What are some extinct cars that were everywhere 20 years ago?

What are some extinct cars that were everywhere 20 years ago?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Everything pre 1997

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Chevy Corsica and 2nd gen Explorer.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>2nd gen Explorer
      This, thanks to Cash for Clunkers. The first gens didn't fare so well, either.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I had a 91 Corsica until it finally died a month ago

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've never seen a Chevy Celebrity in person. Ever. I refuse to believe they actually existed.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The zoomer in you is showing.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

For the time they were decent family cars, this was when GM were still trying and hadn't yet given up on their passenger car line in favor of cynically spamming trucks.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>t. underage

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Depends on where you live. In California or Texas more likely as stuff doesn't rust there.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I meant to post the first generation but then realized it's been a while since I've seen the second generation's ass, and that thing was still sold 15 years ago, it's not that old.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Are Renaults really that bad that they spontaneously disappear after 15 years?

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

non truck/vette chebbies and anything made by pontiac or saturn

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The 82-85 models had sealed beam headlights, they went to composite lights in 86 after the removal of a stupid backward-ass NHTSA regulation prohibiting those. Also 86 was the Celebrity's high water mark with over 400,000 sold for that model year.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Chevy Lumina
    The Astro van
    Dodge Ramcharger

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Luminas seemed to disappear overnight

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Still see Astros all the time in Indiana

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Anything that isn't a Toyota, 3.8 V6, or Panther body.
    t. salt belt

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

There's a roughly 2000s Town Car and Grand Marquis parked down the street from me. The latter has dumb rims and blacked out windows added (also this neighborhood is 100% white if you ask)

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

MK3 Golfs and Jettas. 3rd and 4rth gen Accords. Blazers. W-Bodies

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge

Show me anything but a weekend-only Sebring or a Ram that’s still on the road.

I think there are more 90’s minivans than 00s still on the road.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Same can be said for any aging automobile. Plymouth hasn't existed for 23 years. I never see fords from the late 90s and early 2000s.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>I never see fords from the late 90s and early 2000s.

I see F150s and Panthers constantly. Plenty of Focus still on the road too.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

dodge neon.
    2g dsm
    90's honda
    XLR

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Chevy Citation
    Dont ask for references or proofs

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

These slow turds

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The 20 year old ones are still everywhere.
      The 30 year old ones, not so much.

(I’ll get an actual top speed shot one of these days)

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I don't live in the rust belt anymore so I've seen perhaps three grand ams in 10 years.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>These slow turds

I still see Pontiac Grand Ams and Grand Prixs on an almost daily basis. Not nearly as common as they were 10-15 years ago, but I see them almost as much as old buicks or panthers

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Anything with the Buick 3.8 is standing the test of time.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

those were the standard issue first HS car for like 20years in the midwest

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They were the "I routinely make bad decisions and have fricked up my life" car in New Mexico for, like, a decade. They were the Nissan Altima of the 2000's.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Any dodge/Chrysler car before the Mercedes era and some from it. They've just all up and died. Last seen on a buy here/pay here lot before vanishing.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>CAB
      >FORWARD
      >DESIGN

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

this is rare to see, but was it ever actually a popular model?

https://i.imgur.com/DwBKt4p.jpg

This one I mean

was thinking about this the other day, I remember this guy I used to carpool to school with in high school had one. Kind of a crappy car but the dude loved it

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They're still alive!

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

anything from 40-30 years ago

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Someone's selling a nice B5 A4 near me with a laundry list of essentially the entire motor being gone through and I almost wish I could justify snagging it. I'm sure the maintenance could be a reason why they've all disappeared, but I miss seeing these old "conservatively" styled Audis around instead of the overstyled, LED-ridden messes that most are today.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I don't see these anymore. All the 4AODs must have died.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Actually I saw one last week

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

pontiac firefly/geo metro
    they all rusted away here and I haven't seen any except for maybe one, but it might've just been a suzuki

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

This generation of celica was a popular car in them days

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This one I mean

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

There's still one driving around my town. I'm surprised there aren't more of them on the road, you still see a ton of late 90s Camrys.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The last gen Neon aka the "SX 2.0". My parents leased one of them and back then it seemed like 1/4 econoboxes was one of them then it seemed like one day they all disappeared. You see the first and second gens occasionally but they're almost extinct too.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They had the same motor as the eclipse they were pretty durable for a shitbox of that era

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It would get stuck in park on some inclines and it would misfire randomly every few months. Other than that it was a good little shitbox. It had a good stereo and still the coldest A/C I've felt.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

i love the neon even if its essentially a giant metal turd. it just has a nice comfy and welcoming vibe. i guess that was the point.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Celebrities should be considered classics for their participation in the North Hollywood bank robbery.

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Want a manual base one so badly, but can't find any, even the autos are rare

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They were EVERYWHERE up to the early 2010s, but thanks mainly to Ford's dogshit rustproofing, they're nearly all gone now.

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Mid '80s Chrysler K-cars. There were WAY more of those fricking things, on the road, then there should have been by the mid 2000s. The other was the mid-'60s Dodge Dart with the slant-6. There were a ton of them on the road, until the late '90s.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *