What happened to sporty pickup trucks like SVT 150 or Ram SRT10?

All I see are massive ugly blocks on wheels, wheter it's Ford, Chevy or Dodge. What happened to these cool ones like 150 SVT, Ram SRT10 or GMC Syclone? Imagine current technology take on them.

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You clearly need to lurk more, trucks are running 8-9s with mere bolt ons

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That's not factory, tho.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It's not that far from it. You can buy new F-150's with dealer installed and warrantied supercharger kits. After that it's just a few simple bolt-ons to get you to those speeds.

https://i.imgur.com/cL5fPnN.jpg

>hop in, I'will take you back to the era when pickusp were actually cool and not bulky homosexual land barges

It's funny how this thing go aggressively shat on for being a 0-60 one trick pony. Now that seems to be the only thing that matters in a vehicle, especially EV's. Oh how the times have changed.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Stop being a little homosexual and go build one.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Are you moronic or just intentionally missing the guys point?

dude there's no way a fricking lightning is out cornering literally a base late model that's just been lowered.

see

>Most aren't as popular anymore since part of the truck meta is currently to have the most offroady-looking jacked up truck possible with no room left for a "sport truck".
          I think that was OPs point, there isn't a current truck than can handle like this.

Lightnings handle well for pickups.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Those manufacturers are NEVER going to make another regular cab sports truck.
            Might as well build one.
            Or buy the older models.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Too bad most of them can't and look like fricking bricks where proportions of greenhouse/windshield to gront grille is just disgusting. None of sporty feeling left. Just quickly accelerating brick.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You've never been in an older F150 lighting if you think those aren't bricks

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

That's Dodge tho. Also look at low profile, clearly sporty design. Perhaps SRT-10?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>jellybean f150 are now bricks
          Are you legitimately moronic?
          >MoPeon
          Never mind.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

This isn't a new thing.
        Theoretical top speed of a 1985 Bronco is 87 mph because it has the aerodynamics of a barn.
        >minus visor, but fastest pic that somehlwhat matches the perspective you posted.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

this
      base model single cab work truck + a little $ = the fastest possible car for the money.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Quarter mile times aren't sporty

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Neither are FWD's. A RWD truck in the snow or on gravel is magnitudes more fun than any FWD.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Ok?

• 2 months ago
          p

Nice job on outing yourself as not having 4x4

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

All my trucks were/are 4x4. I would never own a 4x2 personal truck. Maybe I should have said *A RWD biased truck*??? Or a 4x4 truck in 2hi??? Sorry for not being 'tistic enuf.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Only in recent years with Unlimited Trophy Truck class and $400,000 vehicles has 4x4 beaten 2wd times in Baja 500/1000.

Don't get me wrong.
            I have 3 trucks and 2 of them are 4x4.
            But that 2wd has been up and over Devils Slide.
            Weight distribution and a posi/locker will outperform 95% of factory 4x4's.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Weight distribution and a posi/locker will outperform 95% of factory 4x4's.
            this guy fricks tripz of tru

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Weight distribution and a posi/locker will outperform 95% of factory 4x4's.
            Ehhhh not with hills and winter conditions. 2wd works perfectly fine IF you have momentum. You aren't getting started from a standstill on a icy hill with anything RWD even with top of the line studded tires, a frickload of weight over the rear end and a locker. My work van has good winters, an LSD and 300+lbs over the rear axle and it's still shit. Meanwhile you easily can with non studded winters or even a good set of A/T's with 2 open diffs and 4hi. 4lo isn't even necessary 99% of the time.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I don’t do any crawling or off-roading like that, but a good set of tires on a rear wheel drive truck with a limited slip plus some weight will get you through some nasty stuff. My work truck with shit in the bed is decently capable when driving across site. Empty though I’ve had to be pulled out of slightly soft areas because Cummins are very nose heavy.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>I’ve had to be pulled out
            Honestly, you don't need 4x4 or a LSD or even a powertrain. Real off roading just needs a winch.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

dude there's no way a fricking lightning is out cornering literally a base late model that's just been lowered.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

A Lightning has suspension set up for handling, a regular base model is set up for hauling/towing capacity.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>mere bolt ons
      >engine out of a 6 sec mustang dropped into an f150
      frick off.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>2 seconds slower than a mustang with the same engine
        >this is considered good

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/mbyedFV.jpg

>comparing someone's engine swapped drag truck to a factory sport truck that was built to also handle well for a truck
          moron

https://i.imgur.com/X4R83JK.png

>mere bolt ons
          >engine out of a 6 sec mustang dropped into an f150
          frick off.

Cope morons

?si=pimAwEk6RQ7aryjW

?feature=shared
          A turbo kit IS a bolt on, not my problem you are wrenchlets.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Drag racing in a truck is like competing in the special olympics. You might be fast, but at the end of the day you're still moronic and slower than you could be.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Not the same truck frickwit dipshit Black personbrain. The truck you posted before is swapped.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I didn't bother to search for another one Black person, I do whatever I want.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>comparing someone's engine swapped drag truck to a factory sport truck that was built to also handle well for a truck
      moron

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because no one wants a sporty truck, they want a BIG truck so everyone can see how BIG and MANLY they are. They still sometimes make BIG trucks that have lots of power, like the Raptor or TRX, but those still have to work with the fact that the base model whose body they share is still a land barge.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>hop in, I'will take you back to the era when pickusp were actually cool and not bulky homosexual land barges

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Now that's a fricking truck. As are dump trucks, tow trucks, wreckers, semis, etc. Vanity trucks are just. . . who are they fooling?

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They are neat but ultimately trucks are better served with nice big tires and large displacement engines for highway miles and pulling stuff. I’ll take my factory diesel with 1200 ft lb.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Around $50-60k gets you a 700hp supercharged V8 F150 with a full factory warranty, they still exist. Most aren't as popular anymore since part of the truck meta is currently to have the most offroady-looking jacked up truck possible with no room left for a "sport truck".
    Something like a 2WD, single cab RAM TRX built for the street would be badass for instance - considering that none of the spotless ones I see daily have probably ever left the pavement.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Most aren't as popular anymore since part of the truck meta is currently to have the most offroady-looking jacked up truck possible with no room left for a "sport truck".
    I think that was OPs point, there isn't a current truck than can handle like this.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

UMAD SEPPOS

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

What do the 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, and current year models look like?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

ask your local ford dealer about the mustang same fricking car

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I must have missed the part where the Mustang is a pickup truck.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

DURR YOU MUST HAVE MISSED THE PART WHERE PEOPLE CUT THE BACK OFF

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Pre-s550 still had a solid rear axle, it basically was.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Anal idol

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Shelby, Hennessey, Saleen, Roush, and I think Callaway all do conversions of the Big Three fullsizes. Upwards of a thousand horsepower in some cases. Touch grass

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

see:

Because no one wants a sporty truck, they want a BIG truck so everyone can see how BIG and MANLY they are. They still sometimes make BIG trucks that have lots of power, like the Raptor or TRX, but those still have to work with the fact that the base model whose body they share is still a land barge.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I almost got a Lightning in the mid-00s but it was already sold when I called in.
    I ended up getting an IS300 instead.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That's unfortunate

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>What happened to these cool ones like 150 SVT, Ram SRT10 or GMC Syclone? Imagine current technology take on them.

Raptor F-150? Ranger Raptor? TRX? Not to mention how many EV trucks exist now

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The official SVT explanation for why they stopped making the Lightning was that new trucks became too big, so making them handle well was becoming too difficult, so they just made it into the Raptor instead and since that's a huge success everyone followed suit. I think Roush, Shelby and some other places still sell supercharger kits you can install on your truck while still retaining warranty, it's not the same thing but it covers the niche

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They don't sell, because it turns out most truck buyers only want the ugly, slow, and gay ones.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Build one yourself. That's what the rest of us do.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Shelby makes sport versions of the F150 but they're special order. The standard models like the Raptor and Ram TRX are all offroad focused.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *