1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Please tell me that exhaust is some random ricer image from the internet

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

integra type s

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Sedan sales overall are down with the exception of civic, accord, camery, some kia/Hyundai models, and Corollas. No one wants to spend over 26k on average for any sedan market wide for new. Wrx is dying as well.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>civic, accord doing okay
      >Acura sedans way down
      Seems like an economic indicator more than anything
      >Wrx is dying as well
      Because they put wheelie bin lids on as fenders. Expect sales to rebound if it gets a mid cycle refresh that fixes that simple frickup.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Seems like an economic indicator more than anything

I'm not so sure since most other luxury brands did well

>BMW sales hit an all time high in 2023 (up 6.5%) and is up for Q1 2024
        >Lexus hit an all time high as well with sales being up 32%
        >Cadillac's sales are up 9%
        >Genesis' sales hit an all time high too
        >Mercedes saw a 2% increase for 2023 and is down 6% for Q1 2024. However, they say the issue was due to supply bottlenecks in Asia
        >Porsche is down -4% and Audi is down big time by -16%

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Accord
      The Accord is down 20% this year and still selling less each month. It's now selling far less than the Fusion was when Ford killed it.
      Not surprising though. Honda basically gutted the model and took away everything unique about it.
      >t. bitter 10th gen owner

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

the accord situation is pretty interesting tbh
        the civic kept creeping on it's territory so what the frick was it supposed to become? either higher market or completely boring family sedan mode
        accord went the family route and the type s did the up market route and both failed
        i wonder what honda wants the future of the accord turn into

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

the accord situation is pretty interesting tbh
        the civic kept creeping on it's territory so what the frick was it supposed to become? either higher market or completely boring family sedan mode
        accord went the family route and the type s did the up market route and both failed
        i wonder what honda wants the future of the accord turn into

it's pretty incredible to me that in only 10 years the Accord went from having a manual V6 coupe option to only being sold as a 200hp CVT econobox
        shows how quickly trends in the auto industry have changed due to regulations

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Agree
        >10th gen accord owner
        >9th gen accord owner
        >5th gen accord owner
        Loved every fricking one of them. They all were destroyed in crashes with men. All died when taking a left, the last two weren't my fault. I was at fault for the 5th and 9th's death, but the 9th was justified.

ANYWAY
        When in the market I test drove the new Accord. It was too big, too ugly, and too weak. It was fricking ruined. The Civic was more Accord this time around and bought that, couldn't be happier.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>wanted to check out the TLX
    >go to the Acura dealership
    >$5k markup
    >no test drives allowed
    >turn 360 degrees and walk away

it's funny because they had over 20 sitting in the lot but they're still doing their hardest to not sell them

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>>turn 360 degrees and walk away

that's literally a full circle, you moron. point at laugh at this moron

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Acura TLX weighs 4,200 lbs
        that's fricking insane
        For the same price you can get an objectively superior BMW that weighs 3,700 lbs
        There's no good reason to buy a TLX

Point and laugh at this reddit newbie

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>raise prices to match german luxury
          >no one buys your rebadged Honda's

And acura is? They're Honda platforms with nicer interiors, it's like saying Infiniti is a luxury brand

At least Infiniti sells rwd cars alongside their tarted up econoboxes, same with lexus.

i wasn't aware that you could get SH-AWD on the hondas. or the same engines. can you even get a V6 in the accord anymore?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>DUDE, acura has a V6!!
            Lexus has and will have a V6 and a V8, BMW has I6, Mercedes has V6, hell even infiniti has a V6. Acura has completely lost the plot as to what it was.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What does any of that have to do with Acura not being the same as Honda if they don't in fact share the same parts you moronic Black person.
            >Acura has completely lost the plot as to what it was.
            which is ironic, because all they used to be was rebadged hondas. now there's an actual difference between the Honda and Acura brands.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>which is ironic, because all they used to be was rebadged hondas
            They still are
            >Integra is still a Civic
            >RL was an Accord
            >RDX is a CR-V
            >MDX is a Pilot
            People loved the NSX because it was a Honda product that wasn't a fricking Civic.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Again, where can you get V6s and SH-AWD in those? the RL for example, has a Hybrid system similar to the NSX itself. no honda cars have this. most of the TLX's chassis architecture isn't even shared with the accord.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>what is a platform

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>what is actual badge engineering

A V6 is not luxurious or desirable
            SH-AWD is a marketing term and you are moronic

>A V6 is not luxurious or desirable
            irrelevant deflection. you're wrong about them being rebadges and moronic.
            >SH-AWD is a marketing term
            You are a busriding Black person who doesn't even know what SH-AWD is.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Unless you're a GTR I don't really care about AWD in a car and I'd rather have a rwd v8 than an SH-AWD v6
            Captcha related

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Then get yourself a crown vic. cheaper and more reliable than any lexus, and you have your RWD V8. i prefer better handling, and Acura handles leaps and bounds better than the understeering pig lexus.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

A V6 is not luxurious or desirable
            SH-AWD is a marketing term and you are moronic

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Leave, newbie

https://i.imgur.com/mJ3NS8t.jpeg

for the uninitiated

>Fell for the bait

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>i was pretending to be moronic
            >haha le epic trole

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

pretending to be moronic is a cornerstone of DA you disgusting newbie

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

You're a fricking idiot. Ironic shitposting is still shitposting you actual newbie

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Leave, newbie

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

for the uninitiated

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

And what accounts for these two 90 degree right turns?
          90 degree right turn - 360 degree right turn + 90 degree right turn = -180 degree right turn = 180 degree left turn.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It doesn't diminish any of his anecdote, moron.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Holy shit where do you newbies come from? I thought this place was just leaking users

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Dealerships are squeezing whatever they can out of the middle class because owners are looking to retire when the economy finally collapses and shutters the auto industry. People think they're acting like they want to go out of business because they're greedy, but the reality is that they see the doom of the auto industry coming and are just going to frick over as many people as they can before the shoe drops so they aren't impacted by the economy failing personally.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>no test drives allowed
      Why? Too many broke Black folk wasting their time and dogging the shit out of their cars and not buying them? I would think if you look like you have money then they wouldn't care.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I would think if you look like you have money then they wouldn't care.
        where the frick do you think you are. He probably did not even shower

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>if you look like you have money then they wouldn't care
        You would be wrong.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>>no test drives allowed
      What the literal frick?
      Who in their right mind buys (anything) without being able to test it?

As to the "Dealer Markup":
      Frick them.
      MAXIMUM permitted is MSRP.
      Report them to BBB or equivalent.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I went to drive a TLX just because I was bored in 2020. Implied I was crypto rich and wore a moronic hawaiian shirt, and the guy let me test drive it and came with me. The interior has a shit layout and I'll never get over it. I think I autistically complained about the shifter and the touchpad for five to ten minutes after I did a highway pull, which was not fun even if it was faster than my beater 01 Accord I pulled up in.

Who the frick was the TLX even made for? Younger generations won't want it so it'll always be lame. The older generations will hate the interior because it's completely alien and their higher spending power can get them a BMW/Audi/anything American and faster here.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

5k markup is very low too. all honda/acura have insane markups. markups on a civic are still just barely affordable. markups on an acura, why even bother.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

I got my Civic brand new in 2023 with 3.5k off sticker. Then with all the taxes and fees (not 1 sketchy fee because I read the fine print and went back and forth with the finance gay) it was still $900 under sticker.

It depends where you are and what season it is. I went in mid-December and it was really cold, windy, and dark

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They got too wienery with the "hurr durr rebadge an accord and double the price" scheme. Upper-trim 10th and 11gen accords are mechanically and comfort-ly identical to the TWhateverTheLettersAreThisDecadeX. People are wising up.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

acura is only good for sourcing cheap upgrade parts for hondas. head swaps etc

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don't think they're worse than Buick

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

buick isn't a luxury brand

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

And acura is? They're Honda platforms with nicer interiors, it's like saying Infiniti is a luxury brand

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

At least Infiniti sells rwd cars alongside their tarted up econoboxes, same with lexus.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

This.
            Acura trying to push a fwd 4cyl for the money of a Challenger Scat Pack. That’s not going to work.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's working though, they're selling plenty of Type Rs and Type Ss to the point dealers are marking them up.

Not everyone wants to ride around in a nig mobile

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

>Challenger Scat Pack.
            It's too bad that less than 1 in 10 would actually choose this POS.
            If you love it, great.
            Most people do not, however.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Infiniti is a luxury brand
          It is

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

anyone can claim themselves luxury. It's like asiatics claiming genesis is luxury when it's just a premium hyundai. What matters is actual market perception.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Genesis at least has its own rwd platforms, unlike Honda and Nissan

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Genesis at least has its own rwd platforms
            This is a STUNNING point that is consistently overlooked.
            I don't get it.
            Acura had 20 fricking years head start over Genesis, and yet has been literally mogged by the offerings from Hyundai.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

neither is a tarted up civic

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>raise prices to match german luxury
    >no one buys your rebadged Honda's

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

to be fair, maintenance costs for an acura are significantly lower than BMW/Audi etc

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They're just pricey Hondas but they require premium fuel for similar performance.

Pass.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you want a guaranteed test drive, bring your gf or wife along and say you're looking for a new car for her.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>gf or wife

best i can do is a cute femboy

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

when will you gays frick off back to /lgbt/
        i am sure you're the same people who call a transmission "the troony"

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Go back to preddit

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the integra reveal killed all hype in the Acura brand. the TLX was actually hyping things up as it rode the wave of TL appreciation at that time, but it could never last as the TLX is just a worse Lexus IS

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just my 2 cents but the TSX & NuTegra (actually the original Integra too) are just too ricey to use the Acura badge. Acura is supposed to be for the Honda boys that got too old for Civics but want the familiarity of Honda with something a guy making decent money could be seen driving in.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

here i fixed your ugly old boomer car with 100 teraflops of AI

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I don't get it, you just posted a Chrystler 300.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That's just a Cadillac CTS

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>too ricey to use the Acura badge.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

they just took the fricking honda badge off, put an acura one on, and did absolutely frick all to the rest of the car.

how can you possibly shit on modern acura when they have their own design studio, Halo car made in that design (new NSX), and exclusive technology that cannot be found on the hondas.

this thing is a shameless fricking rebadge.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I never saw Acura as a luxury brand, they are too sporty looking
    If they wanna succeed in luxury market they need to make their cars more elegant

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>what happened to acura?

oh, you mean Honda? Honda is for npc homosexuals at this point. I don't give a frick about a ctr or a 30k si that gets buttfricked by a GTI.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

car ugly, car heavy, car slow, car expensive. My local acura dealership shut down a few months ago, nothing of value was lost.

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

they made a big deal about bringing back the TLX with an Acura-only platform, double wishbones, etc but then it majorly underperformed
    >same sloppy 10speed auto as the Accord
    >same 4cyl engine as the Accord
    >V6 engine in the Type S gets murdered by the B58
    >atrocious weight distribution, worse than an Audi S4
    >hundreds of pounds heavier than the S4 and M340ix
    >yet also smaller interior space

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>US engineers
      >car ALWAYS ends up overweight
      Why?

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Engineers + Designers + Management retire or were replaced.
    The Golden Years of Acura are gone 80's + 90's, because the people that made that Magic happen are no longer there.
    It can always change though.

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

One of the local exotic car rental places in my city has a 2017 NSX. It's the cheapest car in their stable. Sometimes when I feel like blowing some money I'll rent it for a weekend. Literally nobody bought them so paradoxically it's very exotic because you literally never see another one on the road.

Interior's kind of shitty, I must admit.

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Acuras used to dominate the suburban mom suv market. They should've went full suv not meddle with sedans and super cars.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They messed up with the new RDX. Made it too sporty when their customer base only cared about reliability, fuel efficiency, space in a premium package that's cheaper than german luxury.

19. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

For $28k you can get a civic hatchback 6 speed that is very similar to the Integra 6 speed that runs $36k

20. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>luxury
    It's PREMIUM not LUXURY
    Luxury means basically no budget restrictions for the manufacturer. They can make whatever they want for their customers. Think of Mclarens and bugattis.
    Premium is basically what you think of as "luxury" brands. They're for the mass market.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Is this just your own defintion

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Yep. I thought it would make me sound smart.

21. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I just don't get it... why doesn't anyone want to buy a car with a convoluted mess of an interior? Don't they know complex and incongruous lines are very luxurious?

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

not convoluted enough duh. Look at that analog gauge cluster, fricking disgusting. Where the frick is my full digital gauge and my big ass ipad on the center console. What is this, a car from the 80s? #notmyluxury

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

why did both Lexus and Acura end up with that stupid laptop touchpad design instead of the vastly superior rotary knob that BMW, Alfa Romeo, Cadillac etc use?

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

the interior of the tlx is so dogshit it's wild
      i thought the new civic had a good interior but then i got in one and the amount of glossy plastic was nasty. but fine for a sub 30k car though
      a ritzed up accord that costs twice the base model though? the frick were they thinking

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Jesus Christ

22. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>objectively the worst luxury brand
    Nah, I still have to give it to Inifinti.

Obviously, I'm only counting the US market. I'm sure there are plenty of shitty brands reserved for 3rdies.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Luv my G37
      it is sad how the brand is going, I don't see it for long, Nissan in general man, c'mon

23. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>acura
    You mean Honda?

24. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

not a single jap car manufacturer can be considered luxury lmfao

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Yeah they're reliable. Luxury cars need to be money pits to count.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *