Was Rover ever good or are the Brits just lying?

Was Rover ever good or are the Brits just lying?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

P5 was good
    P6 and SD1 was shit but also good
    Honda Rovers are ok Tomcats are cool

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They were only good when they sold rebadged Hondas

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Rover V8

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It doesn't exist. It's an American designed Buick v8

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Yeah, you couldn't figure it out and the Brits bought it off you for pennies on the dollar, did their own modifications and since it's been in every Range Rover up until 2004.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

yeah bc Americans were to moronic to realize that aluminum acts different than cast iron

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Yeah, you couldn't figure it out
            sly homosexual, if it was so good then why did you pair it to fuel injection that breaks all the god damn time

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

We sold you our one of our worst designs. But your own designs were so crap that you considered it a marvel lol.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>you couldn't figure it out
            Also it was tiny and didn’t make much power but that’s probably fine for you lot

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

… which came from an even older bmw design. In any case rover did really well with it.

P5 was good
          P6 and SD1 was shit but also good
          Honda Rovers are ok Tomcats are cool

Tomcats are cool when they work. Nightmare to work on and the gearboxes are made of glass. Had one in about 2010 in nz. Was guna kill myself in it cuz I kept racing people lol.
          It was a cool car to have straight outta high school but unfortunately parts don’t exist. They are a rarity on the road now.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>which came from an even older bmw design.
            I read this in an old BMW magazine years ago, supposedly Americans stole the design as war reparations. Could never find any further evidence except that magazine, source on your information?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

His ass, it's an aluminum version of the preexisting V8.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The Buick V8 was much newer than WWII, no Krauts involved. Good engines too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover_V8_engine

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

This just proves how useless British design is. You consider a decades old German design a marvel of engineering.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

British designers used to be brilliant actually. That's why they invented so many things. Very creative people. The problem is they lacked the money to refine the designs, or to build things properly. Either they had to deal government meddling, or capitalists who preferred to extract money and live it up rather than reinvest. British management was also awful compared to other advanced economies.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

^This and the entire industry while very good at paint, plating and the pretty bits bitterly resented quality and squandered their early advantage in the sports car market.

The best classic British sports car isn't British, it's the Miata which is what a reliable vehicle looks like. When there were enough on the roads to have a reputation British vehicles earned their awful rep in the US. Fiat were worse but that's abyssal.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

They were brilliant only when they stole German technology after ww2

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Rolls Royce has been king for 100 years

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Rolls royce is German

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That's why the quality has dropped

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The quality was always dropped. Brits are world renowned for poor quality and unreliability. That's why their motor industry is almost not existent

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The motor industry is almost non existant because our lovely government decided to make a conglomeration out of competing companies.
            Essentially they made a Soviet shit show out of a perfectly good industry in the same way they destroyed aviation.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Conglomerates are fine. VW figured it out. Brits just suck at business.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Rolls Royce established themselves as the best car in the world when they were British.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Wrong. They went bankrupt because they were trash

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

yeah

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Holy shit I never knew they rebadged teggys

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

They also sold 200 series rovers rebadged as Hondas in some euro markets, apparently that was easier than putting a diesel in an integra

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>make cars
    >logo is a boat

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Rover
      >Lada
      any others?

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yeah good at different times. The p6 and SD1 were legit good especially compared to what came out of leyland and the turbos in the 90s were probably the fastest cars you could get in that price range. My dad had an 820 16v, which he reckons was the fastest car he ever owned, and he's had transams and supras,

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I, too, watch Jason Cammisa

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

watch Intergalactic Binman's video on them and you'll see they had some shining moments and had SO MUCH potential if it wasn't for British Leyland as every mistake in the Bri'ish auto industry leads back to BL, that and Lucas Electrics spaghetti wiring.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Intergalactic Binman
      >DUDE TORIES BAD

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

objectively true tho

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Not for the reason you think.

https://i.imgur.com/w4EpJjZ.jpg

>call your car conglomerate "british leyland" instead of "rover"

Because Rover was just a subsidiary, and not even a particularly popular one. BL was formed from the merger of BMC (itself the result of a merger of Jaguar, Morris [an umbrella marque for Morris, Nuffield, MG, Riley, and Wolseley cars] and Austin, and Leyland Motors [a conglomerate composed of Leyland lorries, the former Triumph-Standard, and Rover/Land Rover/Alvis]).

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Formatted that wrong.
            BL = BMC + Leyland
            BMC = Morris, Jaguar, Austin
            Morris = Morris, Nuffield, MG, Riley, Wolseley
            Leyland = Leyland, Triumph-Standard, Alivs-Rover-Land Rover

By far and away the best selling vehicle nameplates under BL were Austin, Land Rover, and MG.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

based taste

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Depends, land or range? What exactly are you roving?

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Dunno. The Honda rebadges were prolly fine. Was the 75 any good though? I kinda like the look but does it drive good? Is it reliable?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Can’t speak for driving dynamics but they are notorious for eating coolant

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

At the end of the day it's a Honda with an English interior.
      You won't get anyone to sell a good one.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

wrong, the 75 is a FWD BMW with an English interior

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Goodto drive and reliable but FWD makes it a bit less interesting.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

No Brit has ever said that Rovers are good

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They were like 70 years ago but no one talks about that

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

5.0 RWD. Not many but it was a thing.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I got to ride in one of only few of these that were exported to Mexico. They were using them as limos at the Cancun airport.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

That was probably a chinese made model. There were two seperate companies that continued production for another decade, the Roewe ones with extra wheelbase and a different rear end

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>dissolves

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>dissolves
      - faster if you rub it up against walls.
      See bumper and wing.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I rub myself up against school buses, no problem

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'd love a P5 Saloon. Never liked the "coupe", which is handy because saloons are much cheaper.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I had a 2003 MG ZS about 12 years ago, which was a sporty version of the Rover 45. Based on a 1995 Civic, it also had the same interior from that period. It was a 1.6l so not fast at all but the suspension was rock hard and you could throw the car into any corner, the grip was ridiculous. This made it very fun, some Sundays in the summer i would wake up at 5am to drive good roads with no traffic. At some point I had to do long 3 hour journeys in it, it was shit for this, uncomfortable and noisy. I put an amp, subwoofer and new speakers in it. Needed a lot of sound deadening to eliminate rattles.

Modern Rover failed but they did provide very cheap cars that at least people could feel good about them being British. The MG line was a cheap way for people to get into sporty cars.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Forgot pic

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I like the Rover Minis

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>call your car conglomerate "british leyland" instead of "rover"

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>call your car conglomerate “General Motors” instead of “Chevrolet”
      >call your car conglomerate “Stellantis” instead of “Dodge”

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I still don't know what Stellantis means, but General Motors is a good name a the umbrella brand.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

No. Brits are terrible engineers and worse builders.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

All British cars suck. Stay away. Spread the news. Leave them to me.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The 200/400 were based on the EK, I know one version got a 2.5 V6, they converted the 75 to rwd V8 and had an MR2 wannabe. They tried but failed.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

There has never been a Rover based on a Honda platform as modern as the EK.

The 95-99 200 used some bits from the 89-95 200 (based on the Concerto/Civic EF) but was mostly its own design. The 95-99 400 was based on the Honda Domani platform, itself developed from the Civic EG.

By the time the EK Civic was launched, the Rover/Honda partnership had ended as they had already been sold to BMW.

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Rover a shit

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I want the 75 to crooze. The interior looks like a great place to have a nap.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Every piece of marketing I see from British car companies these days is like some bizarro imitation of American culture that's like 10 years behind and wrong.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>some bizarro imitation of American culture that's like 10 years behind and wrong.
      That's basically the whole island

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

British wiggers are a good laugh.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

In one episode James May shits all over the Rover 75

In another episode he chooses it as the best British car

Was the show a work?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

eh, he shits on the looks

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Was the show a work?
      Top gear went from factual car reviews to a car-based entertainment show when Clarkson, Hammond and the fat frick took over(a year later May joined). Elon sued Top Gear when they put in the script that the OG Tesla roadster was pre-planned to break down. Also, he just gets shit blatantly wrong like calling the Ford GT engine "the same as the Lightning pickup" when every single thing about it is different from metallurgy to design.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It's shit, but unfortunately the best. Simple as.

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *