Weight to power ratio is a meme. A heavier car with more HP is going to be faster than a lighter car with less HP.

Weight to power ratio is a meme.
A heavier car with more HP is going to be faster than a lighter car with less HP.

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

Beware Cat Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You sound like someone who drives a clapped out boosted mustang.

Doesn't matter how many horses you have when you hit a corner. How many times have you crashed turning onto the road from a cars and coffee?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>le lighter cars handle better meme

• 3 weeks ago
        Panda5

Lighter cars DO handle better, but that isn't what the guy was getting at.
        Mustangs until the late 10s had shit rear suspension so once you powerslide with all that torque, it would swing back the other way if you didn't catch it just right (something you have to learn by doing), so mustangs famously get slammed into curbs.
        That has little to do with weight or power.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That's why you see so many chargers and shit at autocross events. They just handle so much better than miatas and bmw coupes.

Cope more

Lighter cars DO handle better, but that isn't what the guy was getting at.
        Mustangs until the late 10s had shit rear suspension so once you powerslide with all that torque, it would swing back the other way if you didn't catch it just right (something you have to learn by doing), so mustangs famously get slammed into curbs.
        That has little to do with weight or power.

Yeah, that was the turning out onto the road thing.
        Fourth and fifth gen are notorious for that shit.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Challengers are rally cars.

Checkmate.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

While that is totally radical dude it doesn't mean anything to this discussion.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Cool strawman, but I didn't say challenger, now did I.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I really wanna see what a stripped charger/challanger can do on track because they actually handle really fricking well

Its the Black folk that have under developed inner ears that cant feel the weight shift and wrap around trees trying to do a burnout that give them the boat reputation

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>because they actually handle really fricking well

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>he doesn't know about big miat

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>ebonics

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the understeery factory alignment spec doesnt help either

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why did Dodge never give us a track challenger hellcat to compete with the ZL1 1LE and GT500 with the track pack?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

super track pack could be ordered on all trims except the hellcat which i think has its own performance and handling package

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They tried with the wide body variants+ they gave up on trying to turn when the viper was kill

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

super track pack could be ordered on all trims except the hellcat which i think has its own performance and handling package

dodges are for hip hop future basketball lawyers. Who cares

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yes. A gokart handles better than anything heavier than it.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous
      • 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>le lighter cars handle better meme

This is literally the philosophy of every race car engineer, fricking bus rider

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>everything I don't like is a meme

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

speed>power just don't get hit

2. 3 weeks ago
    Panda5

"Power" is a meme:
    -The posted number is peak power/torque, which is only one RPM at full throttle so it doesn't describe the whole torque curve
    -Gearing can be the difference between a "350hp" car going 0-60 in 4 seconds or 10 seconds. Gear ratios matter.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Correct. My 275hp 5500 pound suburban is faster than a CBR 1000 motorcycle cause it has 50% more power

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's actually power to weight you fat c**t

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Let me guess, you got convinced that these new Hellcats and Demons are the coolest shit and then you saw someone having fun in a Mazda and got upset about it?

6. 3 weeks ago
    Greased Geese

cool cope thread but ive got a 400 cube v8 in a beer can so ill beat your ass up a tree idgaf what copecar you have

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

this is why I drive a minivan
    it's the most powerful

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I guess trolling is fun or something? Probably best not to immediately announce that you're a fricking idiot.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm more interested in the wait to power ratio

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yeah maybe in a straight line.
    Around a track weight is king.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

weight matters in a straight line too that's why fox bodies are so popular

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Much less.
        In a straight line weight hits you once - in acceleration, it doesn't even barely effect top speed.
        On a track weight hits you when you accelerate, it hits you again when you try to slow down, and it hits you once more when you attempt a corner.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If I built a 225Hp, 1450lb w/ driver single-seat open wheeler that has 1:6.5 PW it would be better around most 1.5-2 minute tracks than a tricked out 500+hp v8 trac pack track attack automanual supertires behemoth that is in the range of 3600-4000(or more) pounds.

The single seater would have a top speed of ~150mph and is able to get there on 3/4 mile straights. Nothing else matters, your opinion is invalid.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

but then you need bigger tires, bigger brakes, heavier wheels, stronger suspension bearings and bushings .etc
    that said tire diameter is a significant factor as to how soft the tire compound can be, this is one aspect that has made smaller cars obsolete

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

a car with more health points?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *