What truck should I buy

I take my dogs hunting and the SUV is getting a little tired and cramped. I think I need a truck. Money isn't much concern, but don't need a super fancy thing just something nice that will last me a while. Need room for four dogs, guns and equipment.

What do you think of the Toyota Tundras? How about Ford, Chevy, etc? Thoughts?

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How about a nice minivan for you and your fur babies?

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

what's your budget OP? Rams are cheap

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I mean I'd be okay with spending 40-50k or even more, I tend to keep things a while. I don't need the luxury versions though, if anything some of the extra plush interiors and such are a disadvantage. I don't want clothe though, it's harder to clean imo. Engine wise I'd like something reasonably powerful. I don't plan on towing anything heavy, so probably a 1/2 ton is fine.

Ford or Toyota
      Frick GM

Thanks.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You could get a use Raptor if you really want to take it off-road, the v6 ecoboost makes good power. If you need more off-road capabilities you could get a Gladiator and a proper liftkit for that much.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I mean I'd be okay with spending 40-50k or even more, I tend to keep things a while. I don't need the luxury versions though, if anything some of the extra plush interiors and such are a disadvantage. I don't want clothe though, it's harder to clean imo. Engine wise I'd like something reasonably powerful. I don't plan on towing anything heavy, so probably a 1/2 ton is fine.

[...]
      Thanks.

Oh I should add I probably need a quad cab and long bed. I'm not driving it into cities or anything so the added length isn't an issue.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Is a 2020ish hemi ram a good buy?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

no ram is ever a good buy. enjoy self-detonating lifters

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Ford or Toyota
    Frick GM

4. 2 months ago
    slide it, Shlomo

here's a real truck for comparison

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My 5.0 Ford has been stellar so far. It's a 2015 with over 250k miles and the worst I've had to put into it was a water pump. I'd recommend 2015+ (aluminum body was a big deal for me living in the rust belt) or 2017+ if you go bigger than f150.

Mine is a lariat which is plenty nice, i know you said you don't need anything fancy but the leather has held up surprisingly well and to me the XL feels just too Spartan. It may not be manly, but honestly having seat and steering wheel heated after loading 1000 lbs of bullshit in freezing rain is a welcome treat, and it aint bad just cruising to work an a subzero morning either. This will get some hate but the panaromic sunroof makes it feel cheery and open so I love that too.
    The touchscreen infotainment sucks but you can't really get away from it these days, it's at least in the dash not tacked on after. Mine is a short bed but I would rather the 6.5 ft, or even a regular cab 8' bed if I wasnt hauling the family regularly.
    Honestly if money isn't an issue step up to an f350 to get the 8' bed and either a 7.3 or if you might to tow with any frequency the 6.7.
    Imo the Chevy with a 6.2 is also a very solid choice, but it's not aluminum and that's what swayed me. The only reason I'd get a Dodge would be for a stick shift Cummins tow pig but I've had shit luck with Mopars so I might be biased.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Thanks. Someone did tell me I should get a 3/4 ton even if I don't need it, but that a one ton would ride so bad it would be a bad idea. I'm not sure I even need a 3/4 ton.

https://i.imgur.com/X9T1xsL.png

You could get a use Raptor if you really want to take it off-road, the v6 ecoboost makes good power. If you need more off-road capabilities you could get a Gladiator and a proper liftkit for that much.

It will go off road and I need 4x4 but it's not technical trails or anything, it's just dirt roads that sometimes get muddy and sometimes have to pass through a bit of water.

Do you hate your dogs or something?
      Buy an expedition or better an excursion
      I guess the sequoia also

I love my dogs more than people tbh, but I think they'd prefer more space and they'll be pretty dirty. I was thinking of getting something like

https://i.imgur.com/1CXxdae.jpg

[...]
      >letting a dirty dog inside a Suburban
      Or he could do the correct thing and just get a bed cap

and having a rear window that rolls down to give them some extra air.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The thing is that once you go 3/4 you generally get more robustness and the CCLB that you desire. Yeah it’s not gonna ride like the sedan 1/2 tons but it’s still plenty nice. The thing is that everybody wants those and you are probably gonna have to wait or they are gonna be jacked up by dealers. Be advised leather seats are usually always locked behind certain trims and you are gonna have to pay for em, might be wise to buy base and either get some nice covers or find a wrecked one and grab that interior.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I wonder if since I don't need that tow capacity if I'd just be better off trying to negotiate down a 1/2 ton. are they struggling to sell the 1/2 tons?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah they have lots of them but you aren’t gonna get the 8ft bed with the crew cab. They are good trucks but they are just different.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Thanks. I'll do some shopping and see what I can manage. Maybe I just get the 3/4 ton. Are toppers too heavy for 1/2 tons also? I imagine those fiberglass toppers might be kinda heavy too

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

No I wouldn’t worry about any toppers being too heavy. I’d say a decent fiberglass one is like 200 lbs max but idk I don’t have one.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I guess the sequoia also

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Since you actually go outside with it you should get something that doesn't have many failure points as in not as much reliance on electronics. Ideally you get a manual.
    Toyota and Mitsubishi make good reliable trucks but their best off roaders, like the hilux and L200, are not available in the US. Full sized performs worse than midsized in bad road conditions.
    Newer rams are dogshit btw. Older models are ok.
    Just don't fall for the ford meme because it is a shit ride when you are not on paved roads

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Have you considered a suburban? They have rear AC so you can keep your dogs comfy and safe, all of your stuff will stay dry and clean.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I guess the sequoia also

>letting a dirty dog inside a Suburban
      Or he could do the correct thing and just get a bed cap

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Who cares it's your vehicle.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

wife will leave him for Jamal if his "utility" vehicle isn't spotless at all times
          many such cases
          sad

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Mutt's law

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Don't project your fetish on others

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Chevy or gmc 1500 CCLB with bed topper

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Why Chevy or GMC over a Ford or Toyota?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Toyotas are overpriced
        Fords are for gay men

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Gay
          Man's
          Chariot

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Gay Man’s Chevy* at least get it correct

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

hot

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

thunder thighs over here. that b***h is about to blow up in the next 6 months

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

i'd blow up her womb

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

gonna have to spread those legs wider than humanly possible to get into that vagoo with those fat thighs in the way boi

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

more for me, I love fatties

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

try not to child support gets expensive

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Those thighs are weapons. Props on her open carrying

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

would

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You should buy a shotgun to suck start

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

What do you do for a living, op? What do you make a year?
    >IT Manager only making 74,970 a year.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

He's a lying neet just like you.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Why would I lie about making a miserable pittance of not even 75k in US?

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Pretty sure you have to get a 3/4 or 1 ton if you want a CCLB.
    My F-350 is not at all uncomfortable to drive. It isn't a sedan, but it is a more comfortable drive than my old Suzukis, Jeeps or Ranger.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have a 2023 F-150 and the transmission is a piece of shit, and the infotainment system constantly has issues. Unironically buy a RAM.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i bet you shart in mart

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Not going to beat the gm 5.3

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

any tundra owners ITT?
    be honest do you have a criminal history? every tundra owner i know is a legit nutcase or manlet/small dick

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>every tundra owner i know is a legit nutcase or manlet/small dick
      You spend all day inspecting dicks?
      lol..

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *