What 00s era car should I dig for now because they become flat out unobtainable?

What 00s era car should I dig for now because they become flat out unobtainable?
If I had the money I'd buy a Holden GTO, personally.

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I want the red Saab in the background there

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Cadillac XLR

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Evo 8 is close to being unobtainable. A decent one that isn't too rusty is $22-28k. The problem is that you pay nearly the same for a imported 1-4. The prices aren't slowing down and the parts are drying up and getting expensive.

04-07 WRX STI is a better value proposition. You can find a clean one for $6-9k less than a comparable Evo and they were usually better quality (way less rustier because the metal was less willing to corrode and the paint was better quality). Parts support is a lot better because you can use the parts off a 2022 WRX STI for the drivetrain and the suspension is shared between 93-07.

GTOs I never was a fan of, most require rear suspension rebuilds and they were always too fat and powerful for the amount of tire you could fit under one.

Z33s are particularly getting rare. Look for a clean 06-07 HR or a track 03-05 with the gold Brembos (off the R34 GTR)

A surprising car that's already getting unobtainable are VW R32s. Supposedly one of the Hagerty big wigs is unironically hoarding them all.

E46 M3s are getting rare and expensive, it's the most collectable BMW on the market other than a Z3 or Z4M Coupe. It's actually to the point you can find a E39 M5 for the same money.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

So tldr

$10k: E55 W210 AMG, B5 S4
      $10-15k: 350Z, GTO (can find a little cheaper for both, but not advisable)
      $15-25k: WRX STI, E55 AMG W211, S2000 (especially if salvage/rebuilt)
      $20-30k: Evo 8, E46 M3, E39 M5, 03-04 Cobra
      $25-35k: Evo 9, VW R32

If I could I'd get a WRX STI. I already have a Evo 9, but I like the STis and respect them. They were amazing cars back then and went toe to toe with the Evos, would have probably been better if Subaru exclusively imported EJ207 Spec Cs. The Evo is like a F16 while the STi is like a F15E.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I forgot, RX8s can be had for $10k with refreshed engines or in S2 guise (improved transmissions, slightly better engines). You can even find a limited edition R3 (best of the best) for $12-16k.

Ben Thorn from Gears and Gasoline bought a barn find R3 that had a bad engine that I would watch his videos to get a idea what its like, it's a good intro to the platform and a way to get into rotary ownership without paying the $30k a FD RX7 will run. It's entirely comparable to a S2000 (better handling, slightly slower cause +300lbs) and FRS/BRZ (slightly quicker but worse mpg/reliability).

E46 ZHPs are also in the same price range. Great way to get something similar to a E46M if you can't afford it. Just assume the same chassis faults as the M3 (subframe) but they're still a lot of fun. I think they came with LSDs? It was basically a 330i tuned by Alpina with hotter cams. Performance is very similar to the above cars mentioned + E36M3.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

this thread makes me kinda regret not buying an rx8 when I was buying a car few years back.
          love them things much

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Rx8s are garbage dude you can't give them away..

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I still like em

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yeah if u put a ls1 or k20 in it or some other engine the rotary is straight trash,extremely high maintenance

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

S2000s are fricking gay. Always will be. Just get an RX8

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

as a GTO owner, know youre not getting anything more than a comfy barge
      > but IRS
      > but corvette powertrain
      > but corvette brakes
      > but T56
      none of that matters because its such a large car. the best comp is the modern dodge challenger.
      also the trunk is basically useless because of where they put the fuel tank, not to mention the raised fuel tank raises your COG. the controls are in weird spots(for an american) like the G8.
      this anon is right, you cant fit staggered wheels on the rear easily. im running 245/265 offset and it BARELY fits.
      that said, it is a VERY comfy cruiser. the seats are plush and the interior is nice. Especially compared to a SN95, the GTO is a much nicer place to be. Just don’t expect it to be fast in anything except a straight line. They’re rare cars with limited part availability, so be warned that a simple repair may not be a cheap fix as you order parts from ‘straya

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I fricking love my 06 so much bro

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

an Alfa Brera

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>What 00s era car should I dig for now because they become flat out unobtainable?
    Smart Fortwo, have fun meme car that even if it dies, there's already resources for K20 or Gixxer swap.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Clean sn95 new edge or s-197
    no mods manual gt or special model like the bullit or california

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

300C SRT8

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Whatever happened to all the 6.1 SRT Dodges? It's like they're all disappearing from the road. I used to see a ton of SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokees 10 years ago. Are they getting cam/lifter issues taking the motors out?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

usually lifter issues like the base hemi. plus dodge made like a million 6.4s and made them for relatively cheap so theres no reason to get a 6.1 unless you really like that bodystyle or are poor. if you’re the latter, chances are you dont have the means to properly maintain it

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I got a 2008 si I love it..

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Coupe.

- rare
    - fun
    - still affordable

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

- looks like a shoe

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I was thinking of getting a vanity plate of MR HBRD but nobody seemed to get it.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I had an 06 GTO(Murrica) but it was an autotragic with the lesser engine. Still, sold it for $3k. Interior was destroyed.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

06 is the 6.0 LS2, and even being an autotragic, is fast as frick and more than enough for street driving. Engine itself is worth more than double 3k in any year, let alone the rest of the cars value.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *