What's your opinion on American cars with itasha?

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Mega based, but that design is like 5/10 at best.
    I mean the art is good, but it just looks bland and empty. I genuinely enjoy Goodsmile Racing style ADHD/packed designs more

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>but that design is like 5/10 at best.
      It was one of the first results for itasha corvette. I think it's boring as shit, but didn't want to search for a better one.
      I've been debating wrapping my c5

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Any car with itasha is fricking cringe. Almost like itasha means something...

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I really want to do a Nascar inspired itasha of Frieren on my f150 but I have no idea how much it costs to wrap. And I would need to sand the flaking factory paint and putty all over because the old lady's rusty.

Also I don't know how angry my parents would be with me. They're the only people preventing me from doing this right now. They hate me spending my own money.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>They hate me spending my own money
      >wants to spend several grand on a flavor of the month anime wrap for his rusty truck
      I can see why

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Are wraps seriously that expensive? I thought they were supposed to be cheaper than repaints.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Any decent wrap will run you $3k-$4k + designing fees, and that's in a place like California where there's competition
          The poorgay alternative is a giant sticker from Aliexpress for a couple hundred, but it'll look like shit and wear out in a couple months

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>$3k-$4k + designing fees
            Man, that's crazy. My whole idea was to have my dad help me resurface (he did body work for a living) the truck and get a wrap since I could justify it being cheaper than a decent repaint.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You'd be surprised at how much labor and skill goes into wrapping. I helped my boss wrap his Raptor years ago and it was a b***h, took us a whole week of evenings to get done and didn't come out great. That was with regular off the shelf vinyl too (which was still like $1,500 for good 3M stuff), with an itasha you have to add all the costs of having the design custom printed and then the skill and effort necessary to get everything lined up properly on the car and so on.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

is there any way to get it done without it looking like total shit for ~2k?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

order cheap wrap from Aliexpress.
            wrap it
            Buy PPF
            wrap it

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I will never understand people who will spend thousands to advertise someone else for free

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

3-4k lmao. Wouldn't even spend that on a wrap if if I was a gorillionaire.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>What's your opinion on American cars with itasha?
            Same with those anime stickers on the windows, no opinion at all.

>Any decent wrap will run you $3k-$4k + designing fees, and that's in a place like California where there's competition
            Having dabbled in automotive vinyl and sublimation printing I still think people are getting taken for a ride if they pay for it. Automotive vinyl has been made so trivially easy that you just need a second set of hands and a little patience. The signage hardware pays for itself just from how useful it is to make durable labels. Only way I can see this making sense is if the vinyl is retroreflective, which significantly amps up the cost and hassle to install.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

A good wrap won't just be cheap vinyl, at least near me on the east coast that'll run you the 3k-4k for full wrap. But aside from good materials, a good professional installer is worth the time and you can often tell when poor weebs did it at home compared to getting it done professionally.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You'll forget about that anime before the year is over. Watch better anime

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Tons of people have genshit or star rail wraps. A waifu is a waifu.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The company behind those games is one of the largest private companies in the world now

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

you're not any less of a weeb cause you pick a popular series

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Covering your car with pop culture nerd shit is cringe in general, Disney is almost 10 times the size of miHoYo but I'd laugh just as hard at somebody with a Marvel or Star Wars character wrap. That's literally what "itasha" means anyway, literally "painful car" but the "painful" really means cringe in context.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

So? The characters are still all just boring fotm husks.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>What's your opinion on Americans with itasha?

Itasha in America is probably the most toxic community out there. Like Call of Duty Toxicity but ramped up to 11.

You have a bunch of socially inept autistic weebs seething with extreme jealousy, resentment, and outright hatred. Most of it is because of the choice of character, the anime, the vehicle or even all three.

Imagine someone with a nice Evo IX and a well done, tasteful racing livery style wrap. One that was made to fit the car and flow with the cars shape and bodylines ... except it's from an anime you don't like or a character you dislike (or one that isn't popular).

Or someone who has a Skyline with the same nicely designed wrap. People will say the most hateful things to them out of jealously and envy.

If you do decide to make an itasha wrap, do yourself a huge favor and keep it to yourself.

99/100 times anime peekers are placed with no rhyme or reason and are low quality trash that cracks and peels in a few months.
      When I do my itasha, I'll probably spend like a month planning it out

"Itasha" isn't the design or wrap, it's the car. 痛車 meaning "Cringe Car".
      If you're going to use weebshit words at least use correct grammar.

That said, any itasha is a cringe car regardless of its make and model.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Shut the frick up, homosexual. Everyone calls it an itasha wrap.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

porsche isn't the badge or the sticker but i still call badges or stickers with porsche on it a porsche badge or a porsche sticker

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Yes, because Porsche is the company and a Porsche sticker is a sticker of the company's logo.

By your own logic an "Itasha Wrap" would be wrapping your car with pictures of Itashas.

Shut the frick up, homosexual. Everyone calls it an itasha wrap.

And they're all moronic, every single one. Most people think it's okay to go 10k between oil changes. Most people think you should use the brakes at the apex of a turn. Does that make them right?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

stop being a moron
            black people aren't food but i still call kfc black people food

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I love it

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

In hellish modern society anything that is considered transgressive is probably based

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

HE'LL YEAH BORTHER

• 2 months ago
      TooZ

https://i.imgur.com/593SpkO.jpg

what have you done to the CorVeeVees?!
      That's going to reduce the resale value.
      and it is "The GheyPedo Candy Groomer Vroom Vroom"
      I can sense may anal hymens were broken in the making of these.
      anal hymens of some high mens.
      meth , not even once.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I think they're fricking hilarious.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Anyone who puts anime graphics on their car should be euthanized.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Land of the free... free to be moronic

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

they're pretty common with enthusiasts in japan. Guess they're freer than the US

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

cringe, unless its something tangentially Americana related like a USN Kancolle/Azur Lane grill
    -that's based

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>protects paint
    >ez to remove when done
    >makes boomers/poorgays/puritans seethe tremendously
    extremely based, but only when on desirable cars like gt500 or c8
    cringe if on an impala or base charger or something

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>le based cuz le triggered!
      just buy a fullsize truck. you'll trigger a lot more people with a lot less money.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>buying a full sized truck is a lot less money than a wrap
        what did he mean by this?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>extremely based, but only when on desirable cars like gt500 or c8
          did you forget what was in your own post.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>there are only 2 people on DA, me and "anon".

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

you're still a moron for not reading the single-reply reply-chain.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I don't think he was telling you to buy a gt500 or c8 just to wrap it, anon. just to wrap it if you already do have one.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

now imagine if you already owned a fullsize truck. now you're triggering people for less than it cost to wrap a car because you can't get cheaper than $0

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>now imagine if you already owned a fullsize truck.
            why would I want to imagine that?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

why would you want to imagine triggering people? ask the guy who first mentioned it being based.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

especially based on trucks

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

thank god no one actually paid for that because that design is fricking atrocious.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

kinda gay but i want your guys opinion on this,
    beaners do this trick where they buy a super lacey floral rug and sling it over the roof, spray the pattern in, they call it lacing.
    i was wondering how bad you'd think i twould be to do as a lower belt line two-tone or possibly put them on splotches of paint that doesn't match the bodywork on a beater.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>beaners do this trick
      Why would you want to copy anything a beaner does?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

because paint is one of the very few things they know how to do, I don't like low riders, that shit is gay but I do like some of the painting tricks they do.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

that's gayer than aids holy frick

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Black person you're in an itashi thread seeing real art and throwing a fit about it, what does that say about you

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>real art
            making a stencil out of your grandma's curtains isn't real art you dumb homosexual.
            make sure to include your grindr account name when you're rattle canning that shit on though. people already know you're gay, so might as well get something for your effort.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

stopped reading
            you're a Black person homosexual and you probably have anime stickers on your car.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>t.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>this gay doesn't want lingere on his car
            kwab

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

NTA, but I wouldn't want lingerie(that's how you spell it, btw) on my car. I want a microbikini on my car, because my car is a e-girl.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

low riders are cool. stance is what happens when a low rider starts slurping cum.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I don't like the ones that are over the top paintjobs where it looks like it has 40 miles of painters tape laid on it.
            I just hate the ones that look like the only way he could afford that shit is if he spent his whole life being a drug dealer as mexicans typically do, that makes it very not endearing to me.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

also if it bounces it's scrap no exeption

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Itasha isn't bad but most of them are bland or empty.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It's not just that many of them are bland, it's that many are uncreative. They go commission someone who slaps random livery in the back and an anime girl up front and call it "design." Hell, half the American ones are just "I bought a Supra and slapped an anime girl on it with some speed lines."

Meanwhile good Itasha come in a huge variety of styles and expressions, like some of these: https://youtu.be/ik9VIGzdlcE

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>with some speed lines
        you're giving them too much credit, most don't even have that.
        this

https://i.imgur.com/593SpkO.jpg

has been photographed repeatedly by people that see it, and it's literally just a big sticker of an anime girl.
        Going to japan and seeing actual quality itasha (and cars) on odaiba and at daikoku PA really shined some light on how bad our shit is.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I went to Shizuoka Itasha Heaven in '23 and it was cool if not a bit more subdued than some others (weather). Another nice thing to see is the Japanese will Itasha any vehicle but then work to make it look good. It doesn't have to be complex but it does have thought into it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

They do a lot of motorcycles too
            But yeah I saw a bunch of like basic econo cars with wraps. They're just built different there.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Tons of Itansha (bikes) there. They'll slap it on anything, really. If you showed off this Corvette at some US Itasha meets they'd be like "THAT'S NOT A JAPANESE CAR?! WRONG!" Let alone using Uma Musume. I wonder how Euro Itasha is, I don't think I've ever seen pictures of any.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>neighborhood patrol
      >dollar tree
      lmao this image definitely has a setting

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>What's your opinion on Americans with itasha?

Itasha in America is probably the most toxic community out there. Like Call of Duty Toxicity but ramped up to 11.

You have a bunch of socially inept autistic weebs seething with extreme jealousy, resentment, and outright hatred. Most of it is because of the choice of character, the anime, the vehicle or even all three.

Imagine someone with a nice Evo IX and a well done, tasteful racing livery style wrap. One that was made to fit the car and flow with the cars shape and bodylines ... except it's from an anime you don't like or a character you dislike (or one that isn't popular).

Or someone who has a Skyline with the same nicely designed wrap. People will say the most hateful things to them out of jealously and envy.

If you do decide to make an itasha wrap, do yourself a huge favor and keep it to yourself.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Oh, they won't just get that way about anime characters, but even about who is driving it, the car mods (whether they like them or if there are any), and even the type of car. You could have the most amazing Itasha on some non-weeb car, I dunno a Corvette or F150 Raptor or something, but the other itashgays will barely contain their cum over 02 slapped on the side of a Type R or Supra.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

For me, it's prisma racing

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I used to work for the company that did all the Type-Moon Racing figures and owned all those itasha. The owner couldn't run a business to save his life and ran it into the ground sadly.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's cool when done all out where someone dedicates 100% to a theme. The random anime peeker stickers and shit you see on normie driven cars in Burgerland now is cringe, on the other hand.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

99/100 times anime peekers are placed with no rhyme or reason and are low quality trash that cracks and peels in a few months.
      When I do my itasha, I'll probably spend like a month planning it out

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

all that time and energy and it'll get about as much attention as the dude who slapped on some stickers.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I'm doing it for myself, not for you, moron-kun.
          You're also wrong, but that's besides the point.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

i know a Black person like you. his shit gets about as much attention as some other Black person's stickers.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I know a guy like you, he gets his ass plowed on a daily basis, often multiple times a day because he loves the attention.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

How are you doing it for yourself? Like frickin why bro? That shit looks gay as frick. I get it you don't give a frick and want to stare at your car all day. A lot of people are going to think you're a homosexual though and in my experience tbqh it's best to never draw attention to yourself;

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You do sound like someone extremely insecure that's worried about what the rest of the world thinks, yeah.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I dunno man.. the definition of insecurity to me is being a dipshit moron who thinks he doesn't give a frick when he does in fact cares a lot.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
            you're the one that keeps bringing up being worried about other peoples' opinions. Don't you have more reading up to do on being a grey man or some shit?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>grey man

Yes even aliens will think you're a homosexual and abduct you and probe you to discover what makes a homosexual.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

dont listen to them anon they are poor/jealous. the more people who put effort into making better itashas sets a better example for others and is something fun for other people who appreciate istashas to look at. if you are serious come back and post it when its done. what is the character and car model?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

trying to decide between kuro or my own OC, going on a c5 corvette.
            I'll post it after I get it done for sure.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>I'll post it after I get it done for sure.
            nice! I havent seen that anime but I recognize the character.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

its the anime where they yuri-frick so hard the old man goes "holy moly".

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It's basically just yuri e-girl incest and fighting

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I want to FRICK kuro.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>don't listen to them anon. they're just poor/jealous of your lifted truck.
            reminder you can say this about anything.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

has telling someone with a lifted truck/stanced car/wrapped car/whatever mods you don't like that you don't like their car ever had any meaningful affect?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

you're assuming I have something against people with lifted trucks. which i dont

at least you're self aware. i will give you props for that. enjoy your animu car, br/o/.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

you're assuming I have something against people with lifted trucks. which i dont

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

What about itasha with pieces of American media on it?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That was a missed opportunity to have laughing tom cruise jokers plastered on the side.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If the revolution begins in my lifetime, I'm personally coming for everyone with any anime displayed anywhere on their vehicle

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I'm coming for you boypussy

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's thoughtful of pathetic feebs to warn others by display since they aren't self-aware.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

cringe

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

you know somebody probably has sprayed over that hood at some point because of how embarrasing it is
      it's probably still out there with a single coat on it

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

nobody would be dumb enough to do that. Hoods worth a shit ton of money

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Where do I commission one of these for my e65? Would it pull asian qts?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It'll pull con thots. They sometimes are hot but always crazy.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>but always crazy.
        That's my type

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Spoken like a true virgin.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

N-no, I'm n-n-not a vir-vir-virgin. N-Black person!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Its ok my fellow crazy wrangler i love them too

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Lame. Anime is for homosexuals.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Anime website

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The C5 is like 15 years old, I don't care.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Some C5s are already legally classified as classics.

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Probably the single most moronic use of money I could think of.

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Dunno, don't go to American car shows. They are all gay besides Pebble Beach.

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

before trooning out
    >itasha is so cool i love this shit
    >after
    >oh god it's gross

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Based
    Everybody needs to learn to apreaciate the superior artistry of nippon

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *