What would be your carry for personal defense in various historical periods?

What would be your carry for personal defense in various historical periods?

Terry Davis: They Glow, You Shine Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Terry Davis: They Glow, You Shine Shirt $21.68

1. 1 week ago
    Anonymous
  2. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

What blew up now?

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Your mom ass

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

>wittiest zigger

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Frick off

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>Actual /k/ thread means happening in Uki
      Frick off and die, you piece of shit.
      All shills and tourists get the rope.

3. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Based on my preference if time travel was possible?
    >Panoply, Aspis, Duro, Xiphos
    Or Templar/Hospitaller 1st/2nd Crusades

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Also think early Western American expansion is cool. Manifest Destiny with single action revolvers, lever action/single action rifles and coach guns while mounted.

4. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Never mind, why do I bother visiting /k/

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

you made too many timeframes to fill out, create a template with more items to fill in one singular timeframe and you'll get the (you)'s you want.

5. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Sorry everyone else is being a homosexual OP

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Were pistols, as in a thing you can holster or put in a jacket, really a thing in 1450? I mean, "pistol" itself derives from "pistala" which is what the czechs called their handcannons which were basically huge bore iron tubes mounted on sticks.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Technically I don't believe they were a thing at the time, but they were certainly technologically feasible, though a bit of a stretch.

I mainly put it there because I couldn't think of much else, but maybe I should've replaced it with a parrying dagger

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

That is an arquebus without a stock. It looks like a pistol but it's actually way bigger in proportion to the sword.

Handguns became a thing around 1500 when wheellocks were invented that allowed you to keep your weapon primed and ready to use one handed.

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

>single action in 1850
      Are you on a budget here? You're sparing no expense in 1625.

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

Weren't early double actions weak? Like you could break a trigger or something like that?

• 7 days ago
          Anonymous

The Colt M1877 "Lightning" was infamous for having a very fragile and delicate trigger mechanism.
          Other early DA/SA revolvers like the cap&ball Tranter or Beaumont-Adams were more rugged, but they were known to have VERY heavy DA trigger pulls.
          There were of course also DA-only pepperboxes, those were very popular. They were reliable, cheap, and offered lots of firepower. They were however often horribly inaccurate and not really useful beyond spitting distance.

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

I wouldn't trust an 1850s-era DA. For the more modern ones I was trying to stick more closely to the date given, and the Walker is right in that timeframe. I certainly could've gone for any number of DA revolvers from the 1860s or 70s, but I feel like a Walker pistol (or maybe a smaller, more reasonable SA) would be perfectly fine for most purposes.

6. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

If you EDC a bow you are a hut dwelling larper who needs to go outside and touch crops.

7. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

For most of history, the vast majority of people were not allowed to own or carry weapons. Only soldiers and royalty would have the privildge of doing so.

8. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

>Rifle
    >EDC
    Something is wrong with you, child.

9. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

In most periods it would be a dagger or club, most could afford little else.

10. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *