What's the best way to sleep in a sedan?

What's the best way to sleep in a sedan? I've seen some people recommend taking out the passenger seat all together.

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

do as pic related looks comfy. I have slept before in the drivers seat folded back when i owned smaller cars. i have a suburban now so i just put an airmattress in back if i want to sleep.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

get a job

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I have a job, this is mainly for a road trip so I can avoid having to book hotels

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Fold down the back seats then lay a board and mattress over that with your feet in the trunk and head in the cabin.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

this. i did this in my fwd coupe and it really works. definitely better than sleeping curled up just on the back seats.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Sedans aren't wide enough to sleep in. Any sedan that has a sun roof (actually moon roof) as an option has front seats that can recline all the way down.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

lay the back seats down flat and stick your legs in the trunk. I slept in my car or three years. good luck.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Those things suck unless you're super short because there's not enough length for your legs to be straight.

I sleep in cars on roadtrips frequently and lay down the backseats (not possible on convertibles) then stick my legs in the trunk, sleeping back on seatbacks + trunk. Also bring some kind of pad if there's a height difference between the trunk and the seatbacks (there is often a "step-off" and it's not a continuous flat surface).

If you are renting a car and don't want a boring SUV, try to get a BMW 430i GranCoupe or Audi A5 Sportback because they are liftbacks.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Bumping for interest. I just got a mazda 3 hatch turbo and im planning on doing some roadtrips.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

it's a hatchback, you're already set brother, I do it on road trips in my gti

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

When i got home from the dealership yesterday i put the backs seats down and laid down. I was expecting a lot more room tb h

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

this is before moving the front seat up, it's still a little cramped but way better than the back seat of a sedan.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>TCL
        I got the ick

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

lol I drive a 20 year old car, I don't care

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>GET IN THE TRUNK/HATCH

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Roku TV
        Couldn't afford a non-smart commercial 4K TV huh?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

like I said, I drive a 20 year old car. I'm cheap

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

what's wrong with roku tvs? i have a 65r655 and it is frickin sweet. 65 inches and 144hz, makes a damn good gaming tv

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

NTA but anon probably doesn't like the double microphones and hidden cameras (sometimes infrared too so they can spy on you at night) so they can constantly monitor your engagement and conversations for advertising purposes.
            I bought a $20 50" plasma from the early 2010s to solve this issue personally.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

idk what it's gonna grab that my phone or watch or laptop couldn't grab. but i wish it would get better at advertising to me because it only recommends trash

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just bring a tent

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just recline in the driver's seat

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You can't sleep like that. It's fricking horrible.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Anything with a hatch is better than a sedan.
    Front seats are perfectly acceptable.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've tried both, the back seat is comfortable for a couple of hours but you can't stretch your legs so you end up with leg cramps in the middle of the night. The drivers seat is a little less comfortable but its good enough for the entire night, passenger is better because of more room but people will be able to see you easier and do stupid shit like tap on your window. Use a car cover so people don't look at you.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

are you 5'2? Just put the back seats down and sleep half in the trunk.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

1-remove the bottom rear seat - it's usually one piece and comes off by simply pulling it up
    2-lay flat the back rests
    3-you should be able to put a thin inflatable mattress along the trunk all the way into the cabin, diagonally will give you maximum space
    4-put the head into the trunk and feet on the cabin side if you are not claustrophobic and enjoy a darker environment

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

4runner ftw

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I want easy sleep space like that, and 40+MPG (no EVs, ackthually drive 600+ miles per day for weeks straight on extended roadtrips)

Wat do?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Prius V
        Or Rav 4 Prime if you have the money

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Minivan.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

get a hatchback and then you can do shit like this

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>a little box and outlet
      >an instant pot?
      Why do people do this? Just sleep in the back and buy pre-made food. Your car's already stinky from you living in it, don't make it worse.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Unless you are in bear/Black person country just get a tent and put it next to the car.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Unless you are in bear/Black person country

If you're not in bear country, then you're in Black person country. Such is life...

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>What's the best way to sleep in a sedan?
    Own a liftback and fold the seats down. Park the car such that the trunk won’t get hit by anything and sleep with your feet facing the rear of the car.

It’s why Priuses are popular among car campers. Lot more comfortable and straightforward than trying to do your pic related.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why do so many people fantasize about living out their cars? It's too hot and stuffy. There's no room. Cops will bust you, esp. if you decide to have a beer. Can't have a GF, not that it matters. And there's no place to take a dump.

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

get a job loser

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

just fold the front seats in your french car.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *