What's your preferred brand of engine oil?

Mine used to be Castrol, but then the Chinese took over the brand and it went to shit.

Now I usually get either Liqui Moly or Mobil.

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

synthetic oil feed stock all comes out of the same vat in kentucky. the only difference is the additive package that the various brands blend in later.
    that being said, i also use mobil.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Unless it's Shell, in which case it comes out of a vat built over a NatGas well in Saudi.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My oil is the color of royalty.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>royal purple
      >Subaru driver detected

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Castrol Edgelord and Bosch filter. Every time.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I like Castrol too

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Castrol Edgelord and Bosch filter. Every time.

https://i.imgur.com/b8ZIgcH.png

Mine used to be Castrol, but then the Chinese took over the brand and it went to shit.

Now I usually get either Liqui Moly or Mobil.

my volkswagen says on the oil cap to only use Castrol Edge so I do

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

as long as it meets the vag spec any brand will do. i use ravenol in my shitbox

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

cheapest 10w40 i can get

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

For me, it's Amsoil

Then Valvoline VR1
    Then Pennzoil Platinum

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I only use Redline

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

pennzoil and a napa gold filter

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Which Penzoil?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

conventional high mileage

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

You fricked up

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

[...]
            [...]

Correct. Pennzoil is the correct answer. Pennzoil, Shell gas and Michelin tires... I'll simp for the holy 3 any day of the week.

Very based and very redpilled.

However, I was very disturbed to see that Shell stations are now putting 10% corn juice in their 91. I used to go there specifically because they didn't water it down with that acidic trash.

They still have the best blend of detergents though.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>picrel, I got several cases of it for cheap in 2020

This is the only option worth the cost over my picrel.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yep. I admit I am but a simple chimp, I see big bright yellow box I grab it.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/w9Xl5RZ.jpg

You fricked up

https://i.imgur.com/IgCDAu8.jpg

[...]

Pennzoil == Quaker State == Shell == SOPUS, it's all the same oil in different color bottles.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

This when its on sale + mann filter
    Im not falling for the overpriced oil israelite

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

They all do the same thing so... the cheapest one

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Bait. If not bait, they don't.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>REEEEEE THE ADDITIVES YOU HAVE TO CARE ABOUT AND AUTISTICALLY SHOP AROUND FOR THE BEST ADDITIVE BLEND
        No. I don't. As long as the oil weight matches what's in my manual then I'm buying the cheapest version I can find because it's all the same.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

It's your choice but they're not the same and don't perform the same. I maximize cheapness and frugality too, but if it's something you care about, this isn't the time to do it.

When the core function is lubricity, and different brands perform wildly differently among the same weights, yeah, they don't do the same thing. Wish it were that easy.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You can go to any forum or any mechanic and get a dozen different opinions on what brand of oil performs the best and how their choice is 100% backed up objectively by science. I'm not falling for your moronic bullshit.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It's not opinion, it's testing. Not that you ever sought any of this out, clearly.

Yes, there are opinions out there, but that's not what's being discussed here.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You have zero reading comprehension.
            Post your evidence for the 100% conclusively definitively proven best motor oil brand in this thread. You won't because it doesn't exist and a half dozen other anons will jump in claiming the same thing for a different brand.
            You buy whatever brand you want, but don't expect me to get baited by marketing like you.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

So anyway.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You can watch some nice videos, m8.
            Oils won't matter in your 1999 Ford Explorer, but those of us that have nice cars it does matter.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Literally this.
            Shitbox oil in your shitbox, who cares. But for those who DO care, it makes a difference. Always has.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

https://youtu.be/D3qFfAEp9AU
            So anyway.

You can watch some nice videos, m8.
            Oils won't matter in your 1999 Ford Explorer, but those of us that have nice cars it does matter.

Show him the whole fricking series

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

He's literally not going to watch them anyway, lamao. Watch him cope with a new excuse with how the testing somehow isn't real. You know how these people be

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

This because with cheap oil and regular changes the oil related engine stuff is going to last longer than anything else. Rust or transmission or wreck or Dethcool related BHG will take my vehicle out before engine rings or bearings. Never killed a car with any kind of issue better oil would have solved.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

read

Enough banting and baiting. If oil doesn't matter matter to you, you're either a leasegay or poorgay.

you have nothing worth caring about or paying attention to

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Enough banting and baiting. If oil doesn't matter matter to you, you're either a leasegay or poorgay.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
  11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

[...]

By a slight margin it's better than the mail order oil brands. But only Ultra Platinum is "the best" the rest won't win any awards but is damn fricking good.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Weird, so the anons in this thread who prefer Mobil or Castrol or Royal Purple or Valvoline or Amsoil or Quaker are all wrong?

[...]
      That wasn't the point.

That's been my point from the beginning. Not my fault you can't follow along.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

There are two things being discussed here.

1. "There's no difference between oils." There is.

2. "What brand is the best? It's all opinion." We proved there are differences. And we can prove brands are testable. Decide for yourself.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>We proved there are differences. And we can prove brands are testable
          So then you should be able to tell me what is definitively the best brand of motor oil then. What's stopping you?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>what is definitively the best brand of motor oil then.
            Lucky Star.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It's already been said.

Modern:
            1. Amsoil
            2. Pennzoil Platinum

Classic:
            1. Valvoline VR1

The reason it was even a debate before is because no one went through the effort to make the data and testing both so wide, in depth, and consistent, but now you'd be a fool these days to dismiss the results given the rigor. It's a more recent development, but hopefully that means the other oil brands are going to step it up in response to getting publicly blown the frick out. So the consumer wins either way in the end, ideally.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/IuJEXkm.jpg

Shell Rotella T4 15w-40 with zinc additive for my flat tappet engine.

Meant to say Shell Rotella is also there with VR1 for best classic oil. Knew I was forgetting one.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Valvoline VR1 is what I used to use because of the extra zinc (I hear burning oil with zinc in it can ruin catalytic converters, but my car is de-catted so inconsequential) but it's too expensive online, so I switched to Rotella with zinc additive.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Well, I specifically use them for flat tappet engines for 70s applications and earlier, for newer applications, it's probably less consequential, vital, and in some cases may not always be advisable to go for maximum zinc. Some engines need more molybdenum instead

Either way, Rotella is very high quality, so still a good choice. Even though I love VR1, it's hard to source, especially in the right weights, and when you do, either low stock, or high prices. So I don't blame you one bit. Got to take your tradeoffs

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I use PUP 5w-30 in all my cars, user manual be damned.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

[...]

That wasn't the point.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Hoenstly whatever works usually 20-60w diesel oil

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Shell Rotella T4 15w-40 with zinc additive for my flat tappet engine.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/cyJtouc.jpg

>what is definitively the best brand of motor oil then.
      Lucky Star.

https://i.imgur.com/F6FJsyM.jpg

for me it's

It's already been said.

Modern:
      1. Amsoil
      2. Pennzoil Platinum

Classic:
      1. Valvoline VR1

The reason it was even a debate before is because no one went through the effort to make the data and testing both so wide, in depth, and consistent, but now you'd be a fool these days to dismiss the results given the rigor. It's a more recent development, but hopefully that means the other oil brands are going to step it up in response to getting publicly blown the frick out. So the consumer wins either way in the end, ideally.

https://i.imgur.com/wnAiwog.jpg

5 different answers for definitive best motor oil in addition to the half dozen all ready mentioned earlier in the thread. KEK thanks for the laughs, anons. It's been fun.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

4 of those replies weren't even in the discussion/aren't the same people you were previously replying to. So yeah. Not surprising. Just like not everyone reads Road & Track, not everyone's going to be aware of the same data.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

You have to realize when euros are posting.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Not Euro.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

for me it's

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/w9Xl5RZ.jpg

You fricked up

https://i.imgur.com/5JlV07Z.jpg

after working in fleet maintenance where we did regular oil sample testing, i'm pretty sure brand preference is a meme, just change your damn oil

but i stick with ultra platinum

Correct. Pennzoil is the correct answer. Pennzoil, Shell gas and Michelin tires... I'll simp for the holy 3 any day of the week.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Yellowpill me on Shell gas. Very interested to hear this now.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

shell premium gas has shown on dynos on some motors to yield higher numbers. and overall, performance with it seems better than sunaco, bp, or the random phillips station you'll find. shell is top tier gas

[...]
          [...]

i'm currently debating with myself between conti xc, and pilot sport 4 s

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>shell premium gas has shown on dynos on some motors to yield higher numbers. and overall, performance with it seems better than sunaco, bp, or the random phillips station you'll find. shell is top tier gas
            Based tip, will keep in mind from now on

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

ya google it and check what you see. you can find the best gas for your enginetune. i run shell 93 in an ls3 camaro. no complaints besides the price

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Not looking for a spoonfeed, but been searching for a while and can't find anything conclusive. Closest I can find are videos of dyno testing 2-3 brands at a time, but that's either too few brands, or the results are inconclusive. The rest seems anecdotal, and a lot of irrelevant results

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The wife's car gets Contis. Vette gets PS4S.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    • 1 month ago
      Anonymous

EXTRA ZOOP

I know what I'm buying from now on

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I mix 4 of them together and put it in

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Valvoline synthetic blend my beloved

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

motul.

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Mobil1 synthetic because everybody carries it and it's usually on sale somewhere. My vehicles burn and leak it and contaminate it with gas so technically it's overkill. I'd like to try the Shill Brotella but they don't make anything in 5w30.

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

castrol edge euro 5w40.

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>morons itt posting links to project farm
    >uses oil as a grinding fluid
    >freezes it beyond it's operational temp range for reasons
    >heats it in a coffee pot

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

As opposed to ...

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

actual oil testing and analysis. project farm is for morons.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Can you define testing and analysis.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Actual wear analysis involving testing the oil in simulated engine conditions. The machines used for this preheat the oil to operating temps and it's run through various simulated engine components. One such machine is a main/crank bearing tester that uses engine bearings with a shaft running through them and is subjected to various loads and conditions. project farm using the oil as a grinding fluid only tests what would happen under extreme metal on metal contact such as spinning a rod/main bearing. And in that case the engine is toast anyway. He also never submits the oil for analysis after testing making all of his data invalid.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>He also never submits the oil for analysis after testing making all of his data invalid.
            It's amazing how confidently wrong people can be
            You need me to timestamp it too?
            The spoonfeeding in this thread is insane

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

So he had a bunch of virgin oil samples tested. How does that prove that less wear occurs with specific oils when said oil is not used as a grinding fluid?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>He did it once and only with unused samples
            you've proven my point.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Your point was that he didn't, lmao
            Literally making shit up, even on the comeback

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

My point that he doesn't submit used oil samples after testing, you proved that he didn't. GG no re.

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

amsoil
    valvoline
    supertech

24. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

For me, it's Penrite 10 Tenths.

25. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I use scamsoil in the cars that I love, and walshart supertech for the daily beaters that I change the oil in within 3k miles anyways.

26. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Anyone who puts something more expensive than pic related in their car, has fallen for the Big Oil psyop.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Post car

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Mazda Premacy

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

you mean michelin primacy? wtf you oiling a tyre for lmao

27. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

92,95 dollarinos for 5 litres of ESP 5W-30? WHAT THE FRICK?

28. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I usually grab Motul if I can source some that has been refined in France.
    For filters I use MANN.

29. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Whatever they use at Jiffy Lube, not sure.

30. 1 month ago
    UwU

Is 5w40 worth it over 10w40?

31. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Mobil 1 remains the best oil to use on pretty much any application I've used. Liqui Moly is something I use only because Mobil 1 does not meet the requirements for VAG group shit, and I'm not a materials scientist.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What??? Mobil 1 ESP meets MB 229.31, 229.51, 229.52.. meets bmw LL04, Meets Porsche C30, VW 504 and VW 507. All the common rail dpf diesels call for VW 507 and I think all their gas motors use spec 504. Is there a new VW spec I missed that is not covered by mobil 1 ESP??

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I wouldn't even be worrying about manufacturer certified oil specs if I were him, it's not even labeled as good for Hondas, yet Honda dealers put Mobil 0W-20 in all their shit.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Is there a new VW spec
        Yes. 508.00 and 509.00

32. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

after working in fleet maintenance where we did regular oil sample testing, i'm pretty sure brand preference is a meme, just change your damn oil

but i stick with ultra platinum

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Again Penzoil UP takes the cake. Burger posters pretty much all agree it's the best there is.

Meanwhile Euro posters all say Mobil and Liquid Molli. Not even Agip or Rotella.

I think we can just end the thread at this point, the votes are clearly in. Still my fav is Red Line because the extra buttload of phosphorous make my high compression tuned turbo engines a million times smoother. That means only means I LIKE it. Penzoil is still supreme.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Pennz is goyslop compared to pao and ester based AMSOIL.

• 1 month ago
      \.....o

What about all those forum posts where boomer claims his engine grenaded after changing oil brands.

33. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Supertech. Cheapest thing that meets spec. And unless you're racing or constrained by warranty, you're a fool for using something else. Where are you actually need to be discerning is your oil filter. And boring as it may be, the OEM brand is probably the best bang for the buck.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Checked, and are you me? Wally-tech full syn 5w-20 and Motorcraft filter for the Ferd

34. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Super Tech got my last 2 cars to 300k miles so I don't see any reason to buy more expensive oil.

35. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Kirkland Signature Car Fricker Upper™

36. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

All oils are the same if meets spec. Stop being moronic consoomergays

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Already proven wrong, moron. Stop trying to sound clever and above it all, no one's impressed, especially not here

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Where is the proof? Muh feelings is not a proof

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Well, literacy is a prerequisite, so not very high hopes of changing your mind.

37. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

10w 40 conventional because my bike is 50 years old

38. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Are modern cars really that picky that you can only use some type of oil in it?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

It's not necessarily about modern or not, it depends on the engine, which yes, design trends change with eras. You don't want the same type of oil in a 2024 as you would a 60s or 70s because of engineering differences because the standards are different at different times, they designed the engines around what was expected to be used. Just like using unleaded gas is bad for older engines too, because they were designed with leaded in mind.

Manufacturers telling everyone these new cars basically run on water with 0 weight viscosities is insane to me though.

39. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Liqui

40. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Liqui-Moly 8100 X-cess because 9e/liter and Porsche A40 cert'd

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

8100 X-cess is Motul

41. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

pennzoil is ab-inbev swill

42. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
  43. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
  44. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
  45. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Twingo: 10W-40 Semi-synth Valvoline and Mann filter.
    Calibra: Castrol GTX 10W-40 Semi-synth and Mann filter.
    Snek: Mobil 10W-40 and Mopar Viper filter.

46. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

cheapest i can get.

my shitbox burn 1l of oil per 1000 km

47. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

AMSOIL.
    I dont use emission Black person oil from them. I use z rod that would kill your cat.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

About time someone else recognizes Amsoil superiority. Only reason Pennzoil is top choice is because it's easier to get. It's harder to get your hands on Amsoil so most people don't even realize it's an option or don't want to go through the effort.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

AMSOIL.
        I dont use emission Black person oil from them. I use z rod that would kill your cat.

RED LINE > amwaysoil

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Redline is very good, another oil in the S tier, along with Amsoil and Ultra Platinum. Whether they're 3rd or not is when we get into splitting hairs

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

i use valvoline "full synthetic" in all the women whose cars oil I change. don't let anyone on here know. I've also been known to use Liqui Moly in a couple cars. Otherwise it's RED LINE 5W40 in every car.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

oh and DRIVEN Break-In oil for new/rebuilt engines

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Look its that guy who got slaughtered by the amwayguy

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

amway, more like amgay

Reeeee line isnt good for extended drain like amsoil

>extended drain
            Disgusting.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Reeeee line isnt good for extended drain like amsoil

• 1 month ago
      Greased Geese

I've got some of their break-in oil and I'm about to dump it and put zrod in but after about 3 oil changes it'll probably go on to drink the cheap stuff.

48. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

i switched from canola to this and instantly noticed a difference

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Peanut oil is the correct choice for frying. Yes

Amsoil is what my mechanic at work runs in his car. All of the equipment just uses the cheapest shit we can get.
      My car, however runs on Royal Purple if they don't have the ultra platinum Pennzoil

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Brush peanut oil on exhaust and it slows down external rust. You gotta get it hot so it bakes into the pores though.

49. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

What's a good Liqui moly for a street/track day car?

50. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

This engineering explained video red pilled me on additive packages.

?si=FABnKPioxWLVjFob

51. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

amsoil = amway multi level marketing bullshit
    pennzoil = ab-inbev swill

52. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Motul
    Redline fricks with my sensor

53. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

can't beat the king

54. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Sounds like it's all the frickin same and you're all just brandgayging for the one you think has the coolest marketing.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Sounds like someone doesn't know how to read
      Many such cases. Sad

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Ok what's the best and objectively why?

55. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

why do namegays give opinions no one asked for?

56. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

BEHOLD, THE ONE TRUE LORD AND MASTER

Amsoil is a close second.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>10wshitter
      Modern dohc v8s need 5w50 so they can drain the oil out the top. 10w30 is shitrod oil.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

amsoil is overpriced and no different from Pennz UP or Mobil 1 AFS
        everything else is either inferior or overpriced.

here's a very relevant link to prove and disprove everything in this thread:
        https://pqia.org

50-weight rating is for being drag'd all night or track used. you could run 0-20 in a coyote for 250k miles if it was just a normal DD

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>different from Pennz UP or Mobil 1 AFS
          Actually a huge difference between goyslop brands snd ams on paper. Actually 3x the wear protection of mobil1 proven on 3 ford duratecs.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Wrong, "Premium" brands like Amsoil and Royal Purple are not worth the $$, they are only selling you a "Premium Brand Lifestyle" on repackaged oils.

Here, it's Scamzoil, Royal Turd and COSTO KIRKLAND BRAND all next to each other.
            Look at the hot viscosities, the TBN, and the detergent/additives packs between all three.
            https://pqia.org/amsoil-sae-5w-30-motor-oil/
            https://pqia.org/royal-purple-sae-5w-30-api-sp-synthetic-motor-oil/
            https://pqia.org/kirkland-full-synthetic-sae-5w-30-motor-oil/

All same-grade Synthetics.
            Kirkland outperforms RP and is HALF THE PRICE.
            HALF.
            Amsoil doesn't even compare to the two.

Now frick off you're a dumb one.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>thinking winter weight makes a difference at operating temp

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>never starting your car
          ???
          Black person

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

An engine builder I know recommended Schaeffer's to me because he used it in all his engines and I've been using it ever since.

57. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

depends.
    >i only use the finest amsoil full pao synthetic, 10w-30 of course because the friction modifiers often go before the oil itself does. no more than every 3000 miles, engine has been fine for the past 20 years doing this

>oh yea back in 2002 i got fkn lazy and now i just get whatever's on sale at walmart, change it once i year i guess or whenever i feel like it lol
    go figure

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

lmao, this
      the people who think every oil is the same probably drink tap water thinking "all water does the same thing, all water is the same water"

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

if my goal is to jusy stay well hydrated and alive well then yeah tap water from my bathroom is the same as the tap water from my kitchen sink

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>tap water same as from my kitchen sink
          Either 800 IQ post or 8 IQ post

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>tap water from my bathroom is the same as the tap water from my kitchen sink

>tap water same as from my kitchen sink
          Either 800 IQ post or 8 IQ post

well it is the same water

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yeah that's what I was implying, either it's a clever troll or he's room temperature IQ. Sink IS tap water

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

i only said it because ive met people who thought it wasnt ok to drink from the bathroom tap but fine to drink from the kitchen tap. they were rather sheltered people who never lived in older houses with questionable plumbing either.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

lmao holy shit, how did you meet them?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

there are plenty of people who think it's weird or bathroom sink water is going to "taste different", I've heard stuff like that more than a handful of times

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

ok, just because it's common for you doesn't mean it's common for everyone. never heard anyone ever mention anyone else talking like that before. clearly some regional moronation going on

work
            office cooler/lunch break conversations. topic drifted over to tap water vs bottled water and i mentioned that i drink from whatever tap is available
            >"even the bathroom?"
            even the bathroom. we all did lol. he seemed absolutely floored because growing up it just wasnt a thing he did in his house. we pointed out to him that they're all connected to the same pipes. after that he no longer discriminated.
            another was a chick who felt grossed out, seemed to be in the same line as the "don't eat where you shit" thing but started warming up to it out of laziness kek

kek, based morons
            at least they changed their ways

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I never said it's "common for me" I said I've heard that behavior more than a handful of times.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>clearly some regional moronation going on
            maybe. different anon here. I fill up my water bottle in the bathroom at work because it's closer than the break room, but people have told me that it's weird and that the water is worse there but with no backing evidence. they're obviously moronic, plus most of these dopes buy and drink bottled water

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

work
            office cooler/lunch break conversations. topic drifted over to tap water vs bottled water and i mentioned that i drink from whatever tap is available
            >"even the bathroom?"
            even the bathroom. we all did lol. he seemed absolutely floored because growing up it just wasnt a thing he did in his house. we pointed out to him that they're all connected to the same pipes. after that he no longer discriminated.
            another was a chick who felt grossed out, seemed to be in the same line as the "don't eat where you shit" thing but started warming up to it out of laziness kek

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Really?!
            You got to be kidding me?!

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The pipes might be different. Also I have a filter under my kitchen sink so its actually clean

58. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

$22.97 at Walmart

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Nice. My walmart never has the heavier viscosities sadly

59. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Rotella T6 5w40
    My 4 cylinder Hondas love the stuff

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Based, only shit I use for my bikes. Surprised this wasn't posted sooner tbqbfamalam

60. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Picrel because it's the cheapest full synthetic 5W40 I can easily buy. Judging by the sheer amount of cars that use the same engine still on the road (and all of them being poorgay model) it doesn't seem to be overly picky in terms of oil.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/I2tenCd.jpg

This when its on sale + mann filter
      Im not falling for the overpriced oil israelite

5 liter for 20 euro is much cheaper
      kanker aap

61. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I just go with the usual.

62. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Whatever my guy gives me, he knows what he's doing

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I used to change my own oils. Ford specific for Ford. Once I got lazy. They just poured their generic 5w30. The car is no more.

63. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Anyone use this before? Just bought some and curious if anyone has any opinions about it

64. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Of course, sippin on the side

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>motul 300v for a low strung ftr engine
      wut

65. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

idgaf aslong it's correct weight and rating

66. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Test

67. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I don't really care since they're all made to SAE specs and marketing is the major difference. Oil doesn't matter as much as noobs think but it's one way they can interact with their engine so it gets more attention than deserved.

Oil brand doesn't kill engines.

68. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

rural king providence brand oil and purolator oil filters

69. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

oem toyota or whatever the real manufacturer is behind it

70. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Use to use liquimoly when for my previous car. I would buy online and pick up at the local napa store that sucks balls just so the fatass manger would print off a sell sheet with the $76 store price on it when I only paid 39. The butthole would run a highlighter over the $76 and look at me like I was stealing from him, frick napa

71. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I used to buy mobil 1 only but I switched to kirkland full synthetic so I could change it out more often

72. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Motox because my jap piece of shit doesn't deserve anything better

73. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Lube tech here, my shop carries red line for the premium option and kendel for poorgays who don't care about their car.

74. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Pennzoil Platinum is the only thing I ever put in my cars. My shitbox truck gets Rotella 15w40, though.

75. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Shell rotella. I put that shit in everything

76. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Pennzoil or ACDelco

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

tfw no pennzoil synchromesh in europ.
      I need it so much

77. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mobil 1 0W-20 with a Honda branded FRAM filter, if it's good enough for a new Civic Type R, its good enough for me.

78. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Delo. It's cheap and I need 15 quarts per change every 5k miles

79. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Pennzooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiil

80. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I just get the one that is the cheapest that also won't ruin my engine, or the one with the rebate (usually Mobil 1).

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Mobil 1 is a pretty based oil, I know people think it's mid, but a 450 degree flashpoint with all that Moly in there isn't bad for $30 a jug at Walmart Amazon.

81. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I use Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w-30 when it's colder and switch for 10w-40 when it's warmer for the project with a K&N filter. For the daily shitbox it's the cheapest 5w-30 and FRAM filter.

82. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

COSTCO / KIRKLAND OIL. AND THE FACT ONLY A FEW ANONS HAVE SAID THIS ACTUALLY PISSES ME THE FRICK OFF. GUYS, PLEASE.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Based warren distribution oils, I don't have costco card but the AmazonBasics 0W-20 is the same thing.

83. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

So why is the diesel oil 15w-40 now?

84. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I only run Wally-Worlds cheapest, and change it when the oil pressure drops.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You gotta be careful about dropping oil pressure Anon, engines are pretty good about briefly running without going metal on metal, but it's not a good thing, that film of oil left over can only protect so much.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I know, thanks for the work of caution though. I should have added I don't recommend doing this unless you are a shitbox guru and have a mechanical oil gauge, the too late light won't save you when it comes to thin worn out oil.

85. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mobil 1 fully synthetic, in whatever spec the manufacturer recommends. But for what it’s worth you will probably have a healthier engine if you use cheaper oil and replace it more frequently. Just some food for thought

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>you will probably have a healthier engine if you use cheaper oil and replace it more frequently
      That's sage advice Anon, a lot of morons thinking they're doing their motor a service buy buying overpriced oil and running 10K intervals are probably gonna have more wear than guys who use Autozone brand synthetic oil and change it every 3K

86. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

oil is whatever full syn is cheapest
    filter is anything but Fram, but I lean toward Purilator, Wix, or Mann if they have them

87. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Amsoil if I care, other than that usually mobil or valvoline, whichever best one in spec is cheapest. Quaker isn't bad either, used to buy it for 15 for 5q at walmart.

88. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

R O Y A L P U R P L E

89. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Toyota in dead last
    Uh oh

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Le homosexual aids face

90. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

meme oil

91. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Quaker State Full Synthetic, it's cheap and my driving necessitates 5k oil changes at maximum.

92. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

For Japanese cars penzoil

For my camero valvoline

For my truck shell rotella

There is no “best oil”

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>There is no “best oil”
      Yes there is. Best for its application. As you prove.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

what the FRICK is a camero?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's not quite a Camaro. You ask "Ya esta el Camaro?" And they respond "Camero." Alternatively it's the last name of a film director that makes blockbuster films, but leaves out the

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i hope it's because they require different weights
      if they're all the same weight then you are moronic

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

5w-20 is the best weight. I use it in everything.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

then just use the same oil!!!!!

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Different additive packages go better with vehicles from different continents. I doubt anyone is dumb enough to put Mobil 1 or Quaker state in a high end bmw/merc, but you seem to disprove that.

93. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

depends for what car
    focus: motorcraft 5w50
    bmw: liquimoly or OEM 10w60

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

5w50 in a focus? What engine is in it? That's stupidly thick for a duratec

94. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I use 300v for my race bikes, and cheap synthetic for everything else.

95. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The shop I brought my car to for alignment and corner balancing shit talked the Mobil1 5w30 I put in because of the lifter tick he was hearing. He told me to use Liquimoly, Motul, or Amsoil 50 oils for autocross. BMW N52. Do I take his advice? I was looking at Liquimoly 5w50 because Motul and Amsoil are expensive as frick.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

"oil x [causes or cures] LIFTER TICK" is one of the oldest oil bullshits to exist. Ignore that moron.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

He was shit talking the mobil1 but giving me that oil recommendation when talking about autocross. Now that I've looked into it further it looks like he recommended that because of oil temps. I'm going to install an oil cooler so I can run 5w-40 instead. He made me worry about the lifter tick though.

96. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Any Rotella T6 chads itt? 180k turbo and it's still silver inside. This is a big deal.

97. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

ive been buying the grocery store brand. there is one from menards... it was like less than 2 dollars a cutie

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

2 dollars a cutie? That's a steal.

98. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I use Mobil 1

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

So I'm going to give everyone advice:

Don't use high mile oils if your car doesn't have oil leaks.
      If your car does have oil leaks, and you use high mile oil, never stop using it or the leaks will get very very bad.

high mileage oils have extra additives to swell the seals. If your engine seals are still good, no matter the miles, you dont need high mileage oil.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'm my case, what if you have a VQ Motor >_>

99. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My Toyota's 1.8l engine gets Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30, my Nissan's 3.5l gets Motul Chrono 300V 10W-40.

100. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Are there any brands making full synth 15W40? I've seen Rotella T6 but I can only find it on Amazon for $200 a gallon (am europoor)

101. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Amsoil when it's on sale, otherwise I'm saucing up with Penny ulti platty.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *