What diagnostics tool do you use?

Been using a cheap diagnostics tool I got for the last two years, too often I need to reset codes or see what's the specific DTC to troubleshoot further

anybody have experience with android softwares? working on european / american cars and would be dope to find something dirt cheap / free

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I run a iCarsoft CR Pro

Decent screen, good buttons, plenty of functions. The only thing I struggle with on mine are forced DPF-regens, which it refuses to do on any cars I've tested

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>iCarsoft CR Pro
      I use this to. Works fine for my eu, us and jdm cars.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Let me guess ,EPA would destroy it if it allowed to do so

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

No idea, I don't live in the US

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I use an ELM327 bluetooth dongle and an ipad but it's very limited with live data you can read.
    i work on pre-obd cars mostly but I do run into obdii cars where i need to see live data or do a bidirectional test. sometimes i need to program keys as well. all of those scanners that can do that are nearly $1K. I don't know if it's worth it to invest in one. All of the companies seem very Chinese (topdon, thinktool)

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Triton D10

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I use a 50 dollar obd2 reader I got from autozone to clear codes just long enough to pass inspection..

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

can you elaborate please?

I thought they won't clear inspection because it hasn't reset yet and you need to drive more so the car can evaluate everything

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

This only works if you have an intermittent code that only pops up if you do certain things. I have a persistent idownstream O2 sensor code that pops ups up when I rev the engine hard for some reason so when I need to inspect it I clear the code and drive it around the DMV parking lot nice and slow for a couple minutes to make the computer happy and then pull into the inspection bay. Doesn't work every time but it only has to work once to get the sticker.
        Yes I have changed the O2 sensor and cleaned the MAF sensor. Previous owner redid the exhaust and I think it has something to do with that.

• 2 months ago
        Bepis

Like other anon said. I did it with a bad o2 sensor too. You have to drive just enough to get the parameters back to “ready”, but not long enough to trigger the code. There’s often a few miles in there between “Not Ready” and not so serious codes popping up.

If you’re going through that effort though, just replace the goddamn failed $50 part.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have a cable to my laptop and run BMW diag software

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Some $20 generic scanner. Works well with generic brands like Ford. Does not work with esotheric cars like volvo v40 from 1999

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Not cheap, I use an autel maxisys ultra with the 4 channel scope and accessory kit

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

https://www.amazon.com/LAUNCH-Automotive-Diagnostic-Transmission-Throttle/dp/B07RK9GCK3
    this works great and gives you dealer level bidirectional access to most modules on most cars. mine has paid for itself several times.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yeah Launch is one of the best from what I have seen, professional level.
      There was one variation that had bluetooth dongle and software you can install on an android phone but might be discontinued.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

basically trying to verify if someone has or can do it. looking into it

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Does anyone here have any experience with the Delphi DS150E clones?

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I got a Launch CRP129 or something like that in november, pretty basic can do some things with some modules, but for reading and clearing codes is nice

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

kys, I got the AssLicker Turbo Lasser II, end your miserable cargay life Black person

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>What diagnostics tool do you use?
    The 2nd cheapest at walmart

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

USB to OBDII port and forscan on muh laptop, stethoscope and multimeter.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

ista+

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The newest vehicle I own is OBD1 and I use a snap-on MT2500.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Nothing. My car uses some weird obd2 protocol that never works on any scanner, the check engine light is useless because it wont flash any codes either.

Never had the car break though so never had to need a scanner in the first place

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

What car?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

any 1996-2000 model I guess. Chinky bluetooth obd2 works on my 2002 if that counts.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Oh yeah if you're not in the US they may not actually be OBD2 despite being 96+, other countries didn't all mandate it at the same time.

• 2 months ago
          s10fag

my 93 metro has a chevy style obd1 connector but the scan tool wont pull codes, there was a special fuse i pulled to get it to flash codes, i didnt look into it beyond that

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *