What should I do with this car

I have a 4g eclipse gt. it's not worth anything, there's no aftermarket support and it won't die mechanically.

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

drive it homosexual

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

i've driven it for a decade and its barely at 90k miles

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

How about doing some preventative maintenance, then keep it and enjoy it for another 10 years

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>i've driven it for a decade and its barely at 90k miles
        Just keep it. You have a car that won't let you down, so just keep driving it. Not all people have the fortune of a car that refuses to die.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

that's what i'm doing but the part that annoys me is that the paint/clear is all fricked up so i can't just slap on my basedjak gloves and do some goychanic work like

https://i.imgur.com/WZrbDK4.jpeg

Right.

Here's my 22 year old Spyder GT, sat untouched in a garage for 15 years. I have done a complete restore, all work myself. To get her running required: water pump, timing belt, idler pulley, tensioner pulley, hydraulic tensioner, harmonic balancer, power steering belt, valve cover gaskets, intake plenum gasket, fuel pump, spark plugs, spark plug wires, idle air control valve, egr valve solenoid, new injectors, a wire running to the injectors to power them from the ECU, most vacuum lines replaced.

to fix it

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Swap it for an engine with mivec or just turbo it till it grenades.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Lancer ralliart engine swap at the very least.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

turbo

Nice to see an Eclipse owner here. I’ve been around DA for maybe 16 years, used to post and trip a lot but I just lurk now.

Anyways, the car will eventually die so you don’t have to worry about that. Timing belt breaks, hydraulic tensioner fails, the motor will be toast.

There are plenty of turbo/super charger/swap options, it’s just not common it doesn’t mean it’s not done.

>turbo

https://i.imgur.com/IjG31Lm.jpeg

>there's no aftermarket support
      it's a lancer coupe
      >but bodywork is different
      it is old enough to ride the ricer wave, search and you will find

>lancer coupe

I have the 3.8L V6 not the 4 banger, from what I understand there's no room in the engine bay to turbo you'd have to cut the hood. Also im in California and i dont think there is a CARB compliant turbo kit for this car because no one gives a frick about it. even if there was it'd probably be twice the cost of the car

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>3.8L V6
        anon, you have gold in there. these b***hes can be simply chipped to 280+ hp, some intake-exhaust work to make it breathe and you'll crack 300, all natty, all bolt-on, and with same bulletproof reliability that kept it working for you for these years. offroad guys with pajeros swear by these, get into their clique and take their know-how.
        they can also def be turbo'd, their smaller cousins had turbo versions and compression's not too high. though if you get into pumping enough boost into it to need bottom end work you'll run into lack of aftermarket.
        >commiefornia
        and move out.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

turbo

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

paint it orange or blue

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Nice to see an Eclipse owner here. I’ve been around DA for maybe 16 years, used to post and trip a lot but I just lurk now.

Anyways, the car will eventually die so you don’t have to worry about that. Timing belt breaks, hydraulic tensioner fails, the motor will be toast.

There are plenty of turbo/super charger/swap options, it’s just not common it doesn’t mean it’s not done.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

This homosexual doesn't do 60k services
      Go back to lurking wrenchlet.

• 1 month ago
        TeamGunstar

Right.

Here's my 22 year old Spyder GT, sat untouched in a garage for 15 years. I have done a complete restore, all work myself. To get her running required: water pump, timing belt, idler pulley, tensioner pulley, hydraulic tensioner, harmonic balancer, power steering belt, valve cover gaskets, intake plenum gasket, fuel pump, spark plugs, spark plug wires, idle air control valve, egr valve solenoid, new injectors, a wire running to the injectors to power them from the ECU, most vacuum lines replaced.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>there's no aftermarket support
    it's a lancer coupe
    >but bodywork is different
    it is old enough to ride the ricer wave, search and you will find

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I will buy it for 500 bucks and come pick it up if its not too far from southeastern indiana

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

OP, if its auto, you can make it AWD swap very ez, it wont be super cheap, but you can OEM swap everything into it from a outlander. there are kits for the 5/6 speed, but its not as expensive as buying a evo in current year. i know one person IRL that has done the swap and it was meh. but if you have a 4g69 and do the swap, you can put a 4g64 swap very ez. also the BRZ over fenders fit the lines on the car good.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

this is unironically one of my dream cars becfause of pic related reason

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

kek that guy was EZ. I remember how wienery BIG Lou was

https://i.imgur.com/4MRWzVg.jpeg

I have a 4g eclipse gt. it's not worth anything, there's no aftermarket support and it won't die mechanically.

v6 manual would have been a cool car.
      The auto is just a good cruiser driver.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

This was the worst fricking car out of the whole blacklist.
      >FWD
      >body kits were all shit
      >horrible exhaust note
      >worst generation Eclipse
      Mitsubishi was already dying by the time MW2005 was released.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Driving a fwd car makes zero difference to 9.8/10 people and is safer in inclement weather.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

vanlife

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *