What are your tricks for making a dealer/mechanic diagnose your car for free or for a small fee and then wrench it yourself once he has told you every...

What are your tricks for making a dealer/mechanic diagnose your car for free or for a small fee and then wrench it yourself once he has told you everything wrong or things that you should check?

After a while, he will notice that you never do the repairs at his place, do you just move on to the next mechanic.

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i diagnose my shitboxes myself and wrench them myself
    it isn't that hard really

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Easy for you to say.

I'm just now getting into wrenching.
      Look at pic related. List of stuff to check, I'm gonna have to research each and everything on it.

Ant it stops at 180000km. My car is already almost double that.

On top of that, something could malfunction but I wont know what, no choice but to go to a mechanic to at least try to find out what. Hence my thread.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Why would there be different maintenance schedules for different countries?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I guess different environment (cold or warm, desert shitholes with sand, developped countries with clean road etc)

but please, this is my thread, I'm the one asking quesitons here so refrain from it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Shut up homosexual. Why are you gay?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

probably because the fuel quality is different enough for that

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You don't have to research any of that. Here's a list: Accept no substitions.
        Engine oil, diff oil, transmission fluid: RED LINE
        Filters: HENGST
        Spark plugs: NGK
        Everything else doesn't matter as much.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Here is list: spark plugs? Diesels don't have those
          Oil? Once a year generic 5w30

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Spark plugs are on his list of shit he thinks he needs to research.
            LOL @ diesel

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Oil was literally the first thing on my list.
            LOL @ generic oil
            This board fricking sucks at liking cars holy frick

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

> You have to pay more for oil because it has more special letters on the bottle

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

you have a pattern recognizing brain use it
        you can see that the maintenance schedule has a pattern you can follow even with 360000km on odo
        also some of those checks are things that you don't really have to check or replace like coolant
        why would you replace your coolant if it is fine

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Dude, half of that stuff you “inspect” by driving your normally and noting anything you think might be abnormal. “All Electrical System” means that if your lights and ignition work and there’s no warning lights on your dash, you’re good. Nuts, bolts, frame inspection, tire inspection, battery, all the stuff like that is just looking for rust, cracks, and normal operation while driving. Disc brakes are the most advanced thing on there, and even that’s nothing that you wouldn’t do if you changed your own brakes. Spark plugs you just pull the boot off and wrench out of their chambers and look at the tips and compare them to new ones. If you’re not getting misfires they’re fine. Steering linkage, ball joints, suspension, hoses, belts, all of that stuff, just get under your car and under the hood. Make sure nothing is too rusted, cracked, or leaking. For fuel filter you just unscrew it from both ends, drain it, and inspect the shit that comes out. Blowing into one end and having a strong gust of air come out the other end means it clear of clogs. Oil filter gets changed with every oil change unless you buy one that’s rated for mileage than the oil. All fluids are under the hood and you just check to make sure they are leaking out or contaminated with water or dirt.

Don’t short change a mechanic just because you don’t realize how easy it is to inspect your own shit.

2. 2 months ago
    Kevin Van Dam

This lady whose car I work on from time to time but don’t always have time to chase down leaks and squeaks when she gives me the dumbest description of the problem, I tell her to go get an oil change at the dealer and they will give her a list of shit that needs service plus an estimate.

Although it’s not nearly perfect, some days they’re slacking and barely check anything, other days they write up a bunch of unnecessary bullshit because they want a fat payday.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Oil change Black folk will say a lot of shit needs servicing when it doesn't, it's more of an indicator of what works correctly in your car

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Idk op I thought it was good bait. Thought the flat rate wagies would come in droves seething.

4. 2 months ago
    s10fag

>trying to rip off the professional con artists
    >prerequisites: be a dumbass wrenchlet

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Do you think they wouldn't have knowhow to desl with a rookie cheapshot like you. Usually they play dumb and say leave it here for further inspecting and fix. Diagnose time is pay time Cannot see problem this short duration.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

meanwhile, africans and other thirdies routinely daily-drive cars that would be instantly seized and sent to the crusher in most countries

>everything missing or broken
    >no lights
    >no glass
    >spewing fumes
    >leaking everywhere
    >rattling and sputtering
    >0 fricks given

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Because it moves therefore good

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *