What's the best light duty/hobby tow pig on the market?

What's the best light duty/hobby tow pig on the market?

Anus Alien Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Anus Alien Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Depends on what you're towing.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

150 with the 3.5 EB and tow package

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Towing >8000 lbs, your choice of 3/4 or 1 tons
    <8000, F150 ttv6

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

2008 Chevy Trailblazer with a troony cooler and upgraded coil spring rear shocks.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>troony cooler
      Homophobe.
      You jest but TBs can be set up with big power so we'll allow it. Even though the only TBs left are being lived in by meth users.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I use a TB as a tow rig. it's probably the nicest one i've ever seen. interior is mint. has religious service records for like a decade on carfax. 320K miles and not an issue. Hauled 4000lbs with it recently and it did great.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

A guy I know has an SS that's making about 600 whp, it's one of the baddest street cars I've been in. It has all the LS bad boy parts but he went to lengths to make it all look OEM, everything is dull grey or black under the hood. I'd love to daily that thing.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The SS is badass and I swear it's the last cool SUV that GM ever put out. I love to see them. 600whp trailblazer's gotta be fricking quick.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

He has a lot of dough in the transfer case, I don't remember what all he went through to make it survive but it was expensive.
            Yeah I didn't expect it to launch as hard as it does, it's nuts. Hooks up and boogies.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'd like a 95-04 Blazer with a V8 in it. Everyone does s10s but you don't see many Blazers. My 01 isn't a slouch, especially since I got the troony rebuilt, but it could be better. Maybe a rear end might be in order.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Oh man those Blazers look nice especially 2 door ones. Really a fan of pic rel body style. You could probably swap 4.10 rear diff from an auto 4cyl S10 and wake it up quite a bit. My TB has 3.42 final drive and it really makes it feel a little lazy.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>swap 4.10 rear diff from an auto 4cyl S10
            That's not a bad idea. You can still find junker s10s all day where I live. Maybe I'll scoop one up since I wanna swap in buckets and a center console anyways.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>4.10 rear diff from an auto 4cyl S10
            I'd be real impressed if you could fit a 8.5 rear differential to the 10 bolt rear on a Tahoe AND get the axle shafts to function.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Guy I work with has a lowered SS, cool little truck. Can't remember if they're body on frame or not.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

GMT360 yes they are body on frame

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'd probably go Ram 2500 diesel, even though I'm not much of a Dodge. Can't say on the newer Fords. Chevy is just becoming abysmal dog shit quality and design wise.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Fords are fine especially the diesels

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

How are the newer Fords ride quality wise ? Better?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

From 2020+ they are about the same I think. I will say I like the 22 is a more comfortable truck compared to the new ones.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Tundra. American cars and trucks are built like nobody in the entire company gives a shit.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm a Toyotagay, don't the modern tundras spin bearings fairly consistently?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

So get a old one with the V8 that goes to 1 million miles on oil changes

My pick is 08-14 Nissan trucks. VQ40 Frontier/Pathfinder can still do 6000-6500lbs and a Armada/Titan/QX56 does 9000lbs. Anything more, then 2011-17 F250/350 with the 6.2 SOHC. Avoid all this gay turbo shit and the American pushrod motors have issues with top ends after 100,000 miles (GM/Dodge trucks rust out still)

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>6.2 Boss
          every one i've seen for sale (not many) is beaten to fricking shit, rusting out all over, was originally some kind of fleet vehicle so trashed, then bought to use as a work truck so trashed again, now getting dumped at high miles

seriously every single one
          the only ones you see on the road here are municipal fleet and they're, shockingly rusting out all over

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah but the Boss is the only Ford motor/trans that doesn't have issues. It's actually kinda insane. I can't find anything wrong with them. Only the early 5.0s and 4.6/5.4 2vs come close.

I wouldn't buy any of the ecoboosts after 120-150,000 miles. By then theyre leaking coolant, oil, and often due for a turbo rebuild and/or cam phaser and timing chain job. And even the newer 5.0s still have the same chain/phaser issues. Forget the diesels unless you have deep pockets or you're a enthusiast imo, id rather just take the fuel economy hit.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How are the 5.0s vs 4.6s if I got say a 2014 Lariat or Platinum? Same reliability?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I have a 2015 5.0 and it's been pretty stellar. Did the O2 sensors and a couple pulleys on the serpentine belt, the water pump, and it leaks oil from I think the rear main but not enough to be a real problem. Over 250k on the clock so I can't complain too much about the little shit. I would get the 2015+ over the 2014 if rust is a problem where you live, that's when they switched to aluminum.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Light duty? A 2023 Ram Classic optioned for the 5.7L Hemi and 4x4. Best performance for the price without exception and probably the best build quality out of all the competition.

Anything above 10k pounds? Ram 2500 with the Cummins. Not a contest and hasn't been since 1989.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>The 2011+ Raptor super crew has a towing capacity of 8,000 pounds.
    Op you could look for a low mileage Raptor with the 6.2L. That'd be fun as a daily as well.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Any good tow vehicle for small jobs? Like 4k or so lbs. Just want something that can tow a dirtbike or two and maybe a small camping trailer. Don't want anything too huge, because parking at my work can be a little sketchy.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

any vehicle can tow 4k lbs besides the tiniest and shittiest sedans

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

with decent aero and no serious grades, sure

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Unironically even minivans are rated to tow that amount. If I was in his shoes I'd consider a last gen Ridgeline and a bed extender to haul bikes

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

4k lbs is definitely not a small load. Modern towing ratings may make that seems like it's not a lot but a 4k lb trailer is more than capable of fricking up a half ton. Be very careful if you plan on towing with a smaller vehicle than that. It's also a good rule of thumb to never tow at the max tow rating. Headroom is good when it comes to safety, longevity and fuel economy.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Aussie here i never see these trucks pull anything but boomer caravans lol

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>light duty/hobby tow pig
    2018 frontier.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

they're all the same
    just look for the specific options/trim you want in your price range and eventually you'll find a good deal
    whether it's an f150, ram, tundra, whatever

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Finding a thread about trucks on DA is like trying to find a diamond in pig shit. Anyway, why the hell is a 2021 dodge ram so cheap compared to 10 year older trucks? Literally 10,000 dollars cheaper for a 2021 year vs 2013 which is 30-40k.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Nah keep your slow bullshit off the freeway, sick of you c**ts going 10 under doing a congo line and "passing" one another Friday-Sunday.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

These buttholes cause so many problems it’s not funny. Traffic is going great with everybody spread out then boom some geriatric frick with a camper.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Traffic is going great with everybody spread out then boom some geriatric frick with a camper.
        For those who are about to watch their twilight years pass by in an instant, they sure aren't in a hurry to experience more of it.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *