, especially with the digital pack and timer upgrade. starts instantly like a car after that.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

If I recall - it's as if they slammed (2) looper V4 motor blocks on top of each other. Fuel thirsty for the 300hp rating and back in the day this was really pushing it on reliability with carbs and keeping them synced. Ive seen dozens of them at a marina scrap yard.

https://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?322222-Evinrude-300xp-info-needed

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I work as at a boat mechanic shop/dealership for 20 years everything you said is true sadly it never lasted long for very obvious reasons. High fuel consumption and it had bad carbs that just couldn’t even be synced with the motor.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

And OMC went bankrupt due to trying to successfully build a two stroke engine to meet EPA requirements.
        This is why two stroke outboard are no longer made.

https://i.imgur.com/eTEK0rF.jpeg

Oh man This is why two stroke outboards are no longer made ,
        Rip johnson/ Evinrude.

?si=wOHYnvcT-blqZ-nb

>Oh man This is why two stroke outboards are no longer made ,

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Wow my thread got fricking derailed:(

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I have no interest in boats but do like reading the thread interesting engines.... tbh

My old craftsman weed wacker

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
  4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I feel like this thing needs to be dropped into a Honda Civic. It's the natural evolution for anyone who ever had a Yamaha Blaster or Banshee.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Looking for jet skis for the summer.

Should I buy a Seadoo (Rotax) 2 stroke or a Yamaha 2 stroke?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Rotax hands down , but yamaha makes the best hulls in the game.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *