What is the reason that the fatalities of car crashes are the highest they've ever been, and the fatalities are rising?

What is the reason that the fatalities of car crashes are the highest they've ever been, and the fatalities are rising? At least in the US. What has changed to make this happen? Something must have happened.

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

maybe this is insignificant, but cars are getting wayyy taller than they should be. so the likelihood of dying in a collision with a pedestrian is higher. im sure youve seen those cars with fronts like 5 feet tall.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>psychological after effects of empty roads during covid19 incentivizing speeding
    >law enforcement drastically reduced traffic stop frequency as a means of protesting funding disputes
    >people are just generally not giving a shit about traffic laws anymore or are in a rush because of their commute
    >average age of used vehicles/fleet is rising because people can't afford to replace their cars as often
    >the above statement combined with the fact that newer cars and trucks are becoming more like tanks with each passing year
    >more electric cars on the road(mostly RWD and are more prone to catching on fire after accidents)
    >more vehicles on the road
    >more pedestrians on the road
    >more cyclists on the road
    >more wildlife on the road
    >road quality is deteriorating
    >etc.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>fatalities of car crashes are the highest they've ever been
    there is no way this is true,source?

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

one factor might be cars and driving being more trivialized to the average person than ever, making their brain all mush
    >less interest and consequently less understanding of cars and driving
    >"who cares it's just something from A to B"
    >globohomosexual electronic gimmicks being the selling point
    >everything automated such that you barely need to point the steering where you're going
    >personality-less, unmaintainable, will never feel like owning a mechanical pet
    >isolated from road feedback which then feeds back to "just something for le A to B"

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

from road feedback
      I want to build a time machine and beat the crap out of the people who invented eps.
      I still drive my 22 year old car with no plans to get a new one.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

And those cars are way, way too fast for the average moron. The days of family vehicles needing double digits for the 60 mark are long gone, now they're peeling out in four seconds and change in massive two and a half ton bloatmobiles and performing insane suicide bomber overtakes because of that false sense of security.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Yeah, we unironically need to go back to the days of a <4 second 0-60 times being solely the realm of expensive supercars. I don't like sharing the road with Karen on TikTok screaming at her kids in her 7000lb Kia EV that has the same 0-60 time as a Lambo.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

More shitskin monkeys being pumped in and driving on our roads. You don't rip something out of the stone age and put it in an industrial age machine.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

nannies promoting bad driving

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

More people
    More mexicans and other assorted thirdies
    More women have licenses
    Everyone is on drugs

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I'm driving the safest car on the market so I don't see what's the big deal

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

trust me it'll ruin your day, week and month all the same when you get into a collision and have to figure out the bureaucracy, be without your car and it never being truly as good as new again

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

wtf i'm buying a keicar now

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>Get crushed and killed instantly by Stacey in her Ram 3500
          >put out of your misery and don't have to go through the headaches
          Sounds like a good deal to me

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Not american so don't have limpwristed silicone valley techbros LARPing as blue collar lumberjacks and driving monster trucks for their daily office commute, not my problem.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

If this is true its 100% the influx of illegal 3rdies doing what they do.
    Which is ofc acting exactly the way they do in their home country, and sibsequently making ours worse.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Méxicanos que no tiene la pena para vivir y trabajar como antes estan haciendo una pinche desmadre. En la calle, y en la sociadad. Also the new age of drivers are being taught by the previous generation of shitty drivers, which only echoes the habit even more. It just seems like there will always be a crash because someone doesn't understand basic traffic laws, or the other doesn't care about traffic laws.

Captcha: PPVS

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's people using phones

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>What is the reason that the fatalities of car crashes are the highest they've ever been, and the fatalities are rising? At least in the US.
    It probably has everything to do with the 10+ million illegals that came in under Biden, all of whom drink and drive.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I just recovered from an accident caused by a 24y/o mexican drunk driving the wrong way on highway.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Also why insurance is so high. Such fricking bullshit. I'm in Houston. Illegals without insurance capital. Fricking 33 years old and pay $140/mo. No tickets or accidents...

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Covid lockdowns have made people lose driving skill. Some never got it back

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It has spiked since 2020, but fatalities per citizen and fatalities per mile driven are still way down from 2005 (and especially from 1970). Heck even the total number of fatalities has gone down despite more people and more miles driven.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Much of that is a testament to modern vehicle design.
      Only good thing about modern vehicle design as far as im concerned is the safety of these vehicles.
      Even the worst performers today are better than the best 30 years ago.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

moron
        >gun deaths are down because modern guns are less powerful
        that's how dumb you sound
        car crash FATALITIES are down because triage medicine is incredible and they will do $1,000,000 worth of work to keep you alive after a crash whereas in the past you had to actually be good for the money
        now they will do $1,000,000 worth of work to keep any illegal who ends up in the ICU alive, who will never pay 1 single penny of it

A good 30% of people not giving a shit about anything since 2020, including their own lives, coupled with the remaining 70% going into a NPC zombie brain fog fugue state.

vaccine damaged
        oh wait, US federal courts just ruled they weren't even vaccines, lol

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

A good 30% of people not giving a shit about anything since 2020, including their own lives, coupled with the remaining 70% going into a NPC zombie brain fog fugue state.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Pigs don't wanna work anymore, let alone patrol.
    Black folk, NPCs, and Karens are out of control and insane people like me are starting to lose it and acting more aggressively to go along with the rest of em, honestly.
    I've never raged so hard since the pandemic but everyone is really getting out of hand and I'm increasingly having what I think is a reasonable reaction to an unreasonable situation.
    Now that my cars been hit to, I'm really gone.

If it says no right on red until six and I see you in the bike lane skipping us all with our signals on at 5, I'm going to fricking hit you

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Do you live in a major metro area?
      >everyone is really getting out of hand
      How so?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I've lived in Philadelphia for like eight years, but grew up across the river and still work across the river. It's not just the cityBlack folk that are the problem, same shit happens in Jersey too.
        Speeding, no signals, INSANELY LARGE unpredictable stopping distance, running red and contining to turn left after your arrow has gone. Best thing about it is people have gotten for aggressive to, had my life threaten three times this year. Nigggress even reached in my car to try and smack me and the only reason I'm not in jail is because my fricking jap cars locks are different and I couldn't get my door open to beat her to death in the street, and honestly I thank God for that.

I don't give a frick anymore, I drive with a breaker bar on the passenger seat and next one is going to get it

Cops are literally just not out there. I can count on one hand the amount of pigs I've seen outside center city this year and same goes for Suburbia over the entire area. They simp;ly don't want to work anymore, which is hilarious because they barely did in the first place

Aren't y'all drunk driving rednecks who don't obey traffic rules?
        Why do you turn into a bootlicker any time a brown person is mentioned

There's a difference between going 40 in a 30 and driving up the shoulder, disregarding what lanes are for, etc

Drunk rednecks still drive better than brown people it's actually crazy.

Why are white people the only ones who can drive? Even Asians suck at it

Because we have respect and allow others to hold us accountable and teach us when we're wrong unlike this 'im grown/you dont run this block' Black person bullshit I keep hearing from them

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Too easy to get a license. Too many room temperature iq immigrants and other minority drivers.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Giant vehicles, zoomers and women on tiktok, minorities who "be on dey sailphoam and shieet". Cars have a low barrier of entry, any moron can basically drive and finance a car. If you;re the kind of person that needs something like lane assist or automatic braking you shouldnt be driving. Also because modern vehichles are safer for drivers it gives people a false sense of security, its like a giving a kid a helmet/saftey gear for a skatebaord, they are more likeley to attempt stupid shit because they feel safe that they wouldnt attempt without all the gear

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Kia boyz be cuttn up & swimmin & sheet. Allowing them to run amok was a bad idea

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Far too soft
      https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-news/350306357/unborn-baby-dies-after-12-year-old-allegedly-crashes-stolen-ute
      >“Those involved were unlicensed youths, one of which, the driver, was not yet a teenager.
      The crash was“absolutely the worst outcome”, he said.
      >Not publicly saying that the youths surviving was actually the worst outcome

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Phones and drugs

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

It's this. Look around at a stop light, 100% of npcs are looking at their phone. I see it driving down I5 at 80 mph, people have their nose in their phone.

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Hey kid let me tell you about brown people

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Aren't y'all drunk driving rednecks who don't obey traffic rules?
    Why do you turn into a bootlicker any time a brown person is mentioned

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

-t. butthurt brown person

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Cause it's actually shocking how terrible anyone who is brown actually drives. Be it a 1st generstion, or an immigrant.
      >t. brown person who actually grew up in society while keeping my traditions at home

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Drunk rednecks still drive better than brown people it's actually crazy.

Why are white people the only ones who can drive? Even Asians suck at it

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Rednecks live in rural areas. They drive their shitty ol pickup at 20 mph into a ditch, stumble home or sleep in it and their frens will get it the next day. My stepdad did that at least 5x

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I hate to be an eceleb poster, but the Canadian motorcycle twink lays out the problem pretty clearly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpuX-5E7xoU

24. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I love how someone can say something as ridiculous as "car crash fatalities are the highest they've ever been" and the people dumb enough to believe it are the same people who respond with "IT'S DA ILLEGALS!" Thank you for broadcasting to the world your low intelligence level.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Do you really think importing people from countries with terrible road safety would negatively effect road safety?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

America has terrible general safety.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Yes. It's interesting how everything was better when no one actually gave a shit.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Did you think it doesn't get much much worse?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *