what are your thoughts on using used tires?

what are your thoughts on using used tires?

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

moron idea

paying $35 for a worn out used tire with 15k of life versus $100 for a good new tire
    math time
    >$35/15000 = $0.0023 per mile
    >$100/65000 = $0.0015 per mile

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>65,000 miles of tire life
      okay grandma, what about buying used non-2000tw rated tires

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>putting anything TW less than 680 on your commute DD
        Bro I wish there was a 2000 grade.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>what about buying used non-2000tw rated tires
        that's even more moronic, cause then there's even less life in em and you usually pay nearly the same as you would for a new pair

• 2 months ago
      s10fag

when ""used"" tires have 8/32+ tread, this math doesnt matter. Amerilards waste so much, take advantage of it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

doesn't matter at all for DA wagies, you aren't doing frequent burnouts with 300+ WHP
      none of you have ever owned a vehicle where the tire matters for normal driving use, or costs enough for it to be an issue

>$100 for a new tire
      ah, yes, I too enjoy LingLongs

>what are your thoughts on using used tires?

The used tires probably have a lot of life in them if they came from my car. I tend to get new tires when about 2/3 of the tread is used up. Why get new tires so soon? That's because my policy is to put the new tires on the rear wheels BUT perform no rotations. When the front wheels wear down to about 2/3, it is time to replace them. I move the rear wheels to the front. Then add the two new tires to the rear. This way, the tires on the car are never "old" because the previously oldest tires on the car were moved from the rear to the front. Those tires are essentially new as my car puts very little wear on the rear tires.

Another reason I can do this "two tire" purchase is because there are rarely any good sales of "Buy 3 get one at 50%" since inflation hit in 2021. So, might as well just buy two tires at a time.

it hasn't been "buy 3, get 1 free" in like 5 years at least
      now it's always buy 4 tires totalling >$900, get $100 off

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>it hasn't been "buy 3, get 1 free" in like 5 years at least
        >now it's always buy 4 tires totaling >$900, get $100 off
        non dude it's
        >buy 4 tires get $200 off in a few weeks after you sign up and buy them with our credit card.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How much of a poor mexican are you? Can’t wait til it’s too expensive for you morons to drive

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Use them for my spare

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Or you could buy a new $40 tire that lasts 80k.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I use used tires on my car ever since I drove away from the tire shop with a new set of tires on.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

OP you are a broke b***h. If you can't afford the cheapest option at Walmart or off of amazon, you can't afford to be driving.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

why would i go with the cheapest option when I can get used Michelin tires you fricking dumbass?

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>what are your thoughts on using used tires?

The used tires probably have a lot of life in them if they came from my car. I tend to get new tires when about 2/3 of the tread is used up. Why get new tires so soon? That's because my policy is to put the new tires on the rear wheels BUT perform no rotations. When the front wheels wear down to about 2/3, it is time to replace them. I move the rear wheels to the front. Then add the two new tires to the rear. This way, the tires on the car are never "old" because the previously oldest tires on the car were moved from the rear to the front. Those tires are essentially new as my car puts very little wear on the rear tires.

Another reason I can do this "two tire" purchase is because there are rarely any good sales of "Buy 3 get one at 50%" since inflation hit in 2021. So, might as well just buy two tires at a time.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>what are your thoughts on used condoms?

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Its dumb. New ones at Walmart costs ~$50. Old ones at old tire centers costs ~$40. 40 x 4 = $160. 50 x 4 = $200. Plus you get warranty from the new ones, both from walmart auto center and from the tire manufacturer itself. New ones come with ~50K miles tread warranty too. Where as, with old ones, they wear out <10K miles prob. Its a no brainer

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the only time i went out and bought used tires was when i owned two absolute shitboxes. like sub 900$ junkers. One was a caddy with blown air in the back so it frickin ate rubber before it ate the headgaskets. Then a clapped bonnie that was on its last legs. The only time to buy used rubbers is when you dont care about the car at all

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yeah. If you need tires but are pretty sure you're going to be selling the car within a year, you may get by with used instead of new.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

As long as the tread is good, and the date code is within 5 years.
    Mainly buying it for the rims anyways.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Anyone who needs to buy used tires has no business owning a car in the first place. I fricking hate poor people so much.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You ARE poor tho, anon

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Post bus pass

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I never had a good experience.

Never had a car in high school, incel?

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Having all used mismatched tires is pants on head moronic, but IMHO it's totally fine getting a cheap one with decent tread left in a pinch when the actual proper new tire places are closed and you don't have a donut. When my younger sister had a blowout I bought one for 30$ for my Solara so I could drive it home rather than pay for a tow truck, and it did it's job making it somewhat driveable until I was able to get a fresh set on. It's a last resort to be able to drive your car home and I feel used tire shops have its place solely for that reason.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

well im using my tyres so i guess im using used tyres heh

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

poorgay shit

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Only for my beater car because its 20 dollars including fitting.
    Tires are extremely overrated if you dont drive like a moron on coke.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'd only get used tires for doing burn outs

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

What are your thoughts on using used brake pads.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *