Anonymous

2012 was the peak year

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

baste

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Not for the driveshaft lol

The 3.7 cars are slept on. Sound incredible with an exhaust, faster than a 4.6, 500whp on boost SBE. Truly the American 370z but most of you will be moronic about it because there's a horse on the back.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

there's no good reason to buy a v6 when you can get a v8 in the same car
        The only v6 pony car I respect is one being used as a rwd camry and nothing more

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Because it's newer, cheaper sometimes, and there's less weight up front so it'll handle better than a older 3V. This guy in my local AX region built a 3.7 PP as a AutoX car, it wasn't as good as the other cars in D Street (CTR, Evo/STi) but it was a great alternative to a Z33 if you find one cheap enough.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/2011-mustang-v6-performance-pack-building-the-wrong-car-for-d-street.16000/page-4

I understand buying a V8 for the sound though.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>there's less weight up front
            It's not a troonyverse shitbox

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You sure about that? It's 156lbs between a 3.7 and 5.0, and the 3.7 is physically shorter.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

A 3.7 is also half the price of a 5.0, $4-8k as high as $10-12k vs $14-23k

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

good looking car and an awesome motor accompanied with the worst suspension setup known to man

• 1 month ago
      The poster formerly known as A freakin Audi

>the worst suspension setup known to man
      And now we know your opinion is worthless. Thank you.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

*gearbox
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C3_transmission
      the 5r55 is so incredibly shit

• 1 month ago
      p

>worst suspension setup known to man
      You're thinking of the gm corvette's leaf springs

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

The a-arms don't know if it's a leaf or coil.
        moron.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Japanese live rear axle :O
      >American live rear axle >:(

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

What japanese sports car used a solid axle after 2000?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>What japanese sports car used a solid axle ?
          I'd like to know without the year cutoff.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Most of the rwd stuff got irs by the mid 80s. Only things I can think of off the top of my head are the 1st gen rx7 and the 86. Those cars were some of the cheaper sports cars that used a lotta parts bin stuff in their suspension though. Flagship stuff like the celica/supra, silvia s12, or the z's all had irs by that time though afaik

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

A sovlful spiritual successor to the original Mustang. I find the older models nicer looking though they get overshadowed by the later Coyote-powered models.
    I think they could've easily kept the retro look going to compete with the Challenger rather than going all swoopy with the design.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

They frick

Even if pic rel has $1600 in tires

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

muscle car to the s550 sports car

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I daily drove a 2013 5.0 for 6 years, it absolutely fricks. The ancient suspension is part of the fun, I have an S550 now and I still sometimes miss the rawness of the s197

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

S550 is the best

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

UGLY. SLOW. GAY.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

enough about yourself

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Aged like milk.

Looks Chinese.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The embodiment on why mustangs kinda suck. Stuck in the past of Americas golden years and tries to ride that to success. It worked obviously, but shouldn't have. The original mustang was meant to be a sports car not a muscle car, but everyone seemingly forgot that and continued to put solid rear axles and floaty suspension in the shits until 2015. The 4.6 is an anemic engine, even for its time, and the introduction of the coyote was slightly marred by the introduction of the mt82. Also the interior fricking sucks, the sn95 is unironically better, bite me.
    All that being said, if you'd rather look at the mustang as a muscle car, it's fine, boat like suspension doesn't matter when all you need is to go straight and a solid rear axle can handle a shit ton of power.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

jesus fricking christ how many god damn influencers on youtube told you to say that GO OUTSIDE YOUR A WALKING YOUTUBE VIDEO

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

anon stop regurgitating shit you read on the internet. I doubt you've even sat in one

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

He doesn't even realize the New Edge and SN95 were genuinely worse

The S197s had the advantage of having ridiculously OP chassis rigidity for their time and the best ABS tuning. Vorshlag developed one and they loved it, comparing it to the C5 Corvette so I take their word for it. It's better in some aspects like not being a 20 year old GM and having backseats.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/s197-ford-mustang-the-best-ba/265982/page1/

Really my only problem with them is how expensive the tires are. $400 a tire is a hard pill to swallow when youre paying $200 for 255/40/17s. GRM has a good buyers guide that's paywalled, but this guy makes a good argument for them too.

https://motoiq.com/project-budget-400whp-s197-mustang-track-car-intro/

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>he original mustang was meant to be a sports car not a muscle car, but everyone seemingly forgot that and continued to put solid rear axles and floaty suspension in the shits until 2015.
      It's was a derivative of economy car that cribbed the parts bin.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

i drive a 2014 model and i like it 🙂

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Can't turn, can't win.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I've always thought they were ugly compared to sn95s, but they've started to grow on me. I saw one in Grabber Blue the other day and that thing was beautiful.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

05-10 are kinda shit but due to being within zoomer price ranges, suddenly the soulless boomer retro styling is cool now.

I like the 13/14 tho

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I absolutely adore mine.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>gaudy body color
      >black rims

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>rims
        >hates color and wants everything to be a monochromatic cuckbox
        post hand Black person

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>implying
          there are many nice shades of green but this isnt it especially coupled with those detroit tier black rims you double Black person

• 1 month ago
      Manor Lords

absolute pajeet tier

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Based fun colour for a fun car.

Ignore these projecting pajeets

https://i.imgur.com/YCcjBLc.png

>gaudy body color
      >black rims

absolute pajeet tier

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>projecting pajeets
        get your teeth checked first nigel

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Drove an 11 V6 back in college, was a good car for what it was.
    S550 interior is definitely an upgrade but I still feel nostalgic for them, especially on the outside.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The greatest looking car ever made and I will never own one. It's not fricking fair bros.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>and I will never own one
      Euro? S197s are near the bottom of their price curve in the US.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Leaf. We use salt here.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Import one from Florida/Texas/California. They were sold in Canada so it should be easy to do so, and 07-08s are reaching the 15 year mark. I actually feel they held up better to salt than most cars.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Canadian spec cars had DRLs, they're not required here so he'd have to get those wired up.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Leaf. We use salt here.

Just buy one that was someone's second car and not destroyed by winter/salt.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The Shelby's/saleen models are sexy

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The only common mass production retro styled car that pulled it off.
    >ree muh chally wally
    It's just a fat original challenger, the 197 looks retro yet not a copy without being gaudy about it.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The S197 GT500 will always be one of my favorite cars ever

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *