What are some Cash for Clunkers casualties that make you sad?

What are some Cash for Clunkers casualties that make you sad?

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

All the Sebrings that were actually based mitsubishis

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I'm just mad that this program existed in the first place

Not only did it frick the auto market it was a net negative from an environmental standpoint

Half the cars in this pic would have outlasted whatever piece of shit 2009 Chrysler product people turned them in for

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

agreed.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>muh we just gotta scrap them, for teh Environment
      Idiot Mutt using a CFC spray can

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>For the environment
        lol.
        "Every business day when our market bells ring, we con people to believing in something: The American Dream, family values... ; could be freedom fries for all I care. It doesn't matter! As long as the con works and people buy, sell whatever it is that we want them to."
        More commerce, more hype for products = more taxes, a larger defense budget, and a complacent, tired population. C4C was about giving people a couple grand to dump into new cars.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

that es300 would still run till this day, for fricks sake i hate you yankies so much, all this stuff could be imported to east europe and my carmy would still have a big supply of parts

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I'd rather have them crushed them fund Eur*pe

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

this
          watching you homosexuals starve and get raped by daddy putin is funny

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Arguably had a negative impact from an environmental standpoint from processing all that metal and having the cars leech into the ground as they sat

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

70s malaise-era shitboxes.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>70s
      70s cars didn’t qualify.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    • 1 month ago
      TooZ

and nothing of value was lost.
      you would already have 123 less of them by now anyway.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xsAhIq-e722Zg3802GYL54t3UX5lNM0eDsv-YpBK9KI/edit

Knock yourself out.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Mazda RX-7 1991 36

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

The 91 rx7 was an obese underpowered shitbox, unless you got the turbo (not common). It was something like 300lb heavier than the 87/88/89s iirc.

There were a handful of 3rd gen 7s c4c'd, which is a bummer, but more of them get crashed every year than were ever clunk'd. Not like that was such a great car either, c4 zr1 and s2k are better imo and from the same time period

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

A 91 rx7 was not obese lmao. It was a mid size coupe that could be had with 4 seats and weighed like 2700lbs. An s2000 literally weighs 2800. Aside from that, the 3rd gen rx7's were an amazing platform. Cars like the fd are the reason gm stepped up to design the c5. The fd outclassed the aging c4 platform in every area except raw power. Also the s2000 is not from the same period. It came out in 1999, 2 years after they finally stopped the 3rd gen rx7. Deflate that hate boner

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You're utterly moronic if you think 91 rx7s weighed 2700lbs.

You're also utterly moronic if you think 91 is a 3rd gen, as 3rd gen was 1993-2002.

You're also utterly moronic if you think the s2k being 2800lbs means it would lose to a 91 rx7.

You're also utterly moronic if you think that 1999 is 2 years after 2002.

You're also utterly moronic if you think the 91 rx7 is better than a c4.

You're also utterly moronic if you think the 91 rx7 is competitive with a c5.

The 3rd gen RX7 was not the tofu delivery race car the cartoons make it out to be.
            The 91, and other 2nd gen rx7s, were laughably bad even compared to the 3rd gen rx7.

TLDR: you watch too many cartoons

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The Corvette makes the Wapanese man seethe.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

They think the fact that the 3rd gen rx7 narrowly beats out the c4 is a flex.

The C4 came out in 1984. Its competition was not the 1993 3rd gen, not the 2nd gen rx7, but the first gen rx7. A car with 105hp.

Even more so today, the rx7 can't lay a finger on a vette. Back then a c4 and a 7 were similar in price. Nowadays you can get a c5 for the price of a working 2rd gen rx7 turbo, or a c6/c5z for the price of a 3rd gen.

Truly, the Wannabe Japs seethe at the mention of a superior car.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

One (1) total Subaru destroyed. Truly the superior brand.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

So that's where all the ford aerostars went. They all frickin died.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

DEATH TO AMERIKKKA

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>all those Toyota Supras and Subaru SVXs
      Holy shit that was brutal.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I really want a 95-99 explorer - particularly a limited. Can’t imagine this program was kind to those pigs

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Not the kind of list you want to be #1 on.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

imagine what clean beater zj's and xj's would cost these days if that chunk of them were never junked. talk about sad

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

all those jeep inline 6 4.0 liters gone to waste...

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

4.0s are like Ford 9 axles. At this point you can nearly build the entire engine without using a single OEM part

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Ford Probe. My mom drove one when I was a kid, it was a fun little car despite being front wheel drive. A really good example of 90s curvy styling.

• 1 month ago
      Owner-Optimus Primefag

None of these went to C4C they were too good on gas. Even the GT still got 25mpg.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Who was the moron who traded in the 06 Roush stage 3 F150? Maybe some dumb boomer's wife?

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

What the FRICK is a clunker?!

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>zoomer
      It be dat old ass car cuh fr fr

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Ok tell me what a clunker is then. I've heard that shit my whole life and it always sounded like some grandpa shit even 30 years ago. Really, what the FRICK is a "clunker?" It's just a euphemism for a piece of shit, which begs the question why did they buy a piece of shit in the first place? And if it wasn't a piece of shit why did you sell it for pennies? Kek goddamn kids these days don't even know a clunker from a hole in their donkey or some such old timey nonsense

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

''clunkers'' in the cfc program were basically just older cars that were in running order and passed inspection which could be traded in for up to a $5k rebate. it happened in 2009 and it ended up junking stuff like caprices, explorers, jeeps, and pickups like s10s all from the past 10-15 years

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

So people were trading in cars that they bought, for some reason, which they then considered to be clunkers, for some other reason, even though they previously bought them and they are still in good running condition. Hm continue telling me why I hate everyone.
            What's the difference between a clunker and a classic? 10 years?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

clunkers were just people's daily drivers that they had been holding onto for a long time and had no reason to get rid of. A lot of those cars were classics, but if they're not in the hands of a person who appreciates them, they're just a car

• 1 month ago
            TooZ

more so they had less computers in them. We MUST have ECUs and Northstar and "infotainment" tracking.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

But then every car that anyone drives that they consider "old" is a clunker. Effectively making "clunker" a useless word for any car that someone doesn't like regardless of its condition.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

bruh if it just b old ass frfr whips y dey b slangin da fat ass lex dat dey should b pushin?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

wurd

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Try not to cry challenge

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

focuses are GAY as FRICK why do these commonwealth types always like such gay cars?

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Cash for clunkers only scrapped 650k cars, while over 5 million cars get scrapped in the US every year. It wasn't nothing but it wasn't something either

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Honestly, C4C was not nearly as bad as people think. You want to see rare or desirable cars scrapped, look at the UK scrappage scheme. Worse than that, breakers over here took everything. I was at a breakers and they bought 2 autech gtrs to break, and stripped many evos, skylines, supras in perfectly good condition as they were cheap at the time and worth more in parts

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Who cares about yurop tho

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Rage provoking image

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

oh no! not all of the Ford Explorers that got scrapped!

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I kinda want a manual 2 door Explorer sport and I bet C4C genocided many of those lil SUVs.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/Ie1GUHq.jpg

I kinda want a manual 2 door Explorer sport and I bet C4C genocided many of those lil SUVs.

the 5 speeds and rear axles on explorers are the best donors for LSD and disc brake swaps on many cars. I pour one out for them.

The G-body loss is what kills me

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *