What modifications should I make to my Vic in order to make it 6000lb towing capable?

What modifications should I make to my Vic in order to make it 6000lb towing capable?

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

If it's not a police interceptor model, get a trans cooler off one.

2. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Cummins swap

3. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Air springs would be good

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

he is gonna have to fabricate something beefier to increase the payload and reinforce the frame as well

• 3 months ago
        Anonymous

For towing? Not really. Even with 6k lbs if he's using the right trailer he shouldn't be even near 1000lbs on the tongue.

That being said yeah the stock springs will not be sufficient.

4. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

better brakes.. but really why?
    you should make it into a battle car with a small liftkit

5. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

buy a chevy

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

lol caprice rated for 5k, crown vic rated for 1500

6. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

nothing, if you have a weight distributing hitch.

7. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Put the body on a F-250 frame. You shouldn't even be towing 6k lbs with a F-150 let alone a sedan.

8. 3 months ago
    s10fag

5/8 lug studs, LT van tires(235/65r16?), load assist springs at minimum(see air ride delete), trailer brake controller, custom load distribution hitch(might not be possible), troony cooler, 3.73 minimum gear

After all that you'd probably rather find a 1st gen expedition/gmt800 hoe or some other $1500 tow pig

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Not to mention upgraded front/rear breaks for the car. He isnt gonna be able to stop the 6000lb load quickly even with trailer breaks. Many such fires happen this way. Needs carbon fibre or other extremely high performance breaks.

• 3 months ago
        s10fag

No, just a big brake kit if that. Big brakes = street, race brakes = track.

Trailer brakes do a pretty good job and are more important when the load is heavier than the vehicle.

9. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

I mean some of them have a factory tow package, I believe it included LSD, shorter 3.27 or 3.55 rear gear ratio, and dual exhaust.
    Apart from that, a tow hitch

10. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

6.8 v10 swap

Just get an 04+ for the fixed spark plug holes. And don't worry about cam phasers, the v10s never came with them.

11. 3 months ago
    Anonymous
  12. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

A 300 inline 6 in it and/or 4.10 rear end.

13. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Is it too late to buy a crown vic?

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

For quite a while now. Grand Marquis are the Panthers to buy since they didn't get the P71 tax like the CV's did/do.

14. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

you don't, sedan's can't tow 6000lbs. this should be common sense to you. how often have you driven down the road and seen a 20yo sedan pulling a trailer weighing 6000lbs?

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

moron take. Frames on these things are not really any worse off than what came on a F150 of the same era, and have the same engines.

• 3 months ago
      Anonymous

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this nearly just a truck disguised as a sedan?

15. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Heavy duty troony cooler

16. 3 months ago
    Anonymous

Buy blue flashing lights

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *