What are you going to do in then future?

The conventional wisdom here is
>New cars are boring, gay and have too many computers and are too expensive so you should buy something used.
But what happens in 20 years when the current blobby ipad cars ARE the old used cars? Are you planning on keeping e30s and 240s running forever at incredible cost of time and money or will you give up?

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>planning on keeping e30s and 240s running forever at incredible cost of time and money
    this one, yeah. if for no other reason than to stick it to the man

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

yes.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>cuba
      based af. this is how car ownership should be. modern throw away lease culture is cancerous and it's polluting our planet with useless ipad goymobile junk while simultaneously making us dumber and more dull.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

none of those cars have their original powertrains or interiors.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

replace just what needs to be replaced. no need to throw the whole car away when 90% of it is fine. what point did you think you were making?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Because while I like long lasting things there's a limit to it. If you ever talk to an actual Cuban they'll tell you that those old cars are absolutely horrible to own. You don't even get to feel like you own a classic like here in the US because it's really some random Russian shitbox underneath.
            Communism has never resulted in anything good. Look how rough those shitboxes look. Is that really what you want for society?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Is that really what you want for society?
            if the alternative is everyone zipping around in automated EV cuckpods then yes.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's a false dichotomy but I would never choose to live in poverty

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>That's a false dichotomy
            it's literally the premise of the thread. stop replying to me.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

This. Those cars can't even really be driven faster than 20mph. Their structures/steering/suspension/brakes are all fricked. All our beloved shitboxes will need a complete restoration/restomod eventually which people are going to have less and less money for in the future. Only increasingly rich people will be able to have reliable, simple, sporty analog/mechanical cars that don't meticulously survey and punish them after a long enough period of time, at least the way things are going now. I hate it

That's a false dichotomy but I would never choose to live in poverty

This is the real problem, but both the current regime's laws and manufacturers' refusal to sell anything but $100,000 crossovers to women because the individual profit margins are higher will never allow decent vehicles to be made anymore. The cars themselves are only going to get more expensive from here as more get crashed and the dangers and shortcomings of modern vehicles become more obvious to normies. A Chevrolet SS is gonna be 6 figures with 6 digit mileage soon

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>ship of theseus

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Implying that thought experiment is a bad thing
            >ngmi
            Theres 2 types of car enthusiasts.
            Ones that keep going
            And ones that give up.

I own old mitsubishis and ill never stop wrenching on them. I simply do not care for any other ride than the ones I own and plan to amass more of.
            Older cars (90s down) have tech working with analog. Now it's analog working for tech which has ruined the driving experience. I don't give a frick what it costs I'm maintaining my shit to the end.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

But anon, what makes your Mitsubishis, your MITSUBISHIS? What about the car really defines it as a Mitsubishi for you?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>What makes it a mitsubishi
            The engineer in me says
            All wheel drive, turbocharged, transverse motor
            The driver in me says
            Planted traction, impeccable low rpm torque, and the blood diamond emblem badge.
            The mechanic in me says, it's my mitsubishi because I've touched every component inside and out. Therefore I'm the caretaker or warden of my ride.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I used to have a 1990 NA GTO awd, jap delivery, but parts were hard as frick to find. It was a truly awesome and fun car but I sold it and bought an AU3 XR6 VCT

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>cuba
      based af. this is how car ownership should be. modern throw away lease culture is cancerous and it's polluting our planet with useless ipad goymobile junk while simultaneously making us dumber and more dull.

i wonder if american traffic would look more like this if american people valued taking care of what they have more, instead of just abusing shit til it breaks and then throwing it out. the blend of old and new is really fascinating.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

it's funny that every boomer that owned cars like this all regret getting rid of them in exchange for 2012 honda civics

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

there are enough spare parts made to keep my car running until the end of my life

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Even the ipad in the dashboard?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

yes. it's from the mid 2000s and easily can still take aftermarket headunits

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

bold of you to assume they wont ban that thing outright in the next few years

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Only California will ban it because they don't want you to drive anyway

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Go ahead, when the federales come around in their ev shitboxes you just fricking ram into em hehe

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Glow Black folk pursue in homosexual EV
          >Use trap door deployed nail mines
          >Glow Black person battery explodes

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You think pressurized water tanks would work? Maybe with enough shrapnel to pierce the battery and get things wet and explody?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>go ahead, take it from me

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

USA can't even ban tiktok in a timely manner, what makes you think they can ban The Patriot?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>ban
        that's why all my cars are/soon over 25yrs old and on 'antique' plates.
        When the bans come, I figure there will be exemptions for agriculture and antique plated stuff as a 'both parties come together' concession only effecting a few or create a popular loophole that skyrockets the price of shitboxes even more

https://i.imgur.com/MBuYRmQ.jpg

My daily driver is 40 years old already, it'll be fine when it's 60 and will need minimal upkeep to hit that age. I'll probably be driving something even older by then.

based and OM617-pilled. it will outlive us all.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

two more weeks, troonsisters!

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

remember when the govt tried to implement a nationwide 55 mph speed limit? even most cops didn't give a shit kek

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

by the time they get around to fully banning ICE the govt will be so broke and incompetent that they cant enforce any laws
        you wont even need insurance or plates in the 2030s at the rate we're going

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Only if you're commiefornian.
        US and Canadian governments can't do shit and won't do shit about it. They are too incompetent to do anything and care more about gay shit with foreign aid at cost of ruining lives of civilians financially to appeal israelites.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Greased Geese

i will denounce the talmud

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Oh shit up newbie, p was right about you. You don't fir in.
      Get over it.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just buy an ND

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Going back to horse and cart

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My daily driver is 40 years old already, it'll be fine when it's 60 and will need minimal upkeep to hit that age. I'll probably be driving something even older by then.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Very nice. I always wonder for guys like you that daily it, how do you manage in the snow with salted roads?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

not that guy, but good winter tires, careful driving, and undercoating go a long way
        not the rubber adhesive undercoating, but the oil or wax based kind, give the undercarriage a good wash before applying then wash it off in the spring
        also dont be afraid to DIY rust repair and repaint if need be, dont be a sperg who needs all original sheet metal and VIN matching parts

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My car's aftermarket scene is incredibly huge
    I could build a carbon copy of my current car using parts that I bought online

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Are you planning on keeping e30s and 240s running forever at incredible cost of time and money
    It isn't.
    People are manufacturing (Even NISMO itself) parts to this day, for the R32/Z32/S-chassis vehicles. If you have a golden age 90s Nissan, you are good.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The same is true for Z33/Z34/FM platform vehicles
      I don't know why these cars are so popular among aftermarket buyers and ricers, but it helps keep things cheap for people like you and I so whatever

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Are you planning on keeping e30s and 240s running forever at incredible cost of time and money or will you give up?
    Not incredible time or money lol
    It's really easy to beat paying 50k for a goypod

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>It's really easy to beat paying 50k for a goypod
      even if that's true that means it's mandatory that cars are your only hobby. If you're fine with that then I guess it would work for you. But that also means cars will become an esoteric hobby where you can't really talk to many people about it. I think that's a shame.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

They already are if you're past being a 0-60Black person

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You can brand new custom built LS engines that will last 200k easy with regular maintenance for less than $15k. That's one year of goypod payments. How fricked is your head that you think keeping an old car running is far more expensive than eternal thousand dollar monthly payments?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

your taking your time into account. Do you think your time is worthless?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

*not

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Some people genuinely enjoy waking up on a Sunday morning, slapping their wife’s ass, having a cup of coffee and then spend the rest of the morning wrenching on their car.

I think it’s a function of testosterone

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

your taking your time into account. Do you think your time is worthless?

Exactly right. I enjoy spending the day working on my vehicles, especially if I'm not stressing out to get them back on the road by Monday morning. I grew up helping my father and uncles rebuild engines. A friend has a spec miata car whose conversion I helped with a good bit. My 2012 6.2L F150 has 200k and I actually look forward to the rebuild. Would love to try a 7.3 godzilla swap but my garage isn't big enough for the truck to sit for a long time.

You talk about time, so how much time will you spend working to pay for that extra $45k in goypod payments?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Okay Black person, add $1000 to the total cost for a weekend of your time. Guess what, you're still getting out ahead.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>You can brand new custom built LS engines that will last 200k easy with regular maintenance for less than $15k.

Oh? why haven't you done that then?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The time has not yet arrived but that is my exact plan.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Based and true

>You can brand new custom built LS engines that will last 200k easy with regular maintenance for less than $15k.

Oh? why haven't you done that then?

I'll just swap motors out of this thing until the end of days

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

what if a woman in an suv t bones you?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That crack in the bottom of that concrete beam doesn't look too good...
            Beautiful car though. Stay safe.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's already a hobby I can't talk to many people about because even car gays don't get it.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

Can't deny that, it definitely turns a lot more heads than its competition. It even competes with porsches and vettes among normies in my personal experience

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

by the time I need to buy a post 2010 shitbox I plan to be a father and not care about muh fwd, mub inline poor, muh mcdonalds, etc

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

the day I can't have a shitbox is the day I will put a vtwin on a wheelbarrow and that will be my final car.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I plan to be a father and not care about muh fwd, mub inline poor, muh mcdonalds, etc
      It wont stop. I'm a father of 4 and still care about this. If you're competent you don't have to worry about cost since you can do everything yourself, and if your wife loves you she will be supportive of your hobbies rather than a nag.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The good cars today will be known as the last ICE enthusiast cars so yes in the future you WILL come back around on your bad takes

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What are these?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

GR Yaris and GR Corolla in Japan. Only Japan and Australia get these two cars within the same country.

you're just moving the goal posts. Those cars are considered troony computer shitboxes. Besides even if you're completely right all that means is that I'm off by 20 years. Not incorrect.

troony this troony that, you know all cars are, yes even the one you drive

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

you're just moving the goal posts. Those cars are considered troony computer shitboxes. Besides even if you're completely right all that means is that I'm off by 20 years. Not incorrect.

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

cool it with the antisemitism

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

yes keep the pashion running through the preservation of cars kinda if like ex-driver where dedicated enthusiasts keep cars running at all costs to pass it to the next generation. To simply give up now is weak minded!

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

demoralization post? yeah I'm gonna drive my old shit forever sorry lol even if I have to fabricate parts and frames

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Are you planning on keeping e30s and 240s running forever at incredible cost of time and money or will you give up?
    yes. my youngest car is 23 years old. at worst ill just swap in the whatever engine at the time has the most available fuel into one of my cars so i can move around more easily and call it a day.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

yes

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

build one

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I want a factory5 818 so bad. The 65 would be awesome too, just not a huge coyote fan.

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

cars today you have to use equipment that phones home to the manufacturer's servers to reprogram modules when they fail
    that means the cars will be unrepairable after the manufacturers shut down these systems (and they will shut them down)
    the only way today's Black person-designed ipad homosexualmobiles are going to be running 30 years from now is with complete powertrain swaps to either carbureted or universal fuel injection engines/transmissions.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

all that's needed is a new computer or modified software. You don't need to swap the entire power train

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

nobody is going to create new computers for all the thousands of combinations of different cars out there. the software running modern cars is incredibly complex

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You don't need a different computer for everything. You just need something like a raspberry pi and have open source software that you can set up whatever your car has in it. Ultimately every car is the same. You just need to know the engine specs and what sensors you want to connect

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Couldn't you just use a microsquirt?

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>after years of calling me poor DA finally wakes up to the nucar menace

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

My newest car is 12 years old and I can't see myself buying anything newer than that.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

you're still poor though moron

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>But what happens in 20 years when the current blobby ipad cars ARE the old used cars?

I swap in an old fashioned instrument cluster. Which probably will have already happened since those screens will all be dead in 10 years.

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Import 25+ year old third world cars that were never globohomo'd.

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You are already 20 years late in asking this question.
    I was the guy who snapped up multiple rolling S30 chassis for $500.
    I've bought two e31's for less than $1000, delivered to my driveway.
    I just bought 4 windshields for storage (protip: if 240z/280z show no stock, have them lookup 260z)

TLDR: get a good desirable car, then buy 4 more like it. Then buy all the 30yr old closeout parts for pennies when rockauto lists em.

25. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>assuming the blobby ipad cars will even make it past 20 years
    Im not saying they're not reliable enough to last, but I am saying the current car culture is very wasteful and will probably scrap/trade-in most of these cars by 20 years

26. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>at incredible cost of time and money or will you give up?

You know theres 50 year old fun cars driving around just fine right?

27. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm going to sit on my project car for the next 40 years, then sell the rusted out chassis for outrageous amounts of money to future clout-chasers.

28. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Tesla is plenty fast and exciting.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *