what's?

what's DA's consensus on the Crosstrek?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Based, everyone here LOVES Subaru, crossovers, and boxer engines.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Isn't this like the number 1 most popular car among normies? It was basically designed to fit the desires of the average person perfectly while being as cost competitive as possible. Unless you believe you're some sort of special snowflake and you need to let the entire world know this by your car choice, it's probably a pretty decent car for you.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The vehicle of choice for a fat dyke who wears skate shoes and flat brims.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

okay so I like this DA meme but do people truly, actually think this way?

Miatas were known as a gay car for decades but they're actually based as frick. I can come up with some moronic image for literally every car

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

That association is not limited to DA I see jokes about it on social media

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>but do people truly, actually think this way?

I live in the mountains and there are tons of them around because they're an affordable way to get AWD to the point you can't really stereotype what sort of person is driving them.

It being a dyke car is an old joke like the Miata being a gay car. That said I've definitely seen a fair number of them with dykes at the helm or with homosexual hippie bullshit bumper stickers.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>What is $BOARD's consensus/thoughts on $IRRELEVANT_BULLSHIT?
    >stock_image_from_google.jpg

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I have a 2011 Subaru Outback and I really like it; but mine has the 260 horsepower 3.6L NA 6 cylinder and a 5 speed automatic rather than a CVT. I don't know how bad current year Subaru CVTs are but Scotty Kilmer didn't hate it too much when he did a test drive on a Crosstrek. I'd have to imagine the 2.0L 152 horsepower base model is pretty anemic so I'd probably want the 2.5L 182 horsepower engine which still wouldn't be fast; but should at least be tolerable in a relatively small hatchback like the Crosstrek. On the uphand both engines are naturally aspirated so you don't have to deal with turbos.

Having owned a Subaru its actually been pretty reliable and the all wheel drive has served me well on mountain roads in shit weather. I got it used at 90,000 miles and at 138,000 miles neither the engine or transmission have given me any problems. My only real complaint is that the damned sunroof's drains have gotten clogged up twice leading to water getting into the car and requiring a rather pricey repair the second time. If you can get one without a sunroof I'd recommend it. Subarus are supremely practical its not a car I'm really passionate about but if you need something utilitarian for bad roads they're pretty great.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Used to be a fan of the 6cyl why the frick did they frickin get rid of it then also not factory turbo

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>2.0L 152 horsepower base model
      my wife has this engine paired with the CVT in her impreza. it's a fricking dog for anything outside of quickly getting up to city speeds (thanks awd and switchable tcs). it's incapable of quickly passing on the highway, which is really unfortunate and occasionally dangerous when she forgets it doesn't actually output any power and tries to get around people. she hated the V6 outback we tested because of the floaty feeling, and I'm still kicking myself for not coercing her into it

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Used to be a fan of the 6cyl why the frick did they frickin get rid of it then also not factory turbo

>Used to be a fan of the 6cyl why the frick did they frickin get rid of it then also not factory turbo

I'd guess in the name of fuel economy. I get between 20 and 25 MPG from my 6 cylinder Outback which is perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned. The performance on it is really pretty good, its got a 0-60 of 7.5 seconds and I never have trouble passing if I need to.

>2.0L 152 horsepower base model
      my wife has this engine paired with the CVT in her impreza. it's a fricking dog for anything outside of quickly getting up to city speeds (thanks awd and switchable tcs). it's incapable of quickly passing on the highway, which is really unfortunate and occasionally dangerous when she forgets it doesn't actually output any power and tries to get around people. she hated the V6 outback we tested because of the floaty feeling, and I'm still kicking myself for not coercing her into it

>she hated the V6 outback we tested because of the floaty feeling

My Outback feels pretty planted to the ground. When it was in for repairs the dealership loaned me a Subaru Aspire which is the larger three row model and I thought that one felt a little floaty.

>V6

I've made this mistake too. Its a Boxer engine so its not in V configuration. I think H6 is what you'd say for a boxer engine.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

looking for a new car right now. I'm really liking Forester or Crosstrek. I'm going to the dealership to look at them. went to CarMax cause I hate haggling but frick they sell one with 30k miles on it for more than a brand new one. so frick it I'm going to a dealership.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

They stopped selling the Impreza in my country. All that’s left is the XV…

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Lesbian car

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Pretty much irrelevant now that Toyota makes the Corolla Cross which has more power even in 2.0 form, they're supposedly releasing a 2.5 soon.

Boxer engines are iffy and CVTs are a fricking no. At least Toyota puts a first gear in their CVTs or pairs them with a hybrid so you barely notice them. If you've ever driven a Crosstrek or Outback, they're so slow it's almost funny but ends up just being sad. They're a major disappointment for something that could be a fun car if it were fast or at least had reasonable power. They need to put the WRX drivetrain in that piece of shit and make the ultimate rally machine. Until then the Corolla Cross, Rav4, Mazda CX30/CX50, shit even the Honda HRV and CRV are better. It's just too frickin slow, only söyboys and women can stand it. The new version is ugly as sin too.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Subarus are for old ladies around here. The only exception are late 90s early 00s Imprezzas kids buy to tune up and race.

I live in Central PA. There are 3 cars here, 99% of the cars are these:
    Vanity Truck, GMC Arcadia/ChevyAvalance/SaturnVue/SAAB9x3, Subaru wagon/hatch

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Thanks for my all time favorite DA img. After losing my HDDs several times and being off DA for 5 years I had forgotten about it.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I have a '23 6MT. I was in the market for a basic commuter with a stick and at the $25K price point it was either this, a Kia Forte or a Jetta. Decided to go 'Trek as it has AWD and a lift.

It's fine. It's dog slow on the freeway but with the manual it's quick enough in the lower gears. For a basic commuter it does the job.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I thought about getting the 6mt for same reason, needed a cheap commuter with manual. Glad I didn't though, I keep hearing more about how heinously goddamn slow it is.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I had '22 with the 2.5L and it was an awesome car. Fantastic in the snow and I averaged 34mpg.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Ugly. Slow. Gay.
    LOL @ that wheel gap

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

crosstrek is pretty good if you want a semi-rugged shitbox, but:
    >2,0
    underpowered
    >2.5
    good enough

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *