What's the best way to put a killswitch in my car? Just splice it in to the fuel pump relay/fuse?

What's the best way to put a killswitch in my car? Just splice it in to the fuel pump relay/fuse?

Where's a good place to hide it so banditos can't find it? Should I bother doing weird shit like I've seen online where they add a relay to another electric thing so you need to like, pull your high beams before the starter engages as well? Seems complicated.

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

park it, take a fuse out, put it in your pocket

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I did the same but the starter relay.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>What's the best way to put a killswitch in my car?
    No need to reinvent the wheel. Just install a breathalyzer. Car thief doesn't have time to blow in a hose.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Okay but how do I start it if I'm drunk? I had to move a car at work that had one of these and I had to have the service manager go find the owner to get him to start it under the guise of "I'm not blowing on that thing he puts his lips on" because it wouldn't start for me kek.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Take the steering wheel off and lock it in the trunk

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

put a padlock on the flywheel so the engine cannot rotate

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I just spray silicone into the cylinders whenever I leave my car somewhere.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I just slam into reverse at 30mph.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Fill the vents with plastic explosives with a dead-man's hand that needs to be reset by you

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Well you guys weren't helpful at all.

Anyway this is what I ended up doing - the fuel pump access is actually under the center consol in my Honda so I spliced my switch into the power line coming out of it then attached the switch on the underside top of my console. You reach in with a finger through the rubber opening where the handbrake goes up and down and can flick it. Nothing is visible from the exterior.

Pic related

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>deleting and reposting to fix typos
      Just no

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It was to rotate the image, DA posted it horizontal. I can't stand opening images and they're sideways and I figure others can't either so I fixed it 🙂

• 3 weeks ago
        Panda5

>deleting and reposting to fix typos
        I do this all the fricking time, you should too.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

why not? i do it all the time

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I had the kill switch underneath the gear shifting boot/cover on my old Honda, just touch it through the material.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Chrisfix did that now everyone does

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

it's funny, i saw a forum post about some guy who parked his hmmwv outside a bar and a couple hours later came out to see that the log he shoved through the hood lift hooks had been removed, and the doors opened, but they missed the kill switch in plain sight on the dashboard

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Does this kill it remotely? I have no clue what you did lmao.

I want to install a GPS in my car so if it gets stolen, I can track it down myself and hit a remote kill switch. When the Black person realizes it's dead and leaves I'll just take it back.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Remote switches are tricky to have reliably working. How about a simple timer based switch you turn back on every once in a while?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No basically when I park my car somewhere dodgy I just reach into that secret spot and flick the switch, which cuts DC power to the fuel pump. So if someone manages to break into my car, remove the steering wheel lock I use, or even if they have my keys, the car will just crank indefinitely (or actually it will just run for about 3 seconds off the fuel primed in the lines then die and crank but not start) and not be able to move unless the switch is flicked giving power to the fuel pump. I've hidden it like right up under the center console above the parking brake it's pretty hard to find, and that's even if a thief KNOWS there's a hidden switch or relay somewhere.

It's an anti-theft measure. No it's not 100% fool proof but nothing is.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Wait you were seriously asking for advice? On DA? It's probably better you didn't fibd any, lest you made more Cool Crystals™ and died

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've never looked into this, but I'd assume you could just wire it to the ignition but modern cars might be weird. Wiring it to the fuel pump seems appropriate though and should work.
    I don't understand why you'd do this, but I live in the middle of nowhere and never even lock my house or car doors.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Car theft is common here - both my mother and brother have had their cars stolen, and I've had mine broke into. Not only that but I like hiking and outdoor stuff which means leaving my car in remote spots, sometimes overnight or more. Gives a thief a long time with an isolated vehicle to try and steal it.

I would buy an immobilizer but I just FRICKING HATE beeping noises. Beeping and dings and anything that chimes. Drives me fricking insane. At the same times as I installed this I rewired the seatbelt sensor so it always think the belt is buckled and won't BEEEP BEEEEP BEEEEEEEEP at me.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That's genius

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why don't you poors just get an aftermarket alarm/immobilizer?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>pull apart your harness and splice in 50 wires
      >now have to tidy up and hide the rat's nest
      >stops working in a year anyway and now your car is undrivable
      >can't just plug in a new one since that model was discontinued
      >it's replacement is completely different and incompatible
      >no choice but to go through and return everything to stock
      >car now has a completely butchered wiring harness
      >have to live with the fact that it could fail again at any time due to corrosion or a bad splice/joint
      mmm no thanks

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

"I'm poor"

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

my race car has two kill switches and another 4 switches to start it.
    good luck with my whole car being rewired from scratch.
    and then a GPS in the car for good measure
    oh, and if you aren't atleast 6ft 2, you can't reach the pedals cuZ fixed Sparco seat

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>6 foot 2

King of the manlets

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'm 6ft 5in tall.
        but You have to be decently tall to even reach the pedals in my car.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>What's the best way to put a killswitch in my car?
    Manual transmission. Park it in 5th.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The proper way is to ground ignition when switch is on so it will work if the switch fails.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

So what's the best tracker these days that doesn't have a monthly fee? (eg not a GPS device with a sim card in it)
    Airtags seemed promising until I learned they cucked them completely with stalker safety bullshit, and even if you remove the speaker they'll still literally tell the car thieves there's one in the car they've stolen.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *