>watching the tubes. >guy's braided ANshit fuel line cracks and leaks fuel everywhere

>watching the tubes
>guy's braided ANshit fuel line cracks and leaks fuel everywhere
>replaces it with soft hose
>works fine

Yep, it's time to once again remind DA that ANshit is a meme.

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Has anyone here said anything positive about them? I'm a firm believer in braided BRAKE lines but I don't really see the point in fuel lines.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, we had a thread pretty recently. My takeaway was that they have their place, but are often used unnecessarily which can lead to problems.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/tuSVVUq.jpeg

you can literally go to any hydrolic line shop and have them make you a "regular" line that cost a fraction of what AN line and fittings cost.

time and time again, AN lines and fittings are just a show piece for flexing.

those are still AN lines moron.
        although crimped AN lines are better than DIY stuff.
        my local hydraulic shop is the GOAT.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

stainless braided lines are mostly garbage because they're only wrapping rubber lines in stainless.
      The good lines are the PTFE (Teflon) 6an fuel lines.
      good for usually 500+ psi.
      3,000psi for PTFE -3an lines.
      99% of people aren't using PTFE.
      so ya, boomer trash

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>good for usually 500+ psi.
        >3,000psi for PTFE -3an lines.
        I don't run my fuel at 500 psi or 3000 psi so I think I'll just stick with rubber hose

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

At least use proper fuel hose, rubber degrades from fuel (especially not ethanol-free) and lets fuel vapor through.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah mate you get the rubber hose that says "HIGH PRESSURE FUEL HOSE" on it

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

stainless braided 3an/4an PTFE is for brake lines.
          so ya you need 3,000psi rated lines.

PTFE has the advantage of being immune to any and all fuels. and doesn't outgas or experience fume leakage.
          that's the benefit of the Teflon.
          no amount of E85 or even full Race gas will damage it.
          lifespan is like 3-4X of a rubber line as well.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the lines and fittings also cost 10x+ what properly rated hose and clamps cost too

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

your forgetting about diesels anon, why do you think they need high pressure fuel injectors and solid metal lines/a common rail?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I'm forgetting about the diesels I don't have

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Who is replacing OEM diesel common rails and metal hard lines with random race spec high-psi hoses?

What a non-point.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

because your street car needs 30-80 psi of fuel pressure, we need to use hoses rated for 500+ psi.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Stainless braided brake lines being rubber inside is exactly why they're good brake lines and not trash. You're getting more direct braking force to the caliper with less being wasted on expanding the rubber.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The expanding rubber is what gives you a compliant and controllable brake pedal feel on a stock car.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The travel in the brake pedal is almost entirely from flex in the calipers. Stainless braided brake lines have better heat and abrasion resistance but make almost no difference in expansion under pressure.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>stainless lines give you a more direct pedal feel
            >actually stainless lines don't give you a more direct pedal feel
            Make up your mind l o l

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Wrong

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

can I theoretically replace all break lines on any car with braided lines?
      is it stupidly expensive?

I had a traumatic experience with hard lines, frick hard lines

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Wait so you don't just want to replace your old perished flexible rubber lines at the calliper, you want to replace ALL of your HARDLINES with flexible braided lines?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

it's really more a theoretically question.
          but that does mean if the next break line job gives me straight flashbacks, there's at least an alternative route.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

you can do that, it will just cost way more than it should.

you can make anything happen with enough money.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I had a traumatic experience with hard lines, frick hard lines
        I just spray them with fluid film every season. Frick doing those.
        JANY2

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I had a traumatic experience with hard lines, frick hard lines
        I just spray them with fluid film every season. Frick doing those.
        JANY2

You know you can buy hard line in materials which don't rust right?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I rather keep mine in good shape so I dont have to replace them in the first place.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I won't argue with that

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

stainless lines actually played a big role in my break line frick Up. order the boring normal ones but rock auto some how sent the stainless ones. thought it was a free update but is was a nightmare. are the nickel copper one non corroding?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

nickel copper or stainless hard brake lines both are very corrosion resistant.
            The ni-Copper just has the benefit of being easy to work with since it's soft.
            stainless has a higher burst strength but both of them are well over 3,000 psi.
            most OEM braking systems operate at about 1,500psi

stainless can be a pain to flare perfectly every time even with expensive flare tools.
            I have a 45 and 37° diamond hone just to make sure my flares are ground perfect.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I like 3rd gens.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yes you can.
        pretty much all race cars are built with all flexible PTFE 3an stainless braided lines.
        modern PTFE does not have much of any expansion.
        it's also safer than a solid brake lines as they are far far more durable.
        my race car is 1/2 PTFE lines.
        I don't have a soft brake pedal and I have a very very small manual brake master.(3/4in)

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>it's safe than hardline because IT JUST IS OK

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Memes aside,
            Stainless PTFE is WAY safer/Durable than hard-line.
            there's a reason NHRA allows PTFE but not hard-line in drag cars.

you can put 60psi in a hard-line, hit it with an hammer and it'll start leaking after a single hit
            While you can beat on PTFE with a hammer and it won't leak.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>hit it with an hammer and it'll start leaking after a single hit

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

yes, You can test it yourself if you're not convinced.
            stainless braided PTFE line is incredibly durable when it comes to impacts.
            I can hit a PTFE line probably 20 times with a hammer before it starts leaking.
            a stainless hard line's going to start leaking immediately.

That's why the NHRA does not allow hardline for fuel lines on drag cars.
            in The case of something like a drive shaft coming apart, hard-line can't take the hits.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah buddy I've had plenty of experience with metal tubes.
            Disregarding the absurdity of choosing a brake line that you can hit with a hammer, it would simply squash it.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm sry anon
            PTFE > hard-line

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>BECUASE IT JUST IS OK

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Just get hand bendable copper lines.
        Liberally apply vaseline on any fittings.
        Never have to replace brake lines again.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>ANschizo is back

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I just keep seeing it, it can't be unseen.

3. 3 weeks ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

AN is great, I just use AN to do a custom power steering hose
    Power steering is up to like 1500 psi so I had to use AN, other hose wouldn’t work

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Sometimes Terry and I would go to the local bar, shoot the shit, get drunk, try to hit on some girls (Terry would always frick it up by calling them Black folk).
      Those were great times, I miss Terry.

• 3 weeks ago
        [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

worked great on my diesel swap, Amazon prime had the hose to me in under a day and it fit like a glove
        AN is the shit, hose is good for 2500 psi and it just drops right in
        https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D367CH8N
        also gonna do the turbo oil drain with 10an

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

that AN hose and fittings you got there cost what, over $80.

the same properly rated hose and clamps $5 max.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

You can’t use hose clamps on a power steering hose, only on the return line can you do that, the pressure side needs property crimped hydraulic hoses

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

Properly* dumb spell check

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

so whats wrong with hose and fittings pretty much all of the oems use for power steering high pressure line?

they sure as hell are not mad tyte AN lines and fittings, yo.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

Those aren’t using clamps, they’re all machine crimped hydraulic hoses
            AC hoses are made the same way, I’m doing an engine swap which requires custom hoses and I don’t own a 50k dollar hydraulic hose crimping machine so instead I use premade AN hoses that come in 8 10 or 12 inch long sections to make the connection from the steering box to the power steering pump
            https://youtube.com/shorts/UkPnAwjfCMU?si=8Uqft4u-7_wHUWan
            This is how hydraulic lines are made, you cannot use hose clamps on such high pressure systems

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

point being, AN lines and fittings are only show pieces on a street car, they are expensive and offer more failure points.

your off in the weeds, nobody said a spring clamp is what anybody uses for high pressure lines. the oems use cheap lines and fittings that are more than fine for their usage and AN fittings and lines are over kill expensive show pieces, nothing more.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>oems use cheap lines and fittings
            They use hydraulically crimped hoses, I need custom hoses to connect a Volkswagen power steering pump to a jeep steering box, that hose doesn’t exist, AN combines them successfully

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you can literally go to any hydrolic line shop and have them make you a "regular" line that cost a fraction of what AN line and fittings cost.

time and time again, AN lines and fittings are just a show piece for flexing.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

I’ve had custom hoses made by Allhose in Vegas, it cost more than this and it took longer, also in the future 10 or 20 years from now I can simply replace this hose with another off the shelf hose instead of having to get another custom hose made

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you got ripped off.

you can get a whole line done here in socal for the price of only one side of a AN fitting...

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

U wot?
            The AN fittings cost 10 dollars
            What shops are you using?
            The materials are more expensive, not even counting the hour of labor they charge you
            You don’t even live in America, you’re an Aussie

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If you know what you're doing enough to be building a custom setup with VW and Jeep parts, then don't waste your time arguing with that other moron, lol. People who actually do things get right of way.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

true, it's people who do vs people who don't
            pic rel, projects I've worked on

• 3 weeks ago
            Inventor

>you can literally go to any hydrolic line shop
            Fricking jealous of gays like this that have a hydraulic line shop around
            And a machine shop willing to to small volume shit
            And a metal store

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

homes in the industrial part of the city is cheaper and has less lefty homosexual regulations and homosexualry.

also has access to all the based shops and space.

U wot?
            The AN fittings cost 10 dollars
            What shops are you using?
            The materials are more expensive, not even counting the hour of labor they charge you
            You don’t even live in America, you’re an Aussie

>U wot?
            >The AN fittings cost 10 dollars
            >What shops are you using?
            >The materials are more expensive, not even counting the hour of labor they charge you

you are using china AN fittings then, literal junk parts to flex with...

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

So what shops did you use to make what hoses, you’ve obviously done this before so give me some names and examples
            I told you I’ve had allhose make my hoses and it cost more, who made your hoses?
            I work at a custom car shop and I’ve had custom hoses made many times, called around and got quotes etc

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I guarantee there is a hydraulic line shop near you. They're everywhere, at least in the US. Any shop that does tractor or equipment repair can make custom hoses. Many auto parts stores make hoses. I live in a small town but both the Oreilly and Fisher Auto Parts can do hydraulics. They might not have the fittings or a particular diameter hose in stock but they can get just about anything in the Gates catalog for next day. If you walk in somewhere and start talking hydraulics and they're like "oh you got to talk to Dave", then just wait for that guy. For automotive purposes, JIC hydraulic is the same as AN.

Metal stores that sell to individuals are rare outside of cities. I've found small one-guy welding shops will sell material for little markup and if you need something a little more special they can put it on their next material order for you. They can be grumpy but if you're to the point and are serious about buying they will help you.

Machinist job shops are definitely around but are hard to find. They don't advertise. They don't have a website. They don't have a Facebook page. They'll just have a small sign on a garage door that says "Bob's Machine 555-1234". And they're grumpier than the old welder guys.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>they sure as hell are not mad tyte AN lines and fittings
            They sort of are, but they're they're SAE 45 degree flare instead of AN/JIC 37 degree. I think people like using AN for custom lines instead of SAE because it's easy to get the pre-made hose and adapters and just put it together without any modification. There isn't much point to going AN if it's not a custom setup or routing though, just use the OEM line like you're saying.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

AN fittings are basically dress up items. properly rated hoses and clamps are perfectly fine for the job they have been doing for almost 100 years.

they add more parts and fail points for cool/rich guy points

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The more joints something has the more failure points you introduce.
    The soft tubing is directly attached to the steel pipes, meanwhile the braided tubing has several joints at every connection, which obviously, just one getting a bit loose or just one o-ring getting a bit old will make it to start leaking like hell.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

AN just means it's a 37 degree flare connection (like JIC hydraulic), usually with aluminum fittings. Easy to disconnect and re-connect, vibration resistant, widely available, standardized, and high pressure capable.

AN implies nothing about the hose itself, only the connection. You can put the lowest quality rubber hose in there with some cheap stainless braid over it and call it an AN hose. The ""real"" stuff is PTFE (Telfon) with a braid over it which is long lasting, high pressure, and relatively expensive. It's still not moron-proof though, you can't mount it with a big kink or twist in it and expect it to be invincible.

That said I personally I don't think there is any need for AN on anything that doesn't see the abnormally high temperatures and vibrations of a race engine or aftermarket turbo setup. SAE 45 degree flare works just as well high pressure for brake and steering hydraulic connections and is much easier to get from an auto parts store when you need it. I use nylon and nicopp for long runs of fuel lines, and there is a rubber hose available specifically rated for just about whatever pressure, temperature, and fluid you are working with.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

as stated many times in this and other threads, these AN fittings and hoses are just for show in a street car.

they are expensive and offer more failure points for no reason other than to look cool.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Polyamide is just fine. It's what all the factories use. Just keep the soft hoses to a minumum. The quick disconnect connectors are pretty unrestricting too.
      Works with K-jetronic injector pipes too just as well as metal piping does.
      The whole AN-market exists because some backwater forklift driver hickeys THINK they know better, than the people actually designing these things. And they are sure to spread their "tried and tested" knowledge with anyone else stupid enough to listen to them. It's a gimmick

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Holy frick OP is that 30R6 type fuel hose? You are going to die in a fire next week. That shit is only rated for like 16 PSI and explode when you are driving.

You NEED 30R9 type hose rated for like 100 PSI. I can't tell what spec that hose is, but the correct hose almost always specifically says "fuel injection" on it in capital letters. Check your packaging or receipt to make sure you actually got the correct type of hose before celebrating your victory over AN fittings.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>You are going to die in a fire
      Exactly the reading comprehension I would expect from AN enthusiast

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

wow, your 80 psi of fuel pressure is stressing the shit out of a regular fuel hose, said nobody ever.

"Regular" fuel hose is for evap vapor, suction, and carb supply. It's low pressure only. "Fuel injection" hose is absolutely required for a 50-60 PSI fuel system. Mixing them up is what causes the car fires you see on the side of the interstate.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Tell that to the guy who did it
          (Protip: he's not in this thread)

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

you act live the majority of cars on the road world wide are not using "regular" fuel line hoses...

again AN if for flexing at your local car meet, its expensive junk that is not needed.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

New cars haven't come with rubber fuel hoses for like 20 years dude. It's all nylon and steel now, and sometimes a short section of braided PTFE for flex between chassis lines and engine lines.

Also you're completely missing the point about hose pressure ratings. You can use rubber hose but it has to be fuel injection rated.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Only for people too stupid to connect and control it properly.

I use Teflon lined Gates etc hose for all my fuel hoses including carbs and for motorcycle oil hoses because generic hose in 2024 is trash.

https://i.imgur.com/d6jVX44.jpeg

Do they make these but with the ends...ridged more aggressive for high pressure fuel hose? Or "flared" like OEM metal lines are there DOES use high pressure fuel hose? These are usually used with nylon formed over it. I'm doing a swap and the community advice is always grab one of those and put a fuel hose clamp over it but frick me that's sketchy. Maybe I'll do that and pay a mechanic to figure out a better solution (nylon hose over it?).

There is nothing sketchy about (properly selected) hose clamps be they jubilee clip/worm drive or EFI screw and nut (better) or constant tension (requires exact correct hose OD to work.

Nylon accomplishes nothing. The main problem users have is failing to control hose and hard line (line is hard, hose soft) position with aircraft-style cushion clamps. Study how they're used singly and in combination.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>because generic hose in 2024 is trash.
            >IT JUST IS OK

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I think this is what i want that would work better. Multiple ridges seems sketchy when it was made for nylon to be formed over it. This looks like the OEM metal ones and a proper clamp over the flat part past the hump...yes. I'll give this a shot. Don't want fiery death.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>quick connect to hose tail
            Why not just skip the quick connector and put the soft hose straight onto male quick connector

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Good question...not sure if the hose would fit over this bump. Surely it would. I guess clearance for tightening the hose clamp gets sketchy unless you just us a constant tension clamp. The thread I'm following says it's been tried but the hose just won't stick in place.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It'd fit over that, but it would wear the rubber out quicker than a smaller bead.
            The other option is you could flare the end of that tube out yourself - it doesn't have to be much, just enough to keep the hose from slipping off.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You can use these with rubber hose and a worm gear clamp. You have to get a different size barb for rubber hose than nylon, since nylon is nominally sized OD and rubber hose is sized ID. SUR&R has the best quick connects.

>quick connect to hose tail
            Why not just skip the quick connector and put the soft hose straight onto male quick connector

https://i.imgur.com/UAhUIBY.png

Good question...not sure if the hose would fit over this bump. Surely it would. I guess clearance for tightening the hose clamp gets sketchy unless you just us a constant tension clamp. The thread I'm following says it's been tried but the hose just won't stick in place.

Doesn't work, you need a barb

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>doesn't work
            >BECAUSE IT JUST DOESN'T OKAY

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>SUR&R
            They sell the one I need it looks like. Was going to buy some noname X AUTOHAUX but it seems like chinkshit

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Shows how little you know. Under pressure, normal rubber hoses expand. This leads to a drop in fuel pressure, severely limiting power. Braided hoses do not expand and ensure maximum power

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

wow, your 80 psi of fuel pressure is stressing the shit out of a regular fuel hose, said nobody ever.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

see

https://i.imgur.com/RvNvMvq.jpeg

Holy frick OP is that 30R6 type fuel hose? You are going to die in a fire next week. That shit is only rated for like 16 PSI and explode when you are driving.

You NEED 30R9 type hose rated for like 100 PSI. I can't tell what spec that hose is, but the correct hose almost always specifically says "fuel injection" on it in capital letters. Check your packaging or receipt to make sure you actually got the correct type of hose before celebrating your victory over AN fittings.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

different pressure ratings, not all hoses are the same? holy shit i didnt know....

whats your point? fact remains, AN hoses and fittings are just flex items on street cars, regular lines and fittings are more then fine and cheaper by a large margin.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Wrenchlet that knows nothing about cars detected. I am an experienced tuner. Changing to braided lines can give an instant 50hp

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Do they make these but with the ends...ridged more aggressive for high pressure fuel hose? Or "flared" like OEM metal lines are there DOES use high pressure fuel hose? These are usually used with nylon formed over it. I'm doing a swap and the community advice is always grab one of those and put a fuel hose clamp over it but frick me that's sketchy. Maybe I'll do that and pay a mechanic to figure out a better solution (nylon hose over it?).

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>WAOW this beat to shit fuel line broke that OBVIOUSLY means that all braided lines are garbage shit that rubber line worked for idling that means that the throttle clearly rubbing on it will NEVER cause damage!

Remember, israelites like this want to force you into unrepairable subscription vehicles that they can shut off at will.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

by telling you, you dont need to over pay for hoses?

the only one israeliteing is the AN hose and fittings suppliers.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Brokie's too poor for XRP, just wait until you hear about wiggins couplers

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I love Wiggins Couplers.
          atleast the aerospace grade ones.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>"unrepairable" universal fuel hose that costs less than gas station hot dog

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>HURR AN HOSE BAD
    Is this the new blind hatred DAtard meme? What next, Schrader valves... le bad?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

its AN gays cope that their larp overly expensive lines and fittings are more important then they really are, just flex for car meets.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I just like it ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Think you might've been better off eliminating some of those unnecessary joints in you cooler piping than running super overkill breather hoses bro

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I did, I just don't have a good outside pic with it assembled. I also picked a smaller FMIC because the one pictured didn't fit very well.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>smaller
          She thicc

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>those breathers

Are you not running piston rings or what

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why do boomers love those hideous fittings? They look even more out of place than using a shitty worm clamp.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

People want AN but they don't want to spend money. So they buy cheap Chinese shit instead. Like people who want braided stainless brake lines but buy $50 sets from ebay.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>it's expensive to get stuff that doesn't fall apart
      Yet another downside to ANshit

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

If you aren't willing to spend the money for quality equipment then you aren't a real car enthusiast. Go steal some 30yo fuel lines from the junkyard, poorgay.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Nah I think I'll just buy some fuel hose from the parts store for cheap which works fine
          That ok with you or....?

15. 3 weeks ago
    Greased Geese

>buils fuel line out of 3/8s aluminum hard line
    >join everything with brake hardware
    5/8s npt inverted flares to 5/8s unions to 3/8s hose barbs
    >only 1 leak and from one union that wont seal nomatter how tight
    >put another union on and it seals
    >whole thing looks moronic but it should work

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This is even funnier when I realise you're probably running carb 3-7psi
      just use hose lmao

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Braided hoses have always been a meme, otherwise cars would come with them from the factory, the regular ass fuel hose on my 21yo are still fine and not coming apart.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *