What's the best newer ('16-'23 ish) mid-size pickup? No I don't need a pickup I just want one.

What's the best newer ('16-'23 ish) mid-size pickup? No I don't need a pickup I just want one. Should I just get an F150? They are about the same price.

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>No I don't need a pickup I just want one.
    Get an F-150. Now leave.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Which engine? I've read good things about the 2.7 on here

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Honestly all of them are pretty good, only one I haven’t heard anything really is the base base NA V6 that they get.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

A base model red with the n/a V6 would be cool

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The 2.7 I hear is the most reliable. The 3.3 I think is also reliable. But frick do I know. For something like this, you want to go on L3ddit.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Nagger I will slap the gay out of you

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Good luck, there's a lot of gay in me

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

We know, you gave it away in the previous post

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

sherlock holmes over here

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Buy the smallest you can tolerate.
        Just like everyone else.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Nissan fortnite TRD pro

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

F150 is full size. Get the Nissan Frontier. Real naturally aspirated V6 and refined all around.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Colorado is great, Taco is great

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

V6 Nissan Frintier

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Cheapest F150 crew cab you can find. All engines are fine.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I just cross shopped all these cars and went with a Frontier. I never expected to own a Nissan but of those years it's the clear winner.
    Tacoma is hilariously overpriced and feels like a worse truck in every way. Interior feels cheaper than the Nissan, steering feel very light, ride is more loud and more rough.
    Ranger has a great engine but everything else is trash. Even in the Lariat trim it feels like cheap disposable garbage. I'm not saying the Frontier is a luxury vehicle, it definitely isn't. But I heavily judged Ford for calling something a luxury package and selling something so blatantly trash. Also the ride was very 'nautical' and felt odd in a truck.
    Colorado/Canyon I never got around to driving. I looked at interior shots and the design kinda put me off. It looked like a cheap fleet truck and sold for the same price as the other midsize trucks.
    So yeah the Nissan was the winner. I think it may lag behind soon since every other manufacturer is rolling out new 2024 models but in the year range you listed it's the clear winner.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

And as bonus it's a real handsome truck (as far as 2020+ models go)

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I know right, some of their car/crossover styling choices are a bit odd but they really nailed it with this truck.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's ugly as frick and you're a stupid Black person

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Post car

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's not bad looking but I hate that the front end is all plastic, trucks should have separate metal bumpers. Sadly that's pretty much unobtanium on a midsize these days but at least the last-gen Ranger had it, and it's saved my truck from serious damage on multiple occasions when morons somehow drove into it while parking. (Pic related, the car that hit me needed like $5k+ in bodywork while I got a small scuff that I don't even care about because I plan to replace the bumpers with aftermarket ones eventually.)

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I never expected to own a Nissan
      Me with Honda after growing up around Chevy and starting with a really ratty silverado.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That's a nice truck anon, I like that blue.
      >nautical ride
      First time I've heard it put that way but it exactly describes my f150 with the FX1 package. Rolled around like a sailboat in a beam swell. Gave me motion sickness until I put airbags in the rear. That fixed it but it was annoying as fug.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I settled on the Ranger, it was just the best combo of price, features, performance, and driving position, the latter being a big deal to me because I do a lot of long drives. I might consider the new Frontier now though, it was brand new at the time and I looked at them but couldn't find anybody who'd give me a decent price on a Pro-4X.

That's a nice truck anon, I like that blue.
      >nautical ride
      First time I've heard it put that way but it exactly describes my f150 with the FX1 package. Rolled around like a sailboat in a beam swell. Gave me motion sickness until I put airbags in the rear. That fixed it but it was annoying as fug.

The stock shocks are genuinely awful, and blow at ridiculously low mileage, especially on FX4s (mine were long gone by 50k and I've heard stories of them dying as early as 35k) but the bright side is that it's very fixable, the Ranger has a pretty good chassis and suspension geometry and a relatively cheap shock upgrade works wonders. I put Bilstein 5100s on mine a few months ago, with about 1.2" of lift up front and it rides like a luxury crossover now (words of multiple people who've been in it, not my own), not bad for a $500 upgrade.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Shit, forgot pic.

I should also say that you have to be careful with leveling shocks and not max them out, you'll find tons of reports of HORRIBLE ride on the 5100s and it's because people put them on the highest setting, which preloads the frick out of the stock springs most are using. They're awesome in the middle though.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

nice trugg

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

There are only 2 trucks
    F150
    Nissan Frontier

Get one of those two

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

buy a Maverick like every other homosexual who relies on the internet for advice and go back to sucking off your boyfriend

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm incel

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

the maverick is a piece of shit. Built to a price point. It's a turd.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I think it's alright for what it is, I test drove one and liked it well enough. What it is, though, is a daily driver crossover with a bed instead of a hatchback, which is fine for some people's needs but it's not a replacement for a real body on frame truck, even a midsize one.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>t's not a replacement
          It's an advancement. The Pinnacle of automotive engineering. The Model T of the 21st century. The Ford Maverick

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Nissan frontier. I got a pro4x and really like mine.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I just got a 19 Tacoma, good truck

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Find a '22 tacoma. Put 60k miles on mine in 2 years and haven't had a single problem. Pull trailers and load the bed up every week. It's a 4 cylinder too.

Anyone saying f150 or nissan is just poor and coping. Seriously, you're recommending fricking ford and nissan now? Lmao.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

New gen tacos are already suffering faulty transmissions and axel failures lmao

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Ford can move to India for all I care but claiming a Toileta Taco is better than an F150 is hilarious.
      Only a manlet or a Canadian could be this oblivious.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Is that enough power? Seems like it would be horrible on the freeway

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

do not take toyotagay bait

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Isuzu D-max Arctic, you don't need one but get it

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Cool truck but they probably don't sell it where OP is.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Taco with a manual

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Tacoma.
    >Frontier
    Lmao. Holy fuuuuuuuck. They literally copied the 3rd gen Tacoma in design too.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Nissan can't do anything on their own. And now they're not going to make the titan anymore, the frontier is the ONLY damn car/truck worth getting.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Sorry I'm white.
        I will never buy a nissan.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Sorry I'm white.
          Yea ok, Black person.
          >Only people I see drive frontiers are middle age and old white guys
          >Nissan titans and altimas are all blacks

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You could be forgiven for buying a frontier. I'd do that before gm garbage

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Hell, you could give a gmc truck as a gift to me. No strings attached and I'd still outright refuse it.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>they're not going to make the titan anymore
        wtf that so fricking stupid. trucks are more popular than ever and they're killing their full-size?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Why do people keep forgetting that the Z, and Armada exist

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

because they just see nogs in Altimas and Kicks and ignore all the good cars

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Because they are trash and always have been

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>They literally copied the 3rd gen Tacoma in design too.
      Why is that a bad thing?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

people say this but when you ask for an explanation they usually say "uhhh it's big and blocky so they must have stolen the idea from the Tacoma" as if Toyota invented rectangular trucks.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If by best you mean long-term durability, go with a 16-17 F-150 with the 5.0 Coyote and 6R80 auto. The second gen Coyotes are the best and the 6R80 is damn fine transmission, except the stupid leadframe design which is at least easily replaceable.

New OEM and aftermarket parts are everywhere. F150 salvage parts are everywhere. Lots of part interchangeability between model years. Service manuals are readily available and actually quite good with full wiring diagrams and colored 3d models of the relevant parts.

Ford electronics suck so the lower trim the better, or know how to diag that stuff.

If you need a car, but want a midsize truck, maybe a Ridgeline? Tacos are ridiculously expensive for what they are. Rangers are garbage inside and out. Frontiers seems to be pretty damn good. Colorados have nice interior but new Chevy stuff has the reliability of a Black person at his first job.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>If you need a car, but want a midsize truck
      Maverick

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Maverick
        Hybrid with cvt or ecoboom with 8-speed on the Escape chassis with Ford electronics.

>Ridgeline
        NA V6 with 6-speed on the Pilot chassis with non-Ford electronics.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Escape chassis
          Dumb Black personmutt. They're based on the C2 platform

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Which the escape is on.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

And the Focus, Edge, Mondeo, Bronco Sport, Lincoln Corsair and Nautilus which you conveniently left out being a disingenuous Black person shilling for a Honda Nigline youve never owned nor drove

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Because it's all the same trash. Who cares which one you say?
            Also I worked for Honda for a long time. Drove many Ridgelines. They are just a minivan with the rear cut off. Kinda like the maverick is just an escape with the rear cut off.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Gets called out for moronation
            >>W-What?! Who frickng cares reeee
            Lmao
            And yes the Nigline is based on the Honda gayit but the maverick is based on the C2 platform as I already explained. I know you're a moronic lube tech but try to keep up

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Ridgeline is the truck most people need but is sadly kinda ugly

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

they’re better looking than they used to be to be fair

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

low bar
          the recent facelift definitely looks better though

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous