what went so right?

what went so right?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I blame israelites and crash test safety ratings so just israelites.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i recently gave into the meme and watched a few episodes of initial d and by god is it boring. formulaic, even.
    >guy with le fast car think he best!!!
    >but... tacomeat fijiwater too skilled and he win!!!!

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

new to anime i take it?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

i got sick of the formula after like the 4th stage
      also the artstyle change from stage 1 to 2 was insanely jarring

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Agreed, Stg 1 is the only canon one.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

First to third stage have the best races because they're all pretty creative, 4th stage and onwards is mostly a generic racing anime with a few good ones in there like the blind attack

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

best op tho

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

same, I still remember stopping on the capuccino episode all these years ago

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I couldn't get into most anime cause of that reason. I like watching the cars go fast though and listening to the music. I need to finish this show one day but I had fun with it despite the usual anime shortcomings.
      I remember disliking DBZ as a kid cause it was formulaic too. I appreciate that it exists nowadays but I get where you're coming from.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>DBZ
        kek
        the meme fights over WEEKS. like a joke that never ends and at some point you're just like 😐

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>watching a character job so the fight with the big bad goes on for another 10 episodes

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

bejita jobbing is half the fun of the show.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>does the thumb pose
            owari da

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

need to watch Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It's a good 90s simulator. You can get an idea of what it was like to live in a period that wasn't completely gay and lame.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I couldn't get into most anime cause of that reason. I like watching the cars go fast though and listening to the music. I need to finish this show one day but I had fun with it despite the usual anime shortcomings.
      I remember disliking DBZ as a kid cause it was formulaic too. I appreciate that it exists nowadays but I get where you're coming from.

>DBZ
      kek
      the meme fights over WEEKS. like a joke that never ends and at some point you're just like 😐

i still love Bleach despite how not only formulaic it became, but also just downright poorly written. i watched all 366 episodes with a big dumb smile on my face the whole time.

the anime tanked in popularity so hard it was cancelled before the manga it was based on was even finished. it supposedly got a reboot, but still. sad seeing a writer write themselves into a corner, or what is clearly creative fatigue.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Bleach is a fantastic watch for the first 2 seasons or so, after that the formula becomes so tired and every season is just
        >Ichigo is the strongest ever
        >BUT WAIT, there's a new threat!
        >Can he wrestle his demons to conquer an even greater power???
        >Yeah of course he can moron
        >Ichigo is the strongest ever!!!!
        I rewatch the first 50 or so episodes occasionally and the original OP is a true banger. Maybe I'm just getting old and nostalgic for better times. I might watch the new season or I might not.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

is the strongest ever
          >>BUT WAIT, there's a new threat!
          >>Can he wrestle his demons to conquer an even greater power???
          >>Yeah of course he can moron
          is the strongest ever!!!!
          tbf this is every shonenshit

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I wish there was some gigachad who pulled up to the scene that humbled even Bunta

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I don't mind the formula but I wish there was more actual racing and less interior monologue describing what's going on on the screen that people are literally watching at the same time.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>monologue describing what's going on on the screen that people are literally watching at the same time.
        i heard this is done in anime because its primary audience has autism, and need things explicitly stated to them.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

so the average Japanese has autism?
          that sorta checks out actually, all those bs rules

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

most japs just watch anime casually. its the otaku who prop up the industry by buying an excessive amount of merchandise/the blu rays. they're the ones with autism.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

they're probably the same guys japs arguing over whether king of the hill sub or dub is better

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>king of the hill japanese dub
            I would so watch that

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

hank (kinda) says suka like cyka blyat, and also says kawaii, and you hear a jap speaking spanish, all in this one clip

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

oh also his bwaaah

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Dale's voice is deeper than Hank's
            This feels so wrong

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

It's something that's done only in Initial D, though.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I've seen it in Dragon Ball and Bleach, too. but i guess its depends on what you're counting as "monologues describing what's going on". there's a lot of scenes in anime where we hear the character's thoughts which basically reiterate what just happened/is happening.

I actually like it in slow paced mysterious anime like Mushishi.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

what is death note

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It’s not really good (as an anime), but it captures the scene perfectly and is the ideal car scene we all want. Also, it’s better if you think of it as a documentary (which it basically is).
      You can also just learn the story by playing the arcade game and have more fun.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

you also need to be able to read/speak runes to get the story from the game because nobody has bothered to make a full TL of any of them

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

what really did it for me was the ambience. sure the pacing isn’t the best but that’s not what you watch it for. mind you, i knew NOTHING about cars and i still enjoyed it up until the 4th stage. I could not put up with it any further as nothing they said made much sense to me. (at the time)

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Him winning is predictable but I still like it. Makes something that happens in the 2nd stage more impactful.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I like to LARP like I'm in the show even though I live in the present-day Chicago suburbs, I just pretend every Edgar in a clapped-out G35 or civic is my rival and I blast eurobeat as I speed on a flat road

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Race my v8 grand Cherokee in the Palos forest preserve homosexual

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I ain't far from there, I'm down.
        Are there any other gayg/ot/s from this area? we can get a whole stage going

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Nobody on this site meets up anymore anon

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

probably for the best

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

For those who are just want to watch the races, there is the Initial D Battle Stage that gives a quick run down of the previous episodes that explain the race and only play the races.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

1st stage is so good. I like the other ones, too, but 1st stage blows them away.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The only thing that is going "right" are your weebcel delusions and nostalgia. It was a mediocre badly animated show.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

T O Y O T A
    O
    Y
    O
    T
    A

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Great characters and enough SoL shenanigans to make things far more interesting than Project D's race of the week format. Also, a 10/10 soundtrack.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

the first 3 stages are so comfy, 4th stage its just boring. was able to watch all 3 first stages + extra fairly quickly and only barely trudged through 4th stage over the course of almost a year and im still on 5th stage because its just not interesting.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i read the manga in middleschool and really liked it. the anime is hot garbage aside from the eurobeat which ended up fitting surprisingly well

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I love the atmosphere in 1st Stage. The colors they use for night under the streetlights are beautiful to me.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>old anime with several atmospheric shots before dialogue
      something about the fuzziness of the resolution adds to it, ontop of some deep rich colors blended into the environment. digital is too sterile with too many defined lines.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yeah, I wish they had kept that style for the other stages. The style change is so jarring.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

the "low budget early 2000s anime" look also has its charm imo, but i do prefer first stage

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'll bite. If you're in your 30's, chances are you appreciate most all the JDM classics that show up, and all the information the show gives as it goes along. It might be "no shit sherlock" now, but back then for people new to the hobby, it was informational as it was interesting. By the time fifth stage came out though, I wasn't feeling the angel wing bullshit but appreciative they closed things up.

Something that gives me a lot of perspective on this (i.e., ae86 whooping higher spec cars) is what the author is doing now with MF Ghost. Driving a gt86, I see how much better you'd have to be to take on the cars racing in there.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The ambience, atmosphere and the hand-drawn bits of Stage 1 are fricking elite
    The series stays good up to and including Stage 3.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *