What's your favourite Dodge Challenger? The 1.6 inline 4 or the 2.6 inline four?

What's your favourite Dodge Challenger? The 1.6 inline 4 or the 2.6 inline four?

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Is this some kind of not funny joke ?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Challenger#Second_generation_(1978%E2%80%931983)

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

i don't think there was a harder fall from grace for a model. the Mustang II didn't even come close to shitting on the mustang legacy as hard as this did the challenger. not even the Mach E.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Don’t think of it as a muscle car Challenger, see it as a glorious Mitsubishi and then you’ll understand. It’s a fun Jap 4 banger with delicious styling when compared to what we have today.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Mustang II
          people give it way too much shit. The Mustang had become massive and bloated by 1973, and they couldn't get away with selling that anymore during the oil crisis. The Mustang II got downsized at the exact right time, and the effort Ford put into it still pays off today. You know how many boomers who shit on it have Mustang II suspensions in their "restomod" muscle cars?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What's the difference between the 73 and 72?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

There isn't any, except the "performance" engines are just more and more choked up. It's still just as pigfat.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>The Mustang had become massive and bloated by 1973
            So what does this mean?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That 1973 was the last year of the first generation Mustang?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

But if there was no change, then you can say the same thing by saying they were massive and bloated by 71 too.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>you know how many boomers who shit on it have Mustang II suspensions in their "restomod" muscle cars?
            None

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

One of these rebadged Mitsu’s would be fun to drive! I’m pretty sure the 2.6l is the actual hemispherical heads version. You can’t find any though for sale or it’s rusted into oblivion.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I read an article today that there's just five of these left on UK roads (marketed as a Colt rather than a Mitsubishi).

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The Big Block baby! All 2.4L of it!

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I see the MITSUBISHI badge!

mitsu loves you always

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>tfw these are all rust now so I have to live out my yankii bosozoku JDM shitbox dreams with a v6 LX body

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Hot take but it looks close enough to an original 1970 that I can see how Dodge got away with it as an oil crisis car.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Dodge got away with it
      Like hell they did. Everybody collectively rolled their eyes at the husk of Chrysler trying to pass that off as a Challenger. The Sapporo didn't get grief for trying to cash in on a legacy it was not a part of, it just got wtf reactions to an unconventional name. That said, I doubt the name of either had much to do with the poor sales. At the time the stench of death was so strong at Chrysler they just about couldn't give the cars away as everybody figured there wouldn't be any way to get the expected warranty work done.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Never liked Challenger. Always prefered Charger.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why Charge when you can RAMPAGE?

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm gonna have to go with the 2.2 turbo from the Daytona.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The Astron is by far the best engine for any classic mitsubishi, be it sigma, scorpion or even the classic lancers.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I have an Astron in my 85 Voyager, I heard they eat head gaskets for lunch and were known for being unreliable, especially when paired with the Mikuni carb, which I have. How fricked am I?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Well maybe they changed over the years but the EFI one in my Magna was rock solid, except for the ratchet on the timing chain tensioner wearing out and allowing the chain to slack and rattle on startup before oil pressure builds.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Mikuni carb
        It seems it's really known as a Mikuni-Solex, and you're fricked.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I am?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Don't ya love it when people give useless information? Check forums for carb swap info. Replacing 1980s carbs is easy. I used rebuild "Holley-Weber" style 2bbs on my VW Scirocco and two Dodge D-50s. Adapters are easy to buy or make. This is not the place to study that.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Based info sharer. I appreciate it. I will do as you suggest, sempai.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Just bought a weber carb with adapter, apparently that's the best way to go on the Voyagers since the Solex is the biggest weak point and evidently one of the worst carbs ever made. Will be fun to resurrect this lad after being abandoned for 25 years. It runs and drives, but holy shit that carb is AIDS.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Supra80

Still better than the eventual EV abomination they'll slap the Challenger name on next.

also they sold a luxury version as a Plymouth.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

the EV abomination at least lives up to the muscle car tradition by actually being fast, and the EV challenger will actually look like a challenger. the mitsubishi was just embarrassing for the nameplate all around having nothing to do with it in any way. the EV challenger is going to live up to the challenger name in every way other than exhaust note.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/xRaChlW.jpg

Back in the day in oz, people used to put the 186 or 202 holden straight sixes in these.
      They were cheap and readily available.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Honestly it does look like Challenger but 80s style. Dodge meets Delorean.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Aesthetically, it's nice, especially with the two tone.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

2.6 inline four, obviously.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That got a hemi in it?

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My first car was a 2.2 Charger. Fun, simple little shitbox.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *