What is the appeal of straight piping? Being loud is annoying as frick

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

So I can shoot flames with my shit tune and not ignite my catalytic converter shooting sparks out the back.

2. 2 months ago
    Greased Geese

it costs me less money to not put an exhaust on my car.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

L O L
      S T F U

• 2 months ago
      p

Ever notice how the only reply you get is people telling you to stop trying so hard to fit in, milhouse?
      Every time you post you sound desperate for our approval and its cringe af.
      Just lurkmore, and acknowledge that you will never fit in here, newbie.
      Also stop ban evading, Gaped Loose

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Shut the frick up.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Kill your self homosexual

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

What, you'd rather get gay piped?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

hilarious joke boomer

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

hilarious joke boomer

I lol'd.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Being loud is annoying as frick
    Thats the point.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/USElwh4.jpg

Science research has shown people who were neglected or abused as children want to compensate by having loud cars for attention.

no cap fr fr on Hayzoose

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

this

https://i.imgur.com/WBgoZNH.jpg

i dont want to spend money for your comfort sorry

have a nice day gaped loose

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This. Ever meet someone who talks really loud all the time? It's like that but a car.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

So basically every American?

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I went with AWE myself.
      My job has early start, and a lot of neighbors aren't up. I went low profile

6. 2 months ago
    Greased Geese

i dont want to spend money for your comfort sorry

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The madman didn't even deburr the edges.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I don't get it either. A straight pipe flows worse than a resonator. Straight piping results in less horsepower i.e. worse performance. It's popular with room temperature mouth breathers though.

• 2 months ago
      Greased Geese

how does having baffles increase flow

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Resonators don't have baffles, moron. They have a perforated internal pipe

• 2 months ago
          Greased Geese

how do either of these increase flow

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

read:
            https://low-offset.com/guides/exhaust-back-pressure/

• 2 months ago
            Greased Geese

the only thing an exhaust needs to do is to not carbon monoxide you, it doesn't explicitly NEED to meet noise regs or have a catalytic converter at all.
            and as far as peak efficiancy the way I understand it is that having long tubes with a 3" collector and a 2ft long extensiuon off of that usually nets peak hp.
            all of this backpressure catalytic converter resonator huey is brainwash.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Correct, As the rpm and exhaust velocity change, what the engine needs in terms of exhaust design also changes.
            But you can’t really change your tubing length on the fly; you’re pretty much stuck with what you have installed.
            That’s why it’s always a trade-off — if a certain tubing length gives you peak performance in a certain rpm range, it’ll give you worse performance in other parts of the rev range.
            When exhaust scavenging, back pressure, velocity, piping diameter, valve timing, and overlap are all optimally balanced, what you end up with is an ideal exhaust system setup.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Exhaust performance depends entirely on the engine and the limits of space for the vehicle.

All engines have a point where the pipe mergers have a scavenging benefit. Scavenging = increased flow.
            An H-pipe scavenges worse than a Y-pipe. A Y-pipe too close or too far from the ideal point scavenges worse than a shitty 90 degree bend Y-pipe at the ideal point.
            A good exhaust with mufflers and cats flows better than individual straight pipes.

just google "exhaust pulse scavenging"
            there's nothing wrong with a good 2>1 y-pipe merge and dual exhausts are not necessary for good performance.

Brown people like when people hear and see them, it’s IQ related

The amount of people who actually think louder exhaust automatically means more HP is astounding.
            If a V8 engine had simple straight-pipe on each bank, no merging, nothing else, it would make less power under nearly all driving conditions and significantly less power at wot without headers custom made for it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

This says nothing about a resonator being better than straight pipe.

https://i.imgur.com/U4NU8fR.png

the only thing an exhaust needs to do is to not carbon monoxide you, it doesn't explicitly NEED to meet noise regs or have a catalytic converter at all.
            and as far as peak efficiancy the way I understand it is that having long tubes with a 3" collector and a 2ft long extensiuon off of that usually nets peak hp.
            all of this backpressure catalytic converter resonator huey is brainwash.

Rule of thumb is paint the scavenger, make a few passes, where the paint is burnt off is the length you want.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

lewd

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>get lockjaw in your dick
            >it's always hard

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

would.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Sheeeit, cuz, pipes be last weak
    you got get dem whistle tips
    dey be like woo WOoooOOOO

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Based oldgay. Based rubb. Based whistles

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Based oldgay. Based rubb. Based whistles

Das only in da mornin'

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You're supposed to be up cookin' breakfast or somethin'. It's like a little alarm clock! WOO WOOOOOOOO

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>What is the appeal of straight piping?
    It advertises the demographic of the driver to everyone within a mile radius

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have mufflers, just no cats. Not gonna pay extra for catalytic converters or have my drive like shit at 30 years of age with a clogged cat.
    Still pretty loud thoughever, but not as much as your average motorcycle.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>have 5 cylinder turbocharged engine
    >cat, resonator, and muffler make the car sound quiet as frick
    >remove cat and resonator but keep muffler
    >its a straight-thru high flow anyway
    >car sounds like an actual car now, not obnoxious like a honda with a fartcan but smooth and grumbly because 5cyl turbo

• 2 months ago
      Greased Geese

I don't know if this is still something that happens on modern cars but the shit they put in catalytic converters can actually come apart and clog with a combination of condensation water and exhaust soot, I know it would kill a bigass bigblock 460 flat dead when the catalytic converters come apart on them, I would imagine just getting rid of a cat would probably wake it up a bit.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

That's still a thing, but it depends on the car. Either way, removing a catted header is always a good idea. The cat in the downpipe can stay, that shit doesn't matter.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yes yes very good very good, however... How does it sound inside the cabin now? Are you getting drone at cruise rpm?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

did something similar that has minimal drone at cruising. swapped in a high flow cat and replaced the two suitcase mufflers with a pass through resonator and a rear helmholtz. take off that rear and the drone is fricking unbearable. haven't tried straight piping the mid to see what happens yet

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I just learned to live with mine. Straight piped from headers until a pair of some pretty permissive glass packs at the end. Drone exactly at 2100 is pretty uncomfortable. Its a 5 speed, so at least I can keep it quiet in residential areas by cruising in 4th or 5th as low RPM as I can keep it, practically coasting. On the highway I just keep it at 3 and its quiet in the cabin. Only solution I've heard of is welding on J pipes, which I certainly wont do.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>grumbly because 5cyl turbo
      Do europoors really feel this way?
      Imagine just idling around Europe in a supercharged 6L V8 with a .600 lift cam and a long enough duration to recite the pledge of allegiance.
      I feel like 90% of witnesses would have an aneurysm.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>immediately whines about yurop
        rent free. i5 engines do have decent rumbles and burbles and have a nice scream at higher revs. some people like different sounds. let's just agree that 4 poppers sound like a garbage bin with bees and move on

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

homies think they're making a statement by having the cheapest and laziest mod

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

My first auto job was awful. Every so often we'd get these POS cars that are actually unsafe to drive and the kid just wanted me to remove the muffler.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

To proudly announce to the world how much they love dick in their ass and swallowing semen.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Cars that are loud as frick while making less than 500 hp are cringe as frick. Not just modded shit also stock garbage like Golf GTIs or Fiesta STs. How people aren't embarrassed do drive those fartboxes is beyond me.

• 2 months ago
      Greased Geese

pretty interesting opinion anon, but what do you drive?

15. 2 months ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

Brown people like when people hear and see them, it’s IQ related

• 2 months ago
      Greased Geese

brown people don't use their exhaust to make racket they use the walmart subwoofer rattle.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That's basketball hip hop rappers. I have an injun neighbor (dots not feathers) that always blasts gay ass hip hop rap when he drivrs up in his ugly, slow, gay red v6 charger. He wants to be one of them so bad it's fricking sad and funny. He even hip hop raps to himself when he walks away from his car. Kek

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Was meant for

https://i.imgur.com/dZ5mnBF.gif

brown people don't use their exhaust to make racket they use the walmart subwoofer rattle.

Captcha: SMJ00

• 2 months ago
        Greased Geese

that's kindof the weird thing about pajeets is that they become 200x more annoying when they try to fit in, you give them a computer and they'll nick your grandmothers identity, you give them a car with a stereo they instantly think they're africans and if you give them netflix they'll become giant fricking daki pillow weebs.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

nuke ‘em see how far the shit flies

• 2 months ago
            Greased Geese

the mushroom cloud would have a bit of a brown tint to it.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>gets bullied in every thread
          >ahahaha those pajeets right fellow DAers
          You will never fit in here and take it as a blessing.

• 2 months ago
            Greased Geese

one moron runs through the catalog cntrl+fs my name and replies the same gay shit is not 'bullied in every thread'
            I am being stalked by frosty because he's a giant homosexual troony.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>newbie has a meltdown for being called out for being a newbie
            LOL pottery

• 2 months ago
            p

Frick off desperate newbie.

16. 2 months ago
    Greased Geese
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

One cylinder too many other wise spot in VQ35

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

So a V7 configuration?

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

people with a loud exhaust are at a predisposition for being labeled as a jabroni

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I just want lightweight exhaust and the titanium setup is only available in a straight pipe. Sometimes it's not about the sound.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

If you’re going to a titanium exhaust you’ve scrapped every ounce of sound deadening and window weight, have only one seat, and basically drive a rattle box on the streets because you’re trying to save weight. So post your car now. Anything less deserves a punch to the jaw.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

My car is sitting in Ft. Worth TX, in pieces while I'm on the border, so no, but you are correct that I've basically taken everything out. It even lacks power steering.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Dad will finally pay attention to me.

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

low IQ poors were raised in noisy and aggressive households, in noisy and aggressive neighborhoods. obnoxiously loud cars are an extension of this.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Being loud as frick

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

when I lived in an multistory apartment building there was a guy who would bring his mustang and do several pulls down our street at around 2 in the morning several times a week. it would wake us all up, rattle windows, set off car alarms, the works.
    no idea why he did it but one night my roommate went outside and hid by the road, waited for him to show up, and threw a bunch of coins at his car as it passed. he then ran back upstairs and we watched from our balcony as the guy sat in his car, probably shitting his pants in rage lmao
    anyways he never came back after that. I think that's what all straight pipe gays deserve. they want attention, so they should get it.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Sounds good, if we exclude the loudness(dba). Some people falsely believe that straight pipe increases engine power. If majority of cars came with low amount of sound insulation between engine bay and car interior as stock, then loud exhaust systems would be a lot less common. Many modern cars have too much sound insulation between engine bay and car interior.

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

morons that think loud = good dont know about that silence = gold

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I had a cut-off right after the headers, loud and annoying. Just put a full flow master mandrel bent exhaust, sounds great.

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

gets rid of some turbo lag

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's fun to shake the whole motherfricking block with a v8, sissy girls
    It's a testosterone thing

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This pic makes no sense, the Hellcat went down in displacement compared to the SRT8 and added a frickoff huge blower
      Fiat dropping the TwinAir from 1.0l to 0.9l and adding a turbo would be a more apt comparison

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I run my 540i (M62) with supersprint headers (no cats) and a straight pipe with a high flow resonator. It brought the car to life. Throttle response is so different.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *