1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes. Or gmt800

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Single cylinder motorcycle

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This. Carbed, air-cooled, single cylinder 2 stroke is about the most simple you can get.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

an old Honda Accord or . Despite having 1 cylinder, lawnmowers are absolute c**ts to work on.

My 91 and 92 Blazers were kind of c**ts to work on for some things.

KIND OF??? Those things are absolute fricking b***hes to do anything on. Dude, bury spark plugs under the exhaust manis, lmao. Alternator wiring routed over the exhaust, *jumps timing in your path*

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

all old trucks pre-1999. i would say miatas but the engine bay is a bit tight in some spots. plus it kills your fricking back hunching over a 2ft tall car. there is never a shortage of space on older trucks THOUGH.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

My 91 and 92 Blazers were kind of c**ts to work on for some things.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i sure do love all these vacuum lines

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Volkswagen beetle.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

this is the truest answer

https://i.imgur.com/oIYoMCJ.jpeg

what's the easiest vehicle to work on? is it something like pic rel

pre-LS small blocks from the 90s had the most moronic vacuum lines and wiring harnesses on them. They're easy if all that has been replaced and retrofitted with better stuff but factory wiring and all that is a nightmare once it gets brittle

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Were gmt400 headlights ever clear or did they just come hazed like that? I'm starting to truly believe they were never clear, I have never seen otherwise

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Cheap government motors plastic

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Polished mine out after 15 years of hazy build up, looks like new now.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Mine are

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Holy crap

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

has to be fake

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous
      • 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

in the 2000s it was no such thing as girls on internet
        in the 2020s it's now no such thing as a gmt400 with clear headlights

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I would consider them the easiest simply because they have the most basic and durable engine design, a push rod V8 with timing chain. Everything is easily accessible, the distributor can be a pain with the 5.7, but is entirely accessible

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

All the V8 options had the same distributor placement.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Well it can be a pain with the 5.7, but the 7.4 is a straight up pain in the butthole

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My generalized biased opinion from my experiences as follows:

>Easy tier
    Anything pre-chrysler Jeep (CJ, J-Series, Wagoner) and YJ
    Any big 3 trucks ~1990 and earlier, especially Chevy C/K series
    Toyota Pickups T100 and earlier, 4runners first, second and third gens
    GM A, B, G, and most W bodies (very late W's are arguable)

>Moderate Tier
    Jeep XJ/MJ/TJ/JK/KL
    Post-1990's big 3 pickups
    Post Toyota T100, first gen Tundras, fourth gen and later 4runners
    Early Ford Taurus and foxbodies
    Mazda CX3/5/50's
    Motorcycles in general
    Nissan/Datsun (well, early mini-trucks in general including Chevy Luv and Ford Courier too)
    Honda sedans/hatchbacks, notably CRX/Civic and Accord
    Dodge small pickup platform (Dakota/Durango)
    Anything Packard (wildcard)

>Frick everything tier
    Anything post 2000's VW
    Anything BMW
    Anything Audi
    Anything with a Ford 6.0L diesel
    Anything in a van chassis
    Anything in a minivan chassis

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What do you mean pre Chrysler jeep? The jeep XJs are the easiest and possibly the best jeeps ever made, gay

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I own a 92 XJ gaylord, as well as a 1976 CJ7. I also owned a MJ, and a J20.

For XJ/MJ's:
        >4.0L engine is shoehorned into a grossly undersized engine bay, making anything on the the engine a pain in the ass to work on if it isn't immediately on top (mechanical fan clutch, exhaust manifold, and engine crank sensors come to mind). Oil filters are a pain in the ass with the 90 degree adapter.
        >In the 4.0L, lifter failure is common and requires removal of the entire cylinder head to access them, something I can't say for any other pushrod engine. The aft most to cylinder head bolts touch the firewall, meaning they say with the head during removal/installation.
        >Wiring is questionable in numerous locations, namely in the dash. Mix-n-match of a ton of different brands of connectors.
        >Anything internal to the heater core / evaporator requires the entire removal of the dash.
        >Removal of the oil pan gasket requires disconnecting the entire front axle in order to drop it low enough to clear.
        >Engine mounts require a prayer and the longest crowbar you own to shimmy into place, and a mix of no less than two jacks to adjust the engine into the proper position to get the bolt holes to line up.
        >Renix and OBDI systems have an extremely rudimentary trouble codes, usually requiring intensely diagnosing or loading the parts cannon .
        >Half-assed antilock brake system sucks donkey nuts and it's generally easier to just remove the relay to disable the system than repair.
        >Captured nuts EVERYWHERE on the underside of the unibody that usually spin out / strip out on the second use.
        >Unit bearings; making an afternoon job an all day event with inferior parts. Need I say more?
        >Hybrid mix of imperial, metric, and torx requires a robust toolset and frequent tool changes to do one job.

Don't get me wrong, I love the XJ/MJ platform, and the build quality is generally great. But it's not the easiest platform to work on by any stretch of the imagination.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The best thing about the XJ is something is always wrong with it making for a great learning experience. If these things weren't so much fun to drive I would have junked mine awhile ago.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Work on Ford Modular V8s doesn't even feel like work.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Okay now do exhaust headers

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

suzuki samurai

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>is it something like pic rel

yes

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

F10 M5 🙂

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Almost any NA Japanese I4 from the 90s. The engine bays are mostly empty space, everything is accessible, the bolts/nuts are the same sizes, and everything is well-documented.
    GMT400s aren't bad either, but those 90s jap shitboxes are (usually) almost pleasurable to work on.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

their NA l6s are comfy too, however I will point out that the starter bolts are in a pretty shit location

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Those suck for heater cores and blower doors.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>what's the easiest vehicle to work on?
    Depends on what you're good at. If you're good with mechanical stuff an old truck is best. If you want the vehicular equivalent of Legos, it's a Toyota hybrid. If you're poor, the smallest car is easiest to work on.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I owned this as my first car, its a bootleg mitsubishi lancer that some malaysian company bought the license to. Cant remember what engine was in it exactly but the engine bay was so empty that you could stick your arm through it and touch the ground/bottom side of the engine

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

here it is, doesnt get much more simple than this

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Wow, it doesn't get too much simpler than that. And it doesn't have a massive array of vacuum lines that a lot of carbed engines had in that era. Not bad.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

wrong

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous
          • 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

very clean. very nice. one problem. it’s still short as FRICK.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/lbWcs59.jpeg

>A kilometer long front
          >Just to be literally empty
          American engineering at its finest

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What the frick is a “kilometer”

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Haha, but for real it's missing the inner fenders and they could be provisioned with larger engines in the same chassis. Still simple as frick to work on.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Miata
            >American
            fricking moronic busriding europoor kek

16. 3 weeks ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

working on Japanese cars kinda sucks, the way they do stuff varies a lot and they tend to not share parts from car to car
    American cars are just made from parts bins where they will use one axle in like 100 different trucks and cars, or one alternator in 100 different trucks or cars, jap shit they tend to make one specific part for one car and it doesn't get shared among all the others
    makes it really hard to find parts you need and you end up having to special order parts online instead of being able to get them locally which is really annoying

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i dunno about other jap marques but i know toyota shares parts across models as much as they can to also keep costs down.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You just posted it. Those old GM trucks are easy to find parts for too. Though I own a 1998 Dodge Ram 2500 and those are easy to work on too. And Ford, Toyota, Nissan, etc...

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Fixing aside, are these old chevys nice to drive? Is it worth the fix?

Im talking for someone who loves simplicity

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

it makes a nice vroom noise and the chairs are big comfy

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

gmt400s with leather interior had the comfiest seats of practically any car in my lifetime

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

They have memory foam inside and electric warmers.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *