What blower do you guys use to dry your car?

What blower do you guys use to dry your car?

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Having a dedicated one would be nice but I use an Echo 755t after cleaning the intake vents. It is a simple joy to use a large backpack blower. More often though I use one of those waffle drying towels.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Using a blower

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Hands on
      Yikes

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>What blower do you guys use
    yo mama

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I usually just drive it for a few minutes or just don't dry it. Drying a vehicle, even with a microfiber or chamois does a lot of damage to the clearcoat - using a leaf blower in a clean area would probably be ideal.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>even with a microfiber or chamois does a lot of damage to the clearcoat

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You're dragging a mildly-abrasive thing with very little lubrication across the paint. That's how you get swirled clearcoat, then you're going to polish it often because of the swirls, then you'll have no clearcoat left and fading spots of paint.
        Water sitting on the car isn't going to harm it, water spots may 'look ugly' but again why not just air dry it?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>That's how you get swirled clearcoat
          Has never happened. Must be user error. Water spots from hard water deposits on the other-hand will etch into the paint. Blow drying might evaporate the water but mineral deposits will remain on the paint. If you're washing with super soft water then air drying is fine.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I don't get why you're so ego driven about this. When I was a kid I used a scrub brush to wash and a bath towel to dry, now I've learned techniques to minimize damage to the paint. I'm telling you an obvious truth, it's okay to learn better ways of doing things.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How do I get rid of swirls?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You either live with them or use polish to wear the rest of the clearcoat down to where the swirls are.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Damnnn

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Some little homosexual keyed my car down through the base coat. What should I do about it?

Note: He already got away so beating him to death with a tire iron isn't an option.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's rough. You could get one of those touch-up paint pens or brushes along with a clearcoat one then polish clearcoat you brushed on to the rest. If it's deep enough that you see metal it could start rusting, so you'll want to seal it at least.
            You could go to a shop and have them do it, I assume that'd involve sanding and repainting a whole area but idk.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Trump 2025 sticker
            Or alternately RFK Jr

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

what did you do to that person?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I parked in a parking lot and left my car unsupervised. I assume it was some dumbass preteen, they carved a straight line down the side all the way through the paint and did a piss poor job of scrawling a crude swastika in the clear coat. I'm not even a queer or a israelite, I think I was just a target of opportunity.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Is it cheaper to buy a new spoiler or repaint it? My coat is peeling

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

IDK. I know what to do to prevent damage but I'm not a body / paint guy. I bought my car with a very faded spoiler and I just said "frick it."

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Feels bad man

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Swirls are most often caused by automatic car washes, not microfibers and chamois cloths. Maybe your cars have garbage paint and clearcoat and then you might actually be correct, but I've never had the problems you're saying I should have.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It usually takes years for the damage to build-up and most people don't even care or notice. But, since we are talking about the topic, air drying does damage the paint the least of all options and it's basically free.
            >Swirls are most often caused by automatic car washes, not microfibers and chamois cloths.
            Both. Here's the thing, tiny bits of dirt, rock, leaves, etc build-up on your cloths / mitts and no matter how much you wipe and clean your stuff or use 3 buckets or whatever, you'll always be pressing little chunks of shit into the paint. It's the worst with drying because you don't have a layer of lubrication to work with.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

touchless is by far the best option yes, but this is why you use long fiber microfiber towels to dry the car. you do NOT press and drag the towel on the car. You either lay and tap it slightly or grab the corners and drag it with only its own bodyweight as a support. Dont even bother replying if you dont pre-wash your car before drying or even hand washing.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

100mph sprint usually takes care of everything except the glass

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Jet

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>What blower do you guys use to dry your car?
    3rd gear

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Is that you Luffy?

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The plug in ones

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Milwaukee cordless. It actually works pretty well and knocks off 80% of the water and makes drying much faster with the microfiber.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

sorry, but I am the wind blowing sand and metal into your blower to hit your paint.
    Was having a bad day, hope you can cope.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You dumb

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What if there were, like, some kinda, filter, ya' know, for the air coming in? Wouldn't that be wild?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What is that?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

An air filter for a leaf blower. Possibly the one for the 1-cyl engine, but you get the point, air can be and is filtered easily.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Thats for the motor not for the blown air

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ASL?

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>no one has posted THE blower
    Disappointing thread

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>no one has posted THE blower
      I think I gotchu senpai.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

We lack funnies.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

My downloads folder is almost 40GB with no subfolders. I searched for "skull" but didn't get a pic of the blower and I'm too goddamned lazy to look.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I use demineralized water to rinse my car
    sorry not sorry USAcucks

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Eurocucks like you aren't even allowed to wash their car

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'm not a fr*nch

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Decriminalized water
      Try all you want.

Used to do the whole clay thing until I got sick of correcting enamel with no clear.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

big guns baby

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Surprised his twiglegs can hold back the awesome power of a leaf blower.

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

DUNDUNDUNDUN
    U
    N

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *