What are the point of sports cars for people that don't do any sport activities with them like racing?

What are the point of sports cars for people that don't do any sport activities with them like racing?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why frick b***hes when you can jerk off?

same answer.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

TOE
    MAY
    TOE

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>sports cars
    Like what?

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/88QYlkt.jpeg

Glitter intensifies...

What is the point of a penis for people that don't do any sex activities?

>tennis racquet
      there are sport(s) rackets and casual leisure racquets

You can continue being incorrect all your life, sure.
      To be fair it takes a pretty high IQ to use the right words for things.

>Non sports car being used for sports
      I mean lets be honest, thats like using a broomstick as a pool cue

What's going on in this thread with so many dubs?

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You're using the wrong etymology. "Sports car" doesn't use the word "sport" as-in "organized sports," it uses it in the secondary (and generally more european) meaning of "for sport," that is to say, "for fun or enjoyment." Sports cars aren't "cars driven in motorsports," they are "cars driven for sport;" in other words, cars driven for fun.

Historically this distinction was more important than it is now, as someone who owned a sports car would generally own a primary car that was used for carrying luggage and passengers, as sports cars would generally have two seats maximum (though often one) and no trunk space whatsoever. Today we know them as performance monsters, but sports cars originally were more akin to what we now know as "roadsters," like the Triumph Spitfire, AR Spider, and MG MGB; small, lightweight, handling-centric cars that prioritized "thrill" on twisting European roadways over comfort or utility.

It's important to realize that the "sports car" was a strictly European phenomenon until the rich began to import them in the interwar and postwar era, a trend which accelerated when returning servicemen stationed in Europe during WWII began to look for cars similar to the ones they had seen and experienced during their time abroad. Ford and Chevrolet attempted to capitalize on this trend with the Thunderbird and Corvette respectively, effectively beginning the popular lineage of the "sports car" over here.

Funnily enough, that lineage includes muscle cars; the lack of utility that sports cars had was what gave rise to both those and Personal Luxury cars. Many returning soldiers wanted sports cars, but needed larger vehicles due to having started families. The market came up with a compromise in the form of high-powered coupes and sedans that provided those same "thrills" that sports cars did in larger packages that let you drive your kids to school and pick up groceries at the supermarket, things a traditional sports car couldn't do.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You are incorrect sports cars/ sport cars are made and used purely for sports use.
      You are thinking of lifestyle cars with sporty styling, like the gm corvette.
      Most people just call these hairdressers cars.

• 4 weeks ago
        TooZ

Watch it phaggot.
        Me and the girls will peg you so good it you will celibrate the lifestyle.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

you mean race cars?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Racing is a sport, and some sport(s) cars are designed purely for this kind of sport(s.)

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>and some sport(s) cars are designed purely for this kind of sport(s.)

name one

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's like saying "name one kind of tennis racquet" but sure, picrel.
            These are cheap sport(s) cars, and they are readily available.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ok ive never seen one of those being used for anything other than racing so what are you crying about

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>ive never seen a tennis racquet being used for anything other than tennis so what are you crying about
            LMAO not sure how not letting you call a shitbox a sport(s) car is crying lol
            Sounds like you are upset...
            Do you call a shovel a tennis racquet?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

There are multiple kinds of shovels, some better than others, some that do slightly different things, and people use them for different things. At some point you just have to accept that words are subjective, and language is imperfect.

When people say sports car, 99.999% of people think of a certain thing, autistic people who struggle with the concept like yourself get mad about it for some reason.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>here are multiple kinds of shovels
            Do you call any of them a tennis racquet?

And no, the rest of what you said is incorrect. You will just have to face up to the fact your car is not a sports car, and putting an ebay spoiler on it doesn't make it one either

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i dont have to face up to anything, im just going to continue to call any kind of car that is designed for fun and or fast driving a sports car

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You can continue being incorrect all your life, sure.
            To be fair it takes a pretty high IQ to use the right words for things.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Formula cars are by definition not sports cars.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

By definition, they are sport(s) cars, sports are their only real use.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>tennis racquet
            there are sport(s) rackets and casual leisure racquets

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

These racquets are purely designed for their use, which is sport(s,) tennis.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Can't tennis as a sport without it being approved, only as leisure

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Tennis without rackets is just volleyball

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>spend 100k on a tennis racket
            >never play tennis
            >only take your 100k tennis racket to the golf club

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Take tennis to the golf club
            >Just lie it out in the carpark next to all the others
            >Walk around talking about how great a tennis player you are

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

usually theyre talking about how great randy pobst could play tennis with their racket

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://rushautoworks.com/car_post/rush-sr/
            40k - gr86 money

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

if you have big money you can buy a radical sr8

405 bhp @ 1600lbs is the same power to weight as 810bhp roughly 700whp in a c5 corvette or 1012.5bhp 850whp in a 4000lb nucar

v8 that revs to 10.5k
            will do over 2g lateral

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Formula cars are by definition not sports cars.

>name one
            Mazda MX5

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I mean lets be honest, the miata is not a real sports car, its a lifestyle car with sporty styling, for new female drivers.
            Most people just call them girls (female) cars.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>a sports car in the most literal sense
            >"not a real sports car"

move the goalposts again babe

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>a road car in the most literal sense
            >Built for road use
            >Built according to road safety standards
            >Lights signals, reflectors as defined by standards for road use
            >Stereo, infotainment, heating and ice cold aircon
            >Seats and trim designed for comfort
            >Storage for luggage, and small items
            >Satnav

I mean let's be honest, this is an econobox, with no roof
            It's purely designed for road use, not a real sports car at all.
            Not even close.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

2/10 for getting me to reply, actually I'll give you a 4/10 because you did get me with that previous one.

>Lights
            kek

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Mhm, that satnav sure is essential sports equipment huh

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>literal
            Low IQ post.
            Would you like to try again?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Mhm, that satnav sure is essential sports equipment huh

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous
    • 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>uses historical facts

You are incorrect sports cars/ sport cars are made and used purely for sports use.
      You are thinking of lifestyle cars with sporty styling, like the gm corvette.
      Most people just call these hairdressers cars.

>nuh-huh muh feelings disagree
      Shut the frick up.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Uses feelings to try and pass of lifestyle cars and shitboxes as something they are not.
        >Gets upset be the real definitions of words
        YWNBAW, and your road car will never be a sport(s) car, its designed specifically for road use, mostly heading to get your nails done, or for coffee with the gals after the salon.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This is the correct definition. The earliest actual sports cars were not themselves considered race cars, but derived from race cars for the consumer (who were usually upper class) as a less practical "fun" car. Also in the same period touring cars were converted into sports cars. Mind you, this was in an era where race cars and normal production cars had near equal costs and it wasn't until later that strictly racing cars, and sports cars appeared. By the very definition of early "sports cars" including converted production touring cars the anon claiming that all sports cars must be race cars is wrong.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Lol no, thats a wall of cope, followed by another wall of cope, that looks suspiciously like samegayging.
        At least make an effort to change your posting style.
        3/10.
        Dismissed

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Actual schizo.
          Yeah, nevermind then.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I get that this is a bait thread now but

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I said dismissed.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Is this an anti-Miata thread or something? I don't even own one. I'm more into muscle cars.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No, its just that neither miats or muscles are sport(s) cars

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Muscle cars have been raced for decades though so by your definition they would be. I don't think anyone cares about whether muscle cars are considered sports cars or not though.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Actually no.
            Muscle cars are not designed purely for sports, they are road cars with angry styling and most people call them insecurity cars.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Muscle Car Derangement Syndrome

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The best part about muscle cars becoming unobtanium is the amount of gigaseethe they create merely by existing.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Not really, they are just getting started.
            We ha the EV gm camaro, mustang mach e, M3 by tesla and more to come

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

MGB mentioned

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Ah yes, the famous bri'ish road car, common amongst young female drivers from generations ago.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I honestly think they're really neat. They're also a fricking steal; it's so strange to me that there are so many people whining about not being able to snag a Miata when you can get MGBs for like $2000.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

"Neat" they may be, as that is that is subjective, the are not sport(s) cars, however.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

This is a really bad bait thread but I'm glad that we can get an actual good historical discussion about cars in it anyway.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Can partially confirm.
            Got mine for 600$, granted, I'm a little over 2000$ now to get it up and driving. (still not driving )

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

holy effortpost batman

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Based knower

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Samegayging
        Not based, shameful baka

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I hate that the IP counter was recently taken away.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I sleep comfy, blissfully aware of what sports cars really are.
            Like picrel

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Post yours

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

He doesn't have one. This is a troll thread that just happens to have an effortpost in it.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I know, but it makes me so grumpy-grouchie when people say that my 10yo consoomer shitbox is not a sports car ugh

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Sports cars are generally lighter, smaller and have good handling. Easy to park, easy to drive, easy to avoid accidents and cause less injuries to pedestrians.

For a single guy that just needs to get to work and occasionally buy some groceries, they are more than appropriate.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No, sports cars are generally good for the sports use that they are designed for purely.
      You are thinking of road cars.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>You are thinking of road cars.

Ok, I didn't realise we were talking about race cars that weren't drivable on public roads.

Then I guess it's just people who like collecting things. A lot of professional race drivers also have race car collections they don't ever drive.

I don't see how that's controversial.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

No worries, the clue is in the name!
          Sport(s) cars are for sport(s) use only.
          Sure you could collect sport(s) cars in the same way someone could collect other sport(s) equipment, like a ball used in a certain playoff game, or a jersey etc.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ok well no one but you thinks thats what sports cars are, so you can either stay seething and autistic or just change the word you use to describe certain things

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>no one but you thinks thats what sports cars are
            Ah, i see you are new here. This discussion comes up regularly, when a newfriend like yourself misunderstands words.
            You will just need to lurkmore, then you might finally get it.
            No, a shitbox is not a sport(s) car lol.
            No, a hairdressers car is not a sport(s) car lmao.
            Glad I could help!

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

yeah whatever

• 4 weeks ago
            TooZ

Glitter intensifies...

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Pretty much anyone can afford to buy a miata and drive it "spiritedly". Far fewer people can afford to race even a miata outside of cone-gayging.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>spiritedly
      Describe that.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

People that drive fast sports car and don't track them everyday are obviously larpers with small dicks.

• 4 weeks ago
      TooZ

The world is my racetrack, busboi.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What is the point of a penis for people that don't do any sex activities?

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

fashion symbol and status posturing

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Non sports car being used for sports
      I mean lets be honest, thats like using a broomstick as a pool cue

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They make you good at sports

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i like to pretend that im racing on the way home from work in my brz. i really am larping.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Dubs!

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous
  14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

most "sports cars" out the box cannot handle hot lapping and overheat their brakes and drivetrain when you use them for actual racing. "sporting" doesn't necessarily require an organized competition. you could call shooting a basketball by yourself sporting if you wanted to.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Exactly, it's just things done for fun. People don't realize that "motorsports" were originally just things done for fun too. Serious things were just called "races."

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>"sports cars"
      Like what?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *