What are?

What are DA - Auto's thoughts on them?

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Not in US so not discussed on this American website. Try a European car forum.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Other European cars are discussed on DA - Auto though. Why not Skoda

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Basically Skoda is Volkswagen but cheaper and more reliable

wasn't DA owned by Japan .

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Basically Skoda is Volkswagen but cheaper and more reliable
        yeah those times are over, skodas are now also fricking expensive and same shit quality.
        just because its still cheaper than vw doesn't mean its cheap

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>more reliable
        >same engines and platforms
        >same interchangable bits of trim
        >same comfort modules like A/C and heated seats

but you decide its suddenly more reliable because its a brand targeted towards poorgays

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

i FRICKING HATE POORgaySS SO MUCH, thank frick the globhomosexual tards are forcing you off the roads with your shitboxes and soon you'll be taking the nice zero emission bus

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

They might have had a slight reliability advantage when they adopted VW's newer platforms a bit later than some other brands. I recall SEAT having a bunch of issues in their new cars at some point, while Skoda was still making cars based on older stuff that probably had many of its issues solved by then.
          Or at least the diesel-based ones did. I'm still seeing discussions of used car disputes, mostly involving the infamous 1.4 TSI engine where every place that could possibly leak oil probably did so in some unit.
          It'll be interesting to see how things go in their newer cars.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

VW was gatekeeping the new stuff so people had a reason to buy them instead of the rebagded shitboxes

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>wasn't DA owned by Japan
        You're thinking of 2chan

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

designated poverty chariot for "people" who want to pretend they can afford a new car. alternatively designated salesman rocket.

silence mutt

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

post your entry level audi

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>vagoid recoils in pain as its been found out

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

nice car bro

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

did mohammed drop by in his audi and frick your mom? imagine thinking audi is some kind of limousine for the rich.
            >inb4 post car
            post your poverty chariot first.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Too based to live, too weird to die

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

wtf you that finn? Didnt know you got frickin volga too.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yep, that's me. I've lately been on a soviet vehicle spree, looking to grab myself a Lada Niva to add into the collection and maybe a Moskvitsh too, either a 408 or a 412.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Reliable as Toyota despite it is a vag car.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

its VW but with uglier styling

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>its VW but with uglier styling
      Are you fricking kidding me? This is exactly why I chose Superb over Passat. Only VW that has potential to top Superb or even Octavia is Arteon - and instead of developing this styling, VW is killing it.

https://i.imgur.com/FlJiBiF.png

What are DA - Auto's thoughts on them?

Good, safe, reliable and slightly less boring than typical Volkswagen or Toyota.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

yeah it looks like shit.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Only a troll or a gay would say so. You're probably both.

>more reliable
          >same engines and platforms
          >same interchangable bits of trim
          >same comfort modules like A/C and heated seats

but you decide its suddenly more reliable because its a brand targeted towards poorgays

I've made 700k km with 3 different Skodas (2 Octavias, 1 Superb) in span of 24 years. Crushed one of them. Other than Skoda I had a Merc 300d, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Avensis, VW Golf, VW Passat, Audi TT and even Pontiac Transport (uncommon in Europe). Skodas aren't reliable for a poor man's car (they aren't cheaper than VW any more). They are reliable in general.

From what I've heard about American VW, Skoda would be probably considered premium in comparison.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>From what I've heard about American VW, Skoda would be probably considered premium in comparison.
            Yup, they took Volkswagen, downgraded them and cut costs and had them assembled in Mexico for the U.S market, relying on the European "VW" badge as the selling point.

They don't use rust protection, they still use torque converters in MODERN vws like the MK7 Golf and they stil come with ancient engines like the 1.8t and a naturally aspirated 1.6. In Europe they cut all that years ago and we only get DSGs, the 1.0, 1.5 hybrid, 2.0 TFSI and the 1.6 and 2.0 TDIs

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

you look like shit

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

imagine bragging about buying a fricking skoda. and a wagon no less.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

kys

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Good cars.
    Buy a diesel.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I enjoy mine. The only way to get a GTI wagon too. One of the few sleepers left these days.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That front end looks weird to me
      The inner lights look like they can't quite decide if they are supposed to be a part of the grill.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I liked the Felicia because I could call it the Fellatio whenever I saw one.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

SEAT for reasonable people

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

europe has all these weird cars i've never heard of and they can't get anything good like a corvette in right hand drive
    communism is real

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

what's a corvette

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

why would I want a corvette when I could have a skoda

?si=6B5xbAMBBToHyovz

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

rice

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why would anyone in Europe apart from the British buy a RHD C8?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

um north ireland?
        jk i'm american why would I know which countries drive on which side. I thought you were all rhd.
        But I do know that there were only a handful of front engine corvettes sold in europe and the c8 is not widely available either

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The Irish (ROI) pay ridiculous taxes on cars, very rare to see something nice there. In Germany where I live that is no problem. Front engine corvettes are rare to see. I think I saw more C4s then any other front engine corvette in my life. C8s are fairly common here because they are a great value compared to the offerings from Porsche and AMG. I see them every week at this point.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I read that they only sell 2000 c8s a year in europe. considering the EU is the same size as the us and we buy 25x as many, it's either not available or not in demand or both

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Off course they are sold far less compared to the US. They don't carry status like a 911 and there is no dealer network which obviously complicates repairs.

We are so cucked on this green island, the insane VRT, insurance and tax rates have a chokehold on the car community but also normies are fricking moronic here, the Netherlands also have high car owership prices and yet they have a richer car culture than us.

Everytime I see a nice vehicle like an RS6, GTRs ,Mustang..etc 95% of the time its always on UK or NI yellow plates.

I went to school for a year in Ireland and I have seen very few nice cars compared to what I see everyday in Germany. But I saw plenty of Japanese cars compared to Germany, which was pretty nice

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>But I saw plenty of Japanese cars compared to Germany, which was pretty nice

Was it in the early 2000s? that was during the celtic tiger (economic boom), the JDM bubble of the 90s burst and you could import Skylines, Silvias, Glanza Vs..etc for cheap, Ireland is a RHD country so it worked perfectly. Used to see JDM gatherings on the motorways and country roads all the time, the cars were taxed based on engine displacement pre-2008 and cause Jap stuff was low displacement hooked up to turbochargers, it was viable to own a high performance japanese car.

That all died out today though, those JDM boxes have been wrapped around poles and the remaining ones have been parked up in a garage somewhere in county Mayo. Today, thanks to Brexit, used car dealerships dropped the UK as a viable source of cars and have switched back to Japan but only import economy cars like the Yaris, March, Serena, Aqua..etc, they've also started importing JDM market German cars such as Golf GTIs, BMW 3 series, they are cheaper to buy from Japan, come in almost brand new condition with low mileage compared to UK imports and have all the bells and whistles as standard, Irish and UK specs tend to be base models or just a few options ticked.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I was in county Carlow, so effectively nowhere. For some reason people all over Ireland went crazy for the Hyundai Tucson. I can't explain it.
            >importing JDM market German cars
            This is also a thing in Germany. Some japanese people like to import LHD Mercedes and the likes which means that we can reimport them and are able to get very well taken care of examples of the top AMG models (S63, E63 etc.)

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Exactly what I did. Lhd mercs are a bit of a status symbol in japan.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Can you give some info about the process? Can you recommend the service you used? I am currently thinking about importing an AMG from Japan and need some info on the process.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Pretty sure its like importing any other car from Japan to the EU, the registration & tax rates vary from country to country though.

The hardest bit is probably doing your homework on the particular car and making sure you aren't getting fleeced (Japs aren't as perfect as weebs claim to be), ideally for something like an AMG, you could fly to Japan and see it in person but its up to you

https://carfromjapan.com

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Well I did not personally import it, but have a friend in a dealership that takes in mainly amg and highly spec'd SL's. But even though the chances are it's better taken care of then a stateside example, there is of course no guarantee. Mine was a 1 owner that had driven it 60k miles. So it had not been sitting. (It's a 2010). And no wear to be found anywhere. I would not buy something sight unseen just because it is from japan though.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah LHD German cars especially Mercs were a status symbol amongst Japanese criminals and connected people then they got sold to actual enthusiasts who kept them in mint condition.

>For some reason people all over Ireland went crazy for the Hyundai Tucson.
            >I can't explain it.

Every country has that one npc car that everyone buys, for Americans I believe its the RAV4 or Camry. I think Hyundai offered long warranties and the best deals so they won over the average joe, they were pretty affordable brand new compared to competitors and are reliable. Koreans make good diesels unlike Japs, see the Lexus IS220d and Mazda 2.2 diesels (worse than the dreaded BMW N47, its actually an okay engine but having the timing chain replaced was a must or you risk throwing the car away)

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

yeah it's different here then. over here a 911 probably costs 2x the c8 stingray and is just for dentists or other non car people like bentley or tesla

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

We are so cucked on this green island, the insane VRT, insurance and tax rates have a chokehold on the car community but also normies are fricking moronic here, the Netherlands also have high car owership prices and yet they have a richer car culture than us.

Everytime I see a nice vehicle like an RS6, GTRs ,Mustang..etc 95% of the time its always on UK or NI yellow plates.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Greased Geese

skoodle

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

2009 Octavia 1.9TDI Owner here
    Love this thing so much, just about to hit 418K KM on it.
    Paired with this engine this thing is just perfect

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

2011 fabia 1.2htp 2nd owner here
      i dont feel anything when i drive it, only mild annoyance when ecu delays my blips
      sits in garage most of the time, does a short city run every other week or a longer trip few times a year
      the ecu has some quirks, drops a code once in a while, probably something to do with exhaust sensors
      had a piston explode in the past because first owner was running it through international routes at highway speed, works fine with a new one as long as i don't overheat it
      the feature i like the most is the windshield wiper speed selector, it has a setting for pretty much every single rain intensity

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>the feature i like the most is the windshield wiper speed selector, it has a setting for pretty much every single rain intensity
        Its dangerous for how long I've been spending time fiddling with the variable wiper.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>fabia
        All you need to disable five APCs

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

old ones are cool, vag ones are just worst made vw

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mogs their bosses from VW.

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The best, they make the nicest manuals too, the Kodiaq is garbage though

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

octavias have a bad rep here but they do look nice

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They rust like hell, stay away. My friend had a 2016 Octavia and he was quoted like 5 grand to repair rust damage, (in eastern europe with cheap services)

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm going to buy a used Skoda Octavia. How is the 1.5 TSI engine compared to the 2.0 TDI? I'm usually not driving long distances so I'm leaning toward the 1.5. TSI.

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

garbage during communism, slightly better after communism, peaked with early VW, garbage again since VW turned to shit.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *