Whats your opinion on head up displays?

Whats your opinion on head up displays?

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

expensive and needlessly elaborate goytech that will undoubtedly be lapped up by easily amused normgroid morons

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>expensive
      to buy? yes usually because they only come on high trim vehicles. to make? not at all.
      >needlessly elaborate
      it's an LCD and a windshield with a flat spot and anti reflective coating. not exactly rocket science.
      >that will undoubtedly be lapped up by easily amused normgroid morons
      if it were it would be more common on normie models, which it isn't. not saying people don't love them, just not enough to drive demand to put them in everything.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

let me guess, you're poor.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>expensive and needlessly elaborate goytech

It's just a mirrored LED array, you fricking clown

GM shitboxes had them since the 90s

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>expensive
      Looked on Amazon and I don't think I've seen one over 50 bucks yet. Most cluster around 30.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Useful in moderation. The less you have to take your eyes off the road for example for your GPS screen the better usually. Instead of that you'll probably get 'immersive' on-screen ads instead based on your yesterdays drive and what you talked about with your friend.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>probably
      You are acting as if HUDs aren't a thing yet

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

They will have ads soon, moron. Never buying new.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I don't think the EU would ever make this legal

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>Never buying new.
          Then don't open your mouth about new cars

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

i wish they did the heads up display from the f250 on the mustang where it shows RPM and speed in a nice consise way

driven a few with it optioned out very useful and fun

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I like em

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

just another feature that stealerships will use as an excuse to bend you over harder
    it's neat, but ultimately pure fluff that you don't need

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

You don't need anything in life except to breathe, eat and drink.
      The question is if something is need and ai think HUDs are pretty neat.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

My chick's BMW has one and it's pretty based. If the navigation is on it'll tell you what lane to be in. It shows radio stations. It's nice having the speedo right there.

expensive and needlessly elaborate goytech that will undoubtedly be lapped up by easily amused normgroid morons

^low income trash

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The automakers mostly gave that shit up, twenty years ago. Cost of replacement, under warranty and insurance companies balking at the repair costs put the nails in the coffin.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>The automakers mostly gave that shit up, twenty years ago.
      It barely existed 20 years ago, moron. I remember a buddy getting a 5 series in like 2005 that had one and it was a big deal.
      You're really stupid.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

GM has been using HUDs since the 80s. The tech is nothing new and was brought over from US navy and USAF aircraft.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Thought it was useless until I got a car with it. Absolutely wonderful to have, it puts the nav directions up or I can tap a button and get shift indicators displayed.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Same. Thought it was a useless gimmick till I got an Audi that had it. It's useful in big cities where the lanes can get complicated and the HUD shows you where to drive

8. 1 month ago
    Greased Geese

>only two hud indicators
    >bingo hall
    >the buffet

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The BMW one is pretty nice. Have speedometer and navigation without needing to take my eyes off the road.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Acura does it like that too for what it's worth

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>"Oh, that's neat."
    >"Alright, how do I shut it off?"

Goes for most "new features" for me. I need to be able to connect my music, and have my maps app be visible. That's it. Sometimes I'll keep it on to "enjoy the default experience" but 9/10 times, it's a nuisance.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Like airpods vs wired headphones, they're not really necessary, cause about as few problems as they solve, people will think you're worthless if you don't have one.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I won't use them until I can watch Disney+

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I've got one in my Ioniq 5 limited and it's pretty neat. Not something I'd buy a car for specifically but I like it. I use it for seeing current speed (cause some 4ft chink moron decided to put the speedometer on the part of that dash that's completely blocked by the steering wheel if you're a normal height human being) and I have the blind spot monitoring alerts so I can tell when the morons in my area decide to try to merge into me doing 80 where I normally can't see them.

tl;dr: neat but unnecessary

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I had an s13 with the really early shit version of this. it projected onto a dumb little piece of tint embedded into the glass.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Meme, annoying, distraction, and my eyes are bad enough without something blocking the windshield. Should only flash something subtle quickly for a hazard or speeding warning, then frick off. But that's not worth the effort of having ur all set up so I'd forgo it.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

If your eyes are bad enough that a tiny barely visible reflection of your speed in the windshield is an issue for you then you shouldn't be driving in the first place moron

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *