What is a somewhat reliable rwd manual car for $10k or less that isn't overpriced for what it is?

What is a somewhat reliable rwd manual car for $10k or less that isn't overpriced for what it is? Zoomers have clapped out every miata and want 8k for their anemic shitbox

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Sky, preferably the turbocharged redline models that are pretty quick.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

All the boomers around me want 8k+ for them feel like I should be looking at a 350z in that range

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

350Zs tend to be thrashed, you're more likely to find a Solstice or a Sky in decent shape. The fact that its an old boomer who owns it tells you it probably hasn't been driven hard; whereas the 350Z you buy from Tyrone is going to be on its last legs.

I've been looking at Merc SLK 320s recently. I like the looks of them, they've got a naturally aspirated V6 that gives them a little kick and they're still small enough to handle decently. They don't seem to be too terribly expensive either and to my knowledge they aren't terribly hard to work on or repair.

Aside from that you're looking at Miatas, Mustangs and if you're willing to spend a bit more the newer Camaros which were supposed to be pretty solid.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Those are sleek I'd try to work on it myself so maybe that's a good option I've always steered away from german but I might need to look more into it

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, the SLK was a late 90s design that lasted into the 2000s so its from the era before the Germans went full moron making everything overly complicated.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Other than mustangs or rarities (like FC RX7s, 300ZXs, 944/924s, manual equipped MBs) that pop up you have pretty limited options. You can probably get a fairly nice E90 328i, 2.8L Z3 or Z4 3.0 for that. They have their problems but are generally very reliable. You might find a decent E46 330i or an E39 for that. The problem is very few cheap cars are manual and RWD. The older stuff has already started appreciating due to rarity, and the newer stuff was almost exclusively automatic or FWD.

Almost none of these have a manual transmission. Mercedes with a manual is a very rare find because of the sales numbers. These are gutless compared to 3.0 Z4, much slower car, heavier too.

All the boomers around me want 8k+ for them feel like I should be looking at a 350z in that range

>350z
          probably close to 90% of them are completely trashed, and those that aren't will be too expensive for what they are; a mediocre car with a crayola tier interior. If you don't care about having an ugly interior that falls apart, and can find one that wasn't abused, this will be a good option.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

girl car

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

128i
    z4 3.0si

both under rated and cheap still.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>128i

Are these decently reliable? There's a 2012 coupe with 89,000 miles on the 3.0L 6 cylinder near me for $8400.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Be careful! Lots of people will tell you the N52 is bulletproof, and while mine generally has been, the rest of the car around it is 'nicht so gut' as they say out in the far east.
        NO 3rd owners, NO shitty aftermarket parts, and try and see if some of the common failure points (gaskets!) have been replaced already -- at only 89K that might not be the case. They're also infamous for waterpumps and thermostats, but a 2012 should have been built with one of the newer (better) revisions (metal -> plastic for thermostat housing) if they haven't been replaced already. People complain about the DIY, I haven't done it, but it doesn't seem too bad on a manual N52 if you avoid xDrive (please).

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah they are. One of the best NA inline 6 engines ever made.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

128i or 328i. The N52 paired to the manual is bulletproof.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Zoomers have clapped out every miata
    We've been regulated to fits and fiestas. Every clapped out miot I see is owned by a millennial, and the Gen Xer ones are just beat to shit with the front bumper and a headlight removed.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

stop being a useless wrenchlette, you're going to have to unclap something yourself for your tiny budget

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That truck literally has downs

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I feel like 6-8k is just the norm for barely clapped used vehicles now.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I remember browsing CL when I was broke years ago and there being so many quality shitboxes for 3-5k it's gotten so bad now
      I'll either have to take the bike pill or buy something new it's hard to justify shitboxes now

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I remember browsing CL when I was broke years ago and there being so many quality shitboxes for 3-5k it's gotten so bad now
        Daily reminder that we have experienced around 30% *real* inflation (not numbers game lets-not-cause-a-panic government stat inflation) since January 2020 and that many things have outpaced that rate, such as food, homes. In 2020 you could get a perfectly daily driveable car with everything working and a decent body for $3k, now you would be hard pressed to find something with failing paint and no AC for $3k.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

How about the BMW Z4?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Looks comfy is it reliable?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>reliable
        >BMW
        pick one

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>reliable
        >BMW
        pick one

3.0si n52b30 are reliable (electric water pump needs attention around 70k, various gaskets which are cheap (under $10) if you are not a wrenchlet.

//M s54b32 reliable if you maintain it (rod bearings and vanos rebuild)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *