What's your earliest automotive memory?

What's your earliest automotive memory?

I remember being 4-5 years old crossing the street with my mom and passing some sort of slammed 40's car with a blower out the hood. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world.

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Saw a '59 Cadillac in a parking lot and was in pure awe

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

my dad took me to a political rally to do burnouts in a first gen RX-7
    i must've been 4-5 years old

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Am i the weird one for not caring about cars until my early 20s? Because that's the time when you actually end up buying your own car with your own money.
    I did some research, and I realized that there's more to appreciate about cars than it being economical, practical, and reliable.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I actively detested cars as a kid because it means hours of helping my father, often when cold, wet or late at night holding a light and getting yelled at.

I now have been in a period where at once time I owned 4 of the same car at the same time, and daily drive a classic turbo sedan. I admittedly like my cars more as fashion accessories than as a performance driving machine as I am just not that talented behind the wheel. I feel like I enjoy my cars none the less.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

When is a normal time to become interested in trains, then?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

When your parents show you Thomas the Tank Engine. I'm total boomer mode with a massive Lionel setup and my old muscle car.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Probably riding with my dad in his 1940 Ford Business coup that he bought when he was 16 years old. He had hot rodded the crap out of it, put a built 351 Cleveland in it and a 5 speed manual. At 4 or 5 years old I must have told dad to floor it a million times. Loved that feeling of getting shoved back in the seat.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Probably the view from the rear seats of my grandparents' Wartburg 1.3 on the way to the family's summer cabin, with a polar bear plushie on the center rear seat and those weird headrests in front of me.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

5 y.o., riding in the back of a beat to shit ford pickup to the tortilleria on the balmy shores of Lago Chapala.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My mom getting mad at my dad for slapping a Grand Theft Auto IV sticker on the back of their white station wagon shitbox which I don't remember the model of.

Also some guy in my street buying the first Tesla Roadster in 2008. That thing was fricking cool.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

You need to be 18 to post here

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I'm 24 anon. 2008 was 16 years ago.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You mean sbesides wanting to own the generic lambo/ferrari? I used to think Chrysler 300’s were the coolest fricking thing. No I didn’t see them in a music video on MTV, nor did I live around Black folk. Just saw them while I stared outside the window everyday on my way home from school. The styling simply stood out (in a good way) amongst the shitty economy cars I was used to seeing everyday.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

It's shame they're tainted by a certain demographic. They are cool looking cars (if you don't mind the knock-off Bently styling) and can be had with a big v8.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My dad had a Ford F100 he called La Diabla (it was red) and I remember the noise of the Ford 188 with probably straight pipes, it felt like I was riding a monster.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

My uncle used to take me logging with him in the summer, he had an ex-Forest Service 3/4 ton chevy in the original green, he called it the Governor. Lifted on 38s, 4 on the floor, built 454. I was scared of that fricker for sure.
      One day he had to bring the skidder back to the ranch for repairs and he told me I had to drive the Governor home. Think I was about 12 y.o.
      I'd never driven anything but the family VW bug on my dad's lap, I was shitting bricks and about to sperg out but my uncle doesn't cotton to that kind of weakness. So I went.
      By the time I got it home I felt like king of the world, and my first truck was a 3/4 ton chevy.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

first four things that popped up in my mind are
    Herbie movies
    Going to hillclimb events when I was 6-7 first time that I saw a ferraris, alfa romeos, prototype style racers and lower class formulas damn that were good races shame that city council installed speed bumps on that road and it got shut down
    growing up next to a autoshop
    lastly getting a ride in old defender 127

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I picture all of this in green rolling hills. Cheers bongbro

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I think my mom said that my first word was car

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

When i was about 3 my dad and me sat on the front seat of ms65 72 toyoglide crown auto miss that car id go eh eh eh and steer lol

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I remember being about 7, I saw a Pontiac Firebird in the Kroger parking lot and was awestruck

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Before I was old enough for school I'd go visit my grandparents and my grandfather would take me to the recycling center in their 1993 Ford Tempo. I thought it was a racecar because it was red and had a manual transmission.
    They gave it to me when I was 15 when they upgraded, but my mom wrecked it (twice) before I could ever drive it legally.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My gramps giving me the Holley off his '69 Cougar Eliminator to frick around with and pull apart when I was like 10. Then he took all the pieces and showed me how to rebuild it. Loved old carbed shitboxes ever since, miss you gramps.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I remember playing with my brother in my grandma's old 70's Cadillac whenever we'd go to visit as a family. It was white with red interior. Not sure of the model. She was too old to drive and the car just sat in the driveway. I really wonder what happened to it. Probably towed off to some scrap yard

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>earliest automotive memory
    Being in the pits at the local dirt oval track with my parents, wearing those little footy pajamas because it was past my bedtime.
    Both mom & dad raced and they took me along a lot.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Sounds like fun, anon. How's your hearing?

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My dad fixing his FJ40 while smoking cigarettes

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

being yelled at by my dad to HOLD THE LIGHT STILL and yanking my hand back into position

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I don't actually remember it, but "car" was my first word. My parents remarked that I sounded like a crow because I would scream "car! car!" every time we went for a drive.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *