What old cartoons would you like remastered on Blu-Ray?

AKA imagine if companies didn't destroy or dispose of their negatives.

Real answer would be much of Cosgrove Hall's library, like that 1975 Noddy series that barely even made it to VHS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GkTKMMXgfI

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I want literally ANY piece of old animation to be restored. It's that simple. If it's printed on film, save it. These billion dollar companies like Disney and Warner need to stop fricking around and just do that shit. Don't make me wait until I'm dead just so I can see a better version of 1930's shorts.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Deaf crocodile did alot of old cartoon restorations from european cartoons

Any media from the 20th century. From the 1910s thru the 1990s.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The Maxx would be cool

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Never seen the show but the artsyle looks amazing. There was a scan of a 35mm trailer but sadly it seems to have been mastered from a low res source.

Same user uploaded a scan of the Hey Arnold pilot from a print before it got taken down.
      (link expires in 3 days) https://litter.catbox.moe/iqh0cp.webm

I'm surprised there hasn't been a dedicated public domain company that specializes in high quality shit. What the actual FRICK!?

I have some bits on film and would love to try it but the startup cost is ridiculous. I got a reel of 16mm live action scanned in 5K as a test that ended costing about $600. Getting a good film scanner for 16/35mm yourself would cost at least $200,000 and doesn't include running costs, learning to use it, time spent removing visible scratches and color grading, etc. You already have Kineko who mostly go after anime. Maybe if archive()org would get something going for their physical collection.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Archive's not a bad start, which is where I upload all my deinterlaced x264 encodes and stuff.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm surprised there hasn't been a dedicated public domain company that specializes in high quality shit. What the actual FRICK!?

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

All one hundred Out of the Inkwell shorts from 1960

?si=TYlHMTgaqxl341Jj

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>question template thread
    On the 0.00000000001% chance this is a genuine ask:
    Rippling Romance and the other lost Color Rhapsody shorts are my holy grail. I think Jerry Beck said they're the golden age cartoons with the least amount of preservation. Archives like BFI and UCLA claim to have physical prints of some of the "lost" ones, but they've never been digitally converted and it's unknown what condition they're in.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

oh shit, looks like one of the Toonheads archivists tracked the audio from it a couple months ago

autism can be amazing sometimes

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I just want a chronological order Looney Tunes boxset. I’d drop 500 on that bad boy.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>chronological Looney Tunes boxset
      >I'd drop 500
      Scalpers are selling censored Evangelion blu-rays for more than that. For what your'e asking, Warner Bros would expect a down payment equal to a house.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>chronological order Looney Tunes boxset
      Instant flop. You'd be better off hoping they do character-themed box sets because people will not purchase a complete collection.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

At this point casual people aren't going to purchase any physical media so you might as well aim everything at collector's and hard-core enthusiasts going forward.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Someone on ru.tracker have 35mm of soviet and eastern bloc era cartoons

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

a complete 80s alvin and the chipmunks or muppet babies
    hell, any 80s cartoon that supposedly only has a 'tape master'. they had legit negatives at one point

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I don't know. The thing is, a lot of times when stuff is on film it ends up getting finished on video tape. One example would be Transformers, in which the film elements are riddled with mistakes and errors that were later edited and fixed on tape. So the only way to get a true remaster of the show would be to take the original film masters and painstakingly fix every error bit by bit.

And then there's remasters like the recent Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers blu-ray set where they go back to the film and scrub the whole thing of grain with the results looking just bizarre.

At the point I'm just happy with my standard definition copies of most things.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

hoppity hooper

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'd love to see more Aardman and stop-motion films in HD. Only Wallace and Gromit and Chicken Run seemed to have gotten new transfers out of Aardman's old stuff.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *