What is currently the most reliable and SOLID car of the 2020s?

What is currently the most reliable and SOLID car of the 2020s?

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Gotta be kia/Hyundai for blowing up engines like clockwork

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I mean that's reliable in a way but not solid

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

rav4

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Had one of these and it was a workhorse. Hauled beyond what it was rated for, started up every time in the Phoenix heat, started up every time when I lived in the mountains and she was icy covered in snow, never even warmed up the engine always just went straight to driving. There were some bullshit things like the plastic cladding on the bottom falling off, Toyota does not use very good pins to hold all the plastic shit they insist on pinning underneath the vehicle. Oil changes are difficult with the plastic filter cap seizing on and cracking if you apply too much force. Transmission fluid changes are a joke, you have to pump the fluid in upwards from underneath the vehicle and it always leaks at least a quart out. I think they purposely engineer them to be hard to work on so you have to bring them in for service. They also did not honor a recall for my headlights. They were having a known issue for my model year where the headlights were getting too much power sent to them causing them to burn out every couple months. I burned through headlights like a motherfricker and they just kept ignoring my calls and telling me they wouldn't honor the recall because it had been too long.

I don't buy from Toyota anymore, swore off them for the recall issue and plastic bullshit breaking, but the Rav4s ability to run in inclement weather did impress me. I swapped it for a Mazda recently, we'll see how she does.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Literally nothing. Even new appliances like fridges and furnaces are purposely made to not last as long.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Search your feelings, /b/.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I wouldn't trust FCA electronics for reliability

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

i wouldn't trust your mom to reliably extract infant producing gravy from my meat tube with her mouth.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Well I trust your mom a whole lot. She's proven herself many times.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

And you shouldnt. My dad had a 2015 that couldnt stay out of the shop. I cant imagine how bad the new ones are

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yeah. A coworker has a 2022 Ram that's been in the shop nearly the entire time he's owned it with a total electrical failure. They can't figure out what's wrong with it, so they've been giving him new rental cars for the last year and a half. They're on the cusp of just giving him a new truck. You couldn't pay me to own a new FCA product lol.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>trucks are cars
      Air haulers BTFO

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

'94 Toyota Corolla

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>what is reading comprehension

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

most cars that were made before 2000

/thread

Can you dumb fricking morons actually read?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

yes, new cars just frickign suck

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Tesla Cybertruck.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>10 cents has been deposited to your Tesla account

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

20 years of RnD has resulted in the perfect car search your heart you know it to be true

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

most cars that were made before 2000

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

/thread

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

s u r v i v o r s h i p
      b i a s

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>muh leftard buzzwords
        >le new cheapshit is better
        have a nice day

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>old thing good!
          >new thing bad!
          >no frick you i'm right homosexual
          lmao go to bed gramps

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Cars were much cheaper in proportion to wages at that time, so most of the time repairs weren't seen as worth it and the car was scrapped - but if those cars held their value the way cars do today, they would have gotten those repairs they needed to stay on the road more often. Look at what people pay to keep their clunkers going now compared to back then, and compare how much more complex the cars people repair now are. Granted there was some shitty engineering at times, especially in the 80s, but the 1990s saw a great period of solid engineering that I think most people failed to appreciate.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>What is currently the most reliable and SOLID car of the 2020s?
    Toyota Prius

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

lmao most moron post of the day

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>they hated them because he spoke the truth

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Pretty much any EV with an LFP battery. The motors themselves are indestructible, just some copper windings, magnets, and a position sensor. No transmission, so that can't break. LFP batteries are indestructible as long as you don't charge them below freezing temps (all EVs have heaters in their batteries to protect against this). They will get millions of miles and still only be like 90% of their original capacity. Also don't have runaway thermal issues so no fires to worry about. Brakes last 5x as long because most of your braking is done with magnets in regen. You should have a car that only needs basic maintenance and lasts indefinitely.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous
      • 2 months ago
        Anonymous

That's impressive for the batteries but not so for the motors.
        Thats roughly 400k miles per battery but only 85k per motor.

I'm not sure if that one is lfp or which motors it used (permanent mag, etc) but that's interesting.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Its not impressive at all when you consider each of those battery packs totalled the car

You have to be a literal millionaire and make poor financial decisions to keep driving your iCar

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

A car built in the 1990s-2000s is still the most reliable car on the road in the 2020s.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Wish the white paint didn't just peel whenever it felt like it, but that's what rattlecans, newspapers, and painter's tape are for.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

is350

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

ND2 Miata

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The ungay bronco

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

S550 Mustang

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

jimny

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Are they actually reliable? Looks like a cheap POS and I don't see any Samurais still on the road, or older Jimnys in other countries when I travel. I've literally seen one abroad and it was a brand new one. Been fricking everywhere but it was somewhere in the Caribbean right when I left the airport, so being used as a "luxury" transport vehicle by CaribbeaBlack person standards.

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Anything with an NA V8.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Lexus GX maybe. I think its the only Toyota with a NA V8 left. The 2024 is switching over to a turbocharged V6 though.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The is500 is the lone man standing now

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Base model Ford F150 with the 5.0L V8.

I hate the way Ford is being run these days but they still make a good truck.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Toyota Corolla Hybrid
    thank me later, enjoy your motorcycle level mpgs and quiet cozy, if sterile ride.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Toyota hybrid powertrain. Anything else is wrong

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Toyotas are the only car where you have to replace the bumper because it just falls the frick off.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

*Teslas

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I feel like this is the best thread currently up to ask this in.
    Whats a good cheap shitbox I can get for driving to work? I have to drive about an hour on the highway every day and I want something cheap and reliable that doesnt need a lot of gas. Preferably not a hybrid but id take just about any diesel or gas shitbox that can handle around 90mph for an hour without sucking my wallet dry

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *