What makes bmw so desirable ?

I mean the badge itself. What's so special about it ?

I have an old 1 series(sorry about that) and I know people don't even consider it as bmw. Nevertheless even forgetting about the car itself it brings me joy just to see bmw logo on the steering wheel in the cabin.
I have difficulty putting it to words but it's magical. Where does this "magic" come from though ?

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ironically the old 1 series were peak BMW

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

pakistan number 1 army

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Front engine - rear wheel drive.
    Simple as.

Just wish their quality wasn't so dogshit these days.
    Used to own an e81, was fun, but all the plastic shit in the engine bay is anxiety inducing and stupid shit like having to reset the battery controller if you swap the battery, it's all so unnecessary.
    Had an e36 before that. Also hd plastic shit in the cooling bits, but easy to replace and relatively simple electrics compared to anything today

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Just wish their quality wasn't so dogshit these days.
      pure cope. great cars if you do the maintenance and don't abuse them

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

actually you can abuse the frick outta them as long as you do the maintenance, carwow ran an old BMW V8 with no oil and it worked just fine for 7 minutes, they did the same thing with a Lexus and it died

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

So, they're good driver's cars, if you never drive them?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

No, you autistic homosexual. I mean you can't drive them 50k miles without an oil change

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

"They're reliable if you don't intentionally kill them"
            So is the most slapped together shitbox out of Detroit by that metric

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Not that guy but Mat Watson tested a bmw and lexus without oil to see which engine seizes first, the lexus died early while the bmw still kept driving circles around it with no oil.
            True story:
            >be me, 19yo moron
            >take my £700 325i on a nonstop eurotrip from London to Latvia (1450 miles)
            >low oil pressue comes on in London
            >drive the entire trip with low oil at autobahn speeds (90+mph)
            >nonstop 30 hour trip
            >come home, meet buddies, drift the shit out of my 325i with almost NO OIL
            the car and engine still lives on a decade later, nothing done to it.
            Pic rel my 325i already in poland

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Mat Watson tested a bmw and lexus without oil to see which engine seizes first, the lexus died early while the bmw still kept driving circles around it with no oil.
            I remember that. It just triggered the weebcels so hard. lmao

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Well because most BMWs are expected to spontaneously lose oil

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

BMW have been the darlings of auto journalism since they started selling the 2002 in the united states in the late 60s; they are the benchmark for a lot of the most competitve car segments, like sport sedans (3 series, 5 series) and mid size luxury SUVs (X5)

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

E8xs are neat little shitboxes
    Beats driving a front wheel drive turd

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>amazing build quality
    >German built, so superior to other cars just from that fact because everything Germans do is cool and based
    >dope and soulful logo
    >known for being fast and luxurious
    >beautiful design
    >amazing handling and drive
    >has an X factor that cannot be put into words easily
    There are so many reasons why bimmers are so desirable. They are just perfect cars

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Ah, so it's fanatic obsession driving the sales thanks anon

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It still has a good balance on comfort and handling, so that's probably it. Mercedes lately seems to go all in on one or the other, as does Audi.

People who think BMW aren't reliable or that they're hard to work on also obviously haven't owned an Audi. Those things are an absolute nightmare, especially the smaller models since the engine bay is so crammed that you have to take the bumper off in a lot of cases. Even Saab isn't as annoying to work on as Audi.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Best performance value for money in Europe
    Bmw is like the american mustang

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The 10k+ import tariffs on foreign vehicles makes a BMW way overpriced for what you really get. I don't understand why people want them at all.
    That price increase has taken a run of the mill car brand and makes people think they're ultra status and ultra quality when it just is not the case and never has been.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

BMWs are bottomless money pits as they age. Garbage cars with garbage resale values. Gay thread.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This, buy a Tesla M3 instead, faster than any bmw will ever bee, much cheaper and much, much more reliable.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Bmw M3 gaps the tesla m3 on the 1/4 mile.

BMWs are bottomless money pits as they age. Garbage cars with garbage resale values. Gay thread.

Every poorgay in europe can afford to maintain a bmw. The only way down for bigger poorgays is shit like vw golf or ford focus.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Only thing the bmw 3 series gaps is the owners butthole when he has to bend over for maintenance every other day.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Delusional poorgay is delusional. Enjoy your slow econobox homo

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Bimsallah my brothers, how is everyone’s Ramadan?

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i6 and rwd

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>What makes bmw so desirable ?
    All the rappers say they're good and have them in their rap videos.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>be BMW
    >convince people outside of your fanbase that you make shit ugly cars
    >said people get wienery and overconfident and challenge a BMW
    >get gapped and humilated by BMW everytime
    >throws them into a flying seething rage
    >haha ugly pig nose meme car wont sell BMW dead
    >literally set sales records everytime
    >BMW UNRELIABLE!
    >come in the top 3 with lexus and toyota in reliability surveys
    >actually uses forged internals as standard from factory

holy shit ahahahahah i fricking love bimmers man.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Forged internals standard from factory
      Wait for real? I'm driving an e89 z4 23i rn and thinking of getting an m235i, they've depreciated so much they cost about the same as a gt86 or 370z while also being faster and newer.

If they come forged from factory that's based. Did the models I mentioned come With forged engines?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Long story short - Not all of them, just the modern ones with a turbo have atleast one forged component inside. The M235i has a forged steel crank. Your Z4 I believe has the N/A N52 and that does not come with forged internals except for a variant that had forged rods.

The S58 found in the new M3 is fully forged as standard and closed-deck hence the muh 3JZZZ hype, so forged crank, rods and pistons, all stock. The B58 has a forged crank and rods only.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

It's going to have some horrific issue with the engine that BMW fans will insist is normal wear item maintenance. When pressed they will suggest that a race engine obviously needs more maintenance than the usual car. While BMW continues to not win anything.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

G16e and FA24 go booooom haven't seen the S58 do this magic trick yet and its been out for 5 years already

?si=Rl01WgyHisvJ-UcU&t=437

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No videos of S55s spinning their crankhubs off? Or N55s blowing up from oil starvation from cornering?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Wow wow hold on buddy, you were talking about the S58, lets not change engines hehe 😉

As for the S55/N55, they are plagued with an issue that is a one-time fix, its on you if you don't do it and despite their shortcomings
            >https://www.autoevolution.com/news/bmw-wins-two-2014-international-engine-of-the-year-awards-82988.html

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

My old ass m54 has forged crank and rods from the factory.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

M235i has no steering feel and a open diff most of the time

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I'd give up some steering feel for the ability to gap Nippon cars. Also kinda sucks being slow on track because you get overtaken alot and have to stay behind faster cars even if you are better In the corners. The open diff does kinda suck but I assume I can get an aftermarket lsd, although I've noticed Porsche Caymans are open diff too, but that might be a midship thing.

Wow wow hold on buddy, you were talking about the S58, lets not change engines hehe 😉

As for the S55/N55, they are plagued with an issue that is a one-time fix, its on you if you don't do it and despite their shortcomings
          >https://www.autoevolution.com/news/bmw-wins-two-2014-international-engine-of-the-year-awards-82988.html

What's the one-time fix? Is it the water pump thing? Also keklol in the gt86 vid at the end when he pulls over he gets overtaken by a white 2 series or M2.

No videos of S55s spinning their crankhubs off? Or N55s blowing up from oil starvation from cornering?

I dunno but every potential track car I look at someone mentions oil starvation, cayman, gt86, 370z etc. seems like most cars have some issue if you put tires that are too sticky and no upgraded oil pan.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The crank hub is the killer for the S55, replace it with a VTT kit and you're golden, abuse the frick outta of it. The N55 needs the Pierburg aluminium water pump and replace the plastic valve cover with a new one but use a higher quality gasket

https://www.hackengineering.co.uk/product/vtt-crank-hub-upgrade-n55-s55/

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Just bear in mind the Nippon cars are more likely to handle heat from not having turbos. The Zs have the best steering feel (as good as the 86s) and would give any BMW without a M badge a hard time. They start at 300whp in a 3200-3400lb car with big tire fitments.

M235i is a great street car, but on track it needs better steering feel and cooling. That's why they made the M2. Get the Z if you're tracking, and the M235i if it's more of a street car or only car. But also consider the 15-19 S3/Golf R which is the complete analog to the M235i (better in snow, more room, imo more reliable when abused) and costs similar used.

I'm not gonna lie and say the Zs don't have their own issue but fuel starvation is easier to fix and the car needs oil coolers + brake ducting. Current tire tech unironically outpaced 2010s car development hard enough where theyre the equivalent of running slicks from that era. Some of these older cars will straight up stress crack suspension body attachment points (E36/46 being the best known, but also EF Hondas and S13/14 Nissans)

And there's no actual fix for the crank hub issue. It's convenient he's talking about the S58 but the S58 is still a car that's 3x your budget at its cheapest. N55 can have crank hub failures just not as badly as the M cars because they're not abused, but start revving one or putting power into it and it'll happen. It's purely because BMW was too cheap to use a woodruff key and used loctite instead. It'll cause all the valves to bend when it goes.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The fear mongering about the crank hub issue is way overblown and basically a non issue if you plan on getting an N55 powered BMW.

If you get an F8X M2 Comp / M3 / M4 the crank hub only becomes an issue once you begin to exceed 550 - 600 WHP.

Spinning the crank hub isn't a guaranteed engine death either. Sometimes it'll only jump timing by a few degrees and cause the car to either run rough or no start in which case all it needs done is to be re-timed.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>>haha ugly pig nose meme car wont sell BMW dead
      I like bimmers, but the pig nose shit pisses me the frick off; it's so fricking ugly. It's acceptable with those long and skinny euro plates that basically split it in half, but it looks like absolute shit exposed, or with smaller NA/Japanese/whatever plates.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

BMW unreliability was real and it was part of the general German automotive failures from the mid 2000's all the way to about 2016. BMW's now are far more reliable as they realized that they can't outsell Toyota or Vaxhall in the cheap car market

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Bmw unreliability mostly comes from america because usa didn’t get many of the reliable bmws, they mostly got the top trim versions which had more problems than basic bmws. That combined with random us specific problems such as nikasil linings degrading because of USA petrol and combined with the fact that bmws cost way more to service in America than Europe PLUS combined with the fact that the majority of early english speaking car forums were US based built a bad reliability reputation for bmw. Euros consider bmws as normal cars, runaround for the everyman, every teen boyracers first car, most common enthusiast car, poorgay car, richgay car, that’s why we get so many “bmw is unreliable vs bmw isn’t unreliable” discussions nowadays, it’s mostly americans vs euros claiming their point of view as fact

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Tldr:
          >ask an american he will probably say bmw is overpriced and unreliable
          >ask any european he will probably say bmw is cheap and reliable

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Well you have to consider that euro cars are total shit when it comes to reliability, so a BMW going 3 years without an issue (when bought new) is wonderful.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

There are certain shit models for every brand but in general our euro bmws are not shit in reliability. Our most common models are 316/318/320 petrols or 318/320/330 diesels which are so basic and cheap there’s nothing much that can break on them.
            From the 90’s and early 2000’s come the most reliable bmw engines such as m43, m50, m52, m51 diesel, n47 diesel, m57 diesel (especially iron blocks until 2006) but from those Americans only got the M50(which is regarded reliable even by Americans) or M52 which had the random US specific nikasil problems.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Also as a coincidence all the most unreliable bmw engines such as the post 2002 V8 petrols and 2005-2015 6cyl petrols were in the most common USA BMWs but not popular in europe because euros can’t afford big petrol engines in general.
            Shame that America never got the early iron M57s, truly one of the GOAT euro engines

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>2005-2015 6cyl petrols
            Where does the N55 fall in this? Is that one ok?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

N55 is on the unreliable side, keep in mind i’m comparing against motors like m50, m52, m54 which will go forever
            Btw i’ve seen a 250k km n55 m235i running like new

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Anecdotal evidence of one going over 155k miles
            Well I'm sold

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I just said the n55 is on the unreliable side, but 250k km isnt bad for a US imported m235i

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>>get gapped and humilated by BMW every-ACKK

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Oh you drive a honda

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

My GF loves my Civic. I like hers. She's korean and my best GF I ever found as an autistic person.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>asiatic gf
            >chud
            Not surprised. Good for you, dicklet anon.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

BMWs are for status whoring browns. Hondas are for whites and Asians.
          >Basing your car ownership decision on what women think
          NGMI

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why should we drive cuck wheel drive cars?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Basing your car ownership decision on what race people think you are

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What else can you expect from bus riding /misc/tards?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>G80 vs a tube chassis with a custom 1 off powertrain that mildly resembles an Integra

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The brownie thought spending $80k on an automatic status symbol car would help him beat a $3k 5 speed 90s Honda with $20k worth in a few simple mods. He then proceeds to get spanked and even with the mid race lead he's given, gets taken to gapplebee's. You can see him start shopping for a new car after that embarrassment. Brownbois it's not looking so hot.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>invents this scenario in his head
            >couple of guys just having fun
            Meanwhile you ride the bus

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>forged internals
      BMWs use fully forged plastic engines. Highest quality recycled plastic only. Nothing can beat them.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>>haha ugly pig nose meme car wont sell BMW dead
      set sales records everytime
      At least, the new direction design is getting better. We will see this car everywhere next few years.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>rwd on almost all cars
    >older models are cheap and plentiful in europe, even the i6 models + aren't hard to find with manual
    >because they are popular, they have plenty of aftermarket parts and documentation
    >even the models with weaker engines have some semblance of sporty handling, unlike most other premium brands, while also being comfortable and a good daily driver
    There isn't really anything else like it

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

nice interiors. that's literally it.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the i3 is a fantastic EV, tragic that they stopped making them. more EVs need range extenders.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Are the M4s and M8s any good? I might be buying one soon.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I have an f82m4 currently and it’s been great, will be buying the new m4 soon, i would stay away from twinturbo bmw v8’s though.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Everyday I regret not going into software engineering. I will be close to my sixties before I could afford an M4, and by that time almost everything will be electric anyway.
        Ten year used lowest trim 230i is the best I can hope for.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I know that feel. Mine is just so smooth and quiet. An absolute joy to drive.

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's ok to be sorry.

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just badgeprostitutes falling for
    >expensive thing good

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Black
    Mans
    Willy

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

being a turk.
    im not one and i have never seen a beemer i desired.

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

a 10k bmw is a lot better looking/equipped than a 10k mercedes

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

BMW is established as a yuppie car period. That's why you keep seeing Chads and Stacys tend to drive them all the time.

25. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Pic rel my buddys old e60, he also owned a 910k km e46 330d, replaced the interior, rolled back odo to 240k km and sold to some gypsy for €3k (car is still going)
    I also owned a 450k km e60(sold at 550k km, replaced belts, a thermostat and some suspension bits) a 470k km e39, the cars had full service history they had original unopened engines. Also i just hit 300k km with my e39m5, car pulls like new but both valve covers are leaky and one vanos rattles lol

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Plus e34 m52tub58 has 350k km, unopened engine and has survived two seasons of 1bar/14psi boost. not much i know but waiting for a blowup to upgrade

26. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

?si=AnhbbnNy9U57Rnbt&t=168

27. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>BMW
    >Desirable
    ??? Maybe if you're Turkish or in your 40s

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *