What is it about the CUV that makes it so attractive to the average car buyer?

What is it about the CUV that makes it so attractive to the average car buyer? How did the auto industry fool the entire world into thinking that they absolutely must have 1000kg extra steel cladding and zero visibility.

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>good gas mileage
    >good storage
    >good ride quality
    >hauls 5 people, sometimes 5+2midgets
    >low maintenance
    >it is a basic appliance like a washing machine or a stove - normies feel no more connection to their car than the box that washes their clothes or heats their slop

Also majority of crossovers have good visibility, not sure what you're talking about.

t. someone who owns a giant sedan and a BoF SUV

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>worse gas mileage than the sedan
      >worse storage than the sedan (unless you put the seat down)
      >worse ride quality than the sedan
      >sedan hauls 5 people, if you need a 3rd row get a minivan
      >more maintenance required than a sedan that's hauling 1000kg less weight
      >worse visibility than a sedan

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

oppositeposting is cancerous, either actually provide some counter points or frick off

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

White people are moronic, lobotomised sub-humans obsessed with brands, products, consumerism and what's trending.
          Modern whites are barely sentient and will do whatever a tv tells them to do; like wear masks for 2+ years and get israelite cum vaccines for a virus that didn't even exist
          Also white "men" don't exist anymore. All Westerners are highly effeminate, high estrogen, low testosterone cowards

My counter-point is you're a vaccinated moron and a barely sentient golem cattle npc consumer

Large SUVs make sense, they legitimately have a lot of room for storage. What I don't get is small crossovers, they're basically lifted hatchbacks, a lot of them don't have any more storage or seats than a sedan.

Storage for what you gay c**t?
          All the pointless plastic baubles and moronic homosexual consumer shit no human has ever needed, ever, in all human history, that you fill your pointless, worthless, useless eater life with. Do you want to take all that junk in the grave with you too, b***h?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

[...]

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

clinic
            Maybe bring your useless idiot prostitute mother who failed to raise you into a man too

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

No. The truth belongs everywhere. And this is the truth about why these bubble trucks are everywhere now.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

ok mohammad

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>sedan hauls 5 people, if you need a 3rd row get a minivan
        or just get the middle option that is halfway between both and you don't have to have multiple cars to satisfy your needs

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>gets 38mpg combined in your path
        Some of the newest crossovers get the same mileage you'd expect from an econo-sedan just a few years ago. Your average driver that commutes on straight line roads also doesn't care about handling, ride quality on most crossovers is better due to having more tire than every sedan (which now has a "sport tuned" suspension and low profile tires), drivetrains are shared with regular cars most of the time making maintenance virtually the same, and visibility is one of the largest selling points for normies since you're typically surrounded by pickup trucks and soccer moms in Yukons in traffic nowadays.
        It's not to say that CUVs aren't shit by any means, but there's a lot of things that are appealing about them to the "average car buyer"

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

But a hybrid Camry gets 55 mpg combined.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/dZFImjQ.jpg

>gets 38mpg combined in your path
            Some of the newest crossovers get the same mileage you'd expect from an econo-sedan just a few years ago. Your average driver that commutes on straight line roads also doesn't care about handling, ride quality on most crossovers is better due to having more tire than every sedan (which now has a "sport tuned" suspension and low profile tires), drivetrains are shared with regular cars most of the time making maintenance virtually the same, and visibility is one of the largest selling points for normies since you're typically surrounded by pickup trucks and soccer moms in Yukons in traffic nowadays.
            It's not to say that CUVs aren't shit by any means, but there's a lot of things that are appealing about them to the "average car buyer"

And the PHEVs like the Ford Escape Plug in Hybrid get 37 miles electric only range. Almost as good as the original Volt.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

gas mileage than the sedan
        This doesn't matter when the difference is so negligible.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>worse storage than the sedan (unless you put the seat down)
        Not true. Even without the seat down, going deck to ceiling in an suv gets you much more storage (unless you get a coupe style with the moronic fastback design). The option to push the seat down you have almost double the capacity of a seat down sedan that essentially negates the seat down utility because of the wheel wells. I once hauled an amerishart sized refrigerator in a Rav 4 with the seat down and with the back gate completely shut

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>good visibility

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>europe
        >crossovers
        >posts american truck
        >probably with Black person owner

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>europe
        >crossovers
        >posts american truck
        >probably with Black person owner

>baka
        Why are Black folk always shaking their head?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

What the frick I didn't say "baka" i said "s m h" you weeblet homosexual ass Black personfilter what the frick is a baka?!

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>baka

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

My parents' 190hp X1 20i got the same MPG as my old 350hp Golf R estate and much worse MPG than my current 3.0 3 Series

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

BMW cannot into gasoline engines
        That's a known fact
        Most of the Europe buys only diesel cars from them

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>B38
          >B48
          >B58
          >S58
          bruh

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

yeah but they're fugly. The best looking cuv will always look worse than the shittiest sedan

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

women drive the purchases of family cars and they like to be perched up high because of their bird like brains

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

exactly, Sitting Up High In Traffic arms race with birdbrain b***hes who can't drive for shit

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>*scrapes off his oil pan and has to pay hundreds to replace it*

Anon 3" of ground clearance is not normal or practical. What's really happening is manufacturers have been skimping out on ground clearance because fuel economy regulations mean they have to make cars too low and with tiny lightweight wheels. You're the one driving a POS that's the result of strict regulations.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

rav 4 ground clearance is 8 inches
          corolla ground clearance is 5 inches

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

rav 4 ground clearance is 8 inches
          corolla ground clearance is 5 inches

mazda 5 ground clearance is 5.5 inches
          cx5 ground clearance is 7.5 inches
          cx50 ground clearance is 8.5 inches

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>*scrapes off his oil pan and has to pay hundreds to replace it*
          real vw golf hours

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>women

in the first world these are not a problem. I drive a lowered car and I have zero issues with any of these because I pay attention while driving. CUVs are cars for insecure women and people who drive like women. when I was growing up most women drove compacts or sedans. I'm tired of the arms race making every car pigfat and enormous.

>insecure women
      >people who drive like women
      >when I was growing up most women

because in burgerland people have been making excuses for why they need the largest possible vehicles for their daily commute in stop and go traffic for decades. the roads here are arguably worse than western europe and there is no reason you need more than 5 inches of ground clearance if you don't drive like a woman who treats her vehicle like it's disposable. hell in latin america the roads are way worse and they love their lowered shitboxes.

>you don't drive like a woman

>Caring about fuel efficiency is kinda gay.
      Spending money on shit you don't need is peak womanoidhood

>peak womanoidhood
      Did we get another schizo or is it hairdresser anon again?

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>make normal cars moronicly low
    >people start buying slightly lifted cars all of a sudden
    >surprised_pikachu_face.jpg

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

post breasts

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Here's 1990 VW Passat instead.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

And 2020 VW Passat

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

explain why the average city or suburb dweller needs more than 5 inches of ground clearance. do you get seasonal monsoons? or is it actually that you suck at driving, hit curbs and potholes constantly, and scraping your plastic undertray pulling into the mcdonalds drive thru gives you PTSD?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Ramps
            >Curbs
            >Speedbumps
            >Raised crossings and intersections
            >Railway crossings
            >Potholes
            >Deeper water puddles
            At least that's what other people usually tell me after I ask them why do they drive a cuckover. Ground clearance is not everything, it's the long and low hanging front bumper that's usually in the way.

>you
            >you suck
            >you
            >PTSD
            Where did the CUV touch you anon? I mean I don't like them either, but you look very insecure discussing this particular topic for some reason.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

in the first world these are not a problem. I drive a lowered car and I have zero issues with any of these because I pay attention while driving. CUVs are cars for insecure women and people who drive like women. when I was growing up most women drove compacts or sedans. I'm tired of the arms race making every car pigfat and enormous.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Speedbumps
            Third world countries don't have those at all. I'm talking about the EU, since I live here and the OP is about Europe.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

What kind of clown city do you live in where speed bumps destroy the car's undercarriage?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Never said it's about the undercarriage. Please pay more attention.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

unless you're driving an old land yacht with one meter of overhang in front of the front wheels none of these features will destroy your bumper in normal city traffic. and when I was in yurop it didn't seem drastically different, if anything the pavement surface was better maintained. is it that you want to jump everything at full speed? because just because you can hit one of those in a cuckover at full speed without cracking your oil pan doesn't mean you're not beating the shit out of your suspension hard parts, wheels, fasteners, bushings, and subframe. none of which have been beefed up for the kind of abuse normies seem to think their mazda cx30 and fiat 500x can take.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>when I was in yurop
            So if you don't live here, why do you even have an opinion to post?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

because in burgerland people have been making excuses for why they need the largest possible vehicles for their daily commute in stop and go traffic for decades. the roads here are arguably worse than western europe and there is no reason you need more than 5 inches of ground clearance if you don't drive like a woman who treats her vehicle like it's disposable. hell in latin america the roads are way worse and they love their lowered shitboxes.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Why does anyone need an excuse to have a bigger vehicle? I have a harder time finding a use for a small vehicle.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Because I want to park on the curb wherever I go

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

2020 has 5.4 inches of ground clearance. Couldn't find data on the 1990 but the 91 has 4.6 inches. Both per carspecs.us. The 2020 has side skirts that make it look lower because that's what's popular

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

See

>Ramps
            >Curbs
            >Speedbumps
            >Railway crossings
            >Potholes
            >Deeper water puddles
            At least that's what other people usually tell me after I ask them why do they drive a cuckover. Ground clearance is not everything, it's the long and low hanging front bumper that's usually in the way.

>you
            >you suck
            >you
            >PTSD
            Where did the CUV touch you anon? I mean I don't like them either, but you look very insecure discussing this particular topic for some reason.

, it's not the clearance, it's the front overhang and approach angle. People even park a few feet away from the curbs instead of touching them with their front wheels like they used to do with older cars.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Cars are meant to be low.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Like your IQ

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

YWNBAW

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This is actually true for ground clearances. The have decreased since the 80s by an average of 4inches. The average for 2010s was 6inch clearance on sedans it is now 5inches. Which cars like the camery accord and sentra have stayed nearly the same since 2010 the same cannot be said for other popular sedan models. Incidentally theres a decreasing clearance in trucks as well.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>1000kg extra steel cladding
    The ZR-V is the CUV version of the Civic and it only weighs 50-100kg more

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You can enter the cars comfortably with high heels on.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

No one wears high heels regularly enough for it to be a consideration, but the majority *are* fat enough that comfortable entry and exit of a vehicle is a selling point. The crossover is at a height where the average person neither has to climb nor stoop to enter and can just slide out when they exit.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Sliding in with heels on is harder.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Large SUVs make sense, they legitimately have a lot of room for storage. What I don't get is small crossovers, they're basically lifted hatchbacks, a lot of them don't have any more storage or seats than a sedan.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>they're basically lifted hatchbacks
      close, but most have maybe an extra inch of clearance
      in reality they are just taller, more 'upright' coupes
      which is apparently what the general public wants in terms of features/styling

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Maybe people are more annoyed by under-bumper scraping than I had assumed.
        Or they just see these things on the glowing screen and buy it because the glowing screen said so.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Maybe people are more annoyed by under-bumper scraping than I had assumed.
          The bumpers used to be simple, not painted and with flexible lips on the bottom. Now they are complex with a lot of elements, painted in at least body color with lots of fake chrome and a hard (and painted with optional chrome) lip on the bottom because every car wants to be a race car apparently. I can totally get why people try to avoid damaging these.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I repainted parts of my Civic recently to patch up some rock chips and other scrapes.
            When I looked under the front bumper I just gave up. As much as I hate these ugly cars I can't help being a bit jealous that they just skip the paint entirely on the shitty plastic both our cars have anyways.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>these ugly cars
            I don't get what cars are you referring to here.
            Even in the OP's example the ~~*designers*~~ decided that the lower part of the bumper desperately needs the same paint everything else is covered with.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

When I think of this general class of vehicles this is the first example that comes to mind.
            Looks like an SUV of sorts, but without being a huge brick. Probably gets as good mileage as my sedan, so I don't really have an argument against it, but I still resent it because it's related to SUVs.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>pic
            Still has a painted part down there in different trims/markets. The one you posted has a protruding chin for some moronic reason. A lot of cuckovers do.
            >Looks like an SUV of sorts, but without being a huge brick
            Because it's a small eggshit blob. What's wrong with bricks, by the way?
            >Probably gets as good mileage as my sedan
            Is your "sedan" tiny?
            >I still resent it because it's related to SUVs
            What's wrong with SUVs in general? The good ones are build on truck platforms or are closely related to them.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>What's wrong with bricks, by the way?
            Huge, so they weigh a lot. Not as aerodynamic, so there's more drag. So they have less fuel efficiency.
            I know that it's contradictory to complain about when I just called the eggshit blobs that are designed like that to be more aerodynamic, but still.
            >Is your "sedan" tiny?
            No, it's just old. Pic related. I guess it looks small compared to the mode car in America but it still feels a bit big to me.
            >What's wrong with SUVs in general?
            Poor fuel economy even on newer models. The really big ones (like a Ford Expedition) can easily obstruct my view of an entire lane and even traffic lights. Feel pointless for most people to own when Minivans exist for cheaper.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>pic related
            Forgot that

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Poor fuel economy
            >Huge, so they weigh a lot. Not as aerodynamic, so there's more drag. So they have less fuel efficiency.
            Caring about fuel efficiency is kinda gay. Driving a heavy brick fast is based, as well as tearing up the air with it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Caring about fuel efficiency is kinda gay.
            Spending money on shit you don't need is peak womanoidhood

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Nope, it's deciding what others don't need.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>muh 400sqft apartment is all you need

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

add 1.2 million dollars of debt to the bottom 4 pictures

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>350k house
            >$50k truck
            >back yard wedding

Not seeing 1.2m?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>12% APR and two refinances on the house
            >20% APR on the car

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Damn you got some fricked up credit anon

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>50k truck
            More like 90k plus the double digit interest on the financing for the next 7-8 years.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>back yard wedding
            What's wrong with that? Are you a woman?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Debt is the bank's problem

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It becomes the trugg-owner's problem when the bank takes the house and trugg back.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That's not going to stop me from blocking the toe and squatting in the house

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

All the repo company need do is file Claim Of Delivery paperwork then the cops will ensure they can remove the vehicle and if you block the tow they remove you.

t.did repos for a used car lot. Pretty chill and never needed to file since most people can be reasoned with.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

And you believe the cops will be able to help them?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

They just stopped making actual cars outright. Look at what happens when you go to this URL
            https://www.ford.com/cars/focus/

Please go back to 9gag you phoneposting homosexual

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

99% of crossovers scrape on the same bumps as the cars they share platforms with. 0.25inches of ground clearance difference makes no difference

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>they're basically lifted hatchbacks
      What do you mean you don't get it? You may want to larp as the boy racer with your lowered thing, but normal people don't want to scrape the ground all the time. These aren't raised vehicles, they're just closer to what a vehicle actually should be. Go back in time and put these tiny wheels on a wagon or Ford Model T and they'll laugh at you as that shit scrapes the ground at every bump.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

crossovers still have more vertical storage space than sedans. fold down the back seats, and it's doubled.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>small, easy to park
    >hatchback cargo/utility space
    >lifted, easier to enter and better for snow
    >sometimes awd for snow and messy inclines
    >cheaper than a large suv
    If a family can only afford one car this is it.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Remember when europeans said this was just an american problem?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You mean a couple of contrarian DAtists larping as Europeans?

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the western world is getting older and older and older
    old people can't bend their knees

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

There's nothing wrong with (3 row) SUVs.
    It's these CUVs that are just bloated sedans that are the problem.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Turns out nobody wants to drag on the ground and damage their car every time there's a slight variation in the road.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>What is it about the CUV that makes it so attractive to the average car buyer? How did the auto industry fool the entire world into thinking that they absolutely must have 1000kg extra steel cladding and zero visibility.
    It's closer than you think bro. Go look at CX-30 vs Mazda3 Hatchback. Civic hatchback vs HR-V/CR-V. Super similar. Basically slightly taller for fatty/old people to clamber in and out of, slightly better vis, slightly better ground clearance to ride better over shitty roads,

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>drive ford edge
    >thinking of downgrading back to a more economic sedan when this eventually dies
    >ford "we dont make those no more"

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the average car buyer cares only about getting a general-mobile that is okay in most aspects

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

Europeans are obsessed with Americans, so it makes sense that they love cars that physically resemble the burger denizens.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm guessing
    >easier to get in and out of compared to a sedan
    You don't have to bend down too low to get in
    >higher ground clearance
    >no ridiculously long front bonnet, which makes the car shorter, which makes it easier to park and turn out of a lot
    >comfortable enough for daily NPC use
    >more than decent fuel economy
    "but muh sedans are better!" There's functionally no difference in how many times you go to the fuel station
    >appropriately shaped rear storage space for bulky items
    >good visibility
    "but muh C pillars!" What is your C pillar blocking that you cannot see from your side mirror? Guess what a C pillar blocks? It starts with S and ends with IDE. Guess what a side mirror helps you see? It also starts with S and ends with IDE.
    >muh driving dynamics
    Most people buy a car because they need one, not because they want one, why would they give a shit about driving dynamics when they're not a petrolhead? For the purposes of most people, they want to pay less money for a car that can drive comfortably enough, not more money for one that drives less comfortably.
    "but SUVs are more expensive"
    If you fall for the "luxury" LARP then yes they are, in which case you deserve to pay more cos you're a fricking idiot.
    >"but muh body roll"
    Don't drive like a maniac then?

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

SUV is just a minivan with a bit cooler body design.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>no sliding doors
      >3rd row is usually for small people without legs

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

SUVs and big trucks need to be banned.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

This has to stop.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

seething redditor lmao

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>13 reasonably sized cars
      >1 humongous monstrosity
      >this is why I hate cars!!!

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Why do you hate trams so much? They're neat and work good as a tourist attraction in historic city centers.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

nta but in muh city we have them and they're used exclusively by junkies as a toilet for shitting and injecting

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>This is why i hate cars
      >please like my comment now!!

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Mershites taking up two spaces

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Lol. Get fricked eurogays. Thats not even that big of a pickup. I daily drive one that has another 5-6' of length over that one. Keep seething that you are crammed into that tiny shithole country and don't have room to do anything.

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That's not Germany

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Live like insects in cramped cities
      >Citizen parks their freely purchased vehicle in parking spot
      >Oi guvnah do you 'ave a loicense to do that
      >Let me "tow" (steal) your vehicle and put it for ransom
      Holy shit Europe is GAY as FRICK

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

There was a recent thread where usanon complained about his vehicle stolen by some tow company operating under orders of his housing manager or something.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>What is it about the CUV that makes it so attractive to the average car buyer?
    Because it has a little bit of everything.
    >appeal of an "SUV" but not too big
    >city car but still slightly raised for better clearance
    >easy to park, decent enough storage
    >small and cheap but still has presence of a larger vehicle due to height
    >it larps as a family hauler or off roader while essentially being a hatchback

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the average car buyer in 2024 is brown and female (stupid goes without saying).
    all white men already got wagons.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Euro car makers forgot how to make practical small cars.
    So people migrated to the next best thing, a small practical crossover.

And as long as they will prioritize muh fuel economy over the headroom of the 2nd row of seat this will continue.

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

because the average new car buyer is a fat 50+ years old who would not fit inside a smaller car

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>hey guys why do you want a lifted wagon, literally the most practical car design possible?
    >don't you want this gas guzzling real offroader instead? or a gas guzzling V8 car that's 1" off the ground and scrapes when you pull out of your driveway?

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

More capacity is always better than less capacity and for those forced to own only one vehicle an SUV makes practical sense. Autism resents that but they can always buy used vehicles and keep those forever by not being wrenchlets.

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Here in bongland, it's because the roads are disintegrating and they stopped maintaining them a decade ago.

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's all brainwashing to get people used to the idea of pods. They're fricking coming for you in plain sight and everyone is still fricking oblivious.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

hell yeah brother the gubmint is out there to get ya that's why year by year every car and truck grows in size!
      make sure to join our discord

29. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The first mass market vehicle was an SUV, so you're the trendy homosexual advocating sedans!

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

NONONOO IF ITS 2WD ITS NOT AN ASS YOU VEE

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

We have roads today gramps.

30. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i destroyed my sedan in dirt roads and needed something i wouldn’t frick up every time i’m not on paved roads and with gas prices going up a truck wasn’t an option
    >t. suv owner

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Your sedan obviously wasn't a Panther

31. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's men allowing their wives to pick what car they want instead of just giving her one.

32. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I want a CUV convertible really. The ragtop I have atm is a car with painted low hanging bumpers, side skirts and unprotected oil pan, so every time I hit an unpaved road on my scenic routes, I'm down to crawl speeds, and instead of looking at the landscape around, I'm concerned only with the small part of it directly in front of the car.
    I have like three options though, two of them discontinued, and the last is a Volkswagen with tiny-ass anemic engines that would definitely feel like a downgrade lol.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I'll consider buying SUVs if they look like modified C-HRs. I like that chonky chin video game racing car look.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/33wyisi.jpg

CUVs look gay asf, manly because of how fat they are and who drives them
        Lift a normal car and give it mud tires, at least they don't look like they're made for single moms and office cucks

Can't you guys read?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

CUVs look gay asf, manly because of how fat they are and who drives them
      Lift a normal car and give it mud tires, at least they don't look like they're made for single moms and office cucks

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>just lift a vehicle specifically made to have the CG as low as possible
        >just design and fabricate an entirely new suspension cause lifting mcdonalds with spacers doesn't give you much
        >just design and fabricate new front end and skid plates, probably new fenders too
        >just source, mate with an engine and install a different transaxle gearbox and axle shafts to handle the bigger and way heavier wheels
        >you now spent an ungodly amount of money and your shitbox drives like shit
        >all that for it to not look gay to some stranger on the internet

33. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>roads are full of potholes
    >speed bumps everywhere
    and people still act surprised when people go for CUVs that have that extra bit of ground clearance compared to a sedan

34. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Dumb holes love the safety feeling and a bit more space to fill with trash

35. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

car buyers are idiots
    all crossovers are unredeemable garbage
    this topic is not worth discussing

36. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

if you go to look up what new cars are available to purchase now it's all crossovers and suvs.

37. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>1000kg extra steel cladding and zero visibility.
    That was the safety and emissions j*ws

38. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's a hatchback/wagon with extra ground clearance and ease of ingress/egress.
    The hit to MPG and body control are regarded as acceptable tradeoffs for most people.
    I drive a Corolla Cross and putting around it just feels like a Corolla with 66 cubic feet of cargo space.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The corolla cross would've been perfect with the camry's 2.5L. With the 2.0L it's acceleration is too slow.

39. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Being able to get into one is pretty attractive. The typical modern sedan is made for manlets. When you're over 190cm, even finding a comfortable driving position becomes a challenge.

40. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Shit for book “smart” buyers that ticks boxes on their autistic lists.

41. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because cars are tools, appliances. This is the most all-rounder version of that particular appliance. It does everything fairly well without making too big sacrifices in any area.
    The reason they don't appeal to people on this board or in this thread is because they don't focus on one particular attribute of the car like speed or handling, things that detract from it's purpose as an appliance but feed into passion, which is what drives any kind of enthusiast.
    Most people who drive their cars aren't thinking about their cars in the way you do. For them it's like being excited and interested in TVs, coffee machines or ovens.

42. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I would just like to remind people Euro and American SUVs are not the same.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They are. Your full sized so-called "truck-based SUVs" now have IRS, and it's only a matter of time for them to become unibody. American midsize SUVs are already the same cuckovers like Europoors have, have been like that for two decades I believe.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

There's like 3 BoF SUVs in the USDM.

43. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They are better family cars then sedans and don't have the stink of mini van.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Clean your minivan anon

44. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>1000kg extra steel cladding
    What

45. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Have you been in a newer sedan recently? They're all tiny now. If you're on the taller side, they're just not even an option.

46. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I made my peace with modern society when I embraced esotericism.
    Real knowledge and taste will always be available to a privileged elite. We should fight for our right and freedom to retain access to these philosophies and ways of life (even retreat into secret societies if necessary), but there is no point imposing our views on mass society.

The vulgar plebs will always remain NPCs, driven by perceived convenience and herd movement at the expense of the things that really matter

47. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Fuel prices are subsidized and artificially low because 4/5ths of road use fees are paid for out of general taxpayer funds and high EV registration prices.
    The roads are crumbling because of all the heavy vehicles so people want a tall vehicle that can deal with bad roads and make them feel safer.
    So they buy a tall heavy vehicle to be 'safe' even though it is less fuel efficient because the fuel is subsidized so it doesn't matter that it does 20mpg real-world instead of the 25mpg on the sticker, or the 30mpg their old car did.
    This makes the roads crumble even faster, requiring even more taxpayer funds, and at the same time fuel prices can't get raised higher because the cars are now so fuel inefficient.
    So they just tap the general fund more raising taxes or as is more often the case just running up the federal credit card debt.

Nothing can get out of this dilemma except for strong Government action and regulations restricting heavy vehicles to only the people who absolutely need them and will pay for the true damage they do.
    Driving a vehicle that weighs over 4400lbs should require a higher-tier license with more restrictions, and vehicles under that should be made cheaper to register the lighter weight they are.
    The cost of fuel, and the road use fees also need to be allowed to float back up to their actual cost, no more subsidies for heavy inefficient vehicles.

48. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>SUVs Now Account More Than Half Of All Cars Sales In Europe
    >"SUVs"
    >Implying unibody crossovers are body-on-frame SUVs
    Real SUVs are banned and illegal in You-rope

You will never be a real BoF V8 SUV

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Real SUVs are banned and illegal in You-rope
      Incorrect. There was an assembly line Europeanized Tahoes, Escalades and even Hummers came out from for a decade or so in not very distant past.
      >You will never be a real BoF V8 SUV
      You won't have those either very soon. See

There's like 3 BoF SUVs in the USDM.

They are. Your full sized so-called "truck-based SUVs" now have IRS, and it's only a matter of time for them to become unibody. American midsize SUVs are already the same cuckovers like Europoors have, have been like that for two decades I believe.

49. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Everyone is buying subs
    >Meanwhile I had to buy a 4 meter small compact since it was the cheapest car that fit my criteria
    Why have I to be this poor?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *