What exactly is the purpose of "luxury cars" in the current year?

What exactly is the purpose of "luxury cars" in the current year? So many of the features that once set them apart have been utterly democratized. 20 years ago most cars were fricking dog ass. Cheap cloth seats with a cd player if you were lucky and manual locks/windows/seats/everything. Now any 30-40k sedan has heated and ventilated seats, big touchscreen with bluetooth, navigation, 360 cameras, powered everything, remote start. Luxury cars are actually worse because they make their screens the main selling point which means they make you use the screen to do just about everything with no physical buttons, but they also clutter the frick out of it with 200 menus and widgets and bullshit for your 11 different drive modes, "arts" and "experiences" and "scents" and other bullshit you will literally never use, if you do get a button then lol it's not a real button it's capacitive. and they're not even fast anymore unless you're willing to pay $10k for the upgraded engine. a new 5 series weighs 4500lbs and has a 4 cylinder. I mean imagine paying 60 grand for a BMW and you can't even hang with a Prius.

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Try a real luxury vehicle not that Arab magnet bullshit.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>amerimutt
      >luxury

Nice one

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

gay

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

This thread is going to be nothing but poorgay cope
    No your Mazda6 or F150 doesn't have nearly as nice of an interior as a 5 series, and no you sure as hell can't compare interiors by looking at pictures on the internet

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

"you can't compare interiors by looking at pictures" sounds like something someone would say if they realized they just spent $75000 to turn on their heated steering wheel with a screen

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>poorgay doesn't even realize that heated surfaces are all automatic
        lmaoing at your lives

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The i5 isn't a luxury car. BMWs aren't luxury cars necessarily. The 7 series, yes. The 3 series? Not really. I have 4 BMWs by the way.

my alfa romeo has excellent steering, loads up beautifully around a corner, uses real and thick leather, doesn't beat me up, and makes great noises. fast, too.
      they market it as a sports car, not a luxury car.
      I drove a ghibli, too, and the new model I test drove against the giulia already had squeaky, creaky, cheap plastic

"Based," to use the parlance of our times

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

i5 is damn near as quiet as the 7 series when cruising at 80mph. The G60 has been described as more of a baby 7 series than a 5 series

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Quietness doesn't make something a luxury car. Luxury cars are cars that the owner can be chauffeured in.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>it doesn't count because I said so
            Guess the 7 series also doesn't count because the rear is mostly made for rich kids and not the owner, BMW's answer to cars that you can be chauffeured in is a Rolls Royce
            Oh wait...

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>RR Wraith
            >SHEEIIIIT homie SHEKELSTEIN GAVE ME HELLA ADVANCE FO MA ALBUM FINNA BUY ME A ROLLS homie

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, quietness still doesn't make a car a luxury car. Otherwise first gen priuses would be luxury cars. And so would every electric car.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Prius is loud as frick at speed
            >And so would every electric car
            Clearly you haven't driven many, if any EVs. There's a huge difference between Tesla shit and BMW shit

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>because the rear is mostly made for rich kids and not the owner
            LOL what the FRICK does this even mean? Have you even seen the back of a new 7 series?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Have you never seen who drives a new 7 series? It's not a chauffeur. Someone who can afford to hire a c**t full time to drive them around can afford a Rolls Royce over a 7 series

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

And this somehow means you cannot be chauffeured in a 7 series? The 7 series was always a luxury car that is also fun for the driver. Probably not the case anymore, but it used to be with the E38.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You can be chauffeured in anything with back seats, but a Rolls Royce is designed to be chauffeured in

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>designed to be chauffeured in
            Yeah just like the 7 series and S class

?si=qUvDDzCHemok77fY

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If it doesn't have a partition between the driver and passenger then it isn't designed to be chauffeured in

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

LOL @ your homosexual goalpost moving. Keep thinking the gay ass i5 is luxury car hahahahaha

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

coping poor

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

How is me knowing that the i5 isn't a luxury car poor cope? How moronic are you?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You see what you're doing right now? That's called coping

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

? The i5 literally isn't a luxury car. How is that coping? What exactly am I coping with lol

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>it's not a luxury car because... because I said so!
            Yeah anon was right, you morons know absolutely nothing about cars

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Hahahahaha if you think the 5 series is a luxury car you're fricking moronic. I have 3 5 series by the way.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You don't even have a driver's license

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Damn you got me

https://i.imgur.com/Jbx253H.jpg

Have you seen the back of the new 5 series?

Disgusting.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Have you seen the back of the new 5 series?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>OMG TELEVISION NOW I CAN WATCH MY HOLYWOOD PEDO SHOWS ANYWHERE!!!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Almost like it's the same as the back of the new 7 series, you know the car anon said was a luxury car because of the back seats?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>OMG TELEVISION NOW I CAN WATCH MY HOLYWOOD PEDO SHOWS ANYWHERE!!!

You dumb asses would soi face over a Toyota Century being "muh real luxury car", but would you look at that, a TV in the back to watch your Hollywood pedo shows

Fricking homosexuals, you know nothing about cars. Get the frick off this board

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>hollywood pedo shows
            bot post

• 2 months ago
            ricer killer

>you know nothing about cars
            You have 0 tools, prove me wrong.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>same as the back of the new 7 series
            Kek what a fricking moron

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>his dumb ass still can't articulate a damn point

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>ebonics

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>no wood
            I get that the poverty tier volume sales models don't need wood trim because it's oit of style with the younger crowd but this is a 7-Series. The (first) owners are all +65yo millionaires. A touch of old world glamour should be mandatory on every 7-Series

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

moron bro???

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I said it should be mandatory. Thanks for reinforcing the point that it's only optional.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>a few cents of wood = luxury
            >a few cents of CF or aluminum isn't
            >"no it HAS to have those few cents fo wood!"
            How many times are you going to move the goalposts?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Once, when they were first set up. Exposed aluminium and carbon fibre panels are not tradition or luxury.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>It's tradition because I said so
            Wood was used because it was cheap

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>because it was cheap
            Like aluminium and black textile basketweave are cheap now. Just say you don't have any taste and move on.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

And wood is still cheap. You're just going to keep arguing in circles though because you quite literally have no arguments
            >woah check out this heckin' luxury car it has wood trim!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>wood is still cheap
            Depends on what you do with it, but your complete lack for any nuance in between materials, workmanship and design perfectly tracks with you also being aesthetically handicapped in general.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Hilarious coming from the moron with no real world experience with anything other than a used Hyundai

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I have a humble W204 C300 Sport. Not sure what you're on about mate. Stay mad I guess.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>I have a humble W204
            NTA, but aren't they dull and unrefined as frick compared even to the cars of the same time period? I've driven one and everything from the suspension to the stalks on the steering column felt stiff and wooden in a bad way. The car itself felt heavy and disconnected from the road, but not as a Cadillac, more like an old BoF truck. The interior was also nothing to write home about, but having an IR smart key is funny.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Is that a fricking display screen?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Touch screen to control the main screen

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It seems to not even be poor cope, but some sort of combination of wrenchlet, drivelet, feellet, knowledgelet, enthusiastlet, fwdlet cope. The sentiment that a brand new gay ass fwd disposable car is more fun or nicer to drive than a 20 or even 30 year old BMW, Citroen, Lancia, Mercedes, or Porsche proves that.
      Oh and well lookie here:
      >Verification not required

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It's strange how a board about cars knows so little about cars. Curious, don't you think?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

/k/ is the same way about weapons, it's not off brand for DA

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

All German interiors are dogshit

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

not that you're right, but it wouldn't matter anyways when the f150 is a shitload more comfortable and nicer to drive than anything BMW has ever made

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

No it’s not, by 93 million miles.

F-150 is a piece of shit. A basic b***h 80’s car is better.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

luxury cars are poorgay cope. rich people don't want to stand out.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

All those poorgays in private jets and mega yatchs sure don't want to stand out

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Sound deadening. That's where the weight comes from.
    Also a soft suspension.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You make good points. My friend's 2019 MB GLC already had torn seats - very thin leather hide to save money.
    The ride and experience wasn't better than a Passport or Highlander either. Disappointing. It had some metal buttons which did feel nice, but that's it.

I guess they still have superior sound deadening and stereo systems - to directly answer your question.

The main point - luxury vehicles have tremendous social capital. The brand and design is what many people chase.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

my alfa romeo has excellent steering, loads up beautifully around a corner, uses real and thick leather, doesn't beat me up, and makes great noises. fast, too.
    they market it as a sports car, not a luxury car.
    I drove a ghibli, too, and the new model I test drove against the giulia already had squeaky, creaky, cheap plastic

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

yeah I went from an Accord to a Giulia (which is merely "premium", not an actual luxury car)
      on paper the features are similar: both have navigation, infotainment, memory seats and mirrors, heated seats, leather upholstery, sunroof, blind spot monitoring, etc
      but the Giulia is faster, handles better, and is more engaging to drive (steering/brake/accelerator all feel better) while also being quieter and more comfortable inside, having a better sound system, and more capability in bad weather (AWD vs FWD)
      it's literally a better car in every way and the only reason you'd choose the Accord is because it's cheaper to buy and maintain

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

what's the point of this post

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

anon decided to inform DA that an alfa romeo is indeed more luxury than a fricking accord. 1000iq thread

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

most "luxury" car brands still live off old glory and they have become status symbols so people with money buy them

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It seems like every highest trim level has the option for shit like leather seats/wheel and heated seats/wheel. Even if you were a richgay a luxury car doesn't seem worth it, the exception might be Acura since the new Accord sucks. Looks like Honda put all their nice features in the hybrid version and are getting ready to kill the normal Accord.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

There is no such thing as a luxury car anymore, just cars with comfortable seats and less comfortable seats. A base model Toyota will have the same interior features as a Lexus, one just looks fancier. The drivetrain performance is what really matters.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It's not about the features. It's the quality of the materials and construction. Having experience with camrys and its direct Lexus counterpart, the ES, the Lexus just feels nicer in basically every way.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Agreed, it's not about features, it's materials and build quality. Had a Lexus salesman tell me once, everything you don't see is Toyota, everything you do see, is Lexus, otherwise, basically the same car. Just higher end trim, fit and finish. Still didn't buy one. Not paying that for a Camry.
        Luxury really means, anything above and beyond more than you really need. Which is why they call these luxury cars, not the leather, not the engine, it's simply a luxury item with higher initial costs and higher maintenance cost above and beyond what was considered the standard norm. Which is, most people drive shit boxes.
        Yes, car makers have stepped up their game in response to "leaders" like BMW that often set the precedent, then the me too guys come along and imitate. US and Japan marketing decided interior gimmickry is the wave of the future, we'll throw all this tech and features into our shit boxes and fool the masses into believing they are now in the same class as BMW or Audi, it's all a cope and tricks. Then again most people can't spot the difference between the stitching and panel alignment on Gucci or the knock off imitation either. But it looks the same? Only to the pleb. Which is good enough.
        I guess a big difference between me and most others, when people talk about BMW I'm not thinking about the interior, I'm thinking about the superior suspension and everything you don't see. But, yes, they are all rather nice inside, some more than others. But luxury? Like most people think? 7 and 8 series or S-class Mercedes. But even now, they took the KIA pill on interiors, nothing classy about it, look cheap, over use of molded plastic, screens and LED lighting bullshit like it's 2000 inside watching F&F with the interior LED beaner trim and underglow kit.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>What exactly is the purpose of "luxury cars" in the current year
    Status symbol whoring.

Even economy cars now have every possible feature under the Sun that luxury cars struggle to differentiate themselves from economy cars despite that price gap.

I think the main way higher end cars, not necessarily luxury cars, but pricier cars can differentiate themselves from less pricey cars is with bigger engines. Well engineered engines that can make naturally aspirated power. Everyone is moving towards gay turbo engines. It's a cop out to get cheap power at the cost of sound, feel, and reliability. Cadillac used to use big boaty undertuned V8s for maximum luxury feel. A high strung turbo'd 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder engine is NOT luxurious, nor reliable for that matter.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This is the only real answer here, luxury is more than you need, anything with a tiny turbo engine is not a luxury

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

this post was written by a brain coping with how inferior it is.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

"Luxury" is just a made up concept. Sitting in a luxury car doesn't feel any different from sitting in a shitbox. It's just hunks of plastic and metal that people make believe makes them feel better.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Sitting in a luxury car doesn't feel any different from sitting in a shitbox
      Here's that coperino

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i always thought luxury cars were
    >better suspension
    >better engines
    >quieter
    >safer
    >comfier with MUCH better interiors
    aaand thats pretty much it. these are the things i would care about if i was rich and was going to be chauffeured around, and didn't want to sit around in some clanky shitbox.
    i would give zero fricks about the gizmos in my car, its the comfy experience that matters.

if i wanted fancy technology i'd go hang out on my private Airbus not inside my car kek

tl;dr
    my $500K Rolls Royce drives and is comfier than your $40k Camry despite whatever plastic gizmos it is loaded with

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Based. Post Rolls

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

lel you think i'd waste $500k on a car
        if i had to spend the money it would be a $20k shitbox and a $480k boat

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

That would be under the assumption that you even have $500k.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

thats why i said
            >if i had to spend the money

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

thats why i said
          >if i had to spend the money

The point he's making is that if you actually had enough disposable income to spend $500k on a car, you wouldn't have a poorgay mentality of buying a econobox anyway.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I sat in some 80s mercedes taxi with 900k on the odo and it was comfy and quiet as hell.
    So comfy.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My Prius has softer leather than my GLK-Class.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

priuses and glks are gay as frick who cares

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The purpose is to separate me from poor people and make my ride comfortable.
    If I drive around town and some prole thinks I'm a c**t and DAtards call me an Arab, then I know everything is right in the world.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Anyone who says this is a coping poorgay who’s never actually had decent access to luxury cars. Go sit in a Corolla or WRX and then go sit in an is500 or M340i and then get back to me chud.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

just because it has the same features another thing is the quality of features like yeah you have a sound system and decent seats but id pay more for a car with a better sound system and way better seats for long drives

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

If a Kia and a BMW had the same sound system, it would still sound much better in the BMW because the Kia is a rattlebox with terrible NVH

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you don't have a real leather interior you don't have a luxury car. Simple as.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Modern leather is all plastic coated shit

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

That's why I said real leather. It's the same with sofas btw. Mid-to-high-end retailers that used to sell real leather now sell that bonded/ethical/synthetic "leather" shit. I'm actually looking for an affordable real leather sofa for my apartment. Real leather lasts forever unlike the fake shit so it's more environmentally friendly in the long run but this whole world is fricked up.
        Pic related, my luxury on the cheap.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Modern leather is all plastic coated shit

It's actually the opposite, real leather that doesn't feel like total ass needs lots of care. The plastinated shit exists because people don't take care of their shit
          Ironically the new plant based synthetic stuff is as soft as real leather but as tough as the plastic shit, but morons here will hate it because /misc/ told them plants are gay

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Are you a Black person? Take care of your shit and it will outlive you. The new "leather" is crap and will get destroyed within years because it degrades regardless of maintenance.
            Small wonder why everything it disposable these days.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You're actually clueless about leather. Your dumb ass probably saw an old Merc with MB-Tex and thought it was real leather lmfao

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous

So you are a Black person.

The coating is a good thing if you own the car for more than a few years. Leather seats in old cars used to get worn out, wrinkly, and look like crap after maybe 2 years, similar to a shitty old leather sofa. Modern leather seats still look brand new over the lifetime of the vehicle with normal wear. The trade-off is modern leather interiors are less 'soft'.
            The problem is leather seats are becoming less and less of an option in new vehicles, and imitation leather (essentially rubber) being used on non-touch points.
            [...]
            Base model trim on most vehicles these days only has the same features of luxury cars 20 years ago. The actual quality will never be the same on a new base model car as a luxury model, due to the simple fact that low-quality plastic interiors, trims, and touch points will always be cheaper to manufacture than higher quality materials. The fact you're arguing this point shows that you've never set foot in a luxury car.

Leather quality varies even by era because quality is still low/med/high range so I don't think you can really make blanket statements like that. Also you cannot restore fake leather. You can however restore 15 year old leather to some decent condition

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Based Leatherique enjoyer.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

my homie

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The coating is a good thing if you own the car for more than a few years. Leather seats in old cars used to get worn out, wrinkly, and look like crap after maybe 2 years, similar to a shitty old leather sofa. Modern leather seats still look brand new over the lifetime of the vehicle with normal wear. The trade-off is modern leather interiors are less 'soft'.
        The problem is leather seats are becoming less and less of an option in new vehicles, and imitation leather (essentially rubber) being used on non-touch points.

https://i.imgur.com/th0cxIy.jpg

What exactly is the purpose of "luxury cars" in the current year? So many of the features that once set them apart have been utterly democratized. 20 years ago most cars were fricking dog ass. Cheap cloth seats with a cd player if you were lucky and manual locks/windows/seats/everything. Now any 30-40k sedan has heated and ventilated seats, big touchscreen with bluetooth, navigation, 360 cameras, powered everything, remote start. Luxury cars are actually worse because they make their screens the main selling point which means they make you use the screen to do just about everything with no physical buttons, but they also clutter the frick out of it with 200 menus and widgets and bullshit for your 11 different drive modes, "arts" and "experiences" and "scents" and other bullshit you will literally never use, if you do get a button then lol it's not a real button it's capacitive. and they're not even fast anymore unless you're willing to pay $10k for the upgraded engine. a new 5 series weighs 4500lbs and has a 4 cylinder. I mean imagine paying 60 grand for a BMW and you can't even hang with a Prius.

Base model trim on most vehicles these days only has the same features of luxury cars 20 years ago. The actual quality will never be the same on a new base model car as a luxury model, due to the simple fact that low-quality plastic interiors, trims, and touch points will always be cheaper to manufacture than higher quality materials. The fact you're arguing this point shows that you've never set foot in a luxury car.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Leather seats in old cars used to get worn out, wrinkly, and look like crap after maybe 2 years
          Not if you take care of it ya damn slob

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Nope, not gonna. Having to do extra work defeats the purpose of a luxury car.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I didn't say (you) have to take care of it specifically. Pay some detailer to condition the leather for you.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>has no money
            >buys "luxury" car he can't maintain
            post credit score jamal

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I didn't say (you) have to take care of it specifically. Pay some detailer to condition the leather for you.

You tards obviously don't value your time if you think taking your car to a detailer every year or two to get leather repaired and conditioned is preferable to a low-maintenance solution that will last over the useful lifetime of the vehicle.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Lol man i literally condition my leather every summer. I just take one of the other cars when that one is out of service kek

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

And by "that one" i mean the one currently being conditioned as 3 out of 4 are keather. One's merino mmmm

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

AAAAAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

I have a genuine leather interior and I regret it
            it requires maintenance to stop it from fading and cracking, people's asses leave indents and other parts sag, wrinkle and can potentially tear

only fabric seats from now on for me. durable and easy to clean

AAAAAYHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH
            do you forget to wipe your own ass too?

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I think it is true that the gap between commodity cars and luxury cars has shrunk. a high trim Toyota isn't that far off from a Lexus these days
    however, if you get into a Bentley, rolls Royce or something of that tier you will immediately see and feel the difference

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Which rwd sedans does toyota make? What V8 sedans?

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

reminder that your car isn't a luxury car unless it has 50%+ depreciation in 2 years
    that's the real flex, that you can afford the cost of ownership and not care about trade in values

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Status

that's literally it. features, quietness (measured with decibel-meter), it's not that significant of a difference anymore. it's literally just a narcissism showing off thing

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have a genuine leather interior and I regret it
    it requires maintenance to stop it from fading and cracking, people's asses leave indents and other parts sag, wrinkle and can potentially tear

only fabric seats from now on for me. durable and easy to clean

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Post interior shayquan

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>people's asses leave indents

This is the only issue i have with my leather seats, they're otherwise in perfect shape
      Is there any way to fix the slight indents where you sit on the leather?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Stop leaving your wallet in your pocket when you sit down.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

unless it's wet how does someone normally sitting in clothes leave "Ass marks"?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I suspect the issue is that this is fake leather.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I suspect the issue is that this is fake leather.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BoltEV/comments/7zs84p/butt_prints_on_the_seats/
            >chevy bolt
            yeah fake recycled HRT pill bottle """""""""""""leather""""""""""" that's why it's trash. get this shit out of my sight

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Simply better, in every possible way.

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My best friend bought a 2023 Lexus LS500 last year. Huge car, very comfortable. But it doesn't even have a wireless charger for his cell phone. $90,000 and no wireless charger. lmao

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

it's called, taking money from rich idiots who want a status symbol so everybody knows how rich they are.
    literally nothing else.
    I wouldn't buy bmw, Mercedes, or audi even if I had a billion buckeroos, because I'm not a shitbag

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>What exactly is the purpose of "luxury cars" in the current year?
    Maybe drive one and you'll realize, moron.
    Your Elantra won't drive anything like a 330i despite both having leather seats and a 4-cyl turbo engine.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The type of driving that most people do, on public roads, would be exactly the same. The interior surfaces would feel nearly the same. Can the 3-Series even be optioned with wood veneer anymore? Virtually the same experience between a new Elantra and a new base 3-Series.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

neither of those are luxury. those are poverty tier engines

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>poverty tier engines
        A B48 can put 450hp to the wheels with the stock turbo. You upgrade the turbo and it'll embarrass most V8s. Poverty tier engine, right.

29. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>american "luxury"
    >plastic with a wood grained decal
    >german luxury
    >hand laid and finished wood trim.
    Where did the plastic wood meme on bmws come from anyway? is it just poorgay cope?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>is it just poorgay cope?
      Always has been

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I think they use too much black plastic and silver trim now. BMW and F350 interior have the same aesthetic. BMW still being nicer but it's not distinctively nicer and signature BMW. Mercedes too, I suppose that's the problem when the car is just a glorified tablet holder at this point.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The wood is real.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>a real slab of wood on the highest trim, which goes for 85k (before tip).
        fantastic. i'm quite astounded by the level of american (actually mexican) craftsmanship

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>O-oh.. it's real wood too w-well real wood doesn't matter even though I brought it up!
          lol

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>No column shifter
        GAY

30. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The natural trend within capitalism is to make everything a luxury product. The logic begins with everyone deciding one product is clearly superior, the manufacturer of that product believing they could produce that at mass market for lower if they have the scale of demand, the government buying that bullshit, then that manufacturer just cranking prices up anyway with monopoly.

Capitalism is so broken that it requires subsidy for food production.

31. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Not true, this was considered a the lowest in the model lineup back in 2001, and was around £20K back then

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

2002 X-type was $29,950 starting. $52k today.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *