1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Getting gapped by my moms honda pilot

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

do you not have a car?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They wouldn't be getting sold to this day if they were as terrible as you claim them to be

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The BRZ is for people who want a complete driving experience.
      If they just wanted to go fast, they'd get a Camaro, Mustang, or w.e. cheap American 300+ hp car.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm going on a road trip and will need to borrow a car to be able to seat 4 comfortably for 8 hours.

Otherwise it's been good to me so far

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

mcdonalds, fake vents and noisemaker. Really should have had an STI option to make up for McDonald's but no shot.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Its alright. its stylish, appeals to young boy racers, has that anime street cred. some would say it makes a good life style vehicle. but if i wanted something more driver focused with an emphasis on handling, id get a Camaro.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I can't get over how ugly the camaro is. That alone makes all who shill it very cringe. It's unbearably ugly.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yes, i agree. the Camaro isn't very stylish. its not a life style vehicle. its for people who care about driving dynamics and nothing else. if you're a woman who chooses cars based on looks, stay away. the camaro is too much car for you to handle.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

the 86 handles very well

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

the Camaro is in another world of handling. its practically a super car without the styling of one.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

oh brother

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Lmfao you sound like those slavic idiots who cope with their hideous faces by saying ugliness is inherently masculine.

Things that are not of the highest aesthetic caliber are to be tossed aside and burnt. It is a prerequisite for value. A good car must be both extremely aesthetic and driver oriented.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>you sound like those slavic idiots who cope with their hideous faces by saying ugliness is inherently masculine

East Slavs make for the best twinks though

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yes, i agree. the Camaro isn't very stylish. its not a life style vehicle. its for people who care about driving dynamics and nothing else. if you're a woman who chooses cars based on looks, stay away. the camaro is too much car for you to handle.

Do you homosexuals remember how the current camaro aesthetic was marketed?

A movie. For children.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

rape face

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

with a hitler moustache no less

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's ugly, slow, and gay.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's slow

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>They wouldn't be getting sold to this day if they were as terrible as you claim them to be
    Tesla confirmed for best built highest quality most luxurious automobile on the planet. after all, they wouldn't be getting sold to this day if all these things weren't true.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Nobody should ever buy an 86.
      >"If nobody should ever buy one, nobody would and they wouldn't be sold."
      >BUT MUH TESLA CONFIRM #1 IN DA WORLD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Genuinely what are you on about?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Nobody should ever buy an 86.
        nice argument you're having with yourself, straw-maning Black person. someone already said if you want a boy racer life style vehicle, then it is the perfect choice for you.

https://i.imgur.com/qvWgu0h.jpg

Comparing a subsidized EV crossover(?) with a 30k sports car that is also the worst thing since Hitler according to you. You really aren't that intelligent are you?

>subsidized EV crossover
        lmfao. the GR86 is subsidized by two manufactures considering neither of them believe in the project enough to succeed with their own funding. shows you how good toyota thinks their own vision is.
        >that is also the worst thing since Hitler
        more straw-manning Black person babble.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>the GR86 is subsidized by two manufactures
          Do you understand what the words you are using mean? Lol who am i kidding of course you don't.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>"having part of the cost paid in order to keep the selling price low"
            Sounds like what happened to the "fast" track day car that can't handle a day at the track.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Comparing a subsidized EV crossover(?) with a 30k sports car that is also the worst thing since Hitler according to you. You really aren't that intelligent are you?

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Emissions and fuel economy laws. 🙁

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

5K lower price and these would be getting sold like hotcakes imo, thank god for aftermarket.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Forgot image

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

no 6s-gte
    i wonder if a small displacement l6 could fit. like an updated/modernised version of the 1g engine

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>mctoddler struts
    >oil starvation
    >slower than an automatic V6 challenger

86cels BTFO!

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>that gif
      >”lol this dumb Black person poverty trim muscle car is better”
      do you even own a sports car or a car at all you kissless virgin weeb?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

my poverty trim muscle car has 99 problems but a mcdonalds strut aint one

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Incorrect

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>has to cherry pick the 2010-2014 early gen with 20 year old Mercedes WA580 5-speed against a brand new car with a modern 6sp manual because you lose to a zf8
        >less than a second difference

not exactly the own you think it is

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The back seat is extremely cramped for all but the shortest of manlets

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

McDonald's struts, no soft top version

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have one and have enjoyed driving it. It's nice to have a nugget that does the same stuff my s chassis does but without the same level of immediate maintenance required. Feels like a midly modified s15. In terms of negatives, the only thing that really shits me is the rev hang, this is the first modern car I've owned and I like cable throttles a lot better. Will need to get that emissions shit tuned out at some point

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

if toyota just stuck their v6 in the front, it would be a decent car
    >using sburaru for their shitty engine
    no, centre of mass autism is not an argument

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Does anyone in the thread actually own one?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I do. can confirm it doesn't handle as good as the camaro.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

So I did some thinking and like... It's not the best at anything.
    It's not the fastest
    it's not the cheapest
    It's not the fastest for the money
    it's not the most practical
    it's not good on gas
    why does this exist again when the Miata and the Camaro LT1 exist? Either one of those does what this car is aiming for but better.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Every time I read ''ugly, slow, gay'' this is the car that comes to mind. Why would anyone waste money on these?

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Should've been closer to the AE86: A fun RWD compact car with an I4. The boxer is just dumb and a source of so many problems

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>The boxer is just dumb and a source of so many problems
      name one

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>unnecessarily complicated
        >Torque dip in the previous model
        >oil starvation
        >limited potential compared to I4
        Rumour has it they'll make a longitudinal equivalent of their rally-derived I3 for the next version

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>limited potential compared to I4
          how so

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It's as limited as any high strung NA 4 cyl which is silly. You can't get a lot of power out of the ND 2.0 without a turbo and even then it's just as fragile as the FA20 or FA24

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Slow as shit and little tuning potential. Also those engines seem to be made out of glass.
            Miata any day over it

if the factory doesn't leave any power on the table people get annoyed because they want to frick around with it I guess. so then they'll buy a sports car with a more economy tuned engine like the miata and do exactly what subaru does but not as well but for more money to get the last 25 hp out of it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

But that's the point I'm making. There hasn't ever been a Miata engine you can get power out of easily N/A. At best it's maybe 10-15% over stock which is the same as the twins. The closest there was is the MZR 2.0 in the NCs and to get more than that 15% you would have to start with a 2.5 Duratec swap. It's the same story with the Skyactiv 2.0s in the NDs. Maybe 10% over stock before they go.

Mazda isn't Honda and most NA engines aren't K20s.

Honestly the engine, if it came with a high revving I4 instead of boxer garbage I would be enticed. Give it the BEAMS

That wouldn't pass emissions or fuel economy regs. It's honestly a miracle they even sell NA 4cyls with high specific outputs like in the ND and BRZ. NOX emissions in Japan, CO2 Taxes in Europe, and Fuel Economy Standards in USA make it hard to sell them. Those 3 is why everything is a small displacement turbo in the last 10 years. NOx Laws in Japan specifically killed off high rev engines and CO2 taxes in Europe make it hard to sell N/A motors. And CAFE judges by the average fuel economy of a company.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>At best it's maybe 10-15% over stock which is the same as the twins
            the new one is like 2%

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

boxer's fine for daily driving
      was worried about it and was thinking whether i should spend extra for a new miata but couldn't justify it when it's my only car

so far i realize im not rich enough to track any car, it's the reason why i even got a brz instead of a miata (higher trim BRZ is still cheaper than soft top ND2 in my area. both at MSRP)
      used cars are not even a consideration anymore after COVID (you save like $5K for a car with 50k km on it already) and certainly not in the rust belt when none of them were rustproofed, the cars that get rustproofed from the 1st winter are not being sold because the owner wouldnt have rustproofed it if they were gonna sell it after all

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I’m glad the power to weight is over 130kw per ton now so it doesn’t look like a 17 y/o’s car anymore.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

wish i got the white brz instead of blue

white looks clean and that front bumper contrast is growing on me, doesnt look as great on a blue unless the light hits it right to have distinct shadows at the front

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

what?
      anon you got IMO, the best color right after the oceanic/trueno blue
      white/black/grey is npc tier

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Subaru world rally blue is best color option on that car

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Slow as shit and little tuning potential. Also those engines seem to be made out of glass.
    Miata any day over it

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>little tuning potential
      How the frick did you come to that conclusion when this

https://i.imgur.com/ByGsp2W.jpg

They wouldn't be getting sold to this day if they were as terrible as you claim them to be

fricking thing exists?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It’s a brz with an ej isn’t it

If anything on the miat is glass it’s the trans, I’m scared even with my nd2. But you get an engine that actually likes to be revved out and better suspension and subjectively I like body roll cos I’m a noob driver

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Only the ND1's had issues right?
          How tf does Mazda frick up a trans. Their original NB 6 speeds held all sorts of power.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

They tried to remove too much weight from it. Sometimes weight is....le good.

Honestly the last good Miata to build as a all out race car is the NCs and that's because Mazda built the RX8 off the same platform and a lot of the MZRs knowledgebase is taken from the Duratec aftermarket. Just enjoy the ND for what it is

It’s a brz with an ej isn’t it

If anything on the miat is glass it’s the trans, I’m scared even with my nd2. But you get an engine that actually likes to be revved out and better suspension and subjectively I like body roll cos I’m a noob driver

Fiatas have shit engines in comparison. Italian metallurgy and engine management is a PITA to deal with where the engines lose compression over time and are a headache to tune, and the 1.4T doesn't suit a sports car with its diesel powerband. I firmly believe the existence of the ND2 is the biggest argument against a $20k S2000, it's a better car all around

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Slow as shit and little tuning potential. Also those engines seem to be made out of glass.
      So how is the miata any different?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Miata engine made of glass
        Not sure what planet you're on

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Planet DA, land of the morons

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The short answer is too little power. The longer answer is if I want something like an 86 that's actually good, the M240 exists and does it all better.

Camaro would be good except you can't fricking see out of it. But the handling and powertrains are good.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

it weighs 1000 pounds more, has no manual option and costs 20k more

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>be me
      >purchase GR86 for $30k
      >spend an additional $5k boosting it
      >i now have a brand new car that weighs 2800lbs and puts down 330whp with an extremely usable torque curve

i don’t think there’s anything else i could have purchased for $35k (or even $50k) that would give me this.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Oh yeah just bolt on a bunch of boost onto a 15:1 Subaru engine. That's gonna end well. You could buy this for less and it weighs 1200lbs less than a GR86.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

You could also buy this for less and weighs 1200lbs less than your kit car

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Honestly the engine, if it came with a high revving I4 instead of boxer garbage I would be enticed. Give it the BEAMS

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's probably the closest thing we have to a new S chassis. And it still comes with a manual. I'm waiting for mine to arrive.

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

wrong board
      you eat like a fatass

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

wrong board
        you drive like a slowgaylet

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

wipe off your camera lens you frickin greaseball

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

D R E A M Y A E S T H E T I C

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The worst thing to ever happen to these aside from being stuck with a Subaru engine was the people who buy them.
    It's 130 pound soaking wet White/Asian incel techbro coder the car and I can never unsee it.

29. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm told the vents on the new ones are actually real unlike the zupra

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

they're real as in they aren't blocked off, but the brake cooling is pretty minimal unless you add an aftermarket kit

30. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  31. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

engine in the front, only four cylinders
    clearly toyobaru needs to make a jap 911

32. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i'm getting pretty damn full don't know if i can finish it

33. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

no straight six

34. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Rev hang
    Shitty engine
    Oiling issues
    McDonalds

Trade off is its practical and affordable

35. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

These threads are funny to read everytime because the 4 cylinder muscle car drivers and bus riders lose their shit

36. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

kinda ugly

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *